PDA

View Full Version : True or False: JOHN WALL..3rd best PG in league after Westbrook/Curry

TAZORAC
01-27-2016, 08:23 AM
True or False? Because I can't think of another PG who's better then John Wall outside of these 2.

24-Inch_Chrome
01-27-2016, 08:25 AM
False. Paul and Lowry > Wall.

Dr Hawk
01-27-2016, 08:32 AM
False. Give me Paul any day

Velocirap31
01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Wall is always useless against Lowry.

Legends66NBA7
01-27-2016, 10:22 AM
He's a Top 10 PG quiet easily. Arguably Top 5, but not Top 3.

Paul and Lowry over him this year. Then you could argue Lillard, Thomas, Walker, and Jackson over him too. Probably not Walker and Jackson, but it's closer than people think.

Let's not get into hyperbole.

I'd take Kyle too this season, but Wall has played very well against him.

Mawly-G
01-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Chris Paul is definitely #3

Arguably #2

TAZORAC
01-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Chris Paul is definitely #3

Arguably #2

Westbrook and Curry are about 2 levels above Paul. Wall is equal and I'd favor him over Paul because of size. Wall does what his team needs to win.

Fallen Angel
01-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Chris Paul burned John Wall in their last meeting in Washington, I watched it live and Paul just outplayed him through the jump.

CP3 is still a level above Wall.

Mass Debator
01-27-2016, 12:20 PM
CP3 > Lowry = Lillard > Isaiah Thomas >= Wall

I don't like Wall's passive aggressiveness and his behavior shown when he is struggling.

k0kakw0rld
01-27-2016, 12:22 PM
True or False? Because I can't think of another PG who's better then John Wall outside of these 2.
He just lost yesterday against a better pg and player than him in Lowry.

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Irving

Clifton
01-27-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm a Wizards fan, but Wall has always been overrated.

Defense is important, but even with his defensive impact I can't take him over Irving and Paul. Because of his defense, I would take him over everyone else though. (Lillard is close.)

Clifton
01-27-2016, 01:41 PM
He just lost yesterday against a better pg and player than him in Lowry.
How could anyone take Lowry over Wall who watched last year's playoffs?

Lowry's a good player but he's no all-star. Wall's an all-star. He's just not the lanky Dwyane Wade everyone hoped he would be.

(I'm not talking about making all-star games. I don't even know if Lowry's made all star games. Probably he has. My point is he doesn't "belong there" the way a guy like Dirk or Pierce belonged there 5 years ago.)

imdaman99
01-27-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm a Wizards fan, but Wall has always been overrated.

Defense is important, but even with his defensive impact I can't take him over Irving and Paul. Because of his defense, I would take him over everyone else though. (Lillard is close.)
What? At least Wall was capable of getting his team to the playoffs. Kyrie is either always injured or his teams before Lebron were among the worst. If anyone is overrated, it's Kyrie.

I don't have him over CP3 though. He's #4.

ralph_i_el
01-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Huge Wiz fan here. Give me Curry, Westbrook, and Paul over Wall. Lowry is on the Wall tier.

ralph_i_el
01-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Lowry's a good player but he's no all-star. Wall's an all-star. He's just not the lanky Dwyane Wade everyone hoped he would be.

(I'm not talking about making all-star games. I don't even know if Lowry's made all star games. Probably he has. My point is he doesn't "belong there" the way a guy like Dirk or Pierce belonged there 5 years ago.)

Lowry was hurt in the playoffs and is in the best shape of his career.

Wall can be frustrating to watch sometimes. The Wiz haven't been able to put an actual offensive system in place in his entire career, and part of that has been his fault because he's poor off the ball. So now he's responsible for carrying an entire offense, so his D has kinda fallen off. When he is giving it his all, his defense can be dominant....it just hasn't happened as much this season. He showed up noticably heavier for this season btw....and not in a good way.

The Wiz have poor secondary ball handlers (Sessions, Beal, and Garrett Temple), and only a couple of shooters. Playing Dudley and Humphries (when either of them are healthy) at the 4 has tanked the D compared to last season, where we played Nene and Gortat together a lot more often. The Wiz need a decent 4, a healthy Beal, and a decent 6th man and they are a top-10 team in the league.

Legends66NBA7
01-27-2016, 04:11 PM

Different years and Lowry was really banged up when the playoffs rolled around and it effected his game most noticeably in February till the end of May. If they are both healthy, it would be a great duel. Maybe Wall still outperforms him or the other way, who knows.

And "belonging there" should matter on who produces on the court and helps that team win. Not the name on the back of the jersey. Lowry has been on an all-star level for 3 years now on things that should actually matter and above Wall for the time being.

Relinquish
01-27-2016, 04:11 PM

How about in the playoffs? :oldlol:

Done_And_Done
01-27-2016, 04:12 PM
He's a Top 10 PG quiet easily. Arguably Top 5, but not Top 3.

Paul and Lowry over him this year. Then you could argue Lillard, Thomas, Walker, and Jackson over him too. Probably not Walker and Jackson, but it's closer than people think.

Let's not get into hyperbole.

I'd take Kyle too this season, but Wall has played very well against him.

Very much this

FreezingTsmoove
01-27-2016, 04:22 PM
CP3 is better than Wall

Wall is on the tier of Lowry

But Wall is leaps and bounds better than Lowry head to head. Lowry couldnt even make a shot on Wall during the playoffs.

JerrySeinfeld
01-27-2016, 04:30 PM
I'd rather have Lillard.

AirTupac
01-27-2016, 04:36 PM
Lowry is a different player this season. He's better than Wall this season, no question.

Captvic
01-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Lowry, CP3, Irving > Wall

Draz
01-27-2016, 05:24 PM
1A Curry
1B WB
3 Chris Paul
4 Irving

Mass Debator
01-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Lowry was hurt in the playoffs and is in the best shape of his career.

Wall can be frustrating to watch sometimes. The Wiz haven't been able to put an actual offensive system in place in his entire career, and part of that has been his fault because he's poor off the ball. So now he's responsible for carrying an entire offense, so his D has kinda fallen off. When he is giving it his all, his defense can be dominant....it just hasn't happened as much this season. He showed up noticably heavier for this season btw....and not in a good way.

The Wiz have poor secondary ball handlers (Sessions, Beal, and Garrett Temple), and only a couple of shooters. Playing Dudley and Humphries (when either of them are healthy) at the 4 has tanked the D compared to last season, where we played Nene and Gortat together a lot more often. The Wiz need a decent 4, a healthy Beal, and a decent 6th man and they are a top-10 team in the league.
I agree with everything you said except for Beal being a poor ball-handler. I believe that's a thing of the past. He's at least slightly above average. Capable of running an offense sporadically. Beal is rounding up quite nicely at 22 years of age.

bobopenguin
01-27-2016, 08:48 PM
lol fk no.

CP3 is still up there tied up with curry/westbrook.