PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry highlights vs Spurs.

StrongLurk
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
This dude is on a different planet than the rest of the NBA right now. Never would have thought he could get this crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BRpfyb4tXk

He really might be putting up the best offensive season, maybe best season period, ever.

FKAri
01-27-2016, 09:29 PM
I knew a player like this would come along with this exact type of playstyle considering the rules and prevalence of 3pt shooting. I just never thought it would be Curry. Even last year I wouldn't have expected his play this season.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-27-2016, 10:12 PM
It's the consistency and efficiency. Many NBA players shoot like they're Steph at some point in their careers. I've watched TMac catch fire and I still think when he was on, he was about as unguardable a basketball player as any when they are also feeling it. Same with MJ, Bird, or even players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford. It was only a few weeks ago when freaking Casspi was matching Steph shot for shot. But that's when they're feeling it. Steph plays like this on practically a nightly basis with the defense keyed on stopping him. It's like watching Durant play at Rucker. Except Steph is the size and athlete of those rucker guys and everyone trying to stop him is Durant.

FKAri
01-27-2016, 10:20 PM
It's the consistency and efficiency. Many NBA players shoot like they're Steph at some point in their careers. I've watched TMac catch fire and I still think when he was on, he was about as unguardable a basketball player as any when they are also feeling it. Same with MJ, Bird, or even players like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford. It was only a few weeks ago when freaking Casspi was matching Steph shot for shot. But that's when they're feeling it. Steph plays like this on practically a nightly basis with the defense keyed on stopping him. It's like watching Durant play at Rucker. Except Steph is the size and athlete of those rucker guys and everyone trying to stop him is Durant.

I've always wondered if someone could master the psychology of being "on fire". Like on some Tibetan monk shit. Would be amazing to see. Not that this is what would be necessary (or even probable) for it but I really think somebody will come within the next 15 years who will take Curry's blueprint and take it to the next level.

Not because it's easy to replicate but because no one in the past really tried to build their game from the ground up in this style. There have been many great shooters in the past who didn't even bother to become volume 3pt shooters because of the way the game was played in their time. A guy like Jason Kidd is 5th all time in 3ptr's made when I'm sure there were many more capable players.

plowking
01-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Has there been anyone in history with his level of hand eye coordination? This dude is getting 2 steals a game easy while having a wingspan the same as his height.

So glad to see Parker and Ginobili eat shit and lose in that manner. The only likeable Spurs are Pop, Duncan and Leonard.

SCdac
01-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Dude killed it. Hard not to be impressed by his overall talent and skills :applause:

Hey Yo
01-27-2016, 10:47 PM
What happened to Kawhi's ungodly defense???

Curry went 9-11 with Leonard as the primary defender.

:biggums:

Straight_Ballin
01-27-2016, 10:54 PM
This dude is on a different planet than the rest of the NBA right now. Never would have thought he could get this crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BRpfyb4tXk

He really might be putting up the best offensive season, maybe best season period, ever.

I always knew that I would be able to watch a player like this in addition to having watched MJ. :bowdown:

What a time to be alive!!

Round Mound
01-28-2016, 12:09 AM
I`ve never seen a 1 on 1 off the dribble long distance shooter like Curry. He truly is unbelievable :applause:

Angel Face
01-28-2016, 12:20 AM
How would you guard a guy shooting 3s near half court if you can't put your hand on him. Dude's crazy good this season.

sportjames23
01-28-2016, 03:53 AM
How would you guard a guy shooting 3s near half court if you can't put your hand on him. Dude's crazy good this season.

I wonder how the Warriors would do under 90s rules. Not that there's any physical teams in the NBA today thanks to the pussification of the league, but I wonder how GS would play if teams could rough them up a bit.

plowking
01-28-2016, 04:02 AM
I wonder how the Warriors would do under 90s rules. Not that there's any physical teams in the NBA today thanks to the pussification of the league, but I wonder how GS would play if teams could rough them up a bit.

Yeah, 90's were so much better. Remember when players could bring 2 weapons on the court to guard each other?
At times half the team would die after a game, but you just had to play through it.

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Yeah, 90's were so much better. Remember when players could bring 2 weapons on the court to guard each other?
At times half the team would die after a game, but you just had to play through it.
Bro

Imagine having to guard Curry 1 on 1 with the illegal defense rules

And imagine how telegraphed the double teams would be, Curry would murder them

plowking
01-28-2016, 04:09 AM
Bro

Imagine having to guard Curry 1 on 1 with the illegal defense rules

And imagine how telegraphed the double teams would be, Curry would murder them

Because of the weapons allowed back then or?

Im Still Ballin
01-28-2016, 04:13 AM
Steph must have taken his Strength and conditioning to another level this season

He's looking stronger and bigger this season

The way he moves, warms up pre game... He's the perfect example of someone maximizing their athletic potential

He wasn't gifted athletically by any means, but he has fine tuned it to a high level that many probably didn't think was possible from him.

ApexPredator
01-28-2016, 12:42 PM
:bowdown: AMC

riseagainst
01-28-2016, 02:39 PM

Curry is the hardest player to guard in the history of the NBA.

Yoshi
01-28-2016, 03:22 PM

Kawhi is excellent at staying in front of his man, but that doesn't matter with Curry. Curry will bomb right over the top of you.

Haymaker
01-28-2016, 04:03 PM

Curry is unguardable.