PDA

View Full Version : Why is Luke Walton suddenly being talked up as a great coach?

konex
01-23-2016, 02:21 AM
LMAO. On Lakers radio today they were clamoring for Byron to be fired so we can hire Luke. Do they realize Steph, Klay and Draymond aren't included if he's hired? :roll:

LoneyROY7
01-23-2016, 02:25 AM
The Lakers would be LUCKY to get Luke. Watch your f*cking tone.

dhsilv
01-23-2016, 02:27 AM
LMAO. On Lakers radio today they were clamoring for Byron to be fired so we can hire Luke. Do they realize Steph, Klay and Draymond aren't included if he's hired? :roll:

Does he have to be great to be a better choice for the lakers?

Funktion
01-23-2016, 02:29 AM
Maybe it's more about him knowing the system, the ins and outs.

1987_Lakers
01-23-2016, 02:32 AM
Luke Walton always had a high B-Ball IQ, got it from his Dad. I still remember Phil Jackson was so in Love with Walton that he would start him over Ariza in the first half of the '08-'09 season, Luke had to have a talk with Phil saying it would be best for him to come off the bench. Phil obviously loved Walton's B-ball IQ so much that he started him in games he shouldn't have.

Luke will be a good coach in this league, no doubt.

Heavincent
01-23-2016, 02:33 AM
You should hire Mark Jackson instead.

dhsilv
01-23-2016, 02:35 AM
Luke Walton always had a high B-Ball IQ, got it from his Dad. I still remember Phil Jackson was so in Love with Walton that he would start him over Ariza in the first half of the '08-'09 season, Luke had to have a talk with Phil saying it would be best for him to come off the bench. Phil obviously loved Walton's B-ball IQ so much that he started him in games he shouldn't have.

Luke will be a good coach in this league, no doubt.

Being a smart player and coach are completely different. One should never be used to compare to the other.

That said I don't disagree with Walton likely being a solid coach. I think he's got more of a passion for the game than he does for the act of playing it which is rare from a former player.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2016, 02:36 AM
you dont necessarily need to be great to be an upgrade over byron fkn scott :lol

buddha
01-23-2016, 02:42 AM
as someone who watched the Warriors win streak, Walton is a shit coach who almost cost them the streak atleast 8 times but AMC wouldn't be denied.

BasedTom
01-23-2016, 02:47 AM
inb4 coach walton transforms the sixers into a dynasty

wobcommish
01-23-2016, 05:19 AM
:facepalm With your reasoning I guess Phil Jackson wasn't that great either... I mean he had Jordan/Pippen and also Shaq/Kobe.