PDA

View Full Version : Did Randle Not Make the Allstars because there were too many Laker players?

AirTupac
01-27-2016, 08:09 PM
D'Angelo and Clarkson made it. There is no reason Randle should not have made the rising stars challenge. 4th in defensive rebounds and almost averaging a double double in his rookie season. Was because the NBA thought it was too many laker studs on the team and it was unfair for others?

"Leads his class in rebounding, 4th in defensive rebounding (NBA), and 9th in total rebounds (NBA). Despite missing a year to a broken leg, he got robbed. Guys have gotten in doing a lot less. "

AirTupac
01-27-2016, 08:11 PM
At least we get to see D'Angelo play under someone not named Byron. Think hes gonna have some crazy passes in this game.

KiiiiNG
01-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Should've made it over Deangelo.

Randal practically averages a double double.

As usual, Russell gets by on hype. He's done nothing.

AirTupac
01-27-2016, 08:25 PM

Arguably the best rookie guard in the draft so far, him or Booker. He deserved it regardless.

KiiiiNG
01-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Arguably the best rookie guard in the draft so far, him or Booker. He deserved it regardless.
Very very very weak guard class though. It's all about the big men.

If they re-did the draft, Russell wouldn't even go top 10. Kinda sad.

AirTupac
01-27-2016, 08:32 PM

LOL yes he would. He'd still be a top 5 pick regardless, you'd be lying to yourself if you said otherwise.

sammichoffate
01-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Hmm, I guess Noel shud get the spot. I do think Randle deserves it though. Hard to rank him above the other forwards on that list

Showtime2001
01-27-2016, 08:37 PM

Not top 10? I think you're pushing it but obviously if it was redone he would not go #2.

Hey Yo
01-27-2016, 08:39 PM

Lakers take Porzingis

24-Inch_Chrome
01-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Wait, you mean Rising Stars, right? Took a double take at the title. :lol

outbreak
01-27-2016, 08:53 PM
I'd put both Randle and Aaron Gordon over Parker.

bobopenguin
01-27-2016, 08:55 PM
if kings come back and willing to trade cousins for Dangelo + randle + fillers. would u do that?

Prime_Shaq
01-27-2016, 08:57 PM
I don't really see the hype surrounding Randle tbh, always looks out of control to me. At least Russell has shown certain flashes of poise in his play.

Levity
01-27-2016, 09:00 PM
I don't really see the hype surrounding Randle tbh, always looks out of control to me. At least Russell has shown certain flashes of poise in his play.

the hype is based on his strength, speed, and endless motor. however, there is still PLENTY to be desired. but first and foremost should be maturity.

SwishSquared
01-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Considering that Philly had 2 guys named last year (and a 3rd as an injury alternate) while sporting a pretty bad record, I doubt it has to do with having too many LAL guys.

BasedTom
01-27-2016, 09:17 PM
They changed it

It's not Rookie vs Sophomores or "team chuck vs team shaq" but instead Team USA vs Team World.

So you do see why it may be harder for some american players to make the roster this year?

bdreason
01-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Probably worried 'the bull" would hurt somebody.

Jameerthefear
01-27-2016, 09:29 PM
I'd put both Randle and Aaron Gordon over Parker.
... how would you do that? parker has been better than both

Jameerthefear
01-27-2016, 09:30 PM
he's really bad. and doesn't fit into the current nba

FKAri
01-27-2016, 09:31 PM
Should've made it over Bargnani 2.0lol

outbreak
01-27-2016, 09:47 PM
... how would you do that? parker has been better than both
No he hasn't. In like 10 minutes more he puts up a couple points more than gordon with less rebounds and no defence. he's playing a bigger role but he's not really having a better season

AnaheimLakers24
01-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Larry nance was also invited but declined.

that laker power

Jameerthefear
01-27-2016, 09:48 PM
No he hasn't. In like 10 minutes more he puts up a couple points more than gordon with less rebounds and no defence. he's playing a bigger role but he's not really having a better season
that whole bucks team has been pretty bad defensively, so can't put it all on jabari. he does need to get better on the boards though, a lot better.
he's unarguably better than randle right now. gordon too

Milbuck
01-27-2016, 10:01 PM
Jabari absolutely deserves to be in this game. Fact that he's putting up double digit scoring on a team filled with ball dominant high usage players like MCL, Monroe, Middleton and Giannis, even while coming off an 11 month ACL rehab, and playing for a coach who benches you for every little mistake is testament to his raw talent. Purely off talent there is no reason why he shouldn't be there.

I honestly think he's gonna put on a show in this game. Transition heavy game where athleticism shines, no hard ass coach putting pressure on you, freedom to create without consequence...we might see Simeon and Duke Jabari out there.

outbreak
01-27-2016, 10:14 PM
that whole bucks team has been pretty bad defensively, so can't put it all on jabari. he does need to get better on the boards though, a lot better.
he's unarguably better than randle right now. gordon too

Parker - 11.4 ppg, 4.6 rbpg, 1.4 apg on 48% shooting and 10 FGA, 0.4 bpg, 0.8spg in 28mpg

Gordon - 7.4 ppg, 5.2 rbpg, 1.3 apg on 48% shooting on 5.7 FGA, 0.7 bpg, 0.6 spg in 20mpg

8 minutes less for close to the same impact with much better defence and while also shooting 32% (up from 27) from deep on 1.4 attempts per game vs parker's 0% from deep. I can see how it can go either way but you can't say there's no argument that Gordon could deserve the spot over parker. He's playing a lesser role with lesser minutes with close to the same impact. If you push it out to per 36 minutes stats (which I don't like doing because I think it by it's nature favours the guy playing lesser minutes) Gordon looks easily better than Parker. Give Gordon 4 more shot attempts and the usage Parker has and I have no doubt he'd catch up on the 4 points less he's putting up in 8 minutes less. I don't think it's a big upset or a snub picking Parker because Parker plays the bigger role and is a bigger name than Gordon but I think you can make a case Gordon is having a better year.

Jameerthefear
01-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Parker - 11.4 ppg, 4.6 rbpg, 1.4 apg on 48% shooting and 10 FGA, 0.4 bpg, 0.8spg in 28mpg

Gordon - 7.4 ppg, 5.2 rbpg, 1.3 apg on 48% shooting on 5.7 FGA, 0.7 bpg, 0.6 spg in 20mpg

8 minutes less for close to the same impact with much better defence and while also shooting 32% (up from 27) from deep on 1.4 attempts per game vs parker's 0% from deep. I can see how it can go either way but you can't say there's no argument that Gordon could deserve the spot over parker. He's playing a lesser role with lesser minutes with close to the same impact. If you push it out to per 36 minutes stats (which I don't like doing because I think it by it's nature favours the guy playing lesser minutes) Gordon looks easily better than Parker. Give Gordon 4 more shot attempts and the usage Parker has and I have no doubt he'd catch up on the 4 points less he's putting up in 8 minutes less. I don't think it's a big upset or a snub picking Parker because Parker plays the bigger role and is a bigger name than Gordon but I think you can make a case Gordon is having a better year.
Yeah you could, but Gordon doesn't get the same opportunities on this Magic team. Hezonja either. I think we're going to see a move before the trade deadline to free up more time for those guys. Did you see what Skiles did to Mario last night?
I think Parker is better right now and I love Gordon.

outbreak
01-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Yeah you could, but Gordon doesn't get the same opportunities on this Magic team. Hezonja either. I think we're going to see a move before the trade deadline to free up more time for those guys. Did you see what Skiles did to Mario last night?
I think Parker is better right now and I love Gordon.

I'm not saying it's a snub, but I think based purely on their on court production this season you can make a case that Gordon should make it over Parker. Parker's the more refined player right now but Gordon's have a nice season with the minutes he's been getting and has close to the same output in less minutes while being one of our best defenders. Some peoples reactions (like yours initially) though seem to be no way and act like parker has been unarguably better than Gordon this year but they've been close. Randle could be thrown in if you only look at the output but his problem is he's been a lot less efficient than those two.

Yeah it's hard with Mario though because he's had times where he's given bigger minutes and he struggles. I'd rather he has variable minutes but if he's having a good night leave him in and don't bench him and forget about him. I don't think he's ready for consistent big minutes but base it on how he's playing. Dunno what I want at the deadline, I think we have nice talent but they don't fit and don't cover each other weaknesses so at some point we will need to make a move but not sure the right move is available right now.

Prime_Shaq
01-27-2016, 10:45 PM
And where the fk is Devin Booker

Jameerthefear
01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
booker should have gotten in over smart imo

AirBourne92
01-27-2016, 10:54 PM

is this guy retarded?:biggums:

randle is literally the worst player in his draft. have you seen him play?

every point he scores looks like a fluke

d'angelo is a thousand times better