PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Hield vs Ben Simmons Full Duel Highlights (01.30.2015)

JohnMax
01-31-2016, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSFYVKH1rY&t=1m07s

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 02:42 PM
:oldlol: "Duel". Hield lit those fools up. Simmons was scared to shoot in the last 5 minutes of the game.

sammichoffate
01-31-2016, 02:45 PM
Hield was ranked "29th" by Chad Ford, ESPN "Analyst" before the Duke game. What a joke :oldlol:

Fallen Angel
01-31-2016, 02:52 PM
Nothing special in those highlights. What is everyone getting riled up about?

This has been happening every time someone has a good game against the lowly old unranked LSU Tigers.

The threes Buddy was making in this game weren't even eye popping compared to one he's hit in previous games.

Fallen Angel
01-31-2016, 02:54 PM
People are acting like Big Teeth is the second coming of Steph Curry.

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 02:57 PM

This has been happening every time someone has a good game against the lowly old unranked LSU Tigers.

The threes Buddy was making in this game weren't even eye popping compared to one he's hit in previous games.
He hit every big shot for Oklahoma and willed them to a victory. While the guy everyone is going crazy about wanted no part of the ball during that same crunch time.

OU was down 14 in this game and he led the comeback. He's leading the best team in the country while putting up amazing numbers and shooting percentages. If anything, he's getting less hype than he deserves. #BUDDYBALL

Fallen Angel
01-31-2016, 03:00 PM

When is Big Teeth gonna be in talks for the #1 overall pick?

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 03:05 PM

When is Big Teeth gonna be in talks for the #1 overall pick?
He won't be because he's a senior and didn't come in to college with a bunch of hype. He's the better player though.

Hield has lit up everyone. Good teams, bad teams, etc. His best performance was against Kansas. His team is gonna compete for a National Championship. Simmons will be watching the tournament at home.

HenryGarfunkle
01-31-2016, 03:12 PM

7 3's in the second half, all of which were absolutely crucial to winning the game

he scored 21 of the Sooners last 39 points. All from behind the arc in an incredibly tough, rowdy atmosphere. No free throws needed.

If that's not special, then what is? you and every single on of your autistic opinions. End your life bro, there's no hope

HenryGarfunkle
01-31-2016, 03:15 PM
He won't be because he's a senior and didn't come in to college with a bunch of hype. He's the better player though.

Hield has lit up everyone. Good teams, bad teams, etc. His best performance was against Kansas. His team is gonna compete for a National Championship. Simmons will be watching the tournament at home.
Hield didn't start hooping until he was 13 or 14. So there's a reason he's just now getting this good as a shooter

Nash started around the same age, and it took him a some time to be great too. But Hield will absolutely be great in the NBA. Not sure about Simmons yet.

FKAri
01-31-2016, 03:19 PM
Scrub got hot from 3.

CJ Mustard
01-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Scrub got hot from 3.
He's been hot from 3. Averaging 26 PPG on 52% from both the field and 3. Leading the best team in the country. Will be the national player of the year.

HenryGarfunkle
01-31-2016, 03:22 PM
He's been hot from 3. Averaging 26 PPG on 52% from both the field and 3. Leading the best team in the country. Will be the national player of the year.
He's probably just trolling to get my attention, don't worry, he's not being serious

FKAri
01-31-2016, 03:25 PM

Ceiling = current Khris Middleton
Floor = last pick at the Y

He's probably just trolling to get my attention, don't worry, he's not being serious

I NEVER ****ing troll. And on the internet of all places?

TommyGriffin
01-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Hield looks like a shorter, more aggressive Kevin Durant.

IGOTGAME
01-31-2016, 03:30 PM
reminds me of a more polished, smarter and composed version of Jodie Meeks with better ability to put the ball on the floor. I also like his shot pocket better.

He could be a nice starting 2 guard in the league if he can play defense.

SwishSquared
01-31-2016, 03:32 PM
Hield has never shot from 3 this well in any college season. His 3 point % has risen 16 percentage points from last year, on greater volume, amazingly. His shooting from deep has been sublime this year, but he still sports low AST%, FTr, and STL%. Low TP% for his 30% usage rate though, which is encouraging offensively. It should be noted that his FTr has increased this year, but it's just above D'Angelo Russell level now.

He's old for a prospect, doesn't play D well, or create for his teammates. He's got ~20 game sample of hot, hot shooting. Will be an interesting prospect come draft-time.

Still think Simmons is better though.

shadow
01-31-2016, 04:27 PM
I don't get the nasty part. Yes he hit big shots but on most of those it seemed like he got his looks off good ball movement. The defender was often late. Basing this off the highlights though.

Relinquish
01-31-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't get the nasty part. Yes he hit big shots but on most of those it seemed like he got his looks off good ball movement. The defender was often late. Basing this off the highlights though.

Have you watched highlights of his outside of just this specific example? The guy is averaging 26.2 ppg and 6 rpg on 53/52/91. This isn't a one game sample size.

HenryGarfunkle
01-31-2016, 04:36 PM
And that's a bad thing? Being able to catch and shoot like that is huge in the NBA.

That's what's most impressive about him, you find him for a good look in rhythm and he's automatic. Not to say he can't create his own shots, it's just he's an extra elite catch and shoot player.

And it doesn't matter if someones in his face. (because obviously he drains them in peoples faces all the ****ing time)

7 crucial 3's down double digits in the second half on the road against two future NBA all-stars (Simmons and Blakeney), is nasty anyway you slice it

JimmyMcAdocious
01-31-2016, 04:42 PM
I still see Ben Gordon. And his name is Buddy.

HenryGarfunkle
01-31-2016, 04:44 PM
I still see Ben Gordon. And his name is Buddy.
Jimmy Butler
Paul George
Buddy Hield

... fits right in.

His name is great IMO - star worthy

shadow
02-01-2016, 02:26 AM
And that's a bad thing? Being able to catch and shoot like that is huge in the NBA.

That's what's most impressive about him, you find him for a good look in rhythm and he's automatic. Not to say he can't create his own shots, it's just he's an extra elite catch and shoot player.

And it doesn't matter if someones in his face. (because obviously he drains them in peoples faces all the ****ing time)

7 crucial 3's down double digits in the second half on the road against two future NBA all-stars (Simmons and Blakeney), is nasty anyway you slice it

Don't get me wrong, it is. Just the youtube vid title threw me off. High expectations from the hyperbolic title.

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 11:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK4EwZfZ1s

He might be a late lottery pick, but I think he can be a black version of JJ Reddick.