PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Heat so terrible this season?

keep-itreal
01-24-2016, 06:12 AM
23-21?? are you kidding me?

Dragic, Wade, Bosh, Whiteside on the team and they're the 8th seed?

What the hell is going on?

SpaceJam
01-24-2016, 06:16 AM
Equal 5th seed

G-train
01-24-2016, 07:14 AM

Why do you think they are terrible?

miggyme1
01-24-2016, 07:22 AM

terrible?? they are in the playoffs and still in runnings to get at least the 3 seed. they will be fine. just having a tough stretch.

Quickening
01-24-2016, 07:33 AM
No Lebron

Marchesk
01-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Depends on what the definition of is is.

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2016, 07:44 AM
They don't have anyone that commands double teams, nor someone who can create their own shot. Wade can fit these bills but he's gotten older, plays less and isn't as good as he used to be

The defense is solid, but they don't really have the offensive weapon to drastically shift and rotate defenses

Dresta
01-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Dragic and Udrih being injured at the same time has really sucked. Wade hasn't got the legs to take pg duties all game any more (nor does he play more than 30 mpg), and no one else can run the offense remotely competently.

Having a bunch of injuries coincide with the most difficult part of the schedule = losing streak. Hope they can get healthy and turn it around, but glad i haven't been watching much the last couple weeks tbh.

VengefulAngel
01-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Erik Spoelstra and injuries.

pastis
01-24-2016, 08:31 AM
1. they will probably still end top 4 tough.

2. wade cant play at his max atm. wade played great if he was 100 % healthy. that isnt the case right now

Prime_Shaq
01-24-2016, 08:34 AM
I just think they're incredibly inconsistent

Taller than CP3
01-24-2016, 09:30 AM
They're purposely aiming for the 8th seed so they can eliminate Lebron in the First Round.

keep-itreal
01-24-2016, 09:41 AM
They're purposely aiming for the 8th seed so they can eliminate Lebron in the First Round.
:lebronamazed:

beastee
01-24-2016, 11:37 AM
They also had the easiest first half schedule and the most home games.

They are in trouble. I think Dragic hasn't been what they paid for and Wade isn't a superstar anymore so they are just a solid team that can potentially knock out a good team in the playoffs.

sammichoffate
01-24-2016, 12:18 PM
They're purposely aiming for the 8th seed so they can eliminate Lebron in the First Round.:oldlol:

tmacattack33
01-24-2016, 12:49 PM
1. they will probably still end top 4 tough.

2. wade cant play at his max atm. wade played great if he was 100 % healthy. that isnt the case right now

It always baffles me when people talk about players like Wade with the phrase "if we was 100% healthy". Wade hasn't been 100% healthy for more than 2 months in a row since around 2011.

Therefore, it is a part of who he is now as a player, and you shouldn't be expecting him to be 100% healthy. You'll be sitting around waiting for something that will likely never happen again for more than a 3 week period.

Crimsonrain777
01-24-2016, 02:29 PM
the team is mostly a 34 years old Wade, he cant dominate games the way he used too and i don't expect that out of him anymore.If his jumpshot isnt falling it's not that hard to contain him, really. it's like when people think of Wade, they only recognize his name and expect him to play the way he was when he still was a superstar but dont consider the fact that he's a year or two from retirement. Bosh, who still plays good but some days he's just off and Goran Dragic, i think he's a good player but he has shit defense and him and Wade havent found a way yet to coexist. Whiteside is good but he has terrible bball iq and aside from his blocking and rebounds, his defense isn't all that spectacular. Winslow's offense is terrible but he might eventually develop a 3- point shot. After that, the team might as well be a bunch of d-leaguer's

SwishSquared
01-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Injuries and declining performance from key players is the reason. They had a really favorable schedule, and as they get into a road-heavy portion of the year they have too many injuries to cope with the tougher opponents.

I imagine they'll trend upward towards the end of the year, but it's a real possibility that they miss the playoffs again if they don't stay healthy.

Gileraracer
01-24-2016, 03:05 PM
terrible?? they are in the playoffs and still in runnings to get at least the 3 seed. they will be fine. just having a tough stretch.

Thanks weak east :applause:

aj1987
01-24-2016, 03:09 PM
The best player on the team is a 34 year old injury prone Wade. Whiteside has been average at best defensively. Winslow showed promise early on, but is a non factor on offense. ZERO 3pt shooting. The whole team is inconsistent AF and to boot, we have a retard coaching the team. Not to mention Riley, who's being a complete moron. Dude is still stuck in the '90's.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-24-2016, 03:12 PM
Their offense is mad inconsistent. There are literally games where it takes them 18+ seconds just to get into their set:lol :lol they do alot of weird and pointless sht on offense, random handoffs, postups that dont lead anywhere and have to get it back out, screens and player movement that dont end up anywhere. Its like they have this idea to play offense like the Spurs or GS but they fail miserably at it:lol :lol

aj1987
01-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Their offense is mad inconsistent. There are literally games where it takes them 18+ seconds just to get into their set:lol :lol they do alot of weird and pointless sht on offense, random handoffs, postups that dont lead anywhere and have to get it back out, screens and player movement that dont end up anywhere. Its like they have this idea to play offense like the Spurs or GS but they fail miserably at it:lol :lol
Lack of 3pt shooting. We do not have a SINGLE elite 3pt shooter. The best we have is Green and dude is a mediocre 3pt shooter at best.

KiiiiNG
01-24-2016, 03:31 PM
No Lebron
Yep.

Garbage team and franchise without the King.

I hope they make the playoffs and play the Cavs so LeBron can sweep those ****ing perennial losers. :lol

Mass Debator
01-24-2016, 03:37 PM
No consistent shooters + Spo

SouBeachTalents
01-24-2016, 03:52 PM
Yep.

Garbage team and franchise without the King.

I hope they make the playoffs and play the Cavs so LeBron can sweep those ****ing perennial losers. :lol

Heat without LeBron: 1 title
Cavs with LeBron: 0 titles

HoopSuperstar
01-24-2016, 04:10 PM
They got three quality players since Lebron James departed, but if you want one simple answer it would be Dwyane Wade.

last 6 games. (I know he missed half of them, 2 to be exact ) But that's just part of the point.
1. 22pts
2. 0 pts
3. 2 pts
4. 22pts
5. 0 pts
6. 16 pts.

Heat can't rely on him anymore.

KiiiiNG
01-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Heat without LeBron: 1 title
Cavs with LeBron: 0 titles
LeBron won twice as many titles in his 4 years in Miami than they had their entire history

Once LeBron wins in Cleveland he'll be the GOAT who carried two shitty franchises to the promised land. Giving a franchise their first ever championship. Let's go!

Spurs m8
01-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Don't understand why people would think they're gonna be good...

D Wade is junk
Bosh is eh
Dragic is eh
Whiteside is eh

Weak ass team

Duderonomy
01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they miss the playoffs, Washington has more talent and Boston plays harder. Detroit owned them also.

Spurs m8
01-24-2016, 05:31 PM
John Walls too busy whacking off in the mirror tho

ArbitraryWater
01-24-2016, 05:42 PM

:oldlol:

alpha as fk

Wade's Rings
01-24-2016, 06:17 PM
The Heat have been dealing with injuries in their toughest stretch of the Season. They also can't shoot the 3 well and Spo has blown a couple games and is still a bad coach.

Wade's Rings
01-24-2016, 06:20 PM
It always baffles me when people talk about players like Wade with the phrase "if we was 100% healthy". Wade hasn't been 100% healthy for more than 2 months in a row since around 2011.

Therefore, it is a part of who he is now as a player, and you shouldn't be expecting him to be 100% healthy. You'll be sitting around waiting for something that will likely never happen again for more than a 3 week period.

Wade before the Jan 9th Game vs the Jazz had only missed 1 Game and it wasn't due to injury. He was healthy this Season until the last 2 Weeks, and if he returns to just what he was doing 2 week prior we could improve.