PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have more undeserved all star selections than Kobe?

JT123
01-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Serious question. Let's go over them

98: Wasn't even good enough to start on his own team, but was voted a starter for the All Star game due to the media ALREADY hyping him as the next MJ because of fancy dunks and ATG athleticism.

2014: Played just 6 games and was awful in 5 of them. Nothing more needs to be said.

2015: Was historically inefficient while being a net negative on both ends of the floor, but was voted in by dumb fans thinking that a high ppg average = being a good player. :facepalm

2016: Having arguably the worst season in nba history for a player getting the minutes he does, and was the biggest laughing stock in the history of sports prior to announcing his retirement in a desperate attempt to get everyone to stop making fun of him. :lol
It worked briefly, but the novelty has now worn off. Kobe being an All Star officially makes the accolade completely meaningless.

Can anyone honestly think of another player who has anywhere close to this amount of undeserved selections? I'm talking ANY sport, not just NBA. :confusedshrug:

Im Still Ballin
01-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Kobe didn't rape her

Lebronxrings
01-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Wade maybe? Didn't deserve all star selections from the past 3 years.

WayOfWade
01-22-2016, 03:04 PM
More undeserved? Yes. Most undeserved? I'd give that to T-Mac and Yao in 2010; granted it wasn't their fault but still...

WayOfWade
01-22-2016, 03:05 PM
I was going to argue with you, but then I realized that the League has no great SG's anymore so Wade does get in by default

Gus Hemmingway
01-22-2016, 03:05 PM
JT123 is back! :rockon:

Showtime2001
01-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Serious question. Let's go over them

98: Wasn't even good enough to start on his own team, but was voted a starter for the All Star game due to the media ALREADY hyping him as the next MJ because of fancy dunks and ATG athleticism.

2014: Played just 6 games and was awful in 5 of them. Nothing more needs to be said.

2015: Was historically inefficient while being a net negative on both ends of the floor, but was voted in by dumb fans thinking that a high ppg average = being a good player. :facepalm

2016: Having arguably the worst season in nba history for a player getting the minutes he does, and was the biggest laughing stock in the history of sports prior to announcing his retirement in a desperate attempt to get everyone to stop making fun of him. :lol
It worked briefly, but the novelty has now worn off. Kobe being an All Star officially makes the accolade completely meaningless.

Can anyone honestly think of another player who has anywhere close to this amount of undeserved selections? I'm talking ANY sport, not just NBA. :confusedshrug:
Meltdown.

kennethgriffin
01-22-2016, 03:06 PM
considering the show kobe put on during the game. its obvious he belonged there in 1998

sportjames23
01-22-2016, 03:09 PM

Ya'll stay winning?

JT123
01-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Never went anywhere bro. :cheers:
Just taking a step back and letting others carry the torch for a while. :rockon:

JT123
01-22-2016, 03:28 PM
This is another good point. Wade being a starter over Butler this year is an absolute joke. :facepalm

tmacattack33
01-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Yao maybe since he had the votes of the biggest country in the world

Iverson maybe, since was more of a GOAT cultural phenomenon than a true GOAT