PDA

View Full Version : Jay Williams: "I wanted to get a bat & bash Kevin Love's legs in"

JohnMax
01-29-2016, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8-MUKH7vkU&t=23m46s

stalkerforlife
01-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Damn.

Love owns this cat.

And I like Jay.

stalkerforlife
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Love made this dude want to commit suicide.

Shit man, that's sad.

CurryOverLebron
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
In 2008, Williams was representing Ceruzzi Sports and Entertainment, a company that essentially bribed a California AAU coach named Pat Barrett $250,000 to gain access to players he had an influence over. Barrett previously coached Kevin Love, and wanted to introduce the UCLA power forward to Williams.

A bombshell Yahoo! Sports piece back in 2009 quoted Love’s reaction to the offer to meet with Williams, and it wasn’t pretty:

“If I was going with an agent, why would I ever go with a guy who, no offense, but he crashed a motorcycle into a tree. I’m not going to go with a guy that’s reckless.”

http://www.bigplay.com/kevin-loves-harsh-words-led-to-jay-williams-suicide-attempt/

stalkerforlife
01-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Jay could've been a star.

It's a shame; he was reckless.

sammichoffate
01-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Kevin Love's a POS, jesus

tmacattack33
01-30-2016, 12:19 AM

It sounds worse now that we know how much it affected Williams.

It wasn't a cool thing to do obviously though, and it was an obvious betrayal and diss of someone who thought he was cool with you, but its something that I would say 80% of college kids do (talk about someone behind their back)....the only difference being these guys were on a public stage

tmacattack33
01-30-2016, 12:21 AM
At the 20 minute mark he talks about dudes on that Bulls team being high during games. And it is kinda funny actually..."do you smell popcorn?" :oldlol:

plowking
01-30-2016, 12:23 AM

I thought it was well known that Love was extremely arrogant and cocky as soon as he came into the league, and even in college.
As he should though. Not a big deal. You're a star college recruit who ended up being a star NBA player.

Rocketswin2013
01-30-2016, 12:24 AM
I thought it was well known that Love was extremely arrogant and cocky as soon as he came into the league, and even in college.
As he should though. Not a big deal. You're a star college recruit who ended up being a star NBA player.
people don't understand what success does to people.

look at Curry this year. there is a certain level of awesome that makes a bit of arrogance inevitable.

Cocaine80s
01-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Luckily Bron humbled the little boy