PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's conditioning.

VengefulAngel
01-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Lebron's athleticism has clearly declined over the last few years but so has his endurance. Do you think that if Lebron starts to get into better basketball shape his jumper will improve, it seems at the moment he gets very little legs in his shot as a result of this his shots are often short. Plus he'll be able to more consistently be a OMFB (One man fast break) leading to easier shots for him.

Lebronxrings
01-25-2016, 01:33 PM
im not too concerned over lebrons jumper, hes on a bad streak and is pretty fatigued. Think Lue should rest him a few games for a fresh bron in the playoffs.

VengefulAngel
01-25-2016, 01:39 PM
im not too concerned over lebrons jumper, hes on a bad streak and is pretty fatigued. Think Lue should rest him a few games for a fresh bron in the playoffs.

They have looked absolutely atrocious without Lebron, I think they need to guarantee they get the first seed in the east and then start resting him.

Straight_Ballin
01-25-2016, 01:41 PM

You are not concerned by it because it's the perfect excuse to have in your back pocket when he goes 2/7.

"Oh... well the Cavs lost because Tyronn Lue put them into a new, faster pace system which Bron wasn't prepared for. That's why he shot bad because he was so fatigued. Next year will be different because now Lebron is used to Tyronn's game plan! 2/7 don't even bother me!"

Excuses... not enough help.... acclimating to Tyronn....east is too weak of a conference....

what will it be next?

RepMe
01-25-2016, 01:55 PM
He needs to thin down to increase stamina and longevity.

Indian guy
01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Lebron's athleticism has clearly declined over the last few years

It's amazing how age completely dominates people's perception of one's athleticism. LeBron is a better athlete today than he was 4-5 years ago. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say 2015 LeBron(post-2 week break) was his most athletic post-Decision version. Even his stamina is absolutely fine; it was more so an issue in Miami around 2014. He clearly worked his ass off last summer and came in supreme condition. He's easily having his best 2-way season since 2013. He better make an All Defensive Team this year.

LeBron's only real issue, and it's a significant one, is his godawful jump shot. That's where all his problems, when he has them, stem from. You cannot be a perimeter player in this league, and LeBron almost exclusively plays the 3 as a Cavalier, and afford to be a poor shooter. He needs to solve that if Cleveland's gonna have a prayer against SA/GS.

dubnation
01-25-2016, 02:21 PM
It's amazing how age completely dominates people's perception of one's athleticism. LeBron is a better athlete today than he was 4-5 years ago. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say 2015 LeBron(post-2 week break) was his most athletic post-Decision version. Even his stamina is absolutely fine; it was more so an issue in Miami around 2014. He clearly worked his ass off last summer and came in supreme condition. He's easily having his best 2-way season since 2013. He better make an All Defensive Team this year.

LeBron's only real issue, and it's a significant one, is his godawful jump shot. That's where all his problems, when he has them, stem from. You cannot be a perimeter player in this league, and LeBron almost exclusively plays the 3 as a Cavalier, and afford to be a poor shooter. He needs to solve that if Cleveland's gonna have a prayer against SA/GS.

I think you need to re-watch some Lebron highlights circa 2011-2013. He was clearly more athletic than he is now, and his endurance was far better too.

That said, he looks great this year (better than last year). I don't know what to make of his broken jumpshot. He looks off balance, and most of his shots are short... I'm not sure if that's because his form is broken, because he's out of shape, or because he's got old legs. But he better figure it out because the issue will only be exacerbated in the playoffs.

VengefulAngel
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
I think you need to re-watch some Lebron highlights circa 2011-2013. He was clearly more athletic than he is now, and his endurance was far better too.

That said, he looks great this year (better than last year). I don't know what to make of his broken jumpshot. He looks off balance, and most of his shots are short... I'm not sure if that's because his form is broken, because he's out of shape, or because he's got old legs. But he better figure it out because the issue will only be exacerbated in the playoffs.

Great post, i'm not sure, his form looks ok, Lebron's form has always differed from the conventional NBA player, but he definitely doesn't get the same lift and trajectory he got in Miami as you said this could be a variety of things. Let's hope he fixes it so we can at least have an entertaining NBA finals.

miggyme1
01-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Great post, i'm not sure, his form looks ok, Lebron's form has always differed form the conventional NBA player, but he definitely doesn't get the same lift and trajectory he got in Miami as you said this could be a variety of things. Let's hope he fixes it so we can at least have an entertaining NBA finals.

who said the cavs were making the finals?

VengefulAngel
01-25-2016, 02:38 PM

Ban bet?

Dr Hawk
01-25-2016, 02:44 PM

This is not a bad streak. His jumper has been awful for 2 years already

RepMe
01-25-2016, 02:45 PM
They probably will, but then will lose badly at that time.

BarberSchool
01-25-2016, 03:16 PM
He needs to thin down to increase stamina and longevity.This is the perfect excuse for him losing muscle mass as his liver begins to erode and heart enlarges from PED's. His inner organ health, and skin collagen levels are not that of a thirty year old african american man.

His collagen levels are that of a 45-49yr old white man. Due to anabolics.

ImKobe
01-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Just needs a lil 2 week vacation in Miami during the season :kobe:

Gileraracer
01-25-2016, 03:26 PM
He needs a some HGH holidays in Miami to get fresh again

RepMe
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM
This is the perfect excuse for him losing muscle mass as his liver begins to erode and heart enlarges from PED's. His inner organ health, and skin collagen levels are not that of a thirty year old african american man.

His collagen levels are that of a 45-49yr old white man. Due to anabolics.
Did you learn that at barber school?

Fallen Angel
01-25-2016, 03:49 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/b28c677cbeb275ad695315b590440ca9.png

Basically means he doesn't want to play with Love at PF

RepMe
01-25-2016, 03:51 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/b28c677cbeb275ad695315b590440ca9.png

Basically means he doesn't want to play with Love at PF
Love at center would be hilarious.

34-24 Footwork
01-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Love at center would be hilarious.

Well...lebrons apg would increase while the cavaliers get pummeled by 20 points on a regular basis.

Love becomes the scapegoat
Bron looks more "unselfish"

Bron asks for more help

Dr Hawk
01-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Well...lebrons apg would increase while the cavaliers get pummeled by 20 points on a regular basis.

Love becomes the scapegoat
Bron looks more "unselfish"

Bron asks for more help

http://www.busted.com/img/logo.png

Soundwave
01-25-2016, 07:35 PM
He's 31 ... slowing down at that age is natural. He's not young anymore.

Every year from here on out you will see a pronounced drop in athletic explosion.

buddha
01-25-2016, 07:48 PM
He needs a some HGH holidays in Miami to get fresh again

this

it's not like LeBron stopped working out.