PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Barkley Despise Wade So Much?

Vragrant
01-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Over the years Barkley has taken every opportunity to take shots at him. Even if he is playing well, he will emphasize how its because they other team sucks which allowed him to go off.

Oh, and lord help Wade if he has a bad game. It was so bad once, I remember last year he so emotional during one of his tirades, the TNT set fell uncomfortably quiet and Ernie basically had to tell him in so many words to calm down. They used to do the T-Mobile commercials back in the day, so I thought they were actually cool.

pastis
01-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Over the years Barkley has taken every opportunity to take shots at him. Even if he is playing well, he will emphasize how its because they other team sucks which allowed him to go off.

Oh, and lord help Wade if he has a bad game. It was so bad once, I remember last year he so emotional during one of his tirades, the TNT set fell uncomfortably quiet and Ernie basically had to tell him in so many words to calm down. They used to do the T-Mobile commercials back in the day, so I thought they were actually cool.

3 ringZ

4 Inches
01-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Barkley mad that his phone don't ring

swagga
01-29-2016, 03:54 PM
ring
leadership
swag

ISHGoat
01-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Because Wade did what Barkley could not: ride the coattails of a top 5 GOAT to multiple rangz.

Mirror
01-29-2016, 04:36 PM
I assume it has to do with those commercials. They probably signed on without really knowing each other, got to know each other while filming, and Barkley realized he didn't like him.

aj1987
01-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Because Wade did what Barkley could not: ride the coattails of a top 5 GOAT to multiple rangz.
Wade without LeBron = 1 ring
LeBron without Wade = :lebroncry:

ISHGoat
01-29-2016, 04:49 PM

:lebroncry:

Lebron? I was talking about Riles.

uber
01-29-2016, 05:02 PM

sure :rolleyes:

aj1987
01-29-2016, 05:03 PM

Yeah, right. I thought you was cool, brush. SMH

Akrazotile
01-29-2016, 05:05 PM
They used to have mad love
But baby now they got bad blood
HEY!

navy
01-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Something obviously went down during the phone commercials.

Milbuck
01-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Because peak Wade is better than Barkley ever was and led his team to a ring.

Bosnian Sajo
01-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Because the T-Mobile commercials were a package deal, both Barkley and Wade had to be in to continue. Wade stopped that check from coming in to Barkley, he's been salty since. idk, lol

WayOfWade
01-29-2016, 05:37 PM
They used to have mad love
But baby now they got bad blood
HEY!
Haters gonna Hate
...hate...hate...hate...hate

Hey Yo
01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Because peak Wade is better than Barkley ever was and led his team to a ring.
You saw peak Barkley play??

His peak was muuuuuuuuuch longer than Wade's. Plus Charles was much more durable.

Milbuck
01-29-2016, 05:42 PM
You saw peak Barkley play??

His peak was muuuuuuuuuch longer than Wade's. Plus Charles was much more durable.
Since when does peak have anything to do with longevity or durability?

Hey Yo
01-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Since when does peak have anything to do with longevity or durability?
That'a why I asked if you saw peak Barkley play.

His longer and better peak ( avg. roughly 25-11 on about 72gms per season) >>>> Wade's much shorter peak and less durability.

GrapeApe
01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
I think it's a good cop bad cop thing. People mention the T-Mobile commercials, but Barkely hating on Wade didn't really start to happen until after Lebron came to Miami, specifically around 2012-2013 when he started having injury issues. From 2009-2011 Barkley routinely called Wade a top 3 player in the world.

It started with Barkley harping on the fact that Wade was getting old, but then it morphed into an almost over-the-top level of hate. That's why I think it's a gimmick more than anything. There's probably some legit jealousy mixed in there too, but I think Barkley and Wade are still buddies.

Milbuck
01-29-2016, 05:54 PM
That'a why I asked if you saw peak Barkley play.

His longer and better peak ( avg. roughly 25-11 on about 72gms per season) >>>> Wade's much shorter peak and less durability.
I don't give a shit about how long Barkley's prime was. When I say peak I care about how good they were at their best, typically their best season. And Wade to me at his best is better than Barkley.

Braincells
01-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Wade dropped him from his fave 5.

miggyme1
01-29-2016, 06:37 PM
I don't give a shit about how long Barkley's prime was. When I say peak I care about how good they were at their best, typically their best season. And Wade to me at his best is better than Barkley.

you a damn fool if you think prime wade was better than prime barkley. you going off rings or something else. Cut the bs out man.

when he reached his peak he had no holes in his game...rebound,defend,better shooter than wade. I cringe everytime I see wade go beyond 20 feet and shoots.

I feel wade peaked in 2006 and it was all downhill from there...injuries are to blame but wade never really took that NEXT step after killing the mavs in 06. If he had of became a better shooter hell we prolly sitting here wondering if wade is BETTER than kobe...f#$% barkley but im sorry wades jumper is just ugghhhhh...I cant do it.

riseagainst
01-29-2016, 06:38 PM

:lol
:roll:

/ether

SugarHill
01-29-2016, 06:39 PM
you a damn fool if you think prime wade was better than prime barkley. you going off rings or something else. Cut the bs out man.

when he reached his peak he had no holes in his game...rebound,defend,better shooter than wade. I cringe everytime I see wade go beyond 20 feet and shoots.

I feel wade peaked in 2006 and it was all downhill from there...injuries are to blame but wade never really took that NEXT step after killing the mavs in 06. If he had of became a better shooter hell we prolly sitting here wondering if wade is BETTER than kobe...f#$% barkley but im sorry wades jumper is just ugghhhhh...I cant do it.

huh? He was quite clearly at his peak in the 09 season and looked like the best player in the league right before he got injured. He was looking like the best player in the world during redeem team

SouBeachTalents
01-29-2016, 06:41 PM

Wade was still a beast when healthy from '09-'11. It's just silly to say dude peaked in '06 when he had an awesome campaign in '09 and was still dropping 30 ppg series in the playoffs. He was still an elite player through the 27 game win streak

Wade's Rings
01-29-2016, 07:15 PM

Better Defender than Wade? :roll:

He clearly peaked in '09. He was still great from 2010-2012.

Him becoming a better shooter wouldn't have made him have a better Career than Kobe. This year his jumper has been off but outside of that he's shot 39% from 10-22 ft and has improved his jumper a lot in recent years.

GrapeApe
01-29-2016, 07:31 PM

:biggums:

Peak Barkley was a monster, but his defense was at best below average and at worst atrocious. Barkley never had a 2-way season like Wade had in 2009.

Wade DID take the next step in the 2007 season following the championship, averaging career highs across the board before getting injured. From 2009-2011 Wade averaged 28/6/5 with a 28 PER including a 3rd place DPOY finish. He was without question a better and more complete player those seasons than in 2006.

dhsilv
01-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Their peaks are an interesting debate. Both had some epic all time great peaks that are grossly forgotten/ignored by history.