PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol to the Knicks for Arron Afflalo

Upgrayedd
01-23-2016, 08:07 AM
One rumor I'm reading with Gasol is a possible trade to send him to New York for Arron Afflalo. The Knicks would be crazy not to do that trade. As much as I love Gasol if he's serious about leaving Chicago I would rather get something in return than lose him for nothing. And the Bulls could use a guard like Afflalo. They could start him at the 2, Rose at the 1 and move Butler to the 3 along with Mirotic at the 5 and Taj at the 4. Sure the Bulls front court would be nothing compared to the potential Taj/Noah/Mirotic/Portis/Gasol rotation they had. But Noah is hurt and Gasol wants out. It would still leave the Bulls with Taj and Mirotic as starters and give more playing time to Bobby Portis off the bench and the Bulls still have Cameron Bairstow and Cristiano Felicio who can also play the center and power forward positions. And they'd have E'Twaun Moore, Hinrich, Snell, Dunleavy (when he comes back), McDermott and Aaron Brooks off the bench.

And I really like that idea of Afflalo, Butler, Rose, Mirotic and Taj as the starting lineup and I think they would be great under Hoiberg and Jim Boylen's offense.

keep-itreal
01-23-2016, 08:18 AM
Pau Gasol and Porzingis

that's pretty nice

SpaceJam
01-23-2016, 08:19 AM
#FreeBobbyPortis

ImKobe
01-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Why would the Bulls do this? Pau has been their 2nd most productive player this season and they already got Jimmy Butler on the wing.. with Noah's health there's no way Chicago would trade their best big man.

Teanett
01-23-2016, 10:22 AM
this trade makes no sense at all.
Afflalo is the Knicks only above average back court player.
They already have Porzingis and Lopez...

Done_And_Done
01-23-2016, 10:28 AM
The disparity in terms of importance to their teams is vast in this case. It would take more than AA to pry Pau out from Chicago's grip.

Dr Hawk
01-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Pau's the most important player in Chicago

dontgetchoked
01-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Pau's the most important player in Chicago

How do you know? You obviously don't watch bulls games, pau puts up the emptiest stats in the league. His defense is among the worst in the league. He is so damn slow and doesn't box out for rebounds. Just looks lazy out there. His scoring is great but that is basically all he brings to the table

Jimmy is clearly the best player on the team man rose has been number two since Christmas. Pau will be gone after this season no doubt. This all comes from a guy who really liked laker pau but he has been terrible on d the entire time he has been here

Edit: I would take this trade instantly, adds an actual shooter to the roster and more defense, and we get more mins for bobby. Why didn't the Bulls go after afflalo in the off season I the first place?

Locked_Up_Tonight
01-23-2016, 11:37 AM
I don't think Phil wants to go down that route.

eeeeeebro
01-23-2016, 12:24 PM

we have nobody on the team to hit 3 pointers but brooks this probably frees up durmott and niko for trade. and will give us a shot at a high draft pick this off season its evident this bulls is not going to beat a spurs / warrior team

WE shot 1 - 20 from 3 pointer .. the bulls have no problem getting easy 3s we just cant hit them

Draz
01-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Exactly wtf

imnew09
01-23-2016, 01:20 PM
Noah is pretty much out for the season so yea lets trade our only Center....

Op :facepalm

Lebronxrings
01-23-2016, 01:27 PM
so bulls trade their best player/ franchise guy for afflalo!???

:roll:

FKAri
01-23-2016, 01:39 PM
When Afflalo was out Sasha Vujacic was starting for the Knicks. Peak Sasha was a bench player for the Lakers when they couldn't make the playoffs with prime Kobe. And this is old ass Vujacic we're talking about.

Knicks would have one of the worst backcourt rotations of all time if this trade were made.

Upgrayedd
01-24-2016, 03:57 AM
The reason the Bulls do this trade is not to lose Pau Gasol this summer for nothing. Remember in 2012 when they lost both Asik and Kyle Korver for nothing? I don't want a repeat of that. If Gasol wants out then trade him right now. The Bulls could definitely use a guard like Afflalo. If the Knicks want a wing player in return they could work out a better deal with the Bulls and get Tony Snell. Gasol would be great to have to teach Porzingis.

I love Gasol. I don't want to see him leave. But he wants out of Chicago and I don't want the Bulls to lose him for nothing. I'd much rather see Noah traded and keep Gasol but they can't now because Noah is injured.

Nick Young
01-24-2016, 04:23 AM
Why would chicago do this?

Yoda
01-24-2016, 05:34 AM
A steal for the Knicks this would be.

bluechox2
01-24-2016, 03:21 PM
bulls throw in a draft pick and its a deal

dunksby
01-24-2016, 03:25 PM
If Chicago are to trade a big its Taj.