PDA

View Full Version : I'm in on Blake for Melo

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 07:24 AM
I'm warming up to the idea of trading Blake for Melo.

Carmelo literally fits perfectly in our stretch-4 friendly offense, and Mbah Moute can defend 4s on defense if necessary.

PG: Paul/Rivers/Prigs
SG: Redick/Afflalo
SF: Mbah Moute/Wesley/Lance
PF: Carmelo/Pierce
C: DeAndre/Aldrich

That squad fits together so well and is deep as f*ck. Blake's my guy, but I think this team could go all the way.

Melo going at Draymond and taking him to the perimeter? F*ck yeah.

We'd finally have a wing scorer that can make KD work on defense. Same for Kawhi...he wouldn't be able to switch onto Paul.

I might be sounding optimistic, but I really like how the team would look and fit.

stalkerforlife
01-30-2016, 07:25 AM
:roll:

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 07:26 AM

How are the donations going?

stalkerforlife
01-30-2016, 07:27 AM
How are the donations going?

Better than your basketball acumen. :roll:

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Better than your basketball acumen. :roll:

Why don't you make a video about it? Maybe you could crack triple digit views.

stalkerforlife
01-30-2016, 07:31 AM
Why don't you make a video about it. Maybe you could crack triple digit views.

Blake gets hurt and you immediately want to trade him...for a player that could go down at any moment with a career ending injury; a player that is worse than BG; a player that will make your team worse.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 07:32 AM
Blake gets hurt and you immediately want to trade him...for a player that could go down at any moment with a career ending injury; a player that is worse than BG; a player that will make your team worse.

I appreciate your input.

stalkerforlife
01-30-2016, 07:33 AM
I appreciate your input.

WTF is wrong with you? :roll:

zeerghit
01-30-2016, 07:37 AM
WTF is wrong with you? :roll:
and wtf is wrong with you?

stalkerforlife
01-30-2016, 07:41 AM
and wtf is wrong with you?

A lot.

alenleomessi
01-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Blake went from a guy that 'the clippers would only trade for lebron' to a guy getting thrown in carmelo, gallinari, bradley trade ideas..

why? because he punched some guy that probably deserved it and the clippers won some games against shit teams without him..

this forum is the worst place on the internet and clippers fans dont deserve a team

kurple
01-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Blake went from a guy that 'the clippers would only trade for lebron' to a guy getting thrown in carmelo, gallinari, bradley trade ideas..

why? because he punched some guy that probably deserved it and the clippers won some games against shit teams without him..

this forum is the worst place on the internet and clippers fans dont deserve a team
The fact that he assaulted an team employee and the fact that they went 13-1 without Blake.. Maybe he's not worth the trouble

So yeah. Pretty much

raprap
01-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Not bad from the Clips pov.

golden24boy
01-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Clippers fans logic :hammerhead: trade your only good young allstar for injury prone vet :facepalm

Im Still Ballin
01-30-2016, 11:08 AM
I mean, the Clippers did have the best offense last season, they should have made the conference finals, and who knows how good they could have played Golden State. They were probably the 2nd or 3rd best team last year.

If you look at the stats, Melo really isn't that far off Blake's stats in terms of scoring, efficiency, rebounding and passing. All considering, Melo has had a down year.

I think if you can snag Melo + a quality 3/4 defender, that would be a better fit, but Melo is 31 compared to Blakes 26... But I think the Clipper window might fade irrelevant of Blake when CP starts to fade.

Fire Colangelo
01-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Really? You'd do that trade up front?

You're gonna have two players on the wrong side of 30 as your franchise cornerstones... One injury and you're done for.

imnew09
01-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Lol always knew LoneyRoy was a dumb a$$ but didnt know he was this ret@rded... Melo is on the verge of hjs career while Blake is still peaking. So trading his francise player for Injured old Melo? :lol :lol

Fken dumb a$$

navy
01-30-2016, 12:40 PM
If Melo was 3 years younger then yeah.

Im baffled how people forgot how dominant Blake was last year especially in the playoffs.

MellowYellow
01-30-2016, 12:52 PM
wow wtf cares if you are in on that?? the only ones who matter are melo and knicks fo, neither of whom would be in on this trade proposal.

SwishSquared
01-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Blake's better than Melo. In fact, Knicks win that trade, even with BG's FA looming in 2017 potentially. If you want to bring in stud FAs, showcasing BG & Porzingis is a great way to do it. Even if KP needs to add some strength to be a better/tougher paint defender

Also, swapping out Melo for BG would expose the Clippers more imo, injury concerns aside. BG is better at switching defensively.

Haven't the Clippers lost all 3 games to opponents with winning records since BG went down?

If you're trading Blake, you need to get back a combo F who has a J with range, draws fouls, ISO, and play competent enough D + you need to get at least 2 perimeter defenders who can shoot.

I've proposed this trade scenario before, but Clippers need to send out Lance/Wilcox/Griffin in exchange for Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Gallinari, and 1 more wing (preferably Barton). Denver gets the unprotected Brooklyn pick and 1 more first rounder (maybe Clippers get Boston's pick whereas Denver gets the LAC 1st rounder). Denver, if they do this trade, would basically have 2 of the bottom 5 picks in the league. It's a longshot, but that's decent odds at one of Simmons/Ingram.

Denver would be the one to potentially say no imo, but I think Boston would pay the price for a guy who arguably was the 3rd best player in the last playoffs. Would completely remake the Clippers as a smallball team with plenty wings and perimeter D. Their bench would get a huge upgrade with Bradley & Barton leading the unit.

Fire Colangelo
01-30-2016, 02:12 PM
wow wtf cares if you are in on that?? the only ones who matter are melo and knicks fo, neither of whom would be in on this trade proposal.

Wtf lol :roll: :roll:

You jump on that shit ASAP if you're the Knicks. I like Melo as much as the next guy but you're trading a 31 year old declining star for a 26 year old that just entered his prime.

MellowYellow
01-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Wtf lol :roll: :roll:

You jump on that shit ASAP if you're the Knicks. I like Melo as much as the next guy but you're trading a 31 year old declining star for a 26 year old that just entered his prime.
Blake will have a much steeper decline and melo will still be good for the rest of his contract plus he's a better fit than Blake for the knicks. Also Blake can bounce after next year so what good is him being younger plus you destroy any chance of playoffs this year with Blake out till march
Knicks 0-6 without melo clips 13-3 without blake

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 02:34 PM
tfw your roster is so bad that Mbah a Moute is a starter

imdaman99
01-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Melo has been playing good defense this year too. I know he's struggled in the playoffs, but he's never had someone like CP3 setting him up. Having CP3 get him open looks brings us back to his all star/ olympic level playing, in those he's been very efficient and good. He played a lot of 4 in the '13 season, and that was one of his best.

I'm not selling him up because I want Blake. I don't think I want him. Is he good? Hell yes he is, I just can't figure out why I don't want him :oldlol:

MellowYellow
01-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Melo has been playing good defense this year too. I know he's struggled in the playoffs, but he's never had someone like CP3 setting him up. Having CP3 get him open looks brings us back to his all star/ olympic level playing, in those he's been very efficient and good. He played a lot of 4 in the '13 season, and that was one of his best.

I'm not selling him up because I want Blake. I don't think I want him. Is he good? Hell yes he is, I just can't figure out why I don't want him :oldlol:
How about his entire game is predicated on athleticism so he will fall off like josh smith in late 20s early 30s plus would you pay him 30m a year after next season

knickballer
01-30-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't think Blake would be a good fit next to Zingus Khan and obviously the team is going to build around the Khan.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Assuming this trade happened, do you honestly think we're beating the Warriors or Spurs with...Melo?

Griffin is actually a better fit. IMO you're just hooked on the fact we finally get a wing that's SOMEWHAT competent :lol

Fire Colangelo
01-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Blake will have a much steeper decline and melo will still be good for the rest of his contract plus he's a better fit than Blake for the knicks. Also Blake can bounce after next year so what good is him being younger plus you destroy any chance of playoffs this year with Blake out till march
Knicks 0-6 without melo clips 13-3 without blake

It's not like the Knicks are doing anything with Melo anyways, the playoffs maybe? But you won't be making much noise there.

You guys aren't championship contenders, I would care less about fit if I were the Knicks atm. I'd try to get the best player/best value available through a trade and Blake has SO MUCH more value than Melo.

Obviously I don't see the Clippers going for Melo just because... they'd be dumbasses to do a Griffin/Melo swap.

Darius
01-30-2016, 03:15 PM

This.

Sarcastic
01-30-2016, 03:41 PM
I'd love to see Melo finally getting to play with CP3. You'd get Olympic version Melo. I think they'd do damage in the playoffs.

If I'm Phil Jackson though, I'd try to get a third team involved to get some draft picks. Not that I'm not a fan of Blake or don't want him, but I'd rather get a young player to line up with Porzingis' time line. Imagine if the Knicks got someone like Ingram to go with Kristaps? :pimp:

navy
01-30-2016, 03:49 PM
I'd love to see Melo finally getting to play with CP3. You'd get Olympic version Melo. I think they'd do damage in the playoffs.

If I'm Phil Jackson though, I'd try to get a third team involved to get some draft picks. Not that I'm not a fan of Blake or don't want him, but I'd rather get a young player to line up with Porzingis' time line. Imagine if the Knicks got someone like Ingram to go with Kristaps? :pimp:
Damage in the playoffs? They will lose in the 2nd round.

Sarcastic
01-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Damage in the playoffs? They will lose in the 2nd round.

If you're so certain Spurs and Warriors will be in WCF, you should bet your entire life savings.

SwishSquared
01-30-2016, 04:00 PM

this forum is the worst place on the internet and clippers fans dont deserve a teamIf you trade Griffin, it's because you want to keep Jordan and revamp your playstyle. In the event you keep Jordan & CP3, you're committing to playing small. That's why people brought up Gallo, Crowder, etc.

Blake was arguably the 3rd best player in the postseason last year and people are sleeping on that. He'd require a huge haul in return and Doc will only want immediate impact guys. That's why people are throwing around 3&D wings and combo Fs in fake trades.

Legends66NBA7
01-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Knicks would have a top heavy loaded frontcourt compared to a more versatile loaded frontcourt.

But who knows, maybe Blake is what they need to finally figure it out and make a Top 2-4 seed.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 04:06 PM
Y'all know Blake's my favorite player, so idealistically I wouldn't want him traded...but just looking at how we've been playing lately, I could just see Melo fitting in seamlessly.

Would it be a good move long-term? Considering that I think Blake will get better...no, it likely wouldn't be. But I made this thread looking specifically at a win-now scenario for the Clippers.

And, New York is my second home, so I wouldn't hate seeing Blake on the Knicks with Porzy anyways.

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2016, 04:09 PM
No trade clause in Melo's contract so it really doesn't matter what anybody thinks, he gets to decide if he's traded or not. He doesn't want to leave NY either so that is that.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 04:12 PM
No trade clause in Melo's contract so it really doesn't matter what anybody thinks, he gets to decide if he's traded or not. He doesn't want to leave NY either so that is that.

You don't think he would waive it to play with Paul in Los Angeles and have his first legitimate shot on a contender?

dubeta
01-30-2016, 04:14 PM
You don't think he would waive it to play with Paul in Los Angeles and have his first legitimate shot on a contender?

You think Melo wants to turn into a spot-up shooter playing Paul Ball?? :facepalm

Smoke117
01-30-2016, 04:16 PM
You want to trade Griffin for melo?...you're an idiot.

navy
01-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Clippers would only be contenders if Melo and Griffin both were on the Clippers. Not a swap.

TheMarkMadsen
01-30-2016, 04:22 PM

in what world are the Clippers legitimate contenders when they play in the same conference as the Warriors and Spurs. Removing Blake and adding Melo doesn't make them better than GS or SA.

Melo would be better off waiting to see what Phil can do with the cap space he'll have this off-season, better chance of striking it big in FA and building a finals contender out east than it is to beat the Warriors and or Spurs in the playoffs

Sarcastic
01-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Melo played his best ever as a stretch 4 in 2013. He'd fit that role like a glove with the Clippers.

He's also playing extremely focused this year as well. Defense is very improved, and he's passing better than he ever has.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Melo played his best ever as a stretch 4 in 2013. He'd fit that role like a glove with the Clippers.

He's also playing extremely focused this year as well. Defense is very improved, and he's passing better than he ever has.

This is my whole point. It's all about the fit.

smoovegittar
01-30-2016, 04:43 PM
I mean, ok - it's all about scenarios up in here. But Melo would sneer at this proposal. Dude's bought in, playing great all-around ball for the first time in his career. Jax plan moving ahead of schedule; you think this cat wants to go play anywhere else? Blake has nothing to offer us except really bad press.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 05:14 PM
I mean, ok - it's all about scenarios up in here. But Melo would sneer at this proposal. Dude's bought in, playing great all-around ball for the first time in his career. Jax plan moving ahead of schedule; you think this cat wants to go play anywhere else? Blake has nothing to offer us except really bad press.

Yeah, just a 26 year old averaging 23/9/5 on 51 percent and was arguably the best PF in basketball before he injured his quad. Nothing at all.

SwishSquared
01-30-2016, 05:19 PM
This is my whole point. It's all about the fit.You'd be better off getting Bradley, Crowder, and Gallo than just Melo. Have Boston send that Brooklyn pick to Denver.

Teanett
01-30-2016, 05:22 PM

i think he has a better shot at winning a ring with a fully developed beast Unicorn and another star in a couple of years than trying to beat the Warriors/Spurs and Cleveland with Chris Paul and JJ Reddick now.

clipps
01-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Dumb idea from OP. You don't trade Blake unless you're getting KD, Curry, LeBron, or Davis. Melo is an old, injury prone vet.

smoovegittar
01-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Yeah, just a 26 year old averaging 23/9/5 on 51 percent and was arguably the best PF in basketball before he injured his quad. Nothing at all.

Not impressed with Blake; never have been. He doesn't measure up to Carmelo in my eyes.

senelcoolidge
01-30-2016, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't trade Blake. I'd actually trade CP3 before Blake. One CP3 is not in his prime, still very very good and has very high value. You can get a lot for a guy like Chris Paul. Another very good point guard. The offense can run fine through Blake it has in the past. You can get quality pieces for CP3. Also this gives you a chance to get rid of Paul's black coach only rule, so Doc would be out or allowed to only keep one job. Old guys like Crawford and Pierce could go for younger talent. Sure the Clippers wouldn't be title contenders, but they would be a playoff team with future title aspirations ahead of the curve when it comes to young teams.

Cocaine80s
01-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Love+JR for Blake+Redick

Take it or leave it

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 07:41 PM
Not impressed with Blake; never have been. He doesn't measure up to Carmelo in my eyes.

I'm sorry, but that's just straight laughable to me.

Clifton
01-30-2016, 08:01 PM
He's no going to get traded, but I would like to see this.

Isn't Melo married to an actress? It'd be hard for him to get out of NY... unless it would be to go to LA.

Melo would fit better on the Clips than Blake does. Blake, at his best, should be a ball-dominant player. A distributor and scorer, a #1 option. With the rest of the Clippers roster there's no room for that, so he just hits pick and pops and dunks off Paul's lobs. He's good at that too, but there's a reason the whole less less than the sum of the parts with this team.

Melo doesn't want to hold onto the ball or distribute. He wants to score, and quickly. That fits right in with what the Clippers do. Quick triggers like Reddick and Melo and a lob machine with Jordan (it would be better to only have one).

The Clips hi-lo game is nice, but hi-lo isn't an optimal NBA strategy anymore with pace and space. It doesn't open up the 3 ball, and it clogs the lane.

Also Blake and Porzingis would be a great duo. Complement each other perfectly. They could be PF and C against most teams, and would wreck people. Griff with the paint all to himself on offense? Are you kidding?

Would love to see this trade, but again it won't happen.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 08:13 PM
He's no going to get traded, but I would like to see this.

Isn't Melo married to an actress? It'd be hard for him to get out of NY... unless it would be to go to LA.

Melo would fit better on the Clips than Blake does. Blake, at his best, should be a ball-dominant player. A distributor and scorer, a #1 option. With the rest of the Clippers roster there's no room for that, so he just hits pick and pops and dunks off Paul's lobs. He's good at that too, but there's a reason the whole less less than the sum of the parts with this team.

Melo doesn't want to hold onto the ball or distribute. He wants to score, and quickly. That fits right in with what the Clippers do. Quick triggers like Reddick and Melo and a lob machine with Jordan (it would be better to only have one).

The Clips hi-lo game is nice, but hi-lo isn't an optimal NBA strategy anymore with pace and space. It doesn't open up the 3 ball, and it clogs the lane.

Also Blake and Porzingis would be a great duo. Complement each other perfectly. They could be PF and C against most teams, and would wreck people. Griff with the paint all to himself on offense? Are you kidding?

Would love to see this trade, but again it won't happen.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees how fantastic a fit this would be for both teams. :cheers:

Fiasco
01-30-2016, 08:23 PM
You're better than this, Loney.

coin24
01-30-2016, 08:25 PM

+1:applause:

Smoke117
01-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Why would you trade a guy away who is 26 and better for a guy who is 31 and only getting worse? You say Melo would be a better fit...but who cares...The Clippers aren't beating the Warriors or Spurs either way.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 08:27 PM
You're better than this, Loney.

Nah, I'm not. :lol

I'm just frustrated that Blake is out for possibly 2 more f*cking months tbh.

MellowYellow
01-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Why would you trade a guy away who is 26 and better for a guy who is 31 and only getting worse? You say Melo would be a better fit...but who cares...The Clippers aren't beating the Warriors or Spurs either way.
If getting worse is putting 22 8 and 4 while playing best d of his career

SwishSquared
01-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Love+JR for Blake+Redick

Take it or leave itLeBron would send Love/JR on his personal jet to get them to LAX.

bluechox2
01-30-2016, 08:56 PM
blake needs a pg to be effective and if you look at the knicks..well..

melo the only thing keeping us afloat with his next level passing

no doubt he would make the clips instant contendors...that being said, hes worth more than blake to us

to all the stat whores who dont watch games...melo is literally in his prime right now...his defense is like number 2 or 3 in the league individually

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 09:04 PM

no doubt he would make the clips instant contendors...that being said, hes worth more than blake to us

to all the stat whores who dont watch games...melo is literally in his prime right now...his defense is like number 2 or 3 in the league individually

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Blake functions significantly better as the main/semi-main distributor on the team and that's been highlighted many times by how much better he tends to perform when Paul is out of the line-up.

Most recent example: He averaged 30/14/9 on 52 percent in the 2 games Paul didn't play against the Rockets in the playoffs.

Rocketswin2013
01-30-2016, 09:05 PM

i think he's actually better when he creates by himself. he's done it enough to say that.

edit: post above said it better

Sarcastic
01-30-2016, 09:16 PM

Blake doesn't need a PG to be effective. He killed it last year when CP3 was out, and running with Austin Rivers.

A front line of Blake and Porzingis would be insane for the next few years. Plus that would be VERY VERY attractive for free agents. Imagine Durant of Westbrook decided to join that duo...:bowdown:

Smoke117
01-30-2016, 09:20 PM
If getting worse is putting 22 8 and 4 while playing best d of his career

That's not really saying much...everybody seems to confuse actually trying with being an impact defender...he isn't...he's just not useless now in that regard. His defense isn't worth nothing except to say that he's actually playing some now.

HoopSuperstar
01-30-2016, 10:26 PM
I like Porzingis at the PF spot just like D.Nowitzki, Blake would change that.

LoneyROY7
01-30-2016, 10:30 PM

Wouldn't change the way he played on offense at all. Blake's at his best when he's attacking the paint, and that would allow Porzingis to operate on the perimeter.

As far as defense, he's already a very good defender, and that would be highlighted even more as a center and primary rim protector.

Sarcastic
01-30-2016, 10:42 PM

Porzingis' defense is too good to keep him at pf. He'll be a center once he's able to keep the weight on. He's 7'3" for goodness sakes.

He's gonna be the first stretch 5, and change the way we view centers.

ALBballer
01-30-2016, 10:44 PM

Knicks do the deal in a heartbeat. Melo is 31 years old and Porzingis is the future of the team. By the time PorIngis enters his prime Melo will be on the verge of retirement and Blake will still be around 30.

HoopSuperstar
01-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Porzingis' defense is too good to keep him at pf. He'll be a center once he's able to keep the weight on. He's 7'3" for goodness sakes.

He's gonna be the first stretch 5, and change the way we view centers.

Maybe, you're right guys after all NBA centers are not what they used to be.
No Shaq, D.Robinson etc.

Teanett
01-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Knicks are 0-6 without Melo.
Clips are 13-4 without Blake.

and Melo is the lesser player?
:rolleyes:

smoovegittar
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=ALBballer]Knicks do the deal in a heartbeat.

The only part of this I disagree with. Blake's a great player, but a distraction. NY's had enough of THAT.

It'd be nice if someone offered up a trade scenario which makes the Knicks get better. :rolleyes:

smoovegittar
01-31-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry, but that's just straight laughable to me.
No apologies necessary; all good. We're all entitled -

Jameerthefear
01-31-2016, 01:17 PM
lol stop. the knicks do this deal so fast our heads would spin. anyone who disagrees is a moron

smoovegittar
01-31-2016, 01:20 PM
lol stop. the knicks do this deal so fast our heads would spin. anyone who disagrees is a moron

What little you know. Hit us up when the deal gets done, Captain Obvious.

Jameerthefear
01-31-2016, 01:27 PM
No, it's you that knows nothing. Blake is a far superior player to Melo and is 4-5 years younger.

smoovegittar
01-31-2016, 01:53 PM
No, it's you that knows nothing. Blake is a far superior player to Melo and is 4-5 years younger.

Yeah, it's all about opinions. You'd be in the minority here.

BTW, that's not saying I think Blake won't improve. I just don't like the kid.

Jameerthefear
01-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's all about opinions. You'd be in the minority here.

BTW, that's not saying I think Blake won't improve. I just don't like the kid.
No I wouldn't. The majority of people and Knicks fans would do this deal

smoovegittar
01-31-2016, 02:04 PM
Yeah... I also hear how most Knick fans booed the 4th pick in the draft as well.

I'll give you props when the deal gets done. Jax knows who he'd rather have.

MellowYellow
01-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Most Knicks fans are stupid

bluechox2
01-31-2016, 03:59 PM
melo to the clips would make them instant chip contenders...no thankyou

FKAri
01-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Both teams get worse.