PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Stephen A - Durant & Westbrook will join the Lakers

Marchesk
02-01-2016, 07:32 AM
http://thesource.com/2016/02/01/espns-stephen-a-smith-says-okcs-russell-westbrook-will-follow-kevin-durant-and-join-la-lakers/

http://sportsnaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/04.png

fiddy
02-01-2016, 07:48 AM
attention whore

CJ Mustard
02-01-2016, 08:12 AM
:oldlol: Pathetic.

I'd love to just write this off, but he did speculate Lebron would go back to Cleveland like a year in advance. And he was pretty ahead of the curve on that Doc Rivers Clippers thing as well

Marchesk
02-01-2016, 08:16 AM

I'd love to just write this off, but he did speculate Lebron would go back to Cleveland like a year in advance. And he was pretty ahead of the curve on that Doc Rivers Clippers thing as well

They were talking about it on the radio, saying that Durant could resign for two years with the Thunder, with an opt-out the second year. That way, he gets to stay on a contender until Westbrook's contract is up, and then maybe they both head to LA at the same time.

It's probably just Stephen running his mouth, but if it's a possibility in their minds, what would they be thinking? That LA will be a better place to win titles than OKC? That's very iffy, and LA's management hasn't been so good recently.

Marchesk
02-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Imagine though if it did happen. Kobe could pull an MJ and come out of retirement.

:kobe: :whatever: :lebronamazed:

Springsteen
02-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Didn't Durant say he doesn't know shit? Stephen A's probably doing this to **** with him. :lol

AirFederer
02-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Imagine though if it did happen. Kobe could pull an MJ and come out of retirement.

:kobe: :whatever: :lebronamazed:

Just to destroy their chances of a ring?

:lebronamazed: :yaohappy: :kobe:

buddha
02-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Russell Westbrook
Jordan Clarkson / D'Angelo Russell
Kevin Durant
Ben Simmons / Julius Randle
Hassan Whiteside

that lineup will demolish teh Warriors.

ralph_i_el
02-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Hassan Whiteside

Too many dribblers, not enough shooters.

Nash
02-01-2016, 09:42 AM
so Durant and Westbrook want to play together? Would be cool to see how they'd do in the same team.

Oh wait..

Jameerthefear
02-01-2016, 09:54 AM
of course. it completely makes sense. they join the 2nd worst team in the league so they can have the firepower to beat the warriors!

Harison
02-01-2016, 09:59 AM
I wouldnt dismiss it completely. LA is great market for superstars, also its a very stored franchise. Granted, management was way off last couple of years, but things can change.

theaussieguy
02-01-2016, 10:00 AM
lmao actually I was thinking of joining the lakers so theres clearly not gonna be enough capspace for the both of them. Ill hit up Durant see if he wants to come we had some good chemistry at Rucker park a few years back. Certainly don't want a 6'3 combo guard with a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical on my team.

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Didn't Durant say he doesn't know shit? Stephen A's probably doing this to **** with him. :lol
Agreed, why would Durant give SAS the pleasure of breaking this news?

uber
02-01-2016, 10:14 AM
of course. it completely makes sense. they join the 2nd worst team in the league so they can have the firepower to beat the warriors!

Just to destroy their chances of a ring?

:lebronamazed: :yaohappy: :kobe:

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 10:27 AM
The Lakers are the NBA equivalent to white privilege.

senelcoolidge
02-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Anything for attention. You know that espn caters to the lakers, if that wasn't obvious enough. With the lakers sucking so bad and things not looking too good going forward..they need this type to comfort their fans.

BlazerRed
02-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Stephen A is a right **** :facepalm

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 04:48 PM
none of this makes sense....what can the lakers offer Durant and westbrook besides great weather and hotter chicks to slay in the off season????

I thought Durant and westbrook wanted to win rings....and don't give me that "the lakers have 16 championships garbage" we aint talking about the past. We talking bout right now. Who would be the supporting cast??? The lakers have been a traditional franchise " great guard+great big=ring"

does laker land really think two ball dominant wing players can bring the ship home???

ArbitraryWater
02-01-2016, 04:51 PM

He also said the Heat would trade Bosh and Wade for Gasol and Kobe, around 2012..

SexSymbol
02-01-2016, 04:54 PM
I imagine that the conversation between KD and WB about going to the lakers would be like two formerly straight men admitting their feelings for each other.

"Yo, WB, I know we love it here in Oklahoma, but maybe... just maybe you wanted to go to LA with me?"
"Oh, my dear Kevin... I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK"

Asiantastic
02-01-2016, 04:55 PM
I'd love to see this happen, but I just don't see why Westbrook or Durant would do this. This Lakers team is in a much worse state than the current Thunder team, so it's not like their chances to win a ring improve by that much. They're better of staying in OKC.

Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Hassan Whiteside

It's probably not even possible to pay Whiteside the contract he'll want, along with Clarkson (who's a free agent this summer), as well as Westbrook and Durant. And there are too many players on that team that need the ball in their hands to be dominant. I'd rather not have a remake of the 2013 Lakers again.

ISHGoat
02-01-2016, 04:57 PM
I imagine that the conversation between KD and WB about going to the lakers would be like two formerly straight men admitting their feelings for each other.

"Yo, WB, I know we love it here in Oklahoma, but maybe... just maybe you wanted to go to LA with me?"
"Oh, my dear Kevin... I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quite an accurate analogy too. Going from a title contending team to the Lakers is like going from a straight male to a gay male.

AirBonner
02-01-2016, 04:58 PM
lmao actually I was thinking of joining the lakers so theres clearly not gonna be enough capspace for the both of them. Ill hit up Durant see if he wants to come we had some good chemistry at Rucker park a few years back. Certainly don't want a 6'3 combo guard with a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical on my team.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

$LakerGold
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Reverse psychology?

He knows Durant hates his guts, & LA could be where he'll possibly find the success he's looking for. Note that last summer he stated: "You do not want to make an enemy out of me." Whether if he seeks for his revenge or not, he'll find a way to sort of make himself be part of the conversation -- which is him now stating that both Durant & Westbrook will join the Lakers. Hidden agendas. Now Durant will prove his ass wrong & go elsewhere. No I don't think I'm looking too much into it, that's what I thought last year, but now it's so clear:)

Starting to hate this SAS.

J Shuttlesworth
06-30-2016, 12:45 AM
:lol :lol

stevieming
06-30-2016, 05:14 AM
what a load of tosh...

Spurs m8
06-30-2016, 05:18 AM
The Lakers are the NBA equivalent to white privilege.

True, they both don't exist.