PDA

View Full Version : We'll look back on the Blatt firing similarly to Mark Jackson in GS

Cocaine80s
01-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Cavs win it all this year, I'm betting another 1k on this shit

JebronLames
01-22-2016, 08:21 PM
:applause:

kennethgriffin
01-22-2016, 08:22 PM
i'l admit that teams usually do better right off the bat after a coach is fired out of pure effort to show it actually was his fault. but they usually all fall back into the same habits

Cocaine80s
01-22-2016, 08:22 PM
i'l admit that teams usually do better right off the bat after a coach is fired out of pure effort to show it actually was his fault. but they usually all fall back into the same habits
I feel sorry for the Bulls tomorrow

buddha
01-22-2016, 08:23 PM

firing McHale hasn't helped the Rockets any.

FLDFSU
01-22-2016, 08:24 PM
And that firing was stupid too...as was the McHale firing...

BasedTom
01-22-2016, 08:25 PM
dawhite coward has had a couple games better than any he's ever had in either a rockets or lakers uni

Kawhi
01-22-2016, 08:26 PM
And that firing was stupid too...
They won a championship after losing in the 1st round the year before. How was it stupid?

Beastmode88
01-22-2016, 08:28 PM
So you're betting just to lose another 1k? :lol

Dr Seuss
01-22-2016, 08:28 PM
And that firing was stupid too...as was the McHale firing...

youre usually a pretty level-headed poster. but whaaaaaat?

besides being a sound public/motivational speaker, jackson had no semblance of an offense and relied on malone to run all X and O's for the team

WorldWarriors
01-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Jackson was an ok coach in my book but he took them as far as he could take them. He wouldn't take any advice from anybody either. Plus he liked keeping shit up between the players.

FLDFSU
01-22-2016, 08:37 PM
They won a championship after losing in the 1st round the year before. How was it stupid?

It was stupid when Pat Riley fired Stan Van Gundy and he won a championship too...Prior to Mark Jackson, the Warriors went 25 years without having back to back winning seasons.

Stop firing coaches who have (a) pulled your sh*t franchises out of the lottery (b) overall has your team moving in the right direction (c) has been coaching your team for less than 4 seasons.

The only firing that made any bit of sense was Thibs because he was in charge for 5 full seasons, but even then it is a stretch to fire him.

Even Scott Brooks firing was iffy.

Unless under certain circumstances NO coach should be losing their job within 5 years after getting to the playoffs.

Back In Shape
01-22-2016, 08:39 PM
So you're betting just to lose another 1k? :lol

The only K this guy got is the K-Y jelly his prison daddy used on him

Dr Seuss
01-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Unless under certain circumstances NO coach should be losing their job within 5 years after getting to the playoffs.

there were plenty of circumstances, besides the ones already listed in here, for his firing.

he kept things from mgmt
held grudges against players and mgmt
forced religion on the team

just a bunch of other shitty, non professional actions that led to his canning.

BasedTom
01-22-2016, 08:51 PM
It was stupid when Pat Riley fired Stan Van Gundy and he won a championship too...Prior to Mark Jackson, the Warriors went 25 years without having back to back winning seasons.

Stop firing coaches who have (a) pulled your sh*t franchises out of the lottery (b) overall has your team moving in the right direction (c) has been coaching your team for less than 4 seasons.

The only firing that made any bit of sense was Thibs because he was in charge for 5 full seasons, but even then it is a stretch to fire him.

underachieving is a valid reason

FLDFSU
01-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Let me repeat this again.

Prior to Mark Jackson taking over GS, the Warriors was a sh*t franchise that had not had back to back winning records in many of our lifetimes.

Mark Jackson was fired after posing the highest winning percentage since 1992. And the second highest overall in franchise history, which began in 1947!

Let me repeat that. Mark Jackson was fired after posing the highest winning percentage since 1947.

They were a complete and utter mess when Jackson took over. Hardly anybody wanted that job before Jackson. Three years later, suddenly the Warriors' vacancy is the most coveted in the league? Why? . Because in three short years Jackson managed to turn around a team that Don Nelson couldn't even turn around.

Jackson DESERVED five years
So McHale
So did Avery Johnson
So did Stand Van Gundy
So did Mike Brown

And so too did David Blatt. Firing successful coaches within 5 years after you hired them because you believed they are the man for the job tells me that either the GM/Front office/Owner should fired themselves because it is obvious that they got it wrong or are wholly impatient.

Kawhi
01-22-2016, 09:02 PM

This is complete nonsense. The Warriors had reached their peak with Jackson as a coach. He taught them defense, which Kerr now benefits from, but Jackson's offensive approach was laughable. The Warriors, despite their weapons, were quite easy to defend. Because it was Curry and Thompson, period. As soon as Jackson was fired, and the Warriors were freed, they won a championship. The Warriors were massive underachievers under Jackson.

''Stupid firing.''

Fallen Angel
01-22-2016, 09:08 PM
because his assistant is an exact clone of him

firing McHale was a culture shock for the franchise and gives FA coaches time to look at the roster and decide if they'd want to take over the team in the offseason.

BasedTom
01-22-2016, 09:10 PM

Prior to Mark Jackson taking over GS, the Warriors was a sh*t franchise that had not had back to back winning records in many of our lifetimes.

Mark Jackson was fired after posing the highest winning percentage since 1992. And the second highest overall in franchise history, which began in 1947!

Let me repeat that. Mark Jackson was fired after posing the highest winning percentage since 1947.

They were a complete and utter mess when Jackson took over. Hardly anybody wanted that job before Jackson. Three years later, suddenly the Warriors' vacancy is the most coveted in the league? Why? . Because in three short years Jackson managed to turn around a team that Don Nelson couldn't even turn around.

So McHale
So did Avery Johnson
So did Stand Van Gundy
So did Mike Brown

And so too did David Blatt. Firing successful coaches within 5 years after you hired them because you believed they are the man for the job tells me that either the GM/Front office/Owner should fired themselves because it is obvious that they got it wrong or are wholly impatient.
I was referring more to Scott Brooks there

FLDFSU
01-22-2016, 09:19 PM
This is complete nonsense. The Warriors had reached their peak with Jackson as a coach. He taught them defense, which Kerr now benefits from, but Jackson's offensive approach was laughable. The Warriors, despite their weapons, were quite easy to defend. Because it was Curry and Thompson, period. As soon as Jackson was fired, and the Warriors were freed, they won a championship. The Warriors were massive underachievers under Jackson.

''Stupid firing.''

You know that the Warriors reached their peak with under Jackson despite the fact they progressively got better? After three seasons? Really?

What are next week's lottery numbers?

And the funny thing is that many of those "weapons" you cite wouldn't even be there without Jackson.

In three seasons, he made the Warriors' job attractive. Not the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat, or even Rockets. The damn Warriors.

Goofsta Knicca
01-22-2016, 09:24 PM
You know that the Warriors reached their peak with under Jackson despite the fact they progressively got better? After three seasons? Really?

What are next week's lottery numbers?

And the funny thing is that many of those "weapons" you cite wouldn't even be there without Jackson.

In three seasons, he made the Warriors' job attractive. Not the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat, or even Rockets. The damn Warriors.

You Mark Jackson?

FLDFSU
01-22-2016, 09:24 PM
I was referring more to Scott Brooks there

I can understand the Scott Brooks firing a little more. He took over for a sh*t franchise too but KD and Westbrook, most would say were destined to be stars, especially KD.

The biggest thing with Thibs and Brooks is at least they got 5 years...Scott getting 6.

I personally wouldn't have fired either, but at least they got 5 years.

Jackson on the other hand...was fired after his third year and the franchise 2nd best record...Complete nonsense.

Blatt situation takes the cake though...

Kawhi
01-22-2016, 09:31 PM

What did that progressively getting better lead to? Indeed, a first round exit to the Clippers. His biggest achievement? Winning a series against George Karl's Nuggets...

Sure, Jackson gave Kerr a lot of things to benefit from, but he wasn't using them properly, as we are seeing now.

You think under Jackson, these things would have happened?
- Running plays for Curry off the ball more often, to get him more open shots? Doubt it.
- Draymond Green thriving as a point forward? Again, nope. Green was seeing the floor ~17 mpg under Jackson.
- Harrison Barnes playing a big role in the starting line up? Hell to the no. Jackson had Barnes coming off the bench, running isolation plays for him, as if he was prime LeBron James.
- Bogut actually being somewhat healthy? Doubtful, Bogut had to play every other game, around 27 minutes on average. He'd go down eventually, as he did right before the Clippers series.
- Iguodala being an excellent spark off the bench, eventually leading to him winning a damn Finals MVP? Again, nope. He was starting, he wasn't asked to bring the ball up. His versatility wasn't used.

Underachieving. As soon as the Warriors offense was freed up, they thrived and they are dominating the league. Yes, they definitely should have kept Mark Jackson.

Nick Young
01-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Holy shit!

sixer6ad
01-22-2016, 10:55 PM

So McHale
So did Avery Johnson
So did Stand Van Gundy
So did Mike Brown

Ridiculous that any management team would think "I can't fire this guy...he went to the Finals in _____ (pick a year within the last 5). This isn't high school basketball where loyalty to a good teacher or someone who is good with the youth of the community deserves to build. Listen to Griff's presser: "pretty good" isn't good enough, the locker room was a mess, it's the best team in his 24 years that doesn't play well..." All kinds of good things. Blatt lost the locker room, players didn't respect him, they boycotted him at Portland and lost by a billion. Griffin knows why it happened. None of us do. Nobody "deserves" anything in this league; it is earned. Bill Belechick should never get fired. Pop should never get fired. Tony Larussa (retired) should never get fired. Some coaches are good enough to win titles and endure struggles, some aren't good enough to win, some are good enough to win but can't take a great team to its peak. Blatt lost the team. It's a great move.

TommyGriffin
01-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Mark Jackson got fired because he was black.

David Blatt got fired because he was white.

KyrieTheFuture
01-23-2016, 01:13 AM
Mark Jackson is one of the worst coaches of all time. Seeing someone defend him like this is astounding.

Heavincent
01-23-2016, 02:18 AM
And that firing was stupid too

:biggums:

Heavincent
01-23-2016, 02:19 AM

So McHale
So did Avery Johnson
So did Stand Van Gundy
So did Mike Brown

Yeah I'm sure the Warriors are really regretting the decision to fire Jackson right about now. Big mistake.

dhsilv
01-23-2016, 02:40 AM
youre usually a pretty level-headed poster. but whaaaaaat?

besides being a sound public/motivational speaker, jackson had no semblance of an offense and relied on malone to run all X and O's for the team

to be honest that can be said about a LOT of coaches throughout history.

dhsilv
01-23-2016, 02:42 AM

Thibs might be the best assistant coach ever, but dude has the worst minute management ever. You can't be an owner and be OK with putting your absurdly highly paid workers getting hurt over being over worked. This isn't Ibanking, you need a player in the game to make money off them. Not just showing up and billing someone for their time!

dhsilv
01-23-2016, 02:45 AM

So McHale
So did Avery Johnson
So did Stand Van Gundy
So did Mike Brown

Dunno about mike brown there...and I'm not even sure which team you're talking about with him, lol.

Jackson's firing I disagreed with, but man oh man Kerr has done a great job.

The reality is coaches get fired. They get paid comical amounts of money so I can't really feel bad for them. They get paid as much or more than some fortune 500 CEO's so again I just can't feel bad.

FLDFSU
01-23-2016, 06:05 AM
Ridiculous that any management team would think "I can't fire this guy...he went to the Finals in _____ (pick a year within the last 5). This isn't high school basketball where loyalty to a good teacher or someone who is good with the youth of the community deserves to build. Listen to Griff's presser: "pretty good" isn't good enough, the locker room was a mess, it's the best team in his 24 years that doesn't play well..." All kinds of good things. Blatt lost the locker room, players didn't respect him, they boycotted him at Portland and lost by a billion. Griffin knows why it happened. None of us do. Nobody "deserves" anything in this league; it is earned. Bill Belechick should never get fired. Pop should never get fired. Tony Larussa (retired) should never get fired. Some coaches are good enough to win titles and endure struggles, some aren't good enough to win, some are good enough to win but can't take a great team to its peak. Blatt lost the team. It's a great move.

Then why not fire the person who hired them? If Blatt is suddenly no longer good enough or not meeting your expectations whose fault is that?

Why does Griffin get to keep his job and make the next hire?

What if that guy doesn't live up to expectations too? Does the GM get to fire and replace him too?

FLDFSU
01-23-2016, 06:21 AM
Dunno about mike brown there...and I'm not even sure which team you're talking about with him, lol.

Jackson's firing I disagreed with, but man oh man Kerr has done a great job.

The reality is coaches get fired. They get paid comical amounts of money so I can't really feel bad for them. They get paid as much or more than some fortune 500 CEO's so again I just can't feel bad.

I was talking about the Lakers specially.

Even though his firing from Cavs the first or the second time was hardly justified either.

And I know that none of these coaches are going to be starving anytime soon, but if the people who are hiring these men are admitting to getting it wrong within 3 years of the hire, then why should they get another chance to screw up the next hire?

CavaliersFTW
01-23-2016, 06:34 AM
Cavs win it all this year, I'm losing another 1k on this shit
:oldlol:

zeerghit
01-23-2016, 06:48 AM
u can bet with me if u want 1k in pokerstars.

R.I.P.
01-23-2016, 08:30 AM

LOL. Mark Jackson is like a worse version of Avery Johnson. Not even the Nets are dumb enough to give Mark Jackson a 2nd chance. He