PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Star Game (Roster Selection Process)

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
01-24-2016, 07:16 AM
The Roster selection is seriously flawed in my opinion. I mean the selection process has always been somewhat flawed but recently it just seems to be getting much more worse. And what's the deal with changing it from specific positions being voted in to it being "3 front-court players and 2 guards"? Is it because a players specific position he plays is unimportant or is it to benefit certain players the National Basketball Association League Office Executives want to see playing in the game?

The All-Star Game used to mean something... Now it's a complete joke. They're not even that much entertaining anymore.

dhsilv
01-24-2016, 11:32 AM
The Roster selection is seriously flawed in my opinion. I mean the selection process has always been somewhat flawed but recently it just seems to be getting much more worse. And what's the deal with changing it from specific positions being voted in to it being "3 front-court players and 2 guards"? Is it because a players specific position he plays is unimportant or is it to benefit certain players the National Basketball Association League Office Executives want to see playing in the game?

The All-Star Game used to mean something... Now it's a complete joke. They're not even that much entertaining anymore.

For a LONG time it was two guards, two forwards, and a center. Or at least functionally it was and that was only on the retard...I mean fan vote. The center spot honestly really doesn't make sense especially today. Players don't really fall into those traditional roles and haven't for a long time.

as for the game, it never mattered and was always a joke.

yeaaaman
01-24-2016, 11:35 AM
For a LONG time it was two guards, two forwards, and a center. Or at least functionally it was and that was only on the retard...I mean fan vote. The center spot honestly really doesn't make sense especially today. Players don't really fall into those traditional roles and haven't for a long time.

as for the game, it never mattered and was always a joke.

Especially in the past years where there's been a real lack of strong play at centre I think they just scrapped it to avoid more deserving players getting left off for the likes of Brook Lopez or JV.

Pushxx
01-24-2016, 12:15 PM
Keeping the popular vote is all that matters. It's a game for the fans. If they wanna see Allen Iverson, let them vote Iverson.

That's the point. People feel like if they don't vote the perfect best 5 players per conference it's a crime against humanity. Even the All-NBA allocations are fluff.

Fallen Angel
01-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Fat Voting should be discontinued. I'd rather let the media decide who becomes a starter than some Beiber fans.