PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so upset with Blatt getting fired?

livinglegend
01-23-2016, 01:38 AM
None of you know what was going on behind the scenes.
Explanation please.

Nick Young
01-23-2016, 01:40 AM
Racism. Blatt was fired because of the color of his skin. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in 2016.

livinglegend
01-23-2016, 01:42 AM
Racism. Blatt was fired because of the color of his skin. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in 2016.

No offense, you are stupid.

EllisGW
01-23-2016, 01:44 AM
Blatt was not a good coach and players had no respect for him. If lebron had so much power hewould have been fired a long time ago. People who don't like lebron just try and find a reason to hate

Beastmode88
01-23-2016, 01:45 AM
It was uncalled for. He was fired after making the finals and being the top of the EC with a 30-11 record? Pitiful.

EllisGW
01-23-2016, 01:47 AM
It was uncalled for. He was fired after making the finals and being the top of the EC with a 30-11 record? Pitiful.

Any coach would have done that.....look at Luke Walton

livinglegend
01-23-2016, 01:48 AM

Here's the thing: You don't know what was happening behind the scenes. You can't really tell if it was uncalled for or not.

Beastmode88
01-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Here's the thing: You don't know what was happening behind the scenes. You can't really tell if it was uncalled for or not.

Please justify why he deserved to get fired.

Straight_Ballin
01-23-2016, 01:52 AM

This, it's a disgrace but I would expect nothing less than an incident like this occurring on a team that Lebron is playing for. The icing on the cake is that all said and done, Bron is 2/7 at the end of the season. It really is entertaining watching this guy crumble due to the fact that he brought it on himself. Curry was born at the same hospital as Bron, views Bron as a colluding beta, and will ensure that Bron never wins another ring. You think its just coincidence that the best basketball player in the world was born at the same place as the bald beta he shits on? Think again.

livinglegend
01-23-2016, 01:54 AM

I don't have any justification actually.
I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but at the same time, for the same reason, I won't make fake reasons on why he got fired and cry about it.

GimmeThat
01-23-2016, 01:59 AM
'you have no idea how much I hate moving' 'well, it must be less than the reason to why you are moving'

WayOfWade
01-23-2016, 02:04 AM
I'm actually happy, I never liked him as the Cavs' coach, perhaps because of the color of his skin...

Nick Young
01-23-2016, 02:05 AM
No offense, you are stupid.
#TRIGGERED

sixer6ad
01-23-2016, 08:09 AM

Listen to David Griffin's presser - he could NOT be any more honest about why David Blatt was fired. Don't rely on any idiots here who really know nothing about basketball.
- clarity of purpose
- no "good team" played as poorly as us
- no unification in the locker room
- the spirit of the team was nonexistent

Those are 4 of the nearly 15 items he mentioned. He knows. We don't. He came on national tv and told all of us why. Rely on him...not ISH or ANY media person.

Cocaine80s
01-23-2016, 08:11 AM
Literally any coach in the league couldve taken the Cavs to the finals last year

keep-itreal
01-23-2016, 08:14 AM
If Tyrone Lue turns out to be better coach then Lebron is a genius

BlakFrankWhite
01-23-2016, 08:15 AM

:roll: :roll:

Jeh-sus, easy there Nicky.

uber
01-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Why was anyone upset when Dwight got SVG fired?
Why was anyone upset when the GS players got Marc Jackson fired?
Why was anyone upset when Kobe got Brown fired?
Why was anyone upset when Melo got D'Antoni fired?

If it was justified to be upset because of the firings above why shouldn't it be now? Just because now it's Lebron who got his coach fired noone should say a thing when every other player would be criticized for it?

Harison
01-23-2016, 11:21 AM
I didnt like his signing in the first place (unproven coach in NBA for a win-now team?), but firing him now makes no sense. Unless they are replacing him with a superstar coach, but they dont.

90sgoat
01-23-2016, 11:50 AM
The disgusting thing is not that Blatt got fired, it's the way it was done.

Do you remember how Lebron deliberately sabotaged the Cavs in the first half of the season and even walked out on the team?

Bron was bitchmade passive agressive from the get go, and probably thought they'd fire Blatt when he took off for Miami. Instead they did magic and stacked the deck, but even that is not enough.

Why didn't Bran just say he didn't want Blatt from the beginning instead of sabotaging the coach and team?

Done_And_Done
01-23-2016, 11:53 AM
The disgusting thing is not that Blatt got fired, it's the way it was done.

Do you remember how Lebron deliberately sabotaged the Cavs in the first half of the season and even walked out on the team?

Bron was bitchmade passive agressive from the get go, and probably thought they'd fire Blatt when he took off for Miami. Instead they did magic and stacked the deck, but even that is not enough.

Why didn't Bran just say he didn't want Blatt from the beginning instead of sabotaging the coach and team?

In his defense, Blatt was hired prior to the Lebron signing which dramatically aletred the complexion of the team/expectations etc.

What was he to do, annul the Blatt hiring without even affording him an oppertunity to test the NBA waters?

90sgoat
01-23-2016, 11:56 AM
In his defense, Blatt was hired prior to the Lebron signing which dramatically aletred the complexion of the team/expectations etc.

What was he to do, annul the Blatt hiring without even affording him an oppertunity to test the NBA waters?

Yes, if ultimately Lebron knew he wanted a different coach then that would be the right thing to do. He had no problems shipping Wiggins off without a fair trial.

I don't know the contract specifics of Blatt, but no doubt he could have been cancelled with a smaller buyout.

HOoopCityJones
01-23-2016, 11:56 AM

Still no way they can justify firing a 30-11 Coach who just made the Finals last year and had his Team the top of their conference currently.

I agree with Rick Carlisle , that shit is Bizarre. Hope LBJ and The Cavs organization realize karma is a bitch and it comes in many forms.

Taller than CP3
01-23-2016, 01:56 PM
No one gave a damn about Blatt for 2 years. He was just another one of Lebron's puppets, a yes man incapable of winning a ring with the best team in the NBA. But he gets fired, and suddenly, everyone blames Lebron for it while praising Blatt as the greatest coach in the world. ****ing unbelievable.

jlip
01-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Most of the anger is not truly about people Blatt's firing. It's about the same group of people trying to find a reason to hate or justify their preexisting dislike for Lebron. It's like with the "Decision", people from all over the country, many who had never been to Cleveland, never in their lives had ever given a second thought to the city, its people, or their sports franchises, all of a sudden became "compassionate sports humanitarians" who cared how the fans of Cleveland felt after Lebron did the "Decision" and left.

I said basically the same thing back in 2011...

One other thing...I've been saying this since the backlash...The anger from Cleveland residents was OK (I guess), but the unprecendented fake sympathy from fans of teams from other cities has really amazed me. I've been watching the NBA since the late 80's. Players have done far worse things, but never have I ever heard Dallas fans say that they felt sorry for the way a player treated or left Philly or New York fans care about the fans of Detroit. Since when did fans from one city all of a sudden become such great humanitarians that their sympathetic, bleeding hearts started going out to the fans of a completely different team? I could care less about how the fans of another team feel about their team and franchise.

I mean seriously...Where is the bevy of Miami Heat "hate" threads and news now that Lebron is gone? No one outside of true Heat fans ever cared about the team. The rest was manufactured dislike for Lebron.

livinglegend
01-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Most of the anger is not truly about people Blatt's firing. It's about the same group of people trying to find a reason to hate or justify their preexisting dislike for Lebron. It's like with the "Decision", people from all over the country, many who had never been to Cleveland, never in their lives had ever given a second thought to the city, its people, or their sports franchises, all of a sudden became "compassionate sports humanitarians" who cared how the fans of Cleveland felt after Lebron did the "Decision" and left.

I said basically the same thing back in 2011...

I mean seriously...Where is the bevy of Miami Heat "hate" threads and news now that Lebron is gone? No one outside of true Heat fans ever cared about the team. The rest was manufactured dislike for Lebron.

good post