PDA

View Full Version : Is Steph Curry better than Kobe ever was?

Smook B
01-26-2016, 01:31 AM
He makes it look so easy. :applause:

Mr. Jabbar
01-26-2016, 01:32 AM
Kobe/Curry family stays strong, we win! OP loses!

what a time!

Bankaii
01-26-2016, 01:33 AM
Yes.

Milbuck
01-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Current Steph is better than anyone ever was.

Bankaii
01-26-2016, 01:35 AM
No.

Smook B
01-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Yes.

:applause:

LoneyROY7
01-26-2016, 01:36 AM

This.

Ca$H
01-26-2016, 01:40 AM
As a Kobe and Curry stan I say yes. Curry will finish as a top 3 GOAT. MJ and KAJ will be hard to surpass but everyone else can be passed easily. Curry just needs to stay healthy and maintain this peak for 5 seasons.

NBASTATMAN
01-26-2016, 01:42 AM
Easily better than Kobe... Dude shoots a better percentage from 30ft than kOBE shot his entire career... :roll:

Norcaliblunt
01-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Yes Curry is better than Kobe. **** all you Kobe stans trying to jump on the Curry wagon. This is Nor Cal bitch!

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Are you serious right now?

Current Curry is playing better offense than Peak MJ, forget Kobe lol.

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 01:45 AM
This is why I don't chat with dudes here. I wouldn't entertain a basketball conversation with guys in their early 20s and younger which is what most of you little girls here are.

Curry has been playing amazing ball but the guy haven't even been given the benefit to show longevity and idiots are eating up the hype and already overrating the dude. This is why there's such a drop off if said player fails to last.

And no. Current Curry is not better than Kobe ever was. Some of you were what? Younger than 10 when Kobe was doing his thing? Get the fu*k outta here.

That's all I have to say. I can't take you kids serious.

DonDadda59
01-26-2016, 01:46 AM
Every time a player has a good stretch/season. Without fail. :oldlol:

Poor KD, he's no longer the GOAT scorer like people proclaimed him to be a couple of seasons ago.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308453

Nigguhs got extremely short attention spans on this site.

Jameerthefear
01-26-2016, 01:50 AM
I've literally been saying this for weeks

Smook A.
01-26-2016, 01:51 AM
This season's Curry is having one of the GOAT offensive seasons. 30 ppg on 51% shooting (45% from 3). That is ****ing nuts. Inhuman mofo

tmacattack33
This is why I don't chat with dudes here. I wouldn't entertain a basketball conversation with guys in their early 20s and younger which is what most of you little girls here are.

Curry has been playing amazing ball but the guy haven't even been given the benefit to show longevity and idiots are eating up the hype and already overrating the dude. This is why there's such a drop off if said player fails to last.

And no. Current Curry is not better than Kobe ever was. Some of you were what? Younger than 10 when Kobe was doing his thing? Get the fu*k outta here.

:facepalm

Forget about longevity.

We're talking peak play.

plowking

Why isn't current/this season Curry better than Kobe ever was?

He is a better scorer, shooter from everywhere on the floor and passer.
Currently he is the most efficient scorer ever at his position, and possibly at any position. He puts up nearly a point a minute while sitting out 4th quarters where teams usually get the ball to their main scorer even more...

He does what Kobe is best at, scoring, better than Kobe.
Ridiculous shot maker? Kobe was great at that. Curry is even better.
Efficient? Never really that great for Kobe? Curry? Out of this world.

nba_55
yes

Xiengqichess
01-26-2016, 01:52 AM
Did you guys watch Kobe played!?
Here is some:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SpWAyV-S7P0

juju151111

Poor KD, he's no longer the GOAT scorer like people proclaimed him to be a couple of seasons ago.

Durant fizzled out come playoffs. Curry been doing this since last season and i doubt Curry slows down like Durant did because he playing way less mins and still producing the same. He getting rest.

plowking
This season's Curry is having one of the GOAT offensive seasons. 30 ppg on 51% shooting (45% from 3). That is ****ing nuts. Inhuman mofo

Isn't even so much the 3 point percentage more so than the percentage combined with the amount of attempts from that range. 11 threes a game and you are shooting better than Kobe's career average from there? :oldlol:

JT123
01-26-2016, 01:54 AM

What. A. Meltdown

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 01:54 AM
Why isn't current/this season Curry better than Kobe ever was?

He is a better scorer, shooter from everywhere on the floor and passer.
Currently he is the most efficient scorer ever at his position, and possibly at any position. He puts up nearly a point a minute while sitting out 4th quarters where teams usually get the ball to their main scorer even more...

He does what Kobe is best at, scoring, better than Kobe.
Ridiculous shot maker? Kobe was great at that. Curry is even better.
Efficient? Never really that great for Kobe? Curry? Out of this world.

"Oh the horror" sounds like he is withholding judgement on Curry until he can get more accolades and more all-nba teams and MVPs under his belt.

Which really just means he is too scared to go out on a limb and make his own judgement. He's gonna have to wait until Steph has 3 MVPS and 3 rings and all the experts have him on their GOAT lists.

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 01:55 AM

Preach.

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 01:56 AM
What. A. Meltdown

Is what you kids say when you get your shit pushed in. I get it junior. I get it.

ArbitraryWater
01-26-2016, 01:57 AM
Preach.

Old man yells at sky

DonDadda59
Durant fizzled out come playoffs.

And Curry was shut down for long stretches by Matthew Dellavadova and lost Finals MVP to a bench player on his own squad. :lol

But people tend to get carried away and lose any perspective.

Even the "professionals" (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070326) :facepalm

NBASTATMAN
Isn't even so much the 3 point percentage more so than the percentage combined with the amount of attempts from that range. 11 threes a game and you are shooting better than Kobe's career average from there? :oldlol:

DUDE CURRY SHOOTS A BETTER PERCENTAGE FROM 30FT THAN KOBE DID HIS ENTIRE CAREER.. MYGOODNESS

SuperPippen
01-26-2016, 01:58 AM
The fact that this has become a debate is, in and of itself, remarkable. It's a loaded question and I'm not sure if there's a definitive answer at this point.

Although I do honestly think that if Curry were saddled with atrocious teammates, he would be able to match, and probably exceed Kobe's gaudy '06 numbers. Is there anyone who disagrees?

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Here is some highlight

https://youtube.com/results?q=kobe%2065%20vs%20portland&sm=1

Great. Now go back to his game logs for 2006 and see how for every 50 point game, he had just as many 8-28 games for 19 total points.

Curry's worst games in terms of efficiency right now are as good as Kobe's best from 2006. And that's not an exaggeration.

plowking
"Oh the horror" sounds like he is withholding judgement on Curry until he can get more accolades and more all-nba teams and MVPs under his belt.

Which really just means he is too scared to go out on a limb and make his own judgement. He's gonna have to wait until Steph has 3 MVPS and 3 rings and all the experts have him on their GOAT lists.

Pretty much.

Durant may have not done much since his amazing season, but it is still undoubtably for me one of the best 15 seasons ever.
Same as Kobe in 06 was amazing. Same as Bron in 09 and 13, and Wade in 09. You can spot an amazing season when you see one.

This one in particular is on that level and more. You could put anyone on the court with him, ever, and more than likely, he'll end up coming out the best player on the court this year. He has been that good.

oh the horror
:facepalm

Forget about longevity.

We're talking peak play.

Even at their peak I'm not even sure. Curry benefits a LOTTTT from his squad dude. I've yet to see him in a situation where defenses can collapse on him because you have literally a team of capable players and shooters and great passers as well. I mean they've sustained injuries and haven't even skipped a beat. So I'm not entirely sold on peak/peak. Imagine if you double and triple teamed Curry? Christ, Delly was giving him fits in the last finals. Come on

plowking
01-26-2016, 02:00 AM
Old man yells at sky

:oldlol:

LoneyROY7
In Kobe's best scoring season, he shot 45.0 percent from the field.

After tonight, Curry's shooting 45.6 percent from 3. :oldlol:

fragokota
He's a lot better.

ArbitraryWater
And Curry was shut down for long stretches by Matthew Dellavadova and lost Finals MVP to a bench player on his own squad. :lol

Even the "professionals" (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070326) :facepalm

How long was that? A one game stretch, as in game 2?

And yet, he was better than Kobe in any finals series outside of 2002... in his first try.

I dunno, odds looking good like he'll come up with more better ones :lol

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM

You mean 1 and a half game. Thats not shutting somebody down. Finals mvp voting was a joke. Curry played great last postseason bro idk what your talking about. Also i doubt Delly shut him down. He just missed for a game and 2 Q.

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM

Apparently they already forgot where they were making threads and posts asking if Delly was "exposing" Curry in the finals

And on single coverage too. How is this thread even a thing right now?

LoneyROY7
01-26-2016, 02:03 AM
Apparently they already forgot where they were making threads and posts asking if Delly was "exposing" Curry in the finals

And on single coverage too. How is this thread even a thing right now?

You're talking about 1 game in last year's Finals, while Curry is currently averaging 30/7/5 on 70 percent TS and on pace for the greatest offensive season ever.

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 02:03 AM
The fact that this has become a debate is, in and of itself, remarkable. It's a loaded question and I'm not sure if there's a definitive answer at this point.

Although I do honestly think that if Curry were saddled with atrocious teammates, he would be able to match, and probably exceed Kobe's gaudy '06 numbers. Is there anyone who disagrees?

Curry, right now, with amazing teammates who want the ball themselves, is averaging 30 ppg and has not played in fourteen 4th quarters. This projects to 33 ppg.

So....yes...he is basically already doing that.

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Even at their peak I'm not even sure. Curry benefits a LOTTTT from his squad dude. I've yet to see him in a situation where defenses can collapse on him because you have literally a team of capable players and shooters and great passers as well. I mean they've sustained injuries and haven't even skipped a beat. So I'm not entirely sold on peak/peak. Imagine if you double and triple teamed Curry? Christ, Delly was giving him fits in the last finals. Come on
He missed shots for a game and 2 Q. Delly wasn't giving anyone fots. He has destroyed Delly two times this season already. Delly has no effect on Curry. Curry has been improving since 13 before Kerr installed his ball movement heavy system. He already broke the record before twice for 3. He actually broke it when Green was a rookie and barley played. Led thrm to the 2nd round in 13 and beat the spurs 2 times.

DonDadda59
How long was that? A one game stretch, as in game 2?

And yet, he was better than Kobe in any finals series outside of 2002... in his first try.

I dunno, odds looking good like he'll come up with more better ones :lol

I know about Bean's shitty games/finals/etc more than any poster here, believe me. But if Beans was getting shut down in the finals, it was by a Tayshaun Prince, not Corliss Williamson. And when he was losing Finals MVP it was to Shaq, not Devean George. :roll:

plowking

This forum is full of weak arguments. This being the best of the lot. Acting as if great players don't get doubled. Dumb ass talk that isn't true.

lol at Delly giving him fits. Old man here buying into narratives more so than actual play. Outside of his terrible game 2, Curry put up 28/6/5 on 49/47/87... lol. Even with it he was at 26/6/5 44/39/89.

Al Thornton
01-26-2016, 02:06 AM

longevity isn't necessary if you're just comparing one peak season from each. if u want to deny that this curry season is better than any kobe season u are the one who can't be taken seriously at all.

24-Inch_Chrome
So far, yes. Wait until the end of the season to crown him though.

oh the horror
You're talking about 1 game in last year's Finals, while Curry is currently averaging 31/7/5 on 70 percent TS and on pace for the greatest offensive season ever.

oh I see. Now we're going to change the entire narrative now that we've seen how that matchup turned out. It was more than "one game" fellas :oldlol:

But okay. There is some straight up ADD around these parts.

Nick Young
01-26-2016, 02:07 AM
No and only because Kobe was an elite defender AND elite offensive player in his prime. It pains me to say this, but Curry is the better offensive player than Mamba.

Defensively Mamba has the advantage.

Mamba is overall a better player, until Curry learns to play defense.

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 02:08 AM

So much of what Curry does if off the ball...how are you going to triple team him when he's zig zagging across the court through screens?

Yes, Delledova was playing him great last year in the Finals....And he still posted up better Finals numbers than Kobe ever has I believe.

And Curry has definitely improved over the summer. Looks quicker. Better handles. Longer range on his shot, which doesn't even make sense since he already was the GOAT shooter.

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:08 AM
oh I see. Now we're going to change the entire narrative now that we've seen how that matchup turned out. It was more than "one game" fellas :oldlol:

It was one game and a half thats it. Every star player had bad shooting games including Mj in the playoffs.

plowking
01-26-2016, 02:09 AM
I know about Bean's shitty games/finals/etc more than any poster here, believe me. But if Beans was getting shut down in the finals, it was by a Tayshaun Prince, not Corliss Williamson. And when he was losing Finals MVP it was to Shaq, not Devean George. :roll:

You act as if there was any merit or worth in that decision. Anyone with a brain knew Curry was the best player. Iggy making open shots with no one guarding him (and I mean that seriously, go rewatch) and playing some defense isn't what changed the series.
Bron's shooting % in the first 3 games where they went 2-1, compared to the last 3 games where they went 0-3 only changed by 1%. What changed was Curry started playing better.

Cold soul
01-26-2016, 02:11 AM
Nope Curry isn't as good as peak Kobe but he is getting closer and closing the gap for his amazing season this year. Kobe however was elite defensive player while Curry is not. Curry offensively is right there with Kobe best years.

LoneyROY7
01-26-2016, 02:12 AM

NEWSFLASH: Curry elevated his game to unprecedented heights THIS SEASON.

Yet, you're over here trying to deflect about a game or two 9 months ago. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
You act as if there was any merit or worth in that decision. Anyone with a brain knew Curry was the best player. Iggy making open shots with no one guarding him (and I mean that seriously, go rewatch) and playing some defense isn't what changed the series.
Bron's shooting % in the first 3 games where they went 2-1, compared to the last 3 games where they went 0-3 only changed by 1%. What changed was Curry started playing better.

That's fantastic. Really. Fascinating stuff.

0 votes for finals MVP though.

A dude coming off the bench was deemed more valuable for the series.

Even during Bean's 6-24 meltdown, I don't remember Lamar Odom walking away with the MVP trophy at the end of the game.

24-Inch_Chrome
Nope Curry isn't as good as peak Kobe but he is getting closer and closing the gap for his amazing season this year. Kobe however was elite defensive player while Curry is not. Curry offensively is right there with Kobe best years.
Curry isn't right there with Kobe's best offensive years, he's significantly past them. Curry's offensive impact is greater than Kobe's ever was and I f*cking hate Curry.

juju151111
Why do you keep saying shut down?So if you shoot bad for 1 game and a half half u got shut down in a series?

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 02:16 AM
Curry isn't right there with Kobe's best offensive years, he's significantly past them. Curry's offensive impact is greater than Kobe's ever was and I f*cking hate Curry.

Damn :roll:

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 02:18 AM

Even during Bean's 6-24 meltdown, I don't remember Lamar Odom walking away with the MVP trophy at the end of the game.

Wtf...what kind of example is this :roll:

Everyone knows Gasol played just as well if not better than Kobe in those Finals.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Damn :roll:
Just being straight up. :lol

I'll probably never like him but he's having an all-time great year.

plowking

And it matters worth a shit.

Curry was the best player. Just because some BS narrative was written for Iggy and he won it undeservedly, doesn't change a thing.

Curry was better than Jordan was in the 96 or 97 finals.
Not to mention he shot a whole 5% better than any Jordan finals performance in his 2nd 3 peat in that series Delly shut him down. :oldlol:

PJR
Lol @ this oh the horror idiot.

The answer is yes. This is greatest scoring stretch from a guard ever. Dude converts a high volume of 3 pointers as if they are layups. He's absolutely ridiculous.

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:23 AM

You acting like the media is always right. Its just votes bro.You can form your own opinion.

DonDadda59
01-26-2016, 02:25 AM
Wtf...what kind of example is this :roll:

Everyone knows Gasol played just as well if not better than Kobe in those Finals.

Yet Beans got at least 1 vote doe. :yaohappy:

But let's see if Steph can keep it going when it counts. I'd like to see him get a vote if his team wins again this year.

You acting like the media is always right. Its just votes bro.You can form your own opinion.

The right man won Finals MVP last year. If it wasn't Dre, it was LeDecision. Steph was the bronze medal equivalent of a Finals MVP.

DonDadda59
01-26-2016, 02:30 AM

Curry was the best player. Just because some BS narrative was written for Iggy and he won it undeservedly, doesn't change a thing.

Not to mention he shot a whole 5% better than any Jordan finals performance in his 2nd 3 peat in that series Delly shut him down. :oldlol:

More proof you fools have absolutely no perspective and just talk out of your ass. Jordan in '97 alone had a buzzer beater to win Game 1 and the Flu game. You can't find another legendary series on that level.

Durant in his losing effort in the finals played better than Stephen 'No votes' Curry.

But like I said, calm the hysteria and let's see what he does when it actually counts. How many players Historically have raised their level of play consistently in the playoffs? Maybe a handful. Maybe.

Thus far, Steph hasn't been one of those players. But again, let's see what happens.

Cold soul
01-26-2016, 02:35 AM

Not actually he isn't people are prisoners of moment this is typical. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if most posters on here are only 10-15 years old most prolly never even saw #8 Kobe play over decade ago.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 02:40 AM
Not actually he isn't people are prisoners of moment this is typical. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if most posters on here are only 10-15 years old most prolly never even saw #8 Kobe play over decade ago.
Stop.

Curry is better offensively right now than Kobe ever was. There is no debate. It's a fact. He's putting up a better per-36 line than Kobe ever did on better percentages than Kobe ever did while being a better ball handler and passer and running the league's best offense. You don't have to be able to see it, everyone else does.

Wade's Rings
More proof you fools have absolutely no perspective and just talk out of your ass. Jordan in '97 alone had a buzzer beater to win Game 1 and the Flu game. You can't find another legendary series on that level.

Durant in his losing effort in the finals played better than Stephen 'No votes' Curry.

But like I said, calm the hysteria and let's see what he does when it actually counts. How many players Historically have raised their level of play consistently in the playoffs? Maybe a handful. Maybe.

Thus far, Steph hasn't been one of those players. But again, let's see what happens.

I agree with this.

Wtf is plowking on? The '97 Finals Jordan put up 32/7/6 with the Buzzer Beater in Game 1, 38/13/9 in Game 2, Flu Game + Game-Winner, and 39 & 11 + Series-Winning Assist to Kerr :oldlol:

oh the horror
Lol @ this oh the horror idiot.

The answer is yes. This is greatest scoring stretch from a guard ever. Dude converts a high volume of 3 pointers as if they are layups. He's absolutely ridiculous.

The greatest scoring stretch for a guard ever? Am I fu*king dreaming right now?

DonDadda59
01-26-2016, 02:42 AM
I agree with this.

Wtf is plowking on? The '97 Finals Jordan put up 32/7/6 with the Buzzer Beater in Game 1, 38/13/9 in Game 2, Flu Game + Game-Winner, and 39 & 11 + Seriea-Winning Assist to Kerr :oldlol:

He lost the Finals MVP that year to Kukoc, right? Didn't get a single vote? :confusedshrug:

Young X
01-26-2016, 02:43 AM

Not to mention he shot a whole 5% better than any Jordan finals performance in his 2nd 3 peat in that series Delly shut him down. :oldlol:No way in hell was Curry's finals series last year better than Jordan's in '97. Come on now. Curry had one great game in that series. Jordan was hitting gamewinners and having legendary performances.

And people keep mentioning his statline and ignoring that he was a turnover machine in that series. He turned the ball over 5 times a game, nearly had more turnovers than assists and he's supposed to be a "PG".

Anyway, it's true that Curry so far has been better than any version of Kobe but there's still another half of the season left to go and the playoffs. How about we wait until the playoffs finish before we starting crowning him like this?

I mean the 2nd half of Wade's 2009 season was insane just like Curry's season so far. Was he the best ever? No, we seen that he couldn't sustain that level of play anywhere past those 40+ games or so.

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Be careful. The stat nerds will come with some ridiculous newly created stat by some sports writer that measures the square circumference of Steph Curry's gravitational pull in his jump shot in relationship to the distance of the moon and its effect on the earth and find that it is exactly .2 percent of a point higher than a prime Jordan and Kobe combined thus CLEARLY indicating he's better at his peak.

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:47 AM
Yet Beans got at least 1 vote doe. :yaohappy:

But let's see if Steph can keep it going when it counts. I'd like to see him get a vote if his team wins again this year.

The right man won Finals MVP last year. If it wasn't Dre, it was LeDecision. Steph was the bronze medal equivalent of a Finals MVP.
Who the best player on the warriors ? None of this matters Fact is Curry averged 28 ppg 60% TS in the playoffs last year

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:47 AM
Wow. Spurs beat the DOG SHIT outta bran in 2014 and made him run back to Cleveland

"Spurs are the best team ever"

Warriors slap the taste out of the Spurs mouth

"Just a regular season win".

:lol :lol :lol

Heavincent
01-26-2016, 02:48 AM
He's the best player since Jordan.

plowking
01-26-2016, 02:48 AM
Be careful. The stat nerds will come with some ridiculous newly created stat by some sports writer that measures the square circumference of Steph Curry's gravitational pull in his jump shot in relationship to the distance of the moon and its effect on the earth and find that it is exactly .2 percent of a point higher than a prime Jordan and Kobe combined thus CLEARLY indicating he's better at his peak.

Booo.

Lame.

Expected from you though.

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:49 AM
Stop.

Curry is better offensively right now than Kobe ever was. There is no debate. It's a fact. He's putting up a better per-36 line than Kobe ever did on better percentages than Kobe ever did while being a better ball handler and passer and running the league's best offense. You don't have to be able to see it, everyone else does.

You are so mad :lol :lol :lol

Kobe spent 8 years taking massive shits on the Spurs with and without Shaq.

The beatdown tonight gave you deja vu.

Wade's Rings
01-26-2016, 02:50 AM
No way in hell was Curry's finals series last year better than Jordan's in '97. Come on now. Curry had one great game in that series. Jordan was hitting gamewinners and having legendary performances.

And people keep mentioning his statline and ignoring that he was a turnover machine in that series. He turned the ball over 5 times a game, nearly had more turnovers than assists and he's supposed to be a "PG".

Anyway, it's true that Curry so far has been better than any version of Kobe but there's still another half of the season left to go and the playoffs. How about we wait until the playoffs finish before we starting crowning him like this?

I mean the 2nd half of Wade's 2009 season was insane just like Curry's season so far. Was he the best ever? No, we seen that he couldn't sustain that level of play anywhere past those 40+ games or so.

34/5/8/2.3/1.2 shooting 51%

:bowdown:

JohnFreeman
Wow. Spurs beat the DOG SHIT outta bran in 2014 and made him run back to Cleveland

"Spurs are the best team ever"

Warriors slap the taste out of the Spurs mouth

"Just a regular season win".

One is the finals and the other is regular season...

juju151111

What are you talking about? Curry averged 28 ppg on 60% TS in the playoffs last year. He was consistent the whole postseason. He never said it was has legendary. He was pointing out a fact.

juju151111
01-26-2016, 02:52 AM
No here is the simple answer. 28 ppg at 60%TS.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 02:52 AM
You are so mad :lol :lol :lol

Kobe spent 8 years taking massive shits on the Spurs with and without Shaq.

The beatdown tonight gave you deja vu.
In what world am I mad? I f*cking hate Curry, I'm not a Spurs fan, and I have zero personal investment in this discussion. D

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:53 AM
Booo.

Lame.

Expected from you though.

Lol. Your post are similar to Lebron's game -

Very few are paying attention...and the ones that are tune in for the sole purpose for you to make an ass out of yourself.

Stick to c0ck ridin Bran. Pretty sure you have some stats to go research :lol :lol

Tell me how Lebron is TRULY the best player in the association this year according to VORP:lol

Heavincent
01-26-2016, 02:53 AM

What the ****? Curry gets trapped ALL THE TIME. I've seen 3 defenders run at him on an inbound for ****'s sake. No player gets more defensive attention that Curry.

Do people even watch the games anymore?

Jameerthefear
01-26-2016, 02:54 AM
there's really no point in arguing with era stans. they straight up give no ground. it doesn't matter what stat you show, the percentages, whatever. they'll just keep saying stupid shit.
it's not even like they're reasonable with shit either it's not "no this player was better imo" it's "NO THIS PLAYER WAS WAY BETTER NOT EVEN CLOSE HANDCHECKING JORDAN RULES BLAH"

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]In what world am I mad? I f*cking hate Curry, I'm not a Spurs fan, and I have zero personal investment in this discussion. D

LoneyROY7
01-26-2016, 02:56 AM
there's really no point in arguing with era stans. they straight up give no ground. it doesn't matter what stat you show, the percentages, whatever. they'll just keep saying stupid shit.
it's not even like they're reasonable with shit either it's not "no this player was better imo" it's "NO THIS PLAYER WAS WAY BETTER NOT EVEN CLOSE HANDCHECKING JORDAN RULES BLAH"

Era. Stans.

http://www.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/timetravel.gif

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:57 AM
What the ****? Curry gets trapped ALL THE TIME. I've seen 3 defenders run at him on an inbound for ****'s sake. No player gets more defensive attention that Curry.

Do people even watch the games anymore?

Difference between Curry and a lot of other great perimeter players is that Curry splits the double team before they can ever get in defensive position to trap....leaving to defenders at the top of the key...usually creating a 4 on 3 or 4 on 2 situation.

Pretty phenomenal.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 02:57 AM
From your quote above, you are CLEARLY emotionally invested :lol
So by addressing nothing and continuing a troll shtick, you're basically admitting that you're shit-posting? Alright.

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 02:58 AM
So many low-key salty people tonight :oldlol:

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 02:58 AM

You're 16-17 years old. I've been watching ball for 25+ years. You're damn right I don't give a shit what you say.

Jameerthefear
01-26-2016, 03:00 AM
You're 16-17 years old. I've been watching ball for 25+ years. You're damn right I don't give a shit what you say.
I don't care how long you've been watching basketball you ignorant jackass. If you can't use your two eyes to see what's in front of you your opinions mean jackshit on here.

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 03:01 AM
So by addressing nothing and continuing a troll shtick, you're basically admitting that you're shit-posting? Alright.

You're VISIBLY upset that Curry took a massive shit on your beloved Spurs until his bowels ran dry at the end of the 3rd quarter...

This is the team in which you and the media have been hyping up to be Golden State's only competition.

24-Inch_Chrome
So many shit-posters ITT.

You're VISIBLY upset that Curry took a massive shit on your beloved Spurs until his bowels ran dry at the end of the 3rd quarter...

This is the team in which you and the media have been hyping up to be Golden State's only competition.
Again, I'm not a Spurs fan. I'm a Raptors fan, always have been.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

LoneyROY7

Relive them glory days, bruh. :applause:

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2016, 03:02 AM

You're debating someone that just had a 13 year old asian girl as their avatar a few weeks ago.

Think about that :lol

Jameerthefear
01-26-2016, 03:04 AM
You're debating someone that just had a 13 year old asian girl as their avatar a few weeks ago.

Think about that :lol
That's funny, because I literally have never had an Asian girl in my avatar ever. Jump off a bridge you no name alt.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 04:21 AM
Only to the children.

The only guys saying this are the same dudes who were crowning Lebron Top 5 all time because he won two in miami. :oldlol:

warriorfan
01-26-2016, 04:23 AM
Era. Stans.

:lol

oh the horror
01-26-2016, 04:25 AM
The time machine gif actually made me laugh out loud

SugarHill
01-26-2016, 04:29 AM
So many low-key salty people tonight :oldlol:
all kobe stans

CAstill
01-26-2016, 04:31 AM
No, he's not. I don't think he's better than prime wade either.

Wade's Rings
01-26-2016, 04:55 AM
No, he's not. I don't think he's better than prime wade either.

I'd still take Peak Wade over current Curry. Curry's Prime hasn't been long enough to be better than Wade's and Prime Wade was the better player IMO.

9erempiree
01-26-2016, 05:03 AM
He makes it look so easy. :applause:

No.

Kob's got that all around game and he actually had to carry his team.

The Warriors are pretty freaking loaded.

What are they a 10 man rotation team?

Wade's Rings
01-26-2016, 05:06 AM
He lost the Finals MVP that year to Kukoc, right? Didn't get a single vote? :confusedshrug:

SyRyanYang
01-26-2016, 05:10 AM
Here is some:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SpWAyV-S7P0

Interesting how most of Kobe's high scoring games came when games were close, except for that one time he scored 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs.

When Curry has a hot shooting night, the Warriors usually blow their opponents out easily.

SuperPippen
01-26-2016, 05:26 AM
No.

Yes, because Curry shooting 45% from outside the arc and 58% from inside the arc - which are both far better percentages than Kobe's ever managed - mean that Kobe has the better "all around game."

Curry is shooting better from three this season than Kobe has shot in general for his career. If he had a sh*tty supporting cast like the '06 Lakers, his team record would be worse, but he would be averaging somewhere around 38 PPG on around 44% shooting.

You know, it's always amusing to get a reminder of what a f*cking moron you are. All the other notorious Kobe stans have some rep, some are even in the green, and yet you perpetually stay at full red. What a loser.

PsychoBe
01-26-2016, 05:55 AM
no. anyone who says otherwise has forgotten how great kobe truly was, or is just a hater.

Dr Hawk
01-26-2016, 06:22 AM
Kobe has never been this good offensively

WallIn
01-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Considering his shooting efficiency this season, he probably is.

STATUTORY
01-26-2016, 11:08 AM
can a mod close this thread please

thx

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:21 AM
what separates kobe from curry is his ability to get to the line, rebound and defend when his shot isnt falling

if curry is off with his shooting or facing a tough defense. he doesn't have a way to manufacture wins other than to just pass and hope another guy like klay can drop 40 for him

kobe turned allot of bad games into wins for the lakers

dude can drop 30 points the hard way.... or the harden way... doesn't matter

curry cant do that

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Think it's pretty clear that Curry > Kobe at this point.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Think it's pretty clear that Curry > Kobe at this point.

at shooting.. yeah ... and passing? ok

but you could say that about curry over jordan

what separates them is careers/titles/big games/records etc...

if we just looked at a players potential then wilt and shaq would be the goats and lebron/tmac would be top 5

but things dont always pan out like they should

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Curry is a ****ing beast theres no denying that but....

06 Kobe > Any version of Curry.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:42 AM
kobe has more 50 point games in 1 week than curry has in 27 years

tmacattack33
01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
kobe has more 50 point games in 1 week than curry has in 27 years

Great. So has Iverson.

And I bet Kobe's had more games of 25 or more shot attempts while making less than 35% of them in a month than Stephen Curry has had in his whole career as well.

And I didn't even have to research this. I would be pretty sure of it though.

Anyone who says Kobe has ever been this good is not someone you should be taking seriously right now. Curry has changed the game. He might even have the league thinking about the three point line right now and making rule changes.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Great. So has Iverson.

And I bet Kobe's had more games of 25 or more shot attempts while making less than 35% of them in a month than Stephen Curry has had in his whole career as well.

And I didn't even have to research this. I would be pretty sure of it though.

Anyone who says Kobe has ever been this good is not someone you should be taking seriously right now. Curry has changed the game. He might even have the league thinking about the three point line right now and making rule changes.

iverson doesnt have 4 games of 50+ points in one week

infact i'd doubt that iverson has 4 over the span of 30 days

Wade's Rings
01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Curry is a ****ing beast theres no denying that but....

06 Kobe > Any version of Curry.

I disagree. I like '08 Kobe over current Curry.

ClipperRevival
01-26-2016, 11:57 AM
It's hard to compare because they did it so differently. Right now, Curry is sitting a lot of the 4th quarters and has to play optimal ball because he is competing for rings. Kobe, on the other hand, had the green light in 2006 on a bad team. And he wasn't nearly as EFFICIENT as Curry.

If you put Curry on a bad team and gave him the green light, he could absolutely put up 35 ppg. Is anyone going to deny this? But he doesn't have that luxury.

PickernRoller
01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
No but he's dominating right now like he did. Which has the league scared. In that sense, the guy has my support.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
i just checked and iverson never even had an entire season with 4 games of 50+

kobe did it in a weeks time

zeerghit
01-26-2016, 12:11 PM
No.

u mean carry them to lottery? yes?

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Yup, pretty easy to see Curry > Kobe. Efficiency, dominance, making it look easy. Great teammate so you don't have the same baggage you get with Kobe.

I think when it's all over, only the most dedicated of the dedicated Stans are still going to argue for Kobe.

Damn son, Lebron overtook Kobe, now Curry doing so. Shaq and Duncan overshadowed him prior to Lebron's emergence.

All the stanning effort put into trying to force Kobe as GOAT or whatever, and it all just came to naught. Kinda sad actually. Wait, no it's not. :oldlol:

PickernRoller
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Yup, pretty easy to see Curry > Kobe. Efficiency, dominance, making it look easy. Great teammate so you don't have the same baggage you get with Kobe.

I think when it's all over, only the most dedicated of the dedicated Stans are still going to argue for Kobe.

Damn son, Lebron overtook Kobe, now Curry doing so. Shaq and Duncan overshadowed him prior to Lebron's emergence.

All the stanning effort put into trying to force Kobe as GOAT or whatever, and it all just came to naught. Kinda sad actually. Wait, no it's not. :oldlol:

All the hating effort all came down to naught.... 5/7, 18th all star appearance by popular demand, 1st ballot hall of famer, legend status.

Stay sniffing baggage. Don't complain later if you get the stinger.

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 12:39 PM

http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/melting-man-global-warming-warning.jpeg

zeerghit
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
All the hating effort all came down to naught.... 5/7, 18th all star appearance by popular demand, 1st ballot hall of famer, legend status.

Stay sniffing baggage. Don't complain later if you get the stinger.

yeah most missed fg, peak= loterry team, bla bla

blablabla
01-26-2016, 12:42 PM
If he had a sh*tty supporting cast like the '06 Lakers, his team record would be worse, but he would be averaging somewhere around 38 PPG on around 44% shooting.

That's his first season ever averaging over 24 pts a game and you think he could go and drop 38ppg with ease :oldlol:

Also just by looking at stats its pretty clear that Currys stats benefit from playing in this warriors system with terrific 3 point shooters and passers around him

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
yeah most missed fg

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

http://i.imgur.com/pSngI.jpg

Cold soul
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM

Wow you're such sad pathetic looser some life you have. Kobe will be remembered and admired for decades he not the GOAT but still one top ten greatest ever which is amazing accomplishment in itself.

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Wow you're such sad pathetic looser some life you have. Kobe will be remembered and admired for decades he not the GOAT but still one top ten greatest ever which is amazing accomplishment in itself.

He has been hating on Kobe for more than a decade.

He's must be over 30 now and still stuck in mud.

Why would he not be mad that his only goal in life has failed?

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 12:48 PM

Isn't that the same clown who said Kobe would never win a title without Shaq?

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Today's Basketball fans are prisoners of the moment.

Oh The Horror said it the best, guys were just saying similar things about Durant two years ago, calling him the greatest offensive force ever, now guys barley even talking about him anymore because Curry set the league on fire.

I seriously wonder what some of you would've said if you were old enough to witness Kobe's 06 season in real time.

Fucc, I'll take 03 Kobe over any version of Steph Curry.

zeerghit
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM

Oh The Horror said it the best, guys were just saying similar things about Durant two years ago, calling him the greatest offensive force ever, now guys barley even talking about him anymore because Curry set the league on fire.

I seriously wonder what some of you would've said if you were old enough to witness Kobe's 06 season in real time.

2006 if im correct 1st round exit? how he cant win shit, without shaq or gasol? hes f'ucking loser in every level, dont bring f'cking lebron here, hes same, just little bit better.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 01:05 PM
2006 if im correct 1st round exit? how he cant win shit, without shaq or gasol? hes f'ucking loser in every level, dont bring f'cking lebron here, hes same, just little bit better.

:sleeping

zeerghit
01-26-2016, 01:08 PM
:sleeping

good answer.

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 01:09 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2817947/billbored.gif

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 01:13 PM
good answer.

Why would I need to say anything else? You're obviously an idiot.

RepMe
01-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Absolutely.

zeerghit
01-26-2016, 01:27 PM
good arguments as always, pathetic moron.

Cold soul
01-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Isn't that the same clown who said Kobe would never win a title without Shaq?

Yup that idiot.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 01:54 PM

You mean like all the Kobe Stans proclaiming him as good or better than MJ a few years into his career when he had done NOTHING to show it? Like that?

At any rate, Curry will go down as better than Kobe. Lebron will. Shaq and Duncan ditto.

I mean, it's not MY fault that's the case. Blame your God for not being better. Why be mad at Knoe Itawl?:confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 02:01 PM
You mean like all the Kobe Stans proclaiming him as good or better than MJ a few years into his career when he had done NOTHING to show it? Like that?

At any rate, Curry will go down as better than Kobe. Lebron will. Shaq and Duncan ditto.

I mean, it's not MY fault that's the case. Blame your God for not being better. Why be mad at Knoe Itawl?:confusedshrug:

Saying a young kid with potential may be the next MJ is not the same as saying he's better than MJ you fuccing moron. :coleman:

f0und
01-26-2016, 02:12 PM
yes

kobe has always been a glorified chucker with zero iq, and an overrated defender.

Lebron23
01-26-2016, 02:13 PM

You have been exposed in this thread. You and the rest of the Kobetards needs to join Kobe in his retirement.

Lebron23
01-26-2016, 02:17 PM

Is that what you are doing to LeBron? Pot calling the kettle black.

AirBonner
01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
Yes his 3 point shooting is a better percentage than Kobe's 2 point

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 02:20 PM
All I know is....aesthetically speaking.....

both are amazing to watch.....prolly the most fun ever.

and I'm not just speaking about their skills on the court....

cheekbone game is GOAT levels

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Saying a young kid with potential may be the next MJ is not the same as saying he's better than MJ you fuccing moron. :coleman:

Don't try it, dope. I've been on this board for over 10 years. And they weren't saying anything about "potential" and that kind of nonsense. Part of what CREATED Knoe Itawl was the obnoxious Kobe stans and their over the top rhetoric about Bryant. They're still as nauseating as they've ever been, but only the most persistent idiot stans like kenneth still try it, because even they've realized that his career doesn't warrant it. They'll still try to inject a little bullshyt whenever they can to try to get Kobe there though.

At any rate, Curry > Kobe and the dude could realistically have 2 MVPs, 2 titles and 1 FMVP after this year while still being favored to three-peat or 4peat :eek:

Dude's coming for Bron. Kobe already a done deal.

Heavincent
01-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Don't try it, dope. I've been on this board for over 10 years. And they weren't saying anything about "potential" and that kind of nonsense. Part of what CREATED Knoe Itawl was the obnoxious Kobe stans and their over the top rhetoric about Bryant. They're still as nauseating as they've ever been, but only the most persistent idiot stans like kenneth still try it, because even they've realized that his career doesn't warrant it. They'll still try to inject a little bullshyt whenever they can to try to get Kobe there though.

At any rate, Curry > Kobe and the dude could realistically have 2 MVPs, 2 titles and 1 FMVP after this year while still being favored to three-peat or 4peat :eek:

Dude's coming for Bron. Kobe already a done deal.

You're the idiot who said Kobe would never win without Shaq. Your opinions on Kobe are not valid.

However, Curry is the best player since Jordan.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 02:56 PM
You're the idiot who said Kobe would never win without Shaq. Your opinions on Kobe are not valid.

However, Curry is the best player since Jordan.

It's always amazing to me that no matter how much time I spend away from this board, NO ONE has the ability to get under the skin of Kobe Stans like Knoe Itawl. NO ONE. One of the ways I know this is the moron stans that repeat "you said Kobe wouldn't win without Shaq" over and over like parrots like that's supposed to just make me go "Oh my God! You're right!!" *slinks out of ISH and never comes back*

My goodness Kobe stans are morons. First of all, he won two more titles, so what? It doesn't change:

Curry better
Shaq better
Duncan better
Lebron better
Wade better peak

:confusedshrug:

Secondly, do you think I keep track of how many Kobe Stans (and there were PLENTY) who said Lebron would never win in Miami? No, because I don't CARE. However, Kobe Stans sure care about that because it's become such a legend to them that ones that weren't even here back then say it. Like "Finally, we have an achilles heel for Knoe Itawl!! Just keep mentioning that over and over again!!

Silly Stans. The fact is, Kobe never reached the heights his stans tried to get him to (GOAT, on par with Jordan, top 10 player, etc.). And since that's the case NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

:pimp:

Heavincent
01-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Good team or no, Bryant will never win another title unless he has a better player than him on the squad. He's just not championship material without the Big Crutch.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34460

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:08 PM
First of all, he won two more titles, so what? It doesn't change:

Curry better
Shaq better
Duncan better
Lebron better
Wade better peak

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:09 PM

*slinks out of ISH and never comes back*

Or wait, doesn't. Stays and continues to make Stans so :mad: they dig up threads from ten years ago.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
*slinks out of ISH and never comes back*

Or wait, doesn't. Stays and continues to make Stans so :mad: they dig up threads from ten years ago.

your name doesn't even stand out to me.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM

Oh but it stand out to your fellow stans though. And it doesn't stand out to you because I haven't posted nearly as much on this board in the past 4 or 5+ years as before.

Otherwise, you'd be another :mad: Stan like all the other ones I've slayed.

I can do the kenneth routine x 10000000000000 if really wanted to but too busy these days.

But back in the day? Seriously, Kobe Stans would have conniptions just glimpsing my name. Judging from the responses every time I come back briefly they still do. And I LOVE it. Because Kobe Stans continue to be the shit on the shoe of the sports world.

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 03:16 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2juleHvcg1qmecoao1_500.gif

almost as bad as when he said....." well Kobe can't 3peat without Shaq....."

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM

Also, you posted porn on a message board. I knew you were screwed up by your obsession with Bryant, but that took it waaaaaaaaaay over the top. You got some serious issues. But then, all Kobe stans do.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM
AlphaWolf24
This message is hidden because AlphaWolf24 is on your ignore list.

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 03:18 PM
I can do the kenneth routine x 10000000000000 if really wanted to but too busy these days.

And clealy it's making you happy and content :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 03:19 PM
It's always amazing to me that no matter how much time I spend away from this board, NO ONE has the ability to get under the skin of Kobe Stans like Knoe Itawl. NO ONE. One of the ways I know this is the moron stans that repeat "you said Kobe wouldn't win without Shaq" over and over like parrots like that's supposed to just make me go "Oh my God! You're right!!" *slinks out of ISH and never comes back*

My goodness Kobe stans are morons. First of all, he won two more titles, so what? It doesn't change:

Curry better
Shaq better
Duncan better
Lebron better
Wade better peak

:confusedshrug:

Secondly, do you think I keep track of how many Kobe Stans (and there were PLENTY) who said Lebron would never win in Miami? No, because I don't CARE. However, Kobe Stans sure care about that because it's become such a legend to them that ones that weren't even here back then say it. Like "Finally, we have an achilles heel for Knoe Itawl!! Just keep mentioning that over and over again!!

Silly Stans. The fact is, Kobe never reached the heights his stans tried to get him to (GOAT, on par with Jordan, top 10 player, etc.). And since that's the case NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Meltdown.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 03:20 PM
I think it's fair to say that when the only group denying something is an obsessive fan base, it's more than likely that whatever they're trying to argue against is at least somewhat accurate.

If Curry's current performance was extrapolated to the end of the season, his offensive peak season would be at least a tier above anything Kobe has ever done. We're talking GOAT tier offensive impact here.

I don't buy the hype over Curry's defense, peak defensive Kobe still has a significant edge there but Curry's offensive impact is so immense right now that it's enough to overcome that disadvantage, especially if we're looking at just a peak season. Too many people are refusing to acknowledge/understand exactly how good Curry has been offensively so far this season.

All that said, he needs to do a lot more to establish himself as greater than Kobe or as better than Kobe over the course of a career. This is the first year where Curry has definitively been the best player in the league and he's going to need a lot more through the coming seasons to solidify a high position on the all-time rankings. Consistency is going to be key.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Meltdown.

Yes, Stans do have a meltdown every time they see me. See how many have flocked to this thread for evidence. :oldlol:

I get under your skin like NO ONE. Because I make you face the real:

MJ better
Duncan better
Shaq better
Lebron better
Curry better
Wade better peak

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
AlphaWolf24
This message is hidden because AlphaWolf24 is on your ignore list.

seriously?

U ignore people on a basketball message board because they say Kobe is better then Jordan...neeener...neener...neener.....

or Lebron/Curry is better then Jordan neener...neener...neener......

Like seriously....O My God!.....

I Love you all.....even Knoe it all.....Ride the Lightning baby!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Meltdown.

Every time life serves him an uppercut, he comes here and screams at much younger Kobe fans.

In his head....losing....for a decade :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes, Stans do have a meltdown every time they see me. See how many have flocked to this thread for evidence. :oldlol:

MJ better
Duncan better
Shaq better
Lebron better
Curry better
Wade better peak

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:24 PM

Meltdown

tpols
First of all, he won two more titles, so what? It doesn't change:

Curry better
Shaq better
Duncan better
Lebron better
Wade better peak

this dude still melting down :biggums:

AlphaWolf24
Every time life serves him an uppercut, he comes here and screams at 10 years younger Kobe fans.

In his head....losing....for a decade :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dead..

( Like..I Totally see that happening)

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 03:26 PM

MJ better
Duncan better
Shaq better
Lebron better
Curry better
Wade better peak

Wow.

Full meltdown.

Did he rent out his account to a 5 year old?

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Meltdown
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/adam-morrison-yawn.gif

tpols
01-26-2016, 03:32 PM
I think it's fair to say that when the only group denying something is an obsessive fan base, it's more than likely that whatever they're trying to argue against is at least somewhat accurate.

If Curry's current performance was extrapolated to the end of the season, his offensive peak season would be at least a tier above anything Kobe has ever done. We're talking GOAT tier offensive impact here.

I don't buy the hype over Curry's defense, peak defensive Kobe still has a significant edge there but Curry's offensive impact is so immense right now that it's enough to overcome that disadvantage, especially if we're looking at just a peak season. Too many people are refusing to acknowledge/understand exactly how good Curry has been offensively so far this season.

All that said, he needs to do a lot more to establish himself as greater than Kobe or as better than Kobe over the course of a career. This is the first year where Curry has definitively been the best player in the league and he's going to need a lot more through the coming seasons to solidify a high position on the all-time rankings. Consistency is going to be key.

the only thing with curry is we havent seen his impact in different circumstances.. like for instance how would he do on a defensive team with no weapons (think 11 Bulls) ? How would he do on just a straight garbage team, offensively and defensively?

No doubt, Curry's impact on a good/great team is GOAT level... but say he gets doubled and his options are keith bogans and carlos Boozer instead of Klay and Green? How is the spacing and effectiveness going to work when the weapons around him arent as complimentary?

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 03:32 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/adam-morrison-yawn.gif

What are you talking about? :lol

A grown man reduced to his rage because of a 15 year grudge against one of the most successful (and now beloved) sports figures of the 21st century?

This is priceless!!!

Even Bill Simmons gave in at some point. This clown is still going.

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 03:33 PM

I will say this ( maybe I'm getting a little carried away....but probably not)

His shooting ability...and offense in general...is kinda revolutionary....

I think it is on par with Magic/Bird....even Jordan's ( air jordan) ability to bring the game to a higher level.

His games are must watch TV.....He is changing the game as we speak....I have never seen a player with his shooting ability time after time ( 80's throwback)

so much fun to watch.....haven't felt this tickled since watching Magic vs Bird

Mr. Jabbar
01-26-2016, 03:35 PM
ENTER was right next to letter K before knoe itawl invented the L

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 03:37 PM
What are you talking about? :lol

A grown man reduced to his rage because of a 15 year grudge against one of the most successful (and now beloved) sports figures of the 21st century?

This is priceless!!!

Even Bill Simmons gave in at some point. This clown is still going.
Dude supposedly doesn't care yet here he is in this thread melting down right in front of us I wonder what he did when Kobe won his 5th title.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 03:40 PM
the only thing with curry is we havent seen his impact in different circumstances.. like for instance how would he do on a defensive team with no weapons (think 11 Bulls) ? How would he do on just a straight garbage team, offensively and defensively?

No doubt, Curry's impact on a good/great team is GOAT level... but say he gets doubled and his options are keith bogans and carlos Boozer instead of Klay and Green? How is the spacing and effectiveness going to work when the weapons around him arent as complimentary?
100% agree on this. Biggest knock against him imo is the situation that he's in; he's having an amazing season but he's in the perfect situation to do so. Great team, perfect players for him. We don't know how he would do on a bad team (I think he would get his but that he wouldn't be able to truly carry the team to a good record/through the playoffs) but based on what he's actually doing, this is a GOAT tier offensive season. In a way, I hope that something happens to force him to have to step up and carry the team just so we can see whether or not he can do it but I'm trying not to hold his perfect situation against him too much.

All that we can say based on what we've actually seen is that what he's doing is amazing (and damn near unprecedented). But he needs to be consistent for a long time to have a good shot of upending any of the established top ~10 all-time players.

I will say this ( maybe I'm getting a little carried away....but probably not)

His shooting ability...and offense in general...is kinda revolutionary....

I think it is on par with Magic/Bird....even Jordan's ( air jordan) ability to bring the game to a higher level.

His games are must watch TV.....He is changing the game as we speak....I have never seen a player with his shooting ability time after time ( 80's throwback)

so much fun to watch.....haven't felt this tickled since watching Magic vs Bird
I f*cking hate him but he's had an absolutely amazing season, easily an all-time great year. There's no denying it.

Knoe Itawl
01-26-2016, 03:41 PM
:oldlol: it's like a reunion of my ignore list:

Mr. Jabbar This user is on your Ignore List.
AlphaWolf24 This user is on your Ignore List.
Magic 32 This user is on your Ignore List.

Damn, Kobe Stans didn't even think that someone like Bron and Curry would come along so soon to detract from their hero. I mean, Shaq and Duncan were always there but they thought maybe after they started winding down Kobe could get his little shine.

NOPE! Bron said NOPE! Now Curry is saying NOPE!

No one cares about Kobe retiring. It's all about the Steph Curry show this year. Kobe's an afterthought. And he knows it, that's why he put out his pathetic announcement so he could get attention all year.

Curry > Kobe
Bron > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe
Duncan > Kobe
Wade better peak than Kobe and would've gone down as the better player if not for injuries.

None of the above is Knoe Itawl's fault.

Showtime2001
01-26-2016, 03:41 PM

Damn, Kobe Stans didn't even think that someone like Bron and Curry would come along so soon to detract from their hero. I mean, Shaq and Duncan were always there but they thought maybe after they started winding down Kobe could get his little shine.

No one cares about Kobe retiring. It's all about the Steph Curry show this year. Kobe's an afterthought. And he knows it, that's why he put out his pathetic announcement so he could get attention all year.

Curry > Kobe
Bron > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe
Duncan > Kobe
Wade better peak than Kobe and would've gone down as the better player if not for injuries.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/98/49/f3/9849f31bb7442eefe2b065c2e199a7b9.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 03:43 PM
100% agree on this. Biggest knock against him imo is the situation that he's in; he's having an amazing season but he's in the perfect situation to do so. Great team, perfect players for him. We don't know how he would do on a bad team (I think he would get his but that he wouldn't be able to truly carry the team to a good record/through the playoffs) but based on what he's actually doing, this is a GOAT tier offensive season. In a way, I hope that something happens to force him to have to step up and carry the team just so we can see whether or not he can do it but I'm trying not to hold his perfect situation against him too much.

All that we can say based on what we've actually seen is that what he's doing is amazing (and damn near unprecedented). But he needs to be consistent for a long time to have a good shot of upending any of the established top ~10 all-time players.

I f*cking hate him but he's had an absolutely amazing season, easily an all-time great year. There's no denying it.

Why would anyone hate Curry? I get the Warriors flack in general, especially with Draymond...but Curry? Dude is a humble competitor, and unworldly skilled like very few we've seen.

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 03:44 PM

he's having a Great season.....but it's the way he's doing it....

Curry is doing for step back 3's and 3pt shooting what Magic/Bird did for passing.

unbelievable.

EDIT:....and he can pass!.....

24-Inch_Chrome
01-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Why would anyone hate him? I get the Warriors flack in general, especially with Draymond...but Curry? Dude is a humble competitor, and unworldly skilled like very few we've seen.
I just dislike him. :confusedshrug:

Part of it has been the incessant shit-posting but I've just never taken to him. That said, I'll still show him the respect he's due. Not gonna disrespect him or the year he's having just because I don't like him.

he's having a Great season.....but it's the way he's doing it....

Curry is doing for step back 3's and 3pt shooting what Magic/Bird did for passing.

unbelievable.
Very true. It's something that has never been seen before.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 03:47 PM

Curry > Kobe
Bron > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe
Duncan > Kobe

Objectively speaking, as far as careers go, Duncan > Shaq > Kobe > LeBron > Curry.

With another title, Curry will be closing in on LeBron and we'll see you deflect back to Kobe, which is what most LeBron fans do. Your fear is palpable.

aj1987
01-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Objectively speaking, as far as careers go, Duncan > Shaq > Kobe > LeBron > Curry.

With another title, Curry will be right on LeBron's tails and we will see you deflect back to Kobe, which is what most LeBron fans do.
:biggums:

2x MVP, 2x NBA Champ = 4x MVP and 2x FMVP? Lets really not get ahead of ourselves. LeBron has been playing at an elite/ATG level for almost 10+ years. Curry has one ATG level season.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 03:52 PM

2x MVP, 2x NBA Champ = 4x MVP and 2x FMVP? Lets really not get ahead of ourselves. LeBron has been playing at an elite/ATG level for almost 10+ years. Curry has one ATG level season.

Dude will already have the better peak, assuming he continues this ATG play, and 2 titles as the main cog (same as LeBron)

This season he'll net another MVP as well. I'm not saying Curry > LeBron, but that after this year he'll be closing in on him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 03:55 PM
BTW, Curry had an ATG season last year as well. Led the league in RPM with ridiculous efficiency. This year might be the greatest offensive season we've seen since Jordan, and that counts for something. A lot of something.

NBAplayoffs2001
01-26-2016, 03:55 PM

Mad elite bro. Totally agree.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2603478-lebron-james-has-been-nbas-worst-shooter-outside-paint-during-2015-16-season

Magic 32
01-26-2016, 03:59 PM

Curry > Kobe
Bron > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe
Duncan > Kobe

https://media.giphy.com/media/Woc5F2s89MnLO/giphy.gif

aj1987
01-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Dude will already have the better peak, assuming he continues this ATG play, and 2 titles as the main cog (same as LeBron)

This season he'll net another MVP as well. I'm not saying he's greater than LeBron, but that after this year he'll be closing in on him.
Again, how? If titles are the only criteria, Hondo should be in discussion for top 5. Curry has literally been playing at an ATG level for ONE season. LeBron has been doing it for 10+ seasons and Kobe did it for 13+ seasons. That's why this tread is retarded. I'm assuming a LeBron stans made it in response to the Curry vs LeBron thread?

Better peak? Lets see how he ends the season. LeBron carries significantly worse teams to 61 and 66 wins in '09 and '10.

Mad elite bro. Totally agree.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2603478-lebron-james-has-been-nbas-worst-shooter-outside-paint-during-2015-16-season
True dat.

Terrible shooter, one of the worst shooters ever, hogs the ball, kills chemistry, past his prime, etc.. Yet, his team is on pace to win 60 games with his 2nd best playing missing the majority of the season.

AlphaWolf24
01-26-2016, 04:08 PM

Curry > Kobe
Bron > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe
Duncan > Kobe

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/BruceBlitz/metal%201_zpsdilhpawn.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Again, how? If titles are the only criteria, Hondo should be in discussion for top 5. Curry has literally been playing at an ATG level for ONE season. LeBron has been doing it for 10+ seasons and Kobe did it for 13+ seasons. That's why this tread is retarded. I'm assuming a LeBron stans made it in response to the Curry vs LeBron thread?

Curry's play was ATG last year as well, though.

To this degree? Nah. But then again how many have reached this level offensively? Definitely not LeBron.

I'm also big on players leading teams to titles, capitalizing on what they have. Ditto with peak play.

quality > quantity, but I agree that Curry will have ZERO case over LeBron this year EVEN if he wins another title playing the way he has. It'll take a few more seasons of elite play, though he can cut that in half with ATG championship runs.

aj1987
01-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Curry's play was ATG last year as well, though.
Not really. Great season? Yeah. ATG? Nope.

To this degree? Nah. But then again how many have reached this level offensively? Definitely not LeBron.
Scoring wise? LeBron's never been at this level and neither has Kobe. Offensively? Yeah. Dude averaged 30 PPG and 9 APG on 60% TS on a garbage ass team, which he carried to 61 wins in '10. Also, both them dudes had to carry a significant load as well. On both sides of the court. MUCH more than Curry.

I'm also big on players leading teams to titles, capitalizing on what they have. Ditto with peak play.
So, where do you rank Hondo? Dude was without question the best player on some of those championship squads.

quality > quantity, but I agree that Curry will have ZERO case over LeBron this year EVEN if he wins another title playing the way he has. It'll take a few more seasons of elite play, though he can cut that in half with ATG championship runs.
Agreed. If he wins two more (including this season), while maintaining the same level of play, he'll definitely be in the top 10.

SuperPippen
01-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Statistically, yes. In terms of the "eye test," yes.

Curry right now is peaking at a higher level than Kobe ever has. The season is not yet over so it remains to be seen whether this level of play will be sustained, but as of now, yes.

He makes the impossible look possible. He's a game breaker.

HOoopCityJones
01-26-2016, 04:33 PM

:roll:

This shit is hilarious, bron stans using arguments Kobe fans were using when they tried to prop Lebron over him.

Definition of full circle.

AirFederer
01-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Yeah he is. A whole 'nother level.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Not really. Great season? Yeah. ATG? Nope.

Led the league in RPM (comfortably) and was still a whale of a shooter. Curry's season marveled some of Kobe's greatest, and if Kobe supposedly has many under his belt, last year should be considered ATG too.

How great is a different argument though.

Scoring wise? LeBron's never been at this level and neither has Kobe. Offensively? Yeah. Dude averaged 30 PPG and 9 APG on 60% TS on a garbage ass team, which he carried to 61 wins in '10. Also, both them dudes had to carry a significant load as well. On both sides of the court. MUCH more than Curry.

When you combine BOTH scoring and passing, Curry is still ahead of LeBron. Dude's offensive impact on and off ball are at a level Bron has never reached, IMO. Its the regular-season though and I would like to see more of this come playoff time.

So, where do you rank Hondo? Dude was without question the best player on some of those championship squads.

For more than half of Boston's titles, possibly more, Hondo was probably the second or third best player on his teams. The championshops he did happen to lead, Hondo's play was never greater than LeBron, Curry or Kobe's. Just my opinion though.

Agreed. If he wins two more (including this season), while maintaining the same level of play, he'll definitely be in the top 10.

Absolutely.

inclinerator
01-26-2016, 05:42 PM
no. his team is more stacked than kobe's ever was tho for sure

question why has steph struggled without 1 of the big 3 while kobe, lebron carried teams to all time records with just 1 allstar before

Wade's Rings
01-26-2016, 05:43 PM

I actually agree with what you both said. I would love to see Curry on a team like the '06 Lakers or the '09 Heat.

PP34Deuce
01-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Lebron at 27 vs Curry at 27 is interesting.

The hate for Lebron clouds the otherwise logical judgement people have. You have one guy who has proven and essentially guaranteed you a chance to compete in the big championship every season.

He's won everywhere he goes. He's the true definition of an anamoly.

You have one guy who's a late bloomer and just now putting everything together. He's never had to carry a team and his teammates cover his weaknesses and maximizes his strength.

You have one guy who covers your weaknesses as a team and does it a high level vs a guy who is able to maximize his strengths to the extreme level.

aj1987
01-27-2016, 05:01 AM
Led the league in RPM (comfortably) and was still a whale of a shooter. Curry's season marveled some of Kobe's greatest, and if Kobe supposedly has many under his belt, last year should be considered ATG too.

How great is a different argument though.
Offensively, probably it was. 24 PPG on 64% TS along with 7 assists? That's a terrific season. But when you factor in play on both sides of the court, there are dozens of seasons by other players better than Curry's '15 season.

When you combine BOTH scoring and passing, Curry is still ahead of LeBron. Dude's offensive impact on and off ball are at a level Bron has never reached, IMO. Its the regular-season though and I would like to see more of this come playoff time.
30 PPG and 7 assists on 68% TS vs 30 PPG and 9 assists on 60% TS. Dude also averaged the same number of TOV's as Curry on higher usage rate.

For more than half of Boston's titles, possibly more, Hondo was probably the second or third best player on his teams. The championshops he did happen to lead, Hondo's play was never greater than LeBron, Curry or Kobe's. Just my opinion though.
The guy was averaged 26+/7+/6+ in multiple Finals. Had playoff stats of 23/8/5 in his prime and 27/8/6 during his peak.

Mr Feeny
01-27-2016, 01:55 PM
How is this a question? :oldlol: he's not only better
He's 10 times better than any version of Kobe :oldlol: Kobe never once shot even 47% for a season. This is a joke - Curry blindfolded would make more of his shots:bowdown: :bowdown: