PDA

View Full Version : Curry (now) or CP3 (peak)

Doctor K
01-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Whose the better player?
Whats the verdict here

PistonsFan#21
01-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Whose the better player?
Whats the verdict here

the one who won Finals MVP

JohnMax
01-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Deron Williams Has a 17-5 Career Record against CP3

Derrick Rose has never lost to Chris Paul in an NBA game..... (6-0)

SugarHill
01-29-2016, 07:29 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/drv8v.gif

Wade's Rings
01-29-2016, 07:30 PM

Stick to posting articles and news.

Doctor K
01-29-2016, 07:33 PM

wht does that have to do with CP3 vs. Curry?

TiagoSimoes
01-29-2016, 07:34 PM

you really didnt answer the question at all :lol

bizil
01-29-2016, 07:38 PM
I gotta roll with Steph. Peak or best player wise, the only PG's FOR SURE I would take over Steph are Magic and Big O. From there, I think Steph, Westbrook, and Isiah would round out my top 5 PG's peak-best player wise.

But CP3 is a top 10 PG GOAT and peak-best player wise. In the TOTAL PACKAGE sense (passing, scoring, defense), I think he's a top three PG of all time. Right there with Payton and Frazier. Even though Paul can dominate a game scoring, Steph is a more dominant scorer. And among the score first kind of PG's in today's game, Steph is the best floor general.

Inferno
01-29-2016, 07:40 PM
The one who's a proven winner

k0kakw0rld
01-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Both bums I guess :confusedshrug:

Micku
01-29-2016, 07:48 PM
I gotta roll with Steph. Peak or best player wise, the only PG's FOR SURE I would take over Steph are Magic and Big O. From there, I think Steph, Westbrook, and Isiah would round out my top 5 PG's peak-best player wise.

But CP3 is a top 10 PG GOAT and peak-best player wise. In the TOTAL PACKAGE sense (passing, scoring, defense), I think he's a top three PG of all time. Right there with Payton and Frazier. Even though Paul can dominate a game scoring, Steph is a more dominant scorer. And among the score first kind of PG's in today's game, Steph is the best floor general.

Pretty much.

I think Steph just evolved offensively to be one of the legends if he keep this up. CP3 at his peak was the total package as you mentioned. He is what you wanted for a point guard, but Curry allow different things.

Obviously Curry could take over the game when he wants to, but he does it so quick due to his shooting ability. He also doesn't have to hold the ball for too long. He could play SG type of role because of his amazing off the ball skills. This allow other players to have the ball, and it doesn't affect the team offense. Sometimes it seems if CP3 doesn't hold the ball, then the offense fails. But that could be just the team than the actual player.

I do think CP3 is a better passer and better defender. And on paper, it seems like he could be better point guard, but Steph ability to score from anywhere and the way it doesn't allow him to break the team offense is too overwhelming. Especially this year.

bizil
01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Pretty much.

I think Steph just evolved offensively to be one of the legends if he keep this up. CP3 at his peak was the total package as you mentioned. He is what you wanted for a point guard, but Curry allow different things.

Obviously Curry could take over the game when he wants to, but he does it so quick due to his shooting ability. He also doesn't have to hold the ball for too long. He could play SG type of role because of his amazing off the ball skills. This allow other players to have the ball, and it doesn't affect the team offense. Sometimes it seems if CP3 doesn't hold the ball, then the offense fails. But that could be just the team than the actual player.

I do think CP3 is a better passer and better defender. And on paper, it seems like he could be better point guard, but Steph ability to score from anywhere and the way it doesn't allow him to break the team offense is too overwhelming. Especially this year.

Great points! In this era, we are seeing PG's who are more like combo guards or small SG's. BUT they have enough skills to be very good-great passers. And of course their handles are OFF THE CHART! Guards like AI and Monta Ellis EVENTUALLY moved to the SG position because of the scoring ability AND MENTALITY. In this era, guys like Steph, Lillard, Irving, and Westbrook are staying at the PG for their primary positions.

If Steph was 6'5, he would have been an SG. I think he would have been VERY SIMILAR to Pistol Pete! Which is a great scorer who can ALSO be a great and stylish passing SG. If CP3 was 6'5, he would still be a PG. Because he's a pass first player who's a true floor general-QB. They are two different YET great PG's.

T_L_P
01-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Paul is one of my favourite players, but it's Curry - by far.

He's having the best offensive season of all-time right now.

R.I.P.
01-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Whose the better player?
Whats the verdict here

:oldlol:

Thechosen1
01-29-2016, 08:22 PM
we never really saw a true peak cp3...so easily cp3...his ceiling without knee injuries is not even human

FKAri
01-29-2016, 08:50 PM
If I want to drag my crappy team to the playoffs I take CP. If I want to make my treadmill team into a contender I take Curry.

dhsilv
01-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Whose the better player?
Whats the verdict here

This year Curry is in the debate for best season EVER. I rank CP3's 08 and 09 seasons as the gold standard of point guard seasons, and last year's was WAY up there. Magic clearly had a bunch of other worldly seasons as well. But MJ, wilt, and Kareem don't have seasons that are clearly better than this year from Curry.

dhsilv
01-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Great points! In this era, we are seeing PG's who are more like combo guards or small SG's. BUT they have enough skills to be very good-great passers. And of course their handles are OFF THE CHART! Guards like AI and Monta Ellis EVENTUALLY moved to the SG position because of the scoring ability AND MENTALITY. In this era, guys like Steph, Lillard, Irving, and Westbrook are staying at the PG for their primary positions.

If Steph was 6'5, he would have been an SG. I think he would have been VERY SIMILAR to Pistol Pete! Which is a great scorer who can ALSO be a great and stylish passing SG. If CP3 was 6'5, he would still be a PG. Because he's a pass first player who's a true floor general-QB. They are two different YET great PG's.

I think Curry's passing and playmaking ability is a bit under valued. I wouldn't have said that 3 years ago, but he's really impressed me with his passing and play making ability. He's no stockton, but next to guys like Skiles and Price...

HenryGarfunkle
01-29-2016, 09:20 PM
The one who's a proven winner
Still didn't answer the question.

The one without a baby face.

bizil
01-29-2016, 09:32 PM
I think Curry's passing and playmaking ability is a bit under valued. I wouldn't have said that 3 years ago, but he's really impressed me with his passing and play making ability. He's no stockton, but next to guys like Skiles and Price...

I agree! Steph has improved his passing-playmaking within the last three years. Due to the fact he's a score first PG, he's not like a Stockton, Magic, CP3, etc. passing wise. BUT among score first PG's, he's the best passer of that bunch. When it comes to FLASHY PASSES, Steph is arguably the best in the league. That's why in many ways he reminds of a smaller version of Pistol Pete.

SwishSquared
01-29-2016, 09:40 PM
Curry now tops CP3's best seasons. I do buy an argument that maybe there was another iteration of CP3 that we were robbed of by the knee injury, but there's no way to know. Curry's current season trumps Paul's best work.