PDA

View Full Version : Is Landy Fields going to play in the NBA again?

Levity
01-27-2016, 01:37 PM
UFA this past summer, but didnt get picked up by any team. followed up that uneventful summer with a labrum surgery in september, that takes him out of any basketball related activities until next month or so.

when healthy, again, do you see any team knocking at his door? for a small fraction of what he was making, of couse

someone show my los al alum some love!!! :rockon:

imdaman99
01-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Man he was decent when he first landed in the league, and then he changed his shot and it broke. I think I blame Dantoni for that.
I haven't heard from him since. I thought he was destined to be a legitimate backup SF at least.

Levity
01-27-2016, 01:44 PM
yeah, the dude was impressive his rookie year. was one of the better rebounding SF's in the league. pretty damn impressive. and was hitting the 3 ball at a pretty decent clip too.

i read that he was practicing shooting with his left hand this summer, though :lol

RepMe
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
I had already forgotten that guy.

Haymaker
01-27-2016, 03:02 PM
He moved in with Carlos Boozer last month.

Legends66NBA7
01-27-2016, 04:14 PM
He damaged a nerve in his elbow and he's always getting banged up when he's out there. I do believe he tried to shoot left handed because of the loss of his shot.

Deceptive athlete and a good teammates. I don't we will see him in the league again, unless he completely changes his shooting to his left and even then, it would be as a player who doesn't make much of an impact unless you're really thin on depth.

Did make his millions and his PS Vita commercials will forever be remembered in my heart.

FreezingTsmoove
01-27-2016, 04:23 PM
No ones going to pick up a guy who spent an entire season not playing basketball.

If you want to stay in the NBA you have to continue to play somewhere

Draz
01-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Man he was decent when he first landed in the league, and then he changed his shot and it broke. I think I blame Dantoni for that.
I haven't heard from him since. I thought he was destined to be a legitimate backup SF at least.
No excuse. You're either skilled or you had a good streak. His rookie year seemed more like a good streak than anything else. Welcome back to reality Fields, you aren't NBA material.

BurningHammer
01-27-2016, 05:21 PM
Maybe at veteran minimum to fill some teams' vacant spot and be a mentor, by a long shot anyway.

smoovegittar
01-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Watched him in Summer league and was happy he made the team. Had great hustle; those putback dunks got the crowd going. But something went down when Lin blew up...there were a lot of rumors in NY and it was evident Melo wanted no part of either player. A shame, cause he's a great kid.

Sarcastic
01-27-2016, 06:18 PM
He got paid already, he has a beautiful wife, and he's not that good. Can't blame him for just staying home buried in the P.

outbreak
01-27-2016, 06:29 PM
I was wondering where he was just the other day. Thought I hadn't heard anything about him in a long time. I didn't realise how badly his numbers had gotten in toronto.

BurningHammer
01-27-2016, 07:30 PM
I was wondering where he was just the other day. Thought I hadn't heard anything about him in a long time. I didn't realise how badly his numbers had gotten in toronto.
Injuries reduced his role into a bench defender/hustle guy.

bdreason
01-27-2016, 07:33 PM
He rebounds well.

Unfortunately that's about it.

TheWatcher2
01-27-2016, 07:43 PM
One of the most useless raptors of all time. Easily. Ya, he got injured blah blah blah. Had like half a season of productivity? if that (other raptor fans can correct me) and then sat home/rode the bench for 2.5 years collecting a handsome pay. What a waste. Media and organization never wanted to give up this kid and steadily pushed the idea that once he returned fully healthy we'd be 'that much better/ a serious threat' lmao. Fkn bogus. Everybody and I mean everybody had the day his contract expired circled on the calendar. He must of built up a nice tuxedo/suit game from always being inactive over the years I will
Bet on that.

midatlantic09
01-27-2016, 11:06 PM
I think the better question is how long will it be before his wife leaves him as a result of not being able to secure another NBA contract? I have a feeling that model wife of his won't be hanging around for long if millions aren't coming in every year...

MiseryCityTexas
01-28-2016, 02:55 AM

Landry Fields was always a role playing beast in 2k. He did things in that game that I rarely see him do i real life. Both Fields and Jose Calderon played like NBA Superstars in video games.:facepalm

MiseryCityTexas
01-28-2016, 03:11 AM
and Don't get me started on how great Terrence Williams used to be on 2k11 and 2k12. Dude was basically Lebron James lite on 2k. I also remeber Jeremy Pargo and Josh Selby used to be lite Russell Westbrooks in 2k13.:oldlol: :facepalm . Dana Barros used to be unstoppable on Live 98 for PS one. Them were the good ole days.

ApexPredator
01-28-2016, 12:43 PM
He'll be back, but just in a minor role.

miggyme1
01-28-2016, 12:47 PM
and Don't get me started on how great Terrence Williams used to be on 2k11 and 2k12. Dude was basically Lebron James lite on 2k. I also remeber Jeremy Pargo and Josh Selby used to be lite Russell Westbrooks in 2k13.:oldlol: :facepalm . Dana Barros used to be unstoppable on Live 98 for PS one. Them were the good ole days.

GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW SHITTY 2K USE TO BE.

I forgot all about fields...looked like he was gonna be a great player

Levity
01-28-2016, 01:41 PM
and Don't get me started on how great Terrence Williams used to be on 2k11 and 2k12.

it made me a fan :rockon: :lol