PDA

View Full Version : Coach Lue > Blatt

nba_55
01-31-2016, 12:46 AM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/wh53djgwczz9gj2dulum.jpg

Phantom84
01-31-2016, 12:54 AM
More like Coach Lebron > Coach Blatt.

Gus Hemmingway
01-31-2016, 12:58 AM
Lue's system stays flourishing. Maximizing the teams talents, pushing the tempo with Kyrie n Lebron, funneling the offense through Love in halfcourt, substituting flawlessly, rotations on point.

LeGM executed perfectly

nba_55
01-31-2016, 01:02 AM
Lue's system stays flourishing. Maximizing the teams talents, pushing the tempo with Kyrie n Lebron, funneling the offense through Love in halfcourt, substituting flawlessly, rotations on point.

LeGM executed perfectly

Well said. Uptempo offense gives more possessions ----> more shots for Love. Also, Lebron and Kyrie are some of the best transition players.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 01:04 AM

LeGM executed perfectly

This

Well said. Uptempo offense gives more possessions ----> more shots for Love. Also, Lebron and Kyrie are some of the best transition players.

This

tpols
01-31-2016, 01:12 AM
what it comes down to is blatt was too pasty, and bland to command the attention of guys like lebron kyrie jr tristan etc. They needed a guy that they can relate to more, that played in the league and has the experience to speak up on things. Blatt had a much better bball mind but lue can connect to the players better.. this will bite them in the end though. Lue is basically an avery johnson.

nba_55
01-31-2016, 01:15 AM
what it comes down to is blatt was too pasty, and bland to command the attention of guys like lebron kyrie jr tristan etc. They needed a guy that they can relate to more, that played in the league and has the experience to speak up on things. Blatt had a much better bball mind but lue can connect to the players better.. this will bite them in the end though. Lue is basically an avery johnson.

And you are making this statement based on what exactly?

Black and White
01-31-2016, 01:19 AM
I will wait till the playoffs to judge Lue. I still think Blatt is the better coach and will do well on a number of teams, just not the right fit in Cleveland.

navy
01-31-2016, 01:20 AM
Too early to tell. But his rotations are better than Blatts

Gus Hemmingway
01-31-2016, 01:25 AM

Nah, Lou's done his time for the past 6 years, 4yr FO with Celtics, 2yr Assistant Clippers, 1.5yr Assistant Cavs

Avery went right from an assistant to head coach in only 6 months after Don Nelson resigned

tpols
01-31-2016, 01:26 AM
I remember you, or some kobetards making fun of me when I told them that the Cavs would beat the Spurs. And that they were the same level as San Antonio. They are better than San Antonio.

So he's much like Steve Kerr?

you might need to check it again.. because i never said shit about tonight.. which is hilarious.. missing duncan.. wish there was a way we could put money on it. they will need to beat GS first so the matchup is not likely to happen anyway but still

jlip
01-31-2016, 01:30 AM
Too early to tell. But his rotations are better than Blatts

This

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-31-2016, 01:30 AM
And you are making this statement based on what exactly?

What are YOU basing your statement on?

Blatt actually took his team to the finals, while Lue has looked pretty good in a few regular-season games. :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 01:38 AM
Nah, Lou's done his time for the past 6 years, 4yr FO with Celtics, 2yr Assistant Clippers, 1.5yr Assistant Cavs

Avery went right from an assistant to head coach in only 6 months after Don Nelson resigned

He learned from some of the best Coaches in the NBA. The guy is a good listener, and that makes him a good coach IMO.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA

nba_55
01-31-2016, 01:47 AM
What are YOU basing your statement on?

Blatt actually took his team to the finals, while Lue has looked pretty good in a few regular-season games. :confusedshrug:

On the fact that he used Love properly after 2 games, something Blatt couldn't do for 1 and half year. Also, Lue will take Cavaliers to the finals.

tmacattack33
01-31-2016, 01:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor

Cleveland is currently 28th in pace, with 95 possessions per game.

I'm pretty sure that number is around 100 with Lue in there, and I'm sure Cleveland will be moving up that list over the next 40 games.

And last year Cleveland was 25th, with 94.8 possessions.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor/year/2015

LongLiveTheKing
01-31-2016, 02:30 AM
Cleveland's offense under Blatt was ugly compared to Lue's. Cavs seem more fluid now

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 02:41 AM
Cleveland's offense under Blatt was ugly compared to Lue's. Cavs seem more fluid now

I agree.

FLDFSU
01-31-2016, 02:51 AM

You know this how? Racist much?

Hittin_Shots
01-31-2016, 06:41 AM
You know this how? Racist much?
You know he didn't how? Racist much?

Uncle Drew
01-31-2016, 06:43 AM
Best coach in Cavaliers history.

DCL
01-31-2016, 06:58 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kVURsD_u--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/1310344745023321669.jpg

feyki
01-31-2016, 07:10 AM
d.d.d

Prime_Shaq
01-31-2016, 08:09 AM
On the fact that he used Love properly after 2 games, something Blatt couldn't do for 1 and half year. Also, Lue will take Cavaliers to the finals.
So did Blatt

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-31-2016, 08:09 AM
On the fact that he used Love properly after 2 games

So a 2 game sample.

Gotcha

DukeDelonte13
01-31-2016, 09:27 AM
I think everyone within the org especially the players LIKE Lue more.

It's not as if Blatt was asking Lebron to dribble down the clock and take contested fade away 3's. The players just didn't buy in.

Local media hated Blatt as well, and the sentiment creeped to some of the national guys.

Blatt just could not command the respect of the locker room. It's a shame, because i think of the players would have bought in the Cavs could really unlock their full potential.

Despite the warts Blatt really did a good job in the playoffs last season, and the cavs played extremely well.

Clifton
01-31-2016, 10:06 AM
If this is what he's doing (I haven't watched), then he's doing a great job.

This is exactly right. Love is a halfcourt wizard, and Bron is the best open-court player since Magic Johnson. And nobody except Curry and Westbrook is better at attacking a vulnerable defense early in the shot clock than Irving.

You need a multi-pronged attack on offense. Blatt didn't seem to have any real ideas of what to do with his team.

Transition: Push with Lebron (on a Love outlet)
Early in shot clock: Challenge the defense with Kyrie
Halfcourt sets: Love is brilliant passing from the top and the post, also can score on post ups
Bailout: Kyrie again

This is what I would do if I were handed this job. Xs and Os and real-game situations are tough of course (easy for me to talk as a guy just watching on TV), but I feel like any experienced coach should be able to figure that out.

It's also good that all 3 all-stars are being used. If you have no plan, someone is going to get alienated from the offense (Love in this case). That's no good; you've got 3 all stars with totally different things they bring to the table. That's a gift if you're a coach.

dhsilv
01-31-2016, 10:20 AM
The first 15-20 games after a coaching change should be ignored. We'll talk at the end of the year.

It would be shocking however if Lue is 1/100th the coach blatt is but who knows. Weird stuff happens.

tontoz
01-31-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't know what Lue is like as a coach but i do know he has always been well liked/respected among the players around the league.

Spaulding
01-31-2016, 10:31 AM
I will wait till the playoffs to judge Lue. I still think Blatt is the better coach and will do well on a number of teams, just not the right fit in Cleveland.

This. Casual fans are overreacting. Lue needs at least half a season under his belt before anyone starts praising him.

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 10:51 AM
I remember you, or some kobetards making fun of me when I told them that the Cavs would beat the Spurs. And that they were the same level as San Antonio. They are better than San Antonio.

So he's much like Steve Kerr?
:oldlol: You played the Spurs without Duncan. **** off. This Cavs team is like the 4th best in the league. And Lebron is like the 5th best player in the game right now.

Spaulding
01-31-2016, 10:54 AM
:oldlol: You played the Spurs without Duncan. **** off. This Cavs team is like the 4th best in the league. And Lebron is like the 5th best player in the game right now.

Can't disagree with Cavs being argued that they are 4th best. I think they are 3rd best personally.

However saying lebron is 5th best player....that's just a sad troll attempt. He's top 3 easy

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Can't disagree with Cavs being argued that they are 4th best. I think they are 3rd best personally.

However saying lebron is 5th best player....that's just a sad troll attempt. He's top 3 easy
He's not better than Curry, Westbrook, Durant, or Kawhi this season.

lilteapot
01-31-2016, 11:02 AM
He's not better than Curry, Westbrook, Durant, or Kawhi this season.
He's better than Westbrook and Durant. He owned them in their matchup earlier this season.

DMV2
01-31-2016, 11:03 AM
4-5 games in and we got people saying Lue is better already. :oldlol:

let's see how he does in a playoff series where he'll actually do some real coaching and adjustments.

I mean going to the Finals your first season and having the best record in your conference the following season midway through is pretty damn good. I know you can argue that Mike Brown also had two 66-win seasons too but he got exposed in the playoffs. Blatt hasn't yet, so we also can't say he's another Mike Brown either.

So based on a 1 and a half season run, I'd say Blatt was a good coach. Championship caliber? unfortunately we'll never know until he gets to coach another championship-caliber team.

Grey Dawn
01-31-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah cuz they had a horrible record before this 4-1...:rolleyes:

Gus Hemmingway
01-31-2016, 04:17 PM
If this is what he's doing (I haven't watched), then he's doing a great job.

This is exactly right. Love is a halfcourt wizard, and Bron is the best open-court player since Magic Johnson. And nobody except Curry and Westbrook is better at attacking a vulnerable defense early in the shot clock than Irving.

You need a multi-pronged attack on offense. Blatt didn't seem to have any real ideas of what to do with his team.

Transition: Push with Lebron (on a Love outlet)
Early in shot clock: Challenge the defense with Kyrie
Halfcourt sets: Love is brilliant passing from the top and the post, also can score on post ups
Bailout: Kyrie again

This is what I would do if I were handed this job. Xs and Os and real-game situations are tough of course (easy for me to talk as a guy just watching on TV), but I feel like any experienced coach should be able to figure that out.

It's also good that all 3 all-stars are being used. If you have no plan, someone is going to get alienated from the offense (Love in this case). That's no good; you've got 3 all stars with totally different things they bring to the table. That's a gift if you're a coach.
Well said, agree on all

jbryan1984
01-31-2016, 04:18 PM
To everyone saying they didn't have Duncan, come on. Duncan is nearly 40 years old now. He has career lows in every category. Of course he will always be important and a top 10 player, one of the best players of this generation, etc. But the fact is, this is not his team anymore. And the Spurs need to get used to not playing with Timmy and Manu as most will more than likely be gone next year. So to those people, I say give the Cavs their do.

BillytheKidder
01-31-2016, 10:01 PM
I have been a Blatt fanboy, but I agree with the reasoning and the decision to replace him. That being said, having Duncan on the floor last night might have made the game closer, but the Spurs still would not have won.

sportjames23
01-31-2016, 10:08 PM

In this weak ass East? I should hope so.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 10:16 PM
I have been a Blatt fanboy, but I agree with the reasoning and the decision to replace him. That being said, having Duncan on the floor last night might have made the game closer, but the Spurs still would not have won.

True story. And Kyle Anderson stat padded some points against our bench when Lue rest all of his starters. I think it was almost an 18-20 points led.

SpecialQue
01-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Don't some teams usually have a couple of great-looking games after firing an unpopular coach? I remember the Knicks going on a four-game streak and people praising Woodson for it, and people praising "Bernie Ball" when the Lakers fired Mike Brown and they looked competent for a stretch of games before hiring D'antoni.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 10:21 PM
In this weak ass East? I should hope so.

They just defeated the San Antonio Spurs aka the 2nd best team in the NBA.

sportjames23
01-31-2016, 10:24 PM
They just defeated the San Antonio Spurs aka the 2nd best team in the NBA.

And the Spurs kicked Cleveland's ass a few weeks ago in SA with Duncan.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Don't some teams usually have a couple of great-looking games after firing an unpopular coach? I remember the Knicks going on a four-game streak and people praising Woodson for it, and people praising "Bernie Ball" when the Lakers fired Mike Brown and they looked competent for a stretch of games before hiring D'antoni.

The Knicks and Lakers didn't have LeBron, Love, and Irving. Lue is just maximizing the talents of his 3 key players.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 10:25 PM
1998 - the Utah Jazz beat the Bulls in both regular season games.

We all know who won the Finals that year, right?

Hell, the Spurs kicked Cleveland's ass a few weeks ago in SA with Duncan.

It was just a 4 points game. I don't think you can consider than as a$$-kicking. Cavs were leading by almost 20 points in this game

Please watch more games, And stop s*cking Jordan's d1ck. Thank you.

SpecialQue
01-31-2016, 10:27 PM
The Knicks and Lakers didn't have LeBron, Love, and Irving. Lue is just maximizing the talents of his 3 key players.

The Lakers had Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Metta. Sure there were injuries, but it seems like there's usually a small stretch where the teams start playing freer before the new coach starts implementing a system.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 10:32 PM
The Lakers had Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Nash, and Metta. Sure there were injuries, but it seems like there's usually a small stretch where the teams start playing freer before the new coach starts implementing a system.

Cavaliers beat teams they were supposed to beat. Cavs beating the Spurs is probably their biggest win of the season.

Bandito
01-31-2016, 10:39 PM
I concur with this. Lue was a great bench player and looks he will be a good coach but it's too soon to form an opinion about this guy.

SpecialQue
01-31-2016, 10:41 PM
Cavaliers beat teams they were supposed to beat. Cavs beating the Spurs is probably their biggest win of the season.

You're right, but in general people should hold off on praising a new coach until they get a better sample size. I'd put this win on the stars' natural talent over any coaching changes.

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Cavs are just running on a high right now. They will crash back down to Earth by June.

Dresta
02-01-2016, 11:35 AM
*says mindless Lebron stan after a handful of games*

You retards will be baying for the man's blood before season's end no doubt.

dunksby
02-06-2016, 04:09 AM
are you kidding what is this :eek:

https://vine.co/v/iJLLxJmW2mO
Wow Lue so good, Lue so innovative :eek: