PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James 29 points, 7 assists highlights

Segatti
01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIhnGOx90x8

:applause: :applause:

3ball
01-31-2016, 02:09 AM
I thought it was supposed to be HARDER to set up good post situations in today's game - that's obviously a false narrative - Lebron has maximum time and space to operate:

https://media.giphy.com/media/RELCSXHz0azok/giphy.gif

Today's 3-point shooters and spacing have defenders hamstrung (as shown above), leaving the post player with more time and room to operate than ever before.

Here's the reality - it's a mathematical fact that without 3-pointers, the efficiency of screen rolls/drive-and-kick plummets and becomes not worthwhile compared to post-ups.. This proves that the decline in post-ups results from the availability of higher efficiency drive-and-kick made possible by 3-pointers, not defensive tactics.. In the absence of 3-pointers, no amount of defensive strategy could prevent post-ups from supplanting drive-and-kick.

Since post-ups, mid-range, off-ball and isolations were the only things left in the 80's without the 3-pointers needed to make drive-and-kick worthwhile, we can say with certainty that many of today's elite players would be lesser players back then - their 3-and-D skill sets exclude elite ability in any of the aforementioned areas.

MoBe1Kanobi
01-31-2016, 02:15 AM
I thought it was supposed to be HARDER to set up good post situations in today's game - that's obviously a false narrative - Lebron has maximum time and space to operate:

Today's 3-point shooters and spacing have defenders hamstrung (as shown above), leaving the post player with more time and room to operate than ever before.

Here's the reality - it's a mathematical fact that without 3-pointers, the efficiency of screen rolls/drive-and-kick plummets and becomes not worthwhile compared to post-ups.. This proves that the decline in post-ups results from the availability of higher efficiency drive-and-kick made possible by 3-pointers, not defensive tactics.. In the absence of 3-pointers, no amount of defensive strategy could prevent post-ups from supplanting drive-and-kick.

Since post-ups, mid-range, off-ball and isolations were the only things left in the 80's without the 3-pointers needed to make drive-and-kick worthwhile, we can say with certainty that many of today's elite players would be lesser players back then - their 3-and-D skill sets exclude elite ability in any of the aforementioned areas.

Niggaro I just don't know anymore about anything you say

And I know whether you hate or love someone shouldn't be important in disputing these facts

But

U hate lbj too much for me to feel motivated enough to read your post as an objective one because rather than just identifying something peculiar about his game, good or bad, you'd rather focus your energies in hyping yourself up into finding reasons to hate him more

And I don't like lbj very much as a person or player

Jus saying

I don't know about u bro

3ball
01-31-2016, 02:17 AM
Niggaro I just don't know anymore about anything you say

And I know whether you hate or love someone shouldn't be important in disputing these facts

But

U hate lbj too much for me to feel motivated enough to read your post as an objective one

I don't hate LBJ at all

I love Lebron because he is (or was) viewed as today's best player, and therefore he's the best tool to demonstrate MJ's superiority and goat status.

MoBe1Kanobi
01-31-2016, 02:21 AM
I don't hate LBJ at all

I love Lebron because he is (or was) viewed as today's best player, and therefore he's the best tool to demonstrate MJ's superiority and goat status.

:coleman:

That's like me saying I love Hitler because he is an amazing tool for me to use in demonstrating the true greatness of Jesus Christ.

Reach

3ball
01-31-2016, 02:26 AM
:coleman:

That's like me saying I love Hitler because he is an amazing tool for me to use in demonstrating the true greatness of Jesus Christ.

Reach
You're comparing Lebron to Hitler?

dumb post

back to the issues

3ball
01-31-2016, 02:34 AM

Btw, in before someone talks mentions doubling the post before the ball gets there, which almost never happens.

But even so, doubling the post before the ball gets there is an extremely obvious move that leaves someone wide open - it prevents a post player from catching it, but that's only a consideration in today's game because the spacing gives players too much time and room to operate once they catch it (as the gif shows)... The spacing and further distance of help defenders makes today's post players too dangerous when they catch the ball.

Otoh, when there isn't spacing and help defense is much closer, a team is better off NOT compromising their defense by doubling early and leaving someone wide open.. The lack of spacing made previous eras better-equipped to handle a post player that has the ball.

Btw, when a post player is doubled without the ball in today's game, it's usually a halfway double, which is the same distance a help defender would be if there was no spacing - a cursory glance at any post possession in previous eras will show multiple help defenders standing in the same spot that would constitute a halfway double team in today's game.

Lebron23
01-31-2016, 02:38 AM

That's what I want to see Lebron do consistently now that his jumper is broke.

3ball
01-31-2016, 02:41 AM

That's what I want to see Lebron do consistently now that his jumper is broke.
If he's smart, he'll be doing it all the time in the slower-paced playoffs, especially considering his broke jumpshot.

And he should have a field day, since today's 3-point shooting/spacing keeps defenders at the 3-point line, giving Lebron more time and room to operate than post players in previous eras.

yarrak
01-31-2016, 06:11 AM
If he's smart, he'll be doing it all the time in the slower-paced playoffs, especially considering his broke jumpshot.

And he should have a field day, since today's 3-point shooting/spacing keeps defenders at the 3-point line, giving Lebron more time and room to operate than post players in previous eras.

Bro, it's obvious that Jordan is superior to LeBron as a player but what's the point of coming into this highlight thread and criticizing him? Is it that hard to just give him credit?

I understand if you post stuff like that when the two players are being compared, but whenever there is a LeBron topic, you just start comparing them out of no where even though the topic has nothing to do with Jordan.