PDA

View Full Version : Replace Pippen with Jordan on the 1994 Bulls

Milbuck
01-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Let's say you swap '93 Jordan in for Pippen on the 1994 Bulls. Replace Pete Myers with a similar level journeyman SF, of your choice.

How do they do?

SamuraiSWISH
01-29-2016, 03:56 PM
BJ
Jordan
Kukoc
Grant
Cartwright

Champions, if that Knicks team took them 7 games.

3ball
01-29-2016, 04:48 PM
BJ
Jordan
Kukoc
Grant
Cartwright

Champions, if that Knicks team took them 7 games.
This is especially true because the 1994 Bulls decline from 3-peat champions to 2nd round team was due entirely to their decline on offense.

The Bulls' DRtg in 1994 (6th) wasn't any better relative to the league than the first 3-peat (7th, 4th, 7th)..

Accordingly, the massive decline from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd Round team was due entirely to the absence of MJ's goat offense (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12082990&postcount=185), which caused their ORtg to crater from #1 all-time (during the 3-peat) to 14th in the league in 1994.

Obviously, if we replace Pippen's 22 ppg and choking/lesser leadership with MJ's 35+ ppg and goat clutch/leadership, the team would be far better.

LAZERUSS
01-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Here is what we do know...

Jordan replaced Grant from the same exact roster from '94, and didn't get them any further in the post-season. In fact, they went from a title contender in '94, being robbed of at least getting to the ECF's...to a massive decline down to an ordinary second round loser.

Now, a better question would be...given that the '94 team was one blown call away from getting to the ECF's, and against a team that they wiped out during the season, 4-1...and lost that controversial seven game series against a Knicks team that lost to the Rockets in game seven of the Finals by four points...

what if the '94 Bulls had replaced PETE MYERS, and his 6 ppg average in that NY series...with even a DECENT SG?

Wade's Rings
01-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Here is what we do know...

Jordan replaced Grant from the same exact roster from '94, and didn't get them any further in the post-season. In fact, they went from a title contender in '94, being robbed of at least getting to the ECF's...to a massive decline down to an ordinary second round loser.

Now, a better question would be...given that the '94 team was one blown call away from getting to the ECF's, and against a team that they wiped out during the season, 4-1...and lost that controversial seven game series against a Knicks team that lost to the Rockets in game seven of the Finals by four points...

what if the '94 Bulls had replaced PETE MYERS, and his 6 ppg average in that NY series...with even a DECENT SG?

Lazeruss still spitting the same trash :facepalm

ShawkFactory
01-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Idk. Without Pippen they wouldn't have their vocal leader and defensive anchor, so there's that

3ball
01-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Idk. Without Pippen they wouldn't have their vocal leader

Man you don't know anything about the Bulls - you shouldn't comment on teams/eras you know nothing about..

It's very common knowledge that Pippen was silent and Jordan ran the team in every way... Just for you, here's someone ELSE saying it (other than "crazy" 3ball):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIY_4vIxGEE&t=20m23s

And here's a little education - here's 2016 interviews with Pippen, Paxson and others talking about CHEMISTRY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKLUpw7Z58&t=2m05s

feyki
01-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Championship .

ClipperRevival
01-29-2016, 05:12 PM
I think they would've had a chance at winning it all but it would've been a tough task to take down Hakeem's Rockets. So either finals appearance or loss to the Rockets.

feyki
01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
I think they would've had a chance at winning it all but it would've been a tough task to take down Hakeem's Rockets. So either finals appearance or loss to the Rockets.

If you mentioned 95 season , I would said you're right . But 94 Rox did beat 94 Knicks in 7 . And 94 Knicks did beat 94 Bulls in 7 . W/ Jordan-W/out Pippen would worse defensive teams around 1-2 defrat on 100 poss . But Jordan had around 6-7 offrat effect margin on offence . 94 Rox and 94 Knicks and 94 Bulls were so close like that . Jordan would got champ in my mind .

I can't say this to 95 season . Peak Horry , Drexler . And better system . 95 Rox would eliminated w/out Pippen Bulls .

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
New York was Jordan's stepping stone throughout the 90s, and that wouldn't change in '94. Chicago was desperate for scoring in that series. Mike would have filled the void in ways only the GOAT playoff scorer could fill.

Not sure they beat Houston for a championship BUT at least a finals appearance is where the Bulls would be, replacing Pippen w/ Jordan.

Smoke117
01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Man you don't know anything about the Bulls - you shouldn't comment on teams/eras you know nothing about..

It's very common knowledge that Pippen was silent and Jordan ran the team in every way... Just for you, here's someone ELSE saying it (other than "crazy" 3ball):

And here's a little education - here's 2016 interviews with Pippen, Paxson and others talking about CHEMISTRY:

Except it's not...Phil Jackson himself has said Pippen was the vocal leader as has countless players. It's common knowledge that Jordan was a more lead by example type of player...especially before the first come back. Jordan also was never as impactful defensively as Pippen was in 94. He was a legit defensive anchor from the sf position in 94 and 95. It's pretty easy to just go back and look at the 93 series vs the Knicks too...they would have had no chance without Pippen in that series. While Jordan was laying up bricks he was making all the big shots in that series. Part of what made the Bulls able to contend with the Knicks in 94 is how similarly they played...the Bulls played a really slow grind out it out style built on team basketball...the same way the Knicks and Rockets did. Tex Winters has said many times that the 94 bulls were the best team ever at running the triangle offense. Jordan is obviously better than Pippen...but I'm not sure he's better for the Bulls in the triangle offense if Pippen isn't there. Assuming that all Jordan gets in return for Pippen is a Pete Myers level sf...who the hell is going to run the triangle offense? Tex Winters certainly wouldn't be calling a triangle offense with Just Jordan and no Pippen the best it ever was...that's for sure.

guy
01-29-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't really see who would beat them. Possibly the Rockets, but not sure.

Duffy Pratt
01-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Hard to say. Losing Pippen would make the rest of the team work harder on defense, and that energy expenditure would take its toll on offense. Jordan was better than Pippen on both ends, so the Bulls would likely have been a better team. It's not clear, and there is no way to know, how Kukoc and Kerr would have slid into the system with Jordan instead of Pippen, so again, hard to know for sure.

In the first three-peat, the Bulls went 1-5 against Hakeem's Rockets, so I would not be handing them the championship as a matter of course. I think the Rockets may have been the only team with a winning record against the Bulls in that stretch.

3ball
01-29-2016, 06:04 PM
The Knicks were Jordan's stepping stone throughout the 90s, and that wouldn't change in 94. Chicago was desperate for scoring in that series. Mike would have filled the void in ways only the GOAT playoff scorer could fill.

Not sure they beat Houston for a championship, but at least a finals appearance is where the Bulls would be replacing Pippen w/ Jordan.

houston didn't match up well with jordan... they didn't have anyone to guard him.

starks had 5 consecutive, good games above his averages - during those 5 consecutive good games, (games 2 thru 6), he averaged 21.0 and 7.2 apg on 49%

jordan would have a great series and shoots great - hard to beat the bulls and the triangle when MJ does that... we saw how kerr and kukoc fit with MJ - like a glove - they 3-peated with MJ with MJ tossing Kerr the series-winning assist in 1997 finals

on an unrelated note, he's posterized their entire frontcourt at least 4+ times each.

miggyme1
01-29-2016, 06:31 PM
They lose to the rockets with or without pippen.

People under estimate how good that rockets team was. very deep team too. no way bulls beat them I don't care how great mj was. Mj never played against a dominant center in any of his finals appearances. With olajuwan and the shooters they had I just don't see how the bulls could of beat them....this was before rodman as well. Hell without rodman I don't think the bulls 3 peat from 93-96. just my opinion though.

La Frescobaldi
01-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Let's say you swap '93 Jordan in for Pippen on the 1994 Bulls. Replace Pete Myers with a similar level journeyman SF, of your choice.

How do they do?

people would be all over ISH saying Jordan went 1-12 without Pippen.

Fire Colangelo
01-29-2016, 07:15 PM

People under estimate how good that rockets team was. very deep team too. no way bulls beat them I don't care how great mj was. Mj never played against a dominant center in any of his finals appearances. With olajuwan and the shooters they had I just don't see how the bulls could of beat them....this was before rodman as well. Hell without rodman I don't think the bulls 3 peat from 93-96. just my opinion though.

That Rockets team was probably one of the weaker championship teams in the history of the NBA....

They were good, but they weren't all time good. The Knicks had a 3-2 lead on them with Ewing and Starks playing some shitty basketball offensively.... that series could've went either way if played again.

Had MJ and Pippen both played, they could've won the chip rather easily in 94 IMO... but I doubt they'd win it all without each other.

livinglegend
01-29-2016, 07:17 PM

Phil Jackson on Scottie Pippen as a leader

La Frescobaldi
01-29-2016, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=livinglegend]Phil Jackson on Scottie Pippen as a leader

32jazz
01-29-2016, 07:25 PM

How do they do?

Well It certainly takes minutes from a CBA journeyman who replaced Jordan ( Pete ' friggin' Myers) & gives a few more months to Kukoc.

Myers played 25 mpg & Kukoc 19 in 94.

Maybe they advance to the Finals( like I think they do with an NBA SG relaxing MJ instead of Myers) ,but I'll take nothing away from the Rockets. They are Champs.

Micku
01-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Except it's not...Phil Jackson himself has said Pippen was the vocal leader as has countless players. It's common knowledge that Jordan was a more lead by example type of player...especially before the first come back. Jordan also was never as impactful defensively as Pippen was in 94. He was a legit defensive anchor from the sf position in 94 and 95. It's pretty easy to just go back and look at the 93 series vs the Knicks too...they would have had no chance without Pippen in that series. While Jordan was laying up bricks he was making all the big shots in that series. Part of what made the Bulls able to contend with the Knicks in 94 is how similarly they played...the Bulls played a really slow grind out it out style built on team basketball...the same way the Knicks and Rockets did. Tex Winters has said many times that the 94 bulls were the best team ever at running the triangle offense. Jordan is obviously better than Pippen...but I'm not sure he's better for the Bulls in the triangle offense if Pippen isn't there. Assuming that all Jordan gets in return for Pippen is a Pete Myers level sf...who the hell is going to run the triangle offense? Tex Winters certainly wouldn't be calling a triangle offense with Just Jordan and no Pippen the best it ever was...that's for sure.

Jordan was hard on his teammates initially. He yelled at them, cursed them out when they make a mistake, and belittle some of them in practice. Horace Grant even mentioned this, here it is:
http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshht12k69Q62C11Eoy8

It was more like MJ was bad cop and Pippen was good cop.

La Frescobaldi
01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Jordan was hard on his teammates initially. He yelled at them, cursed them out when they make a mistake, and belittle some of them in practice. Horace Grant even mentioned this, here it is:
http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshht12k69Q62C11Eoy8

It was more like MJ was bad cop and Pippen was good cop.

No. Pippen had leadership skills, Jordan had basketball skiils.

This isnt even anything new. People were already saying it in pippens second year and it just got buried by the Jordan myth.

ShawkFactory
01-29-2016, 07:54 PM

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-29-2016, 07:55 PM

This isnt even anything new. People were already saying it in pippens second year and it just got buried by the Jordan myth.

Jordan had leadership skills as well, as evidenced by the testimonials of his teammates.

Scottie was basically good cop to Jordan's bad cop.

Duffy Pratt
01-29-2016, 08:09 PM
houston didn't match up well with jordan... they didn't have anyone to guard him.

Vernon Maxwell guarded Jordan as well as anyone with the possible exception of Michael Cooper. So this is just false. And if there is a match up problem between the two teams, it is Hakeem even more than it is Jordan.

With Maxwell and Hakeem, the Rockets went 5-1 against the Bulls with Jordan. But yeah, there is no way that they could beat a Bulls team that had Jordan but did not have Pippen...

Micku
01-29-2016, 09:07 PM

What do you mean no? It's been recorded and documented on both of their leadership skills. There have been video documentaries, articles, and books that say this. Jordan was more vocal later in his career as oppose to the beginning, but he always harsh in practice. As ppl said, he lead by example on the court but he begun to get mad over mistakes.

But it's very more evident that Jordan was bad cop and Pippen was good cop. As one of the quotations said:

In fact, all of the Bulls were somewhat afraid of Michael Jordan (who would ferociously bark at them whenever they made the slightest mistake in positioning or timing). For solace and advice, the players instead turned to Scottie. Throughout the dynasty, it was Pippen who was the team's on-court leader.

MJ leadership:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcv2sJUEVw

He worried that his treatment of his teammates in practice would be viewed as harsh. So he tried to keep things balanced, he exmplained. "If you show more tenderness and concern, people appericate you more." He made a habit of trying to praise his teammates regularly in his media interviews.

https://books.google.com/books?id=leziAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT286&lpg=PT286&dq=michael+jordan+vocal+leader&source=bl&ots=Tqw3Exaikk&sig=QAEtd0Bt77OJt749Z0jCT28vuzU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj18LbmqdDKAhUL42MKHXUBD54Q6AEIIzAB#v=on epage&q=michael%20jordan%20vocal%20leader&f=false

Jordan used to yell at his teammates a lot when they made a mistake. He started to show that a little bit more in the early 90s. The teammates feared him, and that's where Pippen was the good cop in the role. It's always been like that. Jordan yelled at you when you did a mistake (especially off camera), Pippen picked you back up.

OldSchoolBBall
01-29-2016, 09:08 PM

This. I'd lean towards title because that Bulls team and Houston would be similarly talented, but Chicago would have better chemistry, coaching, and I'd take Jordan to outplay Hakeem any day.

OldSchoolBBall
01-29-2016, 09:10 PM

The 1994 Bulls EASILY beat Houston in 1994 if Jordan stays. Quit kidding yourself. They were a clearly more talented team with better coaching, championship experience, and Jordan > Hakeem.

97 bulls
01-29-2016, 09:31 PM
It's kinda loaded of a question. It depends on how Jordan plays. If he trues to play hero ball, hell score a lot of points and get his stats. But u honestly don't see them getting any farther. If he picks his spots, and utilizes his team, they easily reach the Championship, but lose to the Rickets

La Frescobaldi
01-29-2016, 09:59 PM
What do you mean no? It's been recorded and documented on both of their leadership skills. There have been video documentaries, articles, and books that say this. Jordan was more vocal later in his career as oppose to the beginning, but he always harsh in practice. As ppl said, he lead by example on the court but he begun to get mad over mistakes.

But it's very more evident that Jordan was bad cop and Pippen was good cop. As one of the quotations said:

MJ leadership:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcv2sJUEVw

https://books.google.com/books?id=leziAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT286&lpg=PT286&dq=michael+jordan+vocal+leader&source=bl&ots=Tqw3Exaikk&sig=QAEtd0Bt77OJt749Z0jCT28vuzU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj18LbmqdDKAhUL42MKHXUBD54Q6AEIIzAB#v=on epage&q=michael%20jordan%20vocal%20leader&f=false

Jordan used to yell at his teammates a lot when they made a mistake. He started to show that a little bit more in the early 90s. The teammates feared him, and that's where Pippen was the good cop in the role. It's always been like that. Jordan yelled at you when you did a mistake (especially off camera), Pippen picked you back up.

Fear is the weakest possible form of leadership. Creates dissension; yields low results.

edit ~ Michael Jordan is one of the 3 greatest players I've ever seen.... and I've seen a lot of ball. But he has this same flaw in common with Oscar Robertson.

LAZERUSS
01-29-2016, 10:19 PM
people would be all over ISH saying Jordan went 1-12 without Pippen.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Classic...

Micku
01-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Fear is the weakest possible form of leadership. Creates dissension; yields low results.

Haha! That's a discussion for another time perhaps. However, you would have to admit that Jordan was a bad cop to Pippen's good cop. Both them were leaders, but in different ways. Jordan would let you know if you messed up and lead by example due to his talent and work ethic tho he had crazy stamina.. Phil Jackson also mentioned this:

"One of the biggest differences between the two stars from my perspective was Michael's superior skills as a leader," Jackson said. "Though at times he could be hard on his teammates, Michael was masterful at controlling the emotional climate of the team with the power of his presence."

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/05/17/phil-jackson-michael-jordan-was-better-leader-shooter-and-defender-than-kobe-bryant

Bill Simmons succinctly summarizes Jordan's treatment of his teammates as follows:

"Jordan weeded out weaker personalities and relentlessly pushed the ones that might have helped him. Really, it wasn’t hard. Jordan’s teammates needed to come through for him … or else."

https://ambition.com/blog/2014/10/27/enterprise-team-leaders-who-your-nba-parallel/

It was both fear and respect. As you could probably tell with the testimonials and other references that you may find. Michael Jordan leadership has always been there and has been documented. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Pippen was always the good cop and Jordan was the bad cop. Both worked I suppose.

Lebron23
01-30-2016, 01:50 AM
1-12

dubeta
01-30-2016, 01:55 AM
1-12

Straight_Ballin
01-30-2016, 02:12 AM
I don't really see who would beat them. Possibly the Rockets, but not sure.

No, because Jordan never loses in the finals. This has already been proven. If he makes it, he wins.

sekachu
01-30-2016, 02:32 AM

How do they do?

MJ's motivation would have raised again with his intense competitive. Very likely they would win it again.

kennethgriffin
01-30-2016, 02:43 AM
the funny thing is jordan fans don't even realize when theyre insulting jordan by trying to make him look good

theyre basically saying jordans teammates were so good that he didn't even need pippen cause he had a championship roster without him

3ball
01-30-2016, 03:24 AM

97 bulls
01-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Not a single link above works.. But I don't need to see a half dozen links showing teammates or coaches saying nice things about Pippen.

Do you really think that during Jordan and Pippen's 10 years playing together there aren't tons of interviews where teammates and coaches give Pippen some shine?...

Of course there are - teammates would never give ALL the praise to one guy (Jordan) because that would be weird and not good for the team.. And that would be kissing Jordan's ass, which doesn't show the strength that any Jordan teammate needs - the team would be a joke if his teammates gave Jordan all the praise, all the time - they wouldn't win shit with that kind of mentality... and again, that would be a weird environment over a 10 year period.

I'm not saying Pippen didn't show some leadership - most basketball teams have more than 1 leader.. But in no way was Pippen #1 in any leadership category - not on offense, not on defense, not vocally, not by example.. But that doesn't mean teammates can't still give Scottie some shine in interviews for the secondary or tertiary leadership position on the team that he had.

But Jordan was god on that team.. For one thing, he MADE Pippen... If Pippen goes to another team in 1988 instead the team with the DPOY and goat scoring champ, he doesn't develop the same way on either side of the ball.. If you guys knew about basketball, you'd know this.
You're incredible. It's funny how you will take quotes made about Pippen in 1990 and make it seems as if that was Pippen's career in a nutshell, but when people show what Pippen actually did and quotes on what his peers think about him, they're throwing him a bone. Take the quotes for what they are.

Michael Jordan played with a player that would've been a perennial MVP candidate had he had the opportunity.

3ball
01-30-2016, 04:42 AM
You're incredible. It's funny how you will take quotes made about Pippen in 1990 and make it seems as if that was Pippen's career in a nutshell, but when people show what Pippen actually did and quotes on what his peers think about him, they're throwing him a bone. Take the quotes for what they are.

Michael Jordan played with a player that would've been a perennial MVP candidate had he had the opportunity.
I post quotes of people KNOCKING Pippen - saying bad things about Pippen.

That's different than PC things said about Pippen in the normal course of business, where it would be abnormal if these things were never said over the 10 years MJ and Pippen played together.

97 bulls
01-30-2016, 05:19 AM
I post quotes of people KNOCKING Pippen - saying bad things about Pippen.

That's different than PC things said about Pippen in the normal course of business, where it would be abnormal if these things were never said over the 10 years MJ and Pippen played together.
You post quotes of people that are known to not like Scottie Pippen. Bill Laimbeer, Isiah Thomas, Jerry Krause. And even then, most of tbe quotes you have are made 4 years intl Pippens career.

La Frescobaldi
01-30-2016, 08:36 AM
No, because Jordan never loses in the finals. This has already been proven. If he makes it, he wins.

Patricia DeMauro set a craps record in Atlantic City on Saturday by rolling the dice 154 consecutive times in a single turn. (http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/crunching-the-numbers-on-a-craps-record-703/)

So clearly, every time she goes to Atlantic City she wins.

If you don't recognize the incredible amount of luck the injury-free Bulls had during that run, then of course.... 'if he makes it, he wins.'

Trade Jordan with James in 2012 and tell people he's beating the Spurs twice in a row. Wade isn't changing into some injury-free dude because somehow Jordan showed up. And yes, Jordan could play the 3 position. dude was strong all right

3ball
01-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Patricia DeMauro set a craps record in Atlantic City on Saturday by rolling the dice 154 consecutive times in a single turn. (http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/crunching-the-numbers-on-a-craps-record-703/)

So clearly, every time she goes to Atlantic City she wins.

If you don't recognize the incredible amount of luck the injury-free Bulls had during that run, then of course.... 'if he makes it, he wins.'

Trade Jordan with James in 2012 and tell people he's beating the Spurs twice in a row. Wade isn't changing into some injury-free dude because somehow Jordan showed up. And yes, Jordan could play the 3 position. dude was strong all right
Riiiiiight bro.

And it's just COINCIDENCE that MJ has the best Finals stats of any player in history by far and was the most clutch of any player in history by far.

And scored the highest proportion of his team's points, points + assists, and points + assists - TO's than any player in history.

Keep deluding yourself bud and buying those lottery tickets... You'll win one of these days I promise.

La Frescobaldi
01-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Haha! That's a discussion for another time perhaps. However, you would have to admit that Jordan was a bad cop to Pippen's good cop. Both them were leaders, but in different ways. Jordan would let you know if you messed up and lead by example due to his talent and work ethic tho he had crazy stamina.. Phil Jackson also mentioned this:
http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/05/17/phil-jackson-michael-jordan-was-better-leader-shooter-and-defender-than-kobe-bryant

https://ambition.com/blog/2014/10/27/enterprise-team-leaders-who-your-nba-parallel/

It was both fear and respect. As you could probably tell with the testimonials and other references that you may find. Michael Jordan leadership has always been there and has been documented. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Pippen was always the good cop and Jordan was the bad cop. Both worked I suppose.

nah mick it is this discussion right here.

Jordan didn't lead the Bulls to anything until Scottie showed up. Phil too. Those Bull squads were weak sure, and playing against one of the greatest teams of all time, sure.... but they weren't ever going anywhere at all. An even better example - Wizards franchise was pretty much destroyed by Jordan.

More example of bad leadership? Trying to pretend he's Jerry West and be a great GM... look at Warriors right now - West is an executive.

Kobe has the same fault as Jordan. Fisher is not Pippen in terms of talent on the court, but he did serve the same leadership role on the team.

LAZERUSS
01-30-2016, 11:55 AM
nah mick it is this discussion right here.

Jordan didn't lead the Bulls to anything until Scottie showed up. Phil too. Those Bull squads were weak sure, and playing against one of the greatest teams of all time, sure.... but they weren't ever going anywhere at all. An even better example - Wizards franchise was pretty much destroyed by Jordan.

More example of bad leadership? Trying to pretend he's Jerry West and be a great GM... look at Warriors right now - West is an executive.

Kobe has the same fault as Jordan. Fisher is not Pippen in terms of talent on the court, but he did serve the same leadership role on the team.

You didn't need to respond with all of that.

You already had the GOAT response earlier...

1/12

La Frescobaldi
01-30-2016, 12:15 PM
You didn't need to respond with all of that.

You already had the GOAT response earlier...

1/12

lol but no.

Jordan's 3rdball is one thing; Micku is one of the best posters on Ish.

LAZERUSS
01-30-2016, 12:18 PM
For those that may not know...

MJ came within two points of being labeled as 0/9. And in a series in which he was badly outplayed by Sidney Mongrief.

aceman
05-24-2020, 03:36 AM
Trio of MJ, Pip & either Rodman or Grant won 80% of games.
That dropped to 71% with Pippen taken out of trio.
Without Jordan but with other two it was 69%
Team with slightly better chance with Jordan rather Pippen here.

Soundwave
05-24-2020, 03:06 PM
It would have been interesting if Pippen was injured longer in 97-98, because the Bulls were on fire without him prior to his return they had gone 21-4 in their previous 25 games, which is a whopping 69 win rate.

Once Dennis got his head screwed on properly they were on fire.

They had moved back to the no.1 spot in the Eastern Conference by then and were the no.1 defence in the NBA at that point before Pippen came back to boot.

94 Jordan would be better than 98 Jordan, simply a lot younger.

aceman
05-24-2020, 05:01 PM
It would have been interesting if Pippen was injured longer in 97-98, because the Bulls were on fire without him prior to his return they had gone 21-4 in their previous 25 games, which is a whopping 69 win rate.

Once Dennis got his head screwed on properly they were on fire.

They had moved back to the no.1 spot in the Eastern Conference by then and were the no.1 defence in the NBA at that point before Pippen came back to boot.

94 Jordan would be better than 98 Jordan, simply a lot younger.

Don't get past pacers in 1998.
Bulls without Pippen had Kukoc who could provide missing qualities on offense. Pete Myers replaced Jordan in 1994 & was a good defender but not much on the other end.

Soundwave
05-24-2020, 06:34 PM
Don't get past pacers in 1998.
Bulls without Pippen had Kukoc who could provide missing qualities on offense. Pete Myers replaced Jordan in 1994 & was a good defender but not much on the other end.

You can say this for virtually any star player ... if you remove their 2nd best player they lose to team X/Y/Z in Conference Finals ... sure ok. Especially when the star player is 36 years old.

2ball
05-24-2020, 06:39 PM
MJ was already carrying the goat offensive load. It’s not inconceivable to believe that he simply could cover the gap of pippen’s absence. MJ is the GOAT volume shooter all he needs to do is increase his offensive production while maintaining the same percentages (which he already proved he could do)

AlternativeAcc.
05-24-2020, 06:45 PM
MJ was already carrying the goat offensive load. It’s not inconceivable to believe that he simply could cover the gap of pippen’s absence. MJ is the GOAT volume shooter all he needs to do is increase his offensive production while maintaining the same percentages (which he already proved he could do)

Hey welfare fan