PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyrie Irving being phased out of Cleveland under Tyronne Lue?

PleezeBelieve
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Those who watch the Cavs games can see Lue is clearly establishing Love as a 1b to LeBron's 1a.

Kyrie losing minutes to Delly and he didn't even finish the 1st half today

Vancouver-Grizz
01-27-2016, 09:32 PM
makes sense cause Lue was more of a defensive PG that was very pesky and I am sure he sees a lot of himself in Delly.

BasedTom
01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
If they want to win, then that's what they'll do.

Just like how Pop started phasing out tony parker

VengefulAngel
01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Yes somewhat, offense is focusing on Love more, Kyrie is also is getting a lot less touches.

PleezeBelieve
01-27-2016, 09:35 PM
makes sense cause Lue was more of a defensive PG that was very pesky and I am sure he sees a lot of himself in Delly.
I like smart basketball fans with smart takes.

You know what you're talking about.

JohnMax
01-27-2016, 09:36 PM
kyrie irving is a fitting name.

not a single "D" in it.

plowking
01-27-2016, 09:36 PM
Can you STFU OP?

PleezeBelieve
01-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Yes somewhat, offense is focusing on Love more, Kyrie is also is getting a lot less touches.
Kyrie isn't even touching the ball which is a good thing. He stagnates the offense and has been doing that since he was drafted.

This is the #1 reason why Blatt was fired. He failed to understand Love is the cog you need to be championship squad. He was fine with Kyrie dribbling for 20 seconds at the top of the key.

PleezeBelieve
01-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Can you STFU OP?
Can you stop trolling? Seriously. Watch the games. It's obvious what's going on.

NattyPButter
01-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Kyrie gets all his shots during the 4qt

DukeDelonte13
01-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Kyrie's leg is more f*cked up then the cavs are letting on. He hasn't really been right.

Nick Young
01-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Kyrie isn't even touching the ball which is a good thing. He stagnates the offense and has been doing that since he was drafted.

This is the #1 reason why Blatt was fired. He failed to understand Love is the cog you need to be championship squad. He was fine with Kyrie dribbling for 20 seconds at the top of the key.
Pretty sure he wasn't ok with it and Kyrie just did it anyways

sfballa13
01-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Just trade Kyrie before it's too late like with Rose

Once people realized he is damaged goods he wont be worth anything

raprap
01-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Delly deserves his minutes

Indian guy
01-27-2016, 10:17 PM
Kyrie seems to be trying very hard to not fit in under Lue's scheme. Everybody's passing, moving and cutting without the ball, but as soon as the ball touches his hands, everything comes to a halt. His style of play has been sticking out like a sore thumb the last few games.

Hey Yo
01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
When James is on the bench and Kyrie is on the floor (givin' the reigns)...it's ISO Irving and then has trouble finishing.

CTbasketball92
01-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Idk, but the Cavs will 100% need Kyrie's iso scoring when the playoffs come along. I'm not sure what's up with him. I've noticed that he's been a lot more east-west this year than in the past. His handle ensures that he regularly gets to where he wants to still, but it's just harder for him now, so he pounds it.

His athleticism was probably more necessary than everyone thought it would be. He had an unreal first step last year so he didn't pound the ball as excessively, and his body control was '11 D.Rose level. And he was hitting over 2 3pointers a game at 41.5%.

His quickness is just "good" now and his athleticism hasn't returned to wear it was. I hope it eventually gets there, because I'm sure his jumper will come back around soon. To put it into perspective though, its been a little over a month -- which isn't that longer. Only westbrook can come back from things like that unscathed.

PP34Deuce
01-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Lue is a work in progress but i agree with what people are saying.

Lue definitely likes Delly who plays similar to him defensively and his ability to not hurt you when he's out there.

Love is moody, you have to get him going offensively for him to really play defense and do the little things.

Lebron is coasting.

Lue being a PG, is going to be much harder on Irving since he's the youngest with technically the game breaking ability. Irving has some real bad habits and I see Lue is challenging him more than Blatt did.

Gileraracer
01-28-2016, 10:09 AM
I think Lebron should have some more help

Bandito
01-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Just trade Kyrie before it's too late like with Rose

Once people realized he is damaged goods he wont be worth anything
Hes damaged goods and you wanna trade him for another piece of damaged goods? A lot of senae that trade makes :biggums:

DukeDelonte13
01-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Lue is a work in progress but i agree with what people are saying.

Lue definitely likes Delly who plays similar to him defensively and his ability to not hurt you when he's out there.

Love is moody, you have to get him going offensively for him to really play defense and do the little things.

Lebron is coasting.

Lue being a PG, is going to be much harder on Irving since he's the youngest with technically the game breaking ability. Irving has some real bad habits and I see Lue is challenging him more than Blatt did.

good analysis.

navy
01-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Is it possible Kyrie is just out of shape and still recovering from injury? There doesn't have to be some coach conspiracy 3 games in.

navy
01-28-2016, 10:42 AM
If they want to win, then that's what they'll do.

This is just false. If the Cavs want to win they need Kyrie to ascend to superstar status. Not take a backseat to Kevin Love. He is young and capable, but injuries may not allow it.

PP34Deuce
01-28-2016, 11:41 AM
This is just false. If the Cavs want to win they need Kyrie to ascend to superstar status. Not take a backseat to Kevin Love. He is young and capable, but injuries may not allow it.

Love has limitations defensively with longer frontcourts so I believe effort is all they ask of.

Kyrie is a good sized PG that has the size to match up with guys. He's a bad defender because he flat out has bad habits. I saw game 1 last year and Kyrie played some pretty good defense on Curry one to one. He's a capable defender.

We shall see if this works. Lue seems like he is going to use the youngest guy and make him an example.

WorldWarriors
01-28-2016, 02:05 PM
As an outsider looking in, I think Kyrie has to come to terms with the fact that it isn't his team anymore. He was the man before LEBRON returned. It's probably difficult to give up that mindset even if its LEBRON. But he's gonna have to give in and trust the system if they are going to succeed.

Clifton
01-28-2016, 02:12 PM
Parker carried the Spurs' offense in his prime. When his play diminished, his role diminished.

He was called the best player on the Spurs for years. (This was never correct.)

If they trade him it would be tough to get back equal value considering his injuries.

Using him as a sixth man Manu type seems like a mistake. I can't explain why, it just does.

Maybe it would be good, though. Get Love going early in the game, and use Kyrie as a closer. If Love gets going early, he won't disappear late.

I definitely don't think it's ideal to have Irving controlling things from the opening tip on this roster. He doesn't get others going like Curry does, and they don't his scoring like the Thunder need Westbrook's. Maybe he would work as a sixth man. I just can't see him being content with it.

Meticode
01-28-2016, 02:45 PM
So far Irving's play has usually hurt the team this season. He over-dribbles way too much and he ends up taking bad shots. more than usually. Last year his efficieny was way up and while he still did the over-dribbling stuff, he was getting a lot of catch and shoot-or-drive opportunities and I don't see a lot of that right now.

90sgoat
01-28-2016, 02:57 PM
No way Cavs win without Kyrie to get you those iso buckets in the playoffs, where you actually need iso buckets at some points in close games.

Kyries is the Wade on this team, his ability to get points when all else is failing is very important.

IncarceratedBob
01-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Rumors Are That Cavs Have An Offer On The Table That Would Send Kyrie To The Knicks For Carmelo And Langston Galloway. Would Be Interesting To See Melo And Bron

DukeDelonte13
01-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Rumors Are That Cavs Have An Offer On The Table That Would Send Kyrie To The Knicks For Carmelo And Langston Galloway. Would Be Interesting To See Melo And Bron

even though that is never going to happen, i'd move kyrie for the right deal if I was griffin. He's damaged goods.

Fallen Angel
01-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Looking at Irving is giving Lue nightmares of Allen Iverson's crossover and step over

Meticode
01-28-2016, 05:28 PM
even though that is never going to happen, i'd move kyrie for the right deal if I was griffin. He's damaged goods.
Personally, I don't think he's damaged goods, BUT I do think his playstyle isn't conducive for a team-mentality and winning basketball. The telling sign is just last game when Lue emphasized passing the ball and Irving basically downplayed it's importance.

smoovegittar
01-28-2016, 06:29 PM

Bullshit.