PDA

View Full Version : lasik surgery

Andrew Wiggins
01-25-2016, 01:09 AM
has anyone here had it done?

i had done last week...already feeling like on of the best decisions i've ever made after wearing contacts/glasses for nearly 20 years

iamgine
01-25-2016, 01:48 AM
Been wearing glasses for 22+ years with -7 prescription. Always been thinking about Lasik. What makes it the best decision you've ever made?

Cocaine80s
01-25-2016, 02:06 AM
I wanna do it but the doctor said to wait until at least early 20s

What does it feel like? I would be shitting bricks right before surgery, I chose to get put to sleep for wisdom teeth removal lol

fiddy
01-25-2016, 02:08 AM
what about eye drops? Do you have to use them regularly after getting the surgery?

4 Inches
01-25-2016, 03:19 AM
inb4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwHydEgzAA

Pushxx
01-25-2016, 04:22 AM
I had PRK which is a painful, but doesn't have a flap so less long-term complications possible. Not to mention PRK yields a couple percentage points better vision.

Definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. Changed my life. Made my job better, women, basketball, hobbies...everything.

Cocaine80s
01-25-2016, 05:13 AM
I had PRK which is a painful, but doesn't have a flap so less long-term complications possible. Not to mention PRK yields a couple percentage points better vision.

Definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. Changed my life. Made my job better, women, basketball, hobbies...everything.
Can you explain what the pain felt like?

Pushxx
01-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Can you explain what the pain felt like?

First 2 days were ****ing hell. I had no pain medication. Couldn't see shit for about a week. My eyes just...hurt. Like stinging. Discomfort is the best word. Just really uncomfortable. My brother stayed over a couple days to chill with me. I was just listening to TV and him playing video games.

It was bad, but soon after I had 20/10 vision without even 1% of a downside.

Worth it. I doubt it gets worse than that, but usually I'm immune to pain so I dunno. If you want me to get into detail, we can talk on Skype, and I'll tell you about my full experience. Life changing.

Cocaine80s
01-25-2016, 05:54 AM
First 2 days were ****ing hell. I had no pain medication. Couldn't see shit for about a week. My eyes just...hurt. Like stinging. Discomfort is the best word. Just really uncomfortable. My brother stayed over a couple days to chill with me. I was just listening to TV and him playing video games.

It was bad, but soon after I had 20/10 vision without even 1% of a downside.

Worth it. I doubt it gets worse than that, but usually I'm immune to pain so I dunno. If you want me to get into detail, we can talk on Skype, and I'll tell you about my full experience. Life changing.
Was the actual surgery painless though?

Pushxx
01-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Was the actual surgery painless though?

Yeah. The surgery was the easy part. Nerve-wracking because of uncertainty and doubts, but it's actually comfortable.

Keep in mind I had PRK not LASIK. LASIK is similarly easy surgery and there is almost no period of recovery and/or possible discomfort/pain.

I chose PRK because I figured the chance of discomfort/pain was worth the 1-5% better results and not having a flap.

Andrei89
01-25-2016, 10:59 PM
has anyone here had it done?

i had done last week...already feeling like on of the best decisions i've ever made after wearing contacts/glasses for nearly 20 years

Did it 6 years ago. However, my sight is getting less again. Hopefully they do good on the "15 year" insurance they gave me.

CavaliersFTW
01-26-2016, 12:07 AM
inb4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwHydEgzAA
(Warning, do not click if sensitive eyes, also NSFW) https://youtu.be/w0bAsFEScqE?t=2m44s

The_Yearning
01-26-2016, 12:22 AM

Um no. People with PRK have bad vision at night.

Andrew Wiggins
01-26-2016, 04:04 PM
what about eye drops? Do you have to use them regularly after getting the surgery?

yes, for a few weeks you have to use steroid and antibiotic drops several times a day and moisturizing drops for about 2 months

I wanna do it but the doctor said to wait until at least early 20s

What does it feel like? I would be shitting bricks right before surgery, I chose to get put to sleep for wisdom teeth removal lol

the specific procedure i had was called femto lasik and it was completely painless and over in 10 minutes. you feel a lot of pressure but no pain. they use numbing drops. i could see immediately after surgery and the only restriction was to avoid computer and cell phone use for a day and avoid getting water in my eyes for 3 days

Pushxx
01-27-2016, 03:07 AM
Um no. People with PRK have bad vision at night.

I don't have links cause it's been years since I did it, but I remember on average the chances of minor and catastrophic side effects was very very slightly lower with PRK over LASIK. It shouldn't be a serious consideration.

Honestly everyone should get LASIK unless they are **** like me and don't mind the recovery or if they have a hobby/career where the flap is a factor.

fiddy
01-27-2016, 04:57 AM
yes, for a few weeks you have to use steroid and antibiotic drops several times a day and moisturizing drops for about 2 months

And thats it? Because some dude told me, that you once get lasik you're basically married to eye drops for life.

Jasi
01-27-2016, 06:03 AM
I've been wearing glasses for 25+ years now and of course I have been considering the possibility.
Even had a check to understand if my type of myopia/eyes/evolution allowed it, and it does.

However, I've been hearing too many bad stories about it.
I've also heard as many enthusiastic stories and some people very eager in advocating it.

I am very undecided.
On the + side:
. I am aware that that my quality of life would improve dramatically.
. the doc that checked my eyes said it would be particularly easy for me.

On the - side:
. since I am so used to wearing glasses (and contacts when needed), my perception of the actual quality of life improvement is limited.
. all the bad stories I've heard scare me regardless of the good ones. I feel like the technology is generally safe, but the practice in general not mature enough yet. I'd feel like one of those dudes undergoing some type of "innovative" surgery in the '800, and hundreds years from then are looked at like fools.

alenleomessi
01-27-2016, 06:26 AM
And thats it? Because some dude told me, that you once get lasik you're basically married to eye drops for life.
thats probably true in bulgaria

fiddy
01-27-2016, 06:33 AM
thats probably true in bulgaria
Shut up and suck an albanian diсk

alenleomessi
01-27-2016, 07:22 AM
Shut up and suck an albanian diсk
i would say go suck your landlord's gypsy dick but you already did that this morning so never mind

Im Still Ballin
01-27-2016, 07:23 AM
This is quality Euro banter!

fiddy
01-27-2016, 07:38 AM
i would say go suck your landlord's gypsy dick but you already did that this morning so never mind
This is not Macedonia (a province of Kosovo), you can keep those манаф traditions to you

Lebron23
05-03-2020, 06:19 AM
I was schedule to have a lasik surgery this coming June, but due to Covid19 it's reschedule in December.

Smoke117
05-03-2020, 06:29 AM
I've been thinking about having it done. I've been wearing contacts since I was in hs...and my doctor has basically said my eyes aren't going to get worse at this point so I should look into corrective surgery. I guess I'm just worried about someone ****ing with my eyes that way. As it stands sticking some plastic contacts into my eyes is okay. Frankly, I wear them way more than you are supposed to, as my optometrist says, but my eyes are okay. I suppose it would save money for the long term to get the surgery, but I'm wary about it.

Axe
05-03-2020, 07:55 AM
I'm interested as well but not soon most likely. And it's sad, considering I'm not even 30 y.o. yet.

Pushxx
05-04-2020, 01:36 PM
Just get LASIK it's so easy and worth the money. Don't think twice. Find a damn good doctor (not a cheap one) and get the ****ing thing done