PDA

View Full Version : David Blatt firing has implication for Lakers head coach positiion

STATUTORY
01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
People forget that Kerr tried to hire Blatt as an assistant coach before Blatt wen to the Cavs. Now that Blatt is free, he can go to GSW and free Luke Walton to be the coach he was born to be in LA with the Lakers

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:23 AM
luke is getting a head coaching job offer regardless

and blatt is likely going back over seas since he only came to the nba for a stacked roster. i doubt another stacked team offers him a job

plus he probly doesnt trust nba gm's anymore

DukeDelonte13
01-26-2016, 11:36 AM
GSW didn't try to hire Blatt as an assistant, they actually did, but they let him take the Cavs HC position when it was offered to him.

DukeDelonte13
01-26-2016, 11:37 AM
luke is getting a head coaching job offer regardless

and blatt is likely going back over seas since he only came to the nba for a stacked roster. i doubt another stacked team offers him a job

plus he probly doesnt trust nba gm's anymore

Blatt took a job with a core of Kyrie, Dion, TT, and Anthony Bennett.

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Blatt took a job with a core of Kyrie, Dion, TT, and Anthony Bennett.

knowing he'd be getting lebron, love

colluding is real. don't be a moron

miggyme1
01-26-2016, 12:16 PM
knowing he'd be getting lebron, love

colluding is real. don't be a moron

WAIT, you really think he knew he was getting lebron?? if he knew that means the organization knew. If the organization knew,you think they would hire a guy they knew bron wouldnt respect???? cmon dude use your brain

kennethgriffin
01-26-2016, 12:19 PM
WAIT, you really think he knew he was getting lebron?? if he knew that means the organization knew. If the organization knew,you think they would hire a guy they knew bron wouldnt respect???? cmon dude use your brain

which is why they had the all time highest paid assistant as their backup plan

it was all planned from the start

DukeDelonte13
01-26-2016, 12:21 PM

no. Griffin wanted Lue, Gilbert wanted Blatt, owner wins but gave griffin a bone and let them keep Lue on. Lue was getting interest from other teams and they had to pony up.

Both were hired well before Lebron made his free agency decision. I'm sure firing the head coach midway through the season within a championship window isn't "planned from the start".

But you know that. You know better.

ralph_i_el
01-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Woah, Kenny being a moron again?

never change :facepalm

Hopper15
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM

You're dumb.

Bernkastel
01-26-2016, 03:20 PM