PDA

View Full Version : Best sg in the league

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 11:55 AM
It has to be demar derozan right? Please don't say james harden. Im in a good mood to neg today so please don't upset me.

keep-itreal
02-01-2016, 11:57 AM
James Harden

Detroit
02-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Klay Thompson has to be in the conversation.

StephHamann
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Dwayne Wade if healthy

swagga
02-01-2016, 12:02 PM
It has to be demar derozan right? Please don't say james harden. Im in a good mood to neg today so please don't upset me.

you misspelled jimmy butler son.

FreezingTsmoove
02-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Curry

Legends66NBA7
02-01-2016, 12:06 PM
My opinion is more valid on DeMar DeRozan than anyone else on here. The answer is no.

He has bounced back from an inconsistent season last year and I'll say he's easily Top 5-10 range, but he's still got a lot to prove if he ever wants to claim the Top SG spot. My guess is that he'll never reach there without consistent commitment to the defensive end (he's about average right now) and a 3 point shot (he's starting to take more, but he's still below average).

It's clearly Harden even thought he's a pylon on defense. If not Harden, it's Jimmy.

Wade's Rings
02-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Wade

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
My opinion is more valid on DeMar DeRozan than anyone else on here. The answer is no.

He has bounced back from an inconsistent season last year and I'll say he's easily Top 5-10 range, but he's still got a lot to prove if he ever wants to claim the Top SG spot. My guess is that he'll never reach there without consistent commitment to the defensive end (he's about average right now) and a 3 point shot (he's starting to take more, but he's still below average).

It's clearly Harden even thought he's a pylon on defense. If not Harden, it's Jimmy.

the consensus was that wade was once the best sg in the league despite shooting horribly from three...why does this limit demar and not wade?

demar can put up buckets just as well as harden and is a better defender...not saying much but true.

ill give harden the most unguardable sg in the league but how and why does he get a pass for having abysmal defense? I thought to be the best or at least in the conversation you had to be a two way player. kobe was,wade was,jordan was.

jimmy b is a good argument and id definitely like to see the bulls go up against the raptors in the playoffs to really see who is the best

MellowYellow
02-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Ima go with Klay, dudes a beast and doesn't miss. Also plays great d, and there's no doubt in my mind he could put up better stats if he has to. Does it every time Steph has an off game.

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Ima go with Klay, dudes a beast and doesn't miss. Also plays great d, and there's no doubt in my mind he could put up better stats if he has to. Does it every time Steph has an off game.

yea klay is definitely in the discussion I just think if his jumper is off hes done whereas derozan will put the ball on the floor.....with his improved handles he can get by anybody now and he can spike the ball off your head or your center's head when he goes to the rim effortlessly

Mass Debator
02-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Only looks to be above average to good this year, but yeah he should be in the conversation.

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Dwayne Wade if healthy
This no longer computes.

Gileraracer
02-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Jimmy Butler, although he's a little inconsistant

Legends66NBA7
02-01-2016, 12:42 PM
the consensus was that wade was once the best sg in the league despite shooting horribly from three...why does this limit demar and not wade?

demar can put up buckets just as well as harden and is a better defender...not saying much but true.

ill give harden the most unguardable sg in the league but how and why does he get a pass for having abysmal defense? I thought to be the best or at least in the conversation you had to be a two way player. kobe was,wade was,jordan was.

jimmy b is a good argument and id definitely like to see the bulls go up against the raptors in the playoffs to really see who is the best

Prime Wade was a flat out better scorer, passer, and defender than current DeMar. What he lacked in a 3 pointer, he made up for in his all-around game. He was doing that in sophomore year. He had an elite first step, lateral quicks, and great instincts for playmaking (he was a PG coming into the league). DeMar was not that talented despite is billing.

Sure, DeMar can have a similar stat line than Jimmy, but he's not the defender and just looking at their games, Jimmy is a lot more aggressive. DeMar is aggressive too, but still finds himself pulling up for jumpers (lack of a first step) and stays in the flow of the offense (not really a bad thing, sometimes he needs to be demand more when he's having a good game).

Harden is terrible defensively and this would be somewhat of debate if DeMar was elite defensively, but it's not considering Harden has him beat in everything else.

I guess you can say DeMar vs Klay is a good debate. Today's game is more modeled after Klay's game, but he is on the best team and gets a lot of pressure taken off from him.

MellowYellow
02-01-2016, 12:49 PM
yea klay is definitely in the discussion I just think if his jumper is off hes done whereas derozan will put the ball on the floor.....with his improved handles he can get by anybody now and he can spike the ball off your head or your center's head when he goes to the rim effortlessly
Klay has gotten a lot better at handling the ball, plus he's always in constant motion cutting and getting open providing easy assists for his teammates.

WayOfWade
02-01-2016, 02:33 PM
This makes me think, has Harden gotten worse this year? Because last year he was considered by many the MVP, what changed? I didn't get to watch him last year, so just going off of my assumption it's that his team now sucks and therefore people think less of him as a player now compared to then in spite of the fact that he is either just as good or better. Would this be correct?

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 02:48 PM
This makes me think, has Harden gotten worse this year? Because last year he was considered by many the MVP, what changed? I didn't get to watch him last year, so just going off of my assumption it's that his team now sucks and therefore people think less of him as a player now compared to then in spite of the fact that he is either just as good or better. Would this be correct?

we have seen players in the past have a great season and then the next season show their "TRUE COLORS" I think that's what we are seeing with james harden this year. I think last season will be his greatest season ever when he hangs up the sneakers. Great players make teams better...he doesn't. Rockets weren't suppose to make it to the wcf last year...clippers had them dead in the water...a lot of people gave harden credit for that series defining triumph but it had more to do with the clippers imploding than the rockets winning.

they are a first round exit at best his season with virtually the same roster. why is that?? I like rewarding players who came into the league being underhyped or overhyped to the point where everyone hopes they bust and end up making a name for themselves.

I think derozan fits that narrative perfectly....came into the league so raw he could easily be a d league journeyman right now...EASILY. No jumper,no handles,low IQ, his only gift was he could run up and down the court and jump like a deer.

To watch him his rookie to now its mind blowing.....I understand jimmy butler had a similar path but jimmy butler came into the league equipped to guard most pg-sf in the league as a rookie and we saw that in his limited play his first two seasons. The same with kawhi and paul George. We have seen players make great careers off just defending other great players so THAT could have been their calling card throughout their whole career but I do give them props for becoming household names.

But with derozan he truly has come a long way from usc

Dresta
02-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Harden, Wade, Klay, and Butler are all better than him, so no.

more like 5th best.

dubeta
02-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Harden, Wade, Klay, and Butler are all better than him, so no.

more like 5th best.

:lol :roll:

Oh Dresta, you f****** lunatic

RoseCity07
02-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Klay Thompson is better than Harden. I don't care that Thompson isn't that great of a ball handler. His defense and shooting more than makes up for that fault.

WayOfWade
02-01-2016, 03:39 PM
we have seen players in the past have a great season and then the next season show their "TRUE COLORS" I think that's what we are seeing with james harden this year. I think last season will be his greatest season ever when he hangs up the sneakers. Great players make teams better...he doesn't. Rockets weren't suppose to make it to the wcf last year...clippers had them dead in the water...a lot of people gave harden credit for that series defining triumph but it had more to do with the clippers imploding than the rockets winning.

they are a first round exit at best his season with virtually the same roster. why is that?? I like rewarding players who came into the league being underhyped or overhyped to the point where everyone hopes they bust and end up making a name for themselves.

I think derozan fits that narrative perfectly....came into the league so raw he could easily be a d league journeyman right now...EASILY. No jumper,no handles,low IQ, his only gift was he could run up and down the court and jump like a deer.

To watch him his rookie to now its mind blowing.....I understand jimmy butler had a similar path but jimmy butler came into the league equipped to guard most pg-sf in the league as a rookie and we saw that in his limited play his first two seasons. The same with kawhi and paul George. We have seen players make great careers off just defending other great players so THAT could have been their calling card throughout their whole career but I do give them props for becoming household names.

But with derozan he truly has come a long way from usc
Interesting, but it does seem like the most likely answer because Dwight isn't even hurt this year and Harden is putting up (arguably) better numbers this year, yet the team is barely playing above .500 ball. Still though, in spite of this Harden is going to be getting the Max even after his current contract is up, sucks but in a league where Tristan Thompson can get near $90 mil, there's nothing you can do about it

AnaheimLakers24
02-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Dwayne Wade if healthy
The story of that roided **** career

bdreason
02-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I'd probably rank DeRozan 4th overall, after Harden, Klay, and Butler.

GrapeApe
02-01-2016, 05:14 PM
I'd probably rank DeRozan 4th overall, after Harden, Klay, and Butler.

Why are people sleeping on Wade? Is it because of the reduced minutes? His per-minute production is second only to Harden and he has the 3rd best PER. His defense has been solid, his turnovers are down, and most importantly he's been one of the most clutch players in the league. Wade's clutch play in 4th quarters and down the stretch of games is a big reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. He's easily been the most clutch SG and the numbers back it up. He may not be the best SG anymore, but he's certainly in the discussion.

WayOfWade
02-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Why are people sleeping on Wade? Is it because of the reduced minutes? His per-minute production is second only to Harden and he has the 3rd best PER. His defense has been solid, his turnovers are down, and most importantly he's been one of the most clutch players in the league. Wade's clutch play in 4th quarters and down the stretch of games is a big reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. He's easily been the most clutch SG and the numbers back it up. He may not be the best SG anymore, but he's certainly in the discussion.
I think it probably has to do with consistency, while he does have many great performances, unfortunately we've been treated (if that's the right word) to 4-point and 6-point stinkers multiple times this season. He certainly is in the discussion though, if you're going up against any of the aforementioned SG's and you have Wade on your side, you have to like your chances

Mass Debator
02-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Wade is #5 in the regular season but my #1 pick in the playoffs.

JebronLames
02-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Wade is #5 in the regular season but my #1 pick in the playoffs.
lmao did you watch the last 3 playoffs?

JebronLames
02-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Harden isn't known as a hard worker. He showed up this season out of shape, and doesn't practice in the offseason. He started off very slow, but has gotten a lot better recently.

GrapeApe
02-01-2016, 05:46 PM
lmao did you watch the last 3 playoffs?

Wade was great in the 2012 playoffs.

For all the crap he gets about 2013 and 2014, he had the 2nd highest playoff PER among SG's. People act like he was this god awful player when in fact he had a 19 PER for those playoff runs, which is at solid 2nd option / borderline all-star level. Yes he was bad in the 2014 finals and he struggled with injuries in 2013, but his playoff woes those years are highly exaggerated.

Another to add for this year, he was just named EC player of the week, and over the last 12 games he's averaging 20/6/5 on 50%, 1.2 spg, 1.0 bpg.

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Wade was great in the 2012 playoffs.

For all the crap he gets about 2013 and 2014, he had the 2nd highest playoff PER among SG's. People act like he was this god awful player when in fact he had a 19 PER for those playoff runs, which is at solid 2nd option / borderline all-star level. Yes he was bad in the 2014 finals and he struggled with injuries in 2013, but his playoff woes those years are highly exaggerated.

Another to add for this year, he was just named EC player of the week, and over the last 12 games he's averaging 20/6/5 on 50%, 1.2 spg, 1.0 bpg.

OMG im so sick of the PER arguments.....smh.....do you people realize PER is the equivalent of the qb rating for qbs in the nfl?? its a bullshit stat. just stop. wade is nowhere near the best sg in the league. He had his time....he had a good run but damn lets take the blinders off. You really think wade is better than klay,derozan or jimmy??? honestly in your heart of hearts???

And this is coming from a dwade fan....I think wade had a chance to be better than kobe at one point but then the injuries robbed us of his TRUE potential....but saying he is the best sg in the league today is just absurd. top 10 yes....top 5 no

BasedTom
02-01-2016, 06:36 PM
OMG im so sick of the PER arguments.....smh.....do you people realize PER is the equivalent of the qb rating for qbs in the nfl?? its a bullshit stat. just stop. wade is nowhere near the best sg in the league. He had his time....he had a good run but damn lets take the blinders off. You really think wade is better than klay,derozan or jimmy??? honestly in your heart of hearts???

And this is coming from a dwade fan....I think wade had a chance to be better than kobe at one point but then the injuries robbed us of his TRUE potential....but saying he is the best sg in the league today is just absurd. top 10 yes....top 5 no
Name 5 better

You can't.

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Name 5 better

You can't.

5 sg's better than wade now or ever?

now

klay
derozan
jimmy butler
harden
Bradley beal (when he is healthy)

I can name more if you would like

WayOfWade
02-01-2016, 06:48 PM

now

klay
derozan
jimmy butler
harden

LOL, freaking Bradley Beal! HA! You're stretching

GrapeApe
02-01-2016, 06:50 PM

I'm saying he's in the discussion, which he absolutely is, especially when you factor in his clutch play. He's been without question the best 4th quarter SG and among the most clutch players in the entire league. His 22/6/5/1/1 per-36 production is still elite, and it's not as if he's playing bench minutes. He's still over 30 mpg.

How is PER a bullshit stat? It's by no means perfect, but it's a great all-encompassing stat for a player's production, especially when comparing the same position. Year in and year out there's a strong correlation between the most productive players in the league and PER rankings. There are some outliers, but that usually has to do with players who play in very few games or in very limited minutes. When comparing players who have played a similar amount of games and a reasonably similar amount of minutes, it's a very good stat. Please explain why it is "bullshit", and don't use outliers because every stat has them.

Smoke117
02-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Dwyane Wade...he actually shows up when it matters and will be easily the best Guard in the league come playoff time when he's playing nearly 40mpg.

miggyme1
02-01-2016, 06:52 PM
LOL, freaking Bradley Beal! HA! You're stretching

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I understand you a wade fan but cmon....you cant tell me you would build a team around wade before beal (when healthy). Reliable jumper,can put the ball on the floor, IQ has gotten better, limited playmaker, has the clutch gene and the IT factor oh and can play off ball like wade. Defense is debatable

Legends66NBA7
02-01-2016, 07:30 PM
How can you dock Wade and then bring up Beal ?

Beal has missed like half of the Wizards season and has already missed over a quarter of his 3+ year career. His injuries are so bad he's even asked for minutes restrictions.

Middleton, McCullum, and Redick would be the next tier. I actuallt agree with Harden, Butler, DeRozan, Wade, and Thompson in the Top 5. No idea where Beal would rank this year. Healthy, could be Top 10.

jrong
02-01-2016, 07:31 PM

now

klay
derozan
jimmy butler
harden

No, you can't. The only player who has a case over Wade on this list is Harden. Harden is the only other player here who plays against defenses that are designed to stop him.

Arguably, defenses gameplan for Jimmy sometimes, but I still think D-rose is better at base level (whether he's played like it or not), and from what I've seen Bulls opponents agree based on how they guard him. Aside from Wade, Harden is also the only other guy who can consistently dominate as a scorer/playmaker.

Ignore stats. Wade is playing 30 minutes per game. But, he has personally closed out at least ten games (BKN, OKC, MEM, IND, ORL, POR, PHX, CHI, BKN, MIL). Without Wade taking over those games, the Heat are 17 - 31 instead of 27 - 21.

Anyone else here got anywhere near that many closes? Does anyone else in the NBA even have that many? Hell, his last three close-outs there were all just last week (hence the Player of the Week honors). Any of these other SGs got even three closes on the season?

And if you take any of these other guys over Wade to lead your team as a SG in the playoffs, you're a damn fool. Wade still routinely converts shots that no other player since prime Kobe Bryant could pull off. He's the only certifiable assassin left at the position.

WadeStan
02-01-2016, 07:33 PM
Bradley Beal:facepalm Wade=still a top 5 SG. Nothing else needs to be said.

WayOfWade
02-01-2016, 07:39 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I understand you a wade fan but cmon....you cant tell me you would build a team around wade before beal (when healthy). Reliable jumper,can put the ball on the floor, IQ has gotten better, limited playmaker, has the clutch gene and the IT factor oh and can play off ball like wade. Defense is debatable
If we're talking about the future I'll take Beal. But the thread is asking the question who IS the best SG in the league. Now neither is, but I'd trust Wade to lead my team to victory right now more than Beal. Shockingly enough Wade has been healthier this year, and even going by Raw Stats, Wade has him beat in every aspect except 3p% and Ft%, and on less minutes too

GrapeApe
02-01-2016, 07:49 PM

The "build a team around" thing is a different argument. Wade is 34 years old. However, if we're talking about winning a game or a playoff series right now, I'm taking Wade (healthy, which he currently is) ahead of any other SG except maybe for Harden. It's close though, and Wade is still a better defender.

As has been mentioned, Wade's clutch play this season has been on another level compared to any other SG. His closing ability is the main reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. I guarantee if you asked opposing players and coaches, Wade is still the most feared SG in the league down the stretch of games. Be it scoring, playmaking, steals, blocks, or suffocating defense, he has routinely made game winning plays on both ends.

Thunderfan86
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Dion Waiters.......dude has been tearing it up since he's been in the starting lineup.

bobopenguin
02-01-2016, 08:48 PM
for my love to rockets fans, i am gonna say James Haren just to make them feel happy.

Spaulding
02-02-2016, 02:06 AM
Harden tbh

Wade's Rings
02-02-2016, 02:09 AM
No, you can't. The only player who has a case over Wade on this list is Harden. Harden is the only other player here who plays against defenses that are designed to stop him.

Arguably, defenses gameplan for Jimmy sometimes, but I still think D-rose is better at base level (whether he's played like it or not), and from what I've seen Bulls opponents agree based on how they guard him. Aside from Wade, Harden is also the only other guy who can consistently dominate as a scorer/playmaker.

Ignore stats. Wade is playing 30 minutes per game. But, he has personally closed out at least ten games (BKN, OKC, MEM, IND, ORL, POR, PHX, CHI, BKN, MIL). Without Wade taking over those games, the Heat are 17 - 31 instead of 27 - 21.

Anyone else here got anywhere near that many closes? Does anyone else in the NBA even have that many? Hell, his last three close-outs there were all just last week (hence the Player of the Week honors). Any of these other SGs got even three closes on the season?

And if you take any of these other guys over Wade to lead your team as a SG in the playoffs, you're a damn fool. Wade still routinely converts shots that no other player since prime Kobe Bryant could pull off. He's the only certifiable assassin left at the position.

:applause: :applause:

Smoke117
02-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Probably the guy you want in the 4th quarter...Dwyane Wade...the guy you've wanted in the 4th quarter for more than a decade now...The Flash.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 02:23 AM
Probably the guy you want in the 4th quarter...Dwyane Wade...the guy you've wanted in the 4th quarter for more than a decade now...The Flash.

You dont want the guy who only there 1/4 of the time.

Milbuck
02-02-2016, 02:31 AM

Really? Jimmy Butler has no case over Wade?

For one, you're flat out wrong about teams only occasionally game planning against Butler. Butler regularly draws double teams and has guys shadowing him, he's a legit go-to guy off the dribble both as a scorer and a facilitator and is a major draw of defensive attention. Any team that isn't studying and specifically focusing on stopping Jimmy Butler every time they play the Bulls is a really, really dumb team that probably isn't winning much.

And there is absolutely nothing to suggest that picking Butler over Wade for the playoffs is foolish. Butler straight up shat on my Bucks in the playoffs and was very good against the Cavs as well. And he's even better this year. I would trust Butler in the playoffs blindly. He can create a shot out of nothing for himself or for his teammates whenever he wants, is a killer with zero fear in the clutch, a competitive maniac, a workhorse who will do anything and everything your team needs him to, and a ridiculously good defender who can stop or at least contain pretty much anyone in the league when he locks in. He is as complete a player as you can possibly get for the SG position in every sense imaginable.

MellowYellow
02-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Ya, I am not giving best SHOOTING guard in the league to a guy that can't shoot.

robby712
02-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Ya, I am not giving best SHOOTING guard in the league to a guy that can't shoot.

This guy that can't shoot has one of the best mid range game off all the SG in the league. He may be 34 and playing less minutes, but you can see in the games that matter and in the 4th Q who the best SG in the league is. It's the guy that can impact a game scoring, playmaking, blocking shots and getting steals. I just hope he stays healthy come playoff time, and the debate will be settled there.

WayOfWade
02-02-2016, 02:58 PM
What if he "shoots" 46% from the field?

Mawly-G
02-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Lance Stephensen

MellowYellow
02-02-2016, 04:03 PM
What if he "shoots" 46% from the field?
What if 31/38/23 are his 10-16/16 +/ 3 pt percentages

ArbitraryWater
02-02-2016, 04:07 PM

When was the last time Wade actually performed great in the playoffs?

I feel just comfortable taking Butler, and probably Klay abve him.. besides Harden.

And lol at the record bullshit.

If he averages circa 19 ppg, how many do you think he does before all those close outs you speak of? 14 ppg? So with any other SG they'd be 17-31, even though they do MUCH more than 14 ppg prior to the final mins of the game?

WayOfWade
02-02-2016, 04:29 PM

I feel just comfortable taking Butler, and probably Klay abve him.. besides Harden.

If he averages circa 19 ppg, how many do you think he does before all those close outs you speak of? 14 ppg? So with any other SG they'd be 17-31, even though they do MUCH more than 14 ppg prior to the final mins of the game?
For an entire playoffs? I'd say 2012. I agree with you though, I'd take Klay, Jimmy, and Harden before him

GrapeApe
02-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Your joking, right? So I guess Jordan isn't the best SHOOTING guard?

By your logic, JJ Reddick is a better SHOOTING guard than Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade ever were.

Wade has career averages of 24/6/5/2/1 on 49%. Since according to you he's a bad SHOOTING guard, how did he amass such stellar numbers over 13+ seasons? Are you saying that all this time he's actually been bad at his position, despite generally being considered top 4 ever at it? What about MJ? Enlighten us.

Wade's Rings
02-02-2016, 04:42 PM

He was great through the 1st 3 Rounds of the '14 Playoffs.

He plays 30 mpg on the 2nd slowest team in the League and based on per 36 his production is only 2nd to Harden.

GrapeApe
02-02-2016, 04:48 PM

I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.

WorldWarriors
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.:applause: :applause:

MellowYellow
02-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Your joking, right? So I guess Jordan isn't the best SHOOTING guard?

By your logic, JJ Reddick is a better SHOOTING guard than Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade ever were.

Wade has career averages of 24/6/5/2/1 on 49%. Since according to you he's a bad SHOOTING guard, how did he amass such stellar numbers over 13+ seasons? Are you saying that all this time he's actually been bad at his position, despite generally being considered top 4 ever at it? What about MJ? Enlighten us.

MJ was epic from mid range almost every year, and became a serviceable 3 pt shooter especially in his mid 30s Wade is a meh shooter even from mid range. And God awful from 3 only getting worse at it.

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.

true true but he is only top 5 because the sg is a shitty position right now outside of the few guys we named. its 30 teams in the nba and its only 5 sg's in the discussion.....that's sad. but not takin anything anyway because he is playing well and looks healthy but isn't much competition at the 2 spot right now

MellowYellow
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM
true true but he is only top 5 because the sg is a shitty position right now outside of the few guys we named. its 30 teams in the nba and its only 5 sg's in the discussion.....that's sad. but not takin anything anyway because he is playing well and looks healthy but isn't much competition at the 2 spot right now

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/2

Wade is actually 18th in wins added among SG, so......

GrapeApe
02-02-2016, 05:24 PM
MJ was epic from mid range almost every year, and became a serviceable 3 pt shooter especially in his mid 30s Wade is a meh shooter even from mid range. And God awful from 3 only getting worse at it.

So what exactly are you saying? Wade isn't a SG? I'm confused about your point. Wade may play the position in an unconventional way, but that doesn't make him any less great or any less effective. You're taking the term "shooting guard" way too literally. If it makes you feel better, call him an "off guard" or "2 guard".

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 05:25 PM

another bs stat...keep them coming. I love it when you guys post them. shows me the casuals around here.

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM
So what exactly are you saying? Wade isn't a SG? I'm confused about your point. Wade may play the position in an unconventional way, but that doesn't make him any less great or any less effective. You're taking the term "shooting guard" way too literally. If it makes you feel better, call him an "off guard" or "2 guard".

I think he is just stating FACTS man. wade is clearly an sg but a horribly shooter. its been documented. still a hall of famer though so don't be upset. im sure nobody is dumb enough to think that a shooting guard has to be a great shooter.......right?

GrapeApe
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I think he is just stating FACTS man. wade is clearly an sg but a horribly shooter. its been documented. still a hall of famer though so don't be upset. im sure nobody is dumb enough to think that a shooting guard has to be a great shooter.......right?

That's exactly what he's saying. He said Wade is a bad shooting guard because he's not a good shooter. It's absurd. By his logic he'd take JJ Reddick over prime Wade.

As for the stat he posted, I'm sure we can all agree that Garett Temple is better than Wade.

MellowYellow
02-02-2016, 05:45 PM
That's exactly what he's saying. He said Wade is a bad shooting guard because he's not a good shooter. It's absurd. By his logic he'd take JJ Reddick over prime Wade.

As for the stat he posted, I'm sure we can all agree that Garett Temple is better than Wade.
When did I say he was bad? I am simply saying he's not the best, certainly not this year.

Dresta
02-02-2016, 05:53 PM

:roll:

Surely an accurate stat that one. Keep up the faith in a highly arbitrary algorithm, one that repeatedly turns up unexplainable anomalies. Let's deal in realities here, not worthless abstractions.

TripleA
02-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Will Barton or Cj Mcollum take your pick

Joking aside probably James Harden.

Dresta
02-02-2016, 05:57 PM

2014 ECFs. His second most recent playoff series.

Fallen Angel
02-02-2016, 05:58 PM
:roll:

Surely an accurate stat that one. Keep up the faith in a highly arbitrary algorithm, one that repeatedly turns up unexplainable anomalies. Let's deal in realities here, not worthless abstractions.
You sound retarded. Put down the thesaurus, kiddo.

Papaya Petee
02-02-2016, 06:04 PM
I have an issue with people picking Klay over Wade.

Put Klay on the Heat, and they are like 15-33 right now, instead of having a winning record and being on a streak.

This guy cannot be a playmaker, has no ****ing handles, can't pass, can't rebound. Aside from scoring this guy is useless.

Wade if played Klays minutes pretty much matches him or is close in PPG (at 34 years old, playing in the 2nd slowest paced team in the league)
Klay doesn't compare to Wade in terms of playmaking, he's worse rebounder, and for all the overrated talk about his defense, I don't even think he's a better defender than a 34 year old Wade.

Aside from scoring, which is close (shooting is his only advantage) Klay does nothing better than Wade.
Wade is the player that other teams gameplan for. He's the most clutch shooting guard in the league. Klay is an after thought to Steph, and arguably Draymond. Wade sees much more attention from the defense.

Dresta
02-02-2016, 06:05 PM
You sound retarded. Put down the thesaurus, kiddo.
:rolleyes:

Says the guy who evidently needs a dictionary to understand the simplest of words. I would be shocked (and saddened) if your dumb-ass was older than I am tbh. At least if you were 10 your behaviour would be somewhat explainable.

Fallen Angel
02-03-2016, 01:37 AM
:rolleyes:

Says the guy who evidently needs a dictionary to understand the simplest of words. I would be shocked (and saddened) if your dumb-ass was older than I am tbh. At least if you were 10 your behaviour would be somewhat explainable.
If I was older than you and on a message board I'd kill myself. Your gimmick is basically acting like a high school dork who uses a thesaurus every chance he gets on an assignment just to make himself feel smarter than what he actually is.

Fallen Angel
02-03-2016, 01:37 AM
Best SG in the League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5UeE3Cr-Ys

End this thread.

Smook A.
02-03-2016, 01:40 AM
http://sidelinesocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/tumblr_nlbyzjqYPQ1u2klrwo1_500.gif

Milbuck
02-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Lmfao at these Rockets trolls. Harden has zero case for best SG in the league. Might as well mention guys like Jeremy Lamb and Allen Crabbe :oldlol:

SpaceJam
02-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Tbh rn this minute, it's Kobe

Fallen Angel
02-03-2016, 01:50 AM
Lmfao at these Rockets trolls. Harden has zero case for best SG in the league. Might as well mention guys like Jeremy Lamb and Allen Crabbe :oldlol:
Can you repeat that kiddo, I don't speak lottery.

Milbuck
02-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Can you repeat that kiddo, I don't speak lottery.
I'm sorry, I don't speak ******.

Wade's Rings
02-03-2016, 01:53 AM

These uys were nowhere to be found when Harden had that 2-15 Game earlier this year vs Miami but suddenly appear after a good Game from him.

Bosnian Sajo
02-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Kobe still got it.

Young X
02-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Curry.

TommyGriffin
02-03-2016, 02:06 AM
Curry.

And Chris Paul still wouldn't be the best PG in the league. :oldlol:

SwayDizzle
02-03-2016, 02:06 AM
right now, it's Kobe

Mr. Jabbar
02-03-2016, 02:08 AM
right now, it's Kobe

this.

Young X
02-03-2016, 02:09 AM
And Chris Paul still wouldn't be the best PG in the league. :oldlol:Chris Paul sucks.

Smook A.
02-03-2016, 02:13 AM
These uys were nowhere to be found when Harden had that 2-15 Game earlier this year vs Miami but suddenly appear after a good Game from him.
There are times where I just don't feel like going on ISH to read troll comments from people living in the moment. Once Harden plays like garbage, people here trash the shit out of him.

Let's flip this around. How come when Harden plays really well, no one bothers to make a thread about how well he did or acknowledge his performance? But suddenly everyone feels the need to make several threads once he plays a bad game :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Gtfoh...

Wade's Rings
02-03-2016, 02:22 AM
There are times where I just don't feel like going on ISH to read troll comments from people living in the moment. Once Harden plays like garbage, people here trash the shit out of him.

He started off the Season horribly while playing good last year so of course there were threads made. He gets trashed outside of trolls because his defense is shit and he would look like he just gave up on the court(poor body language, teammates complaining about him?) Plenty of people don't like his Game(trying to draw fouls, just stepback and shoot 3s).

Let's flip this around. How come when Harden plays really well, no one bothers to make a thread about how well he did or acknowledge his performance? But suddenly everyone feels the need to make several threads once he plays a bad game :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Gtfoh...

There have been threads made about his performances the last 2 weeks or so.

Anyways, like I said when Harden went 2-15 vs Miami earlier this year and Harden fans weren't anywhere to be found and now he plays good vs them and we have multiple posts from Harden's fans.

Young X
02-03-2016, 02:24 AM

Gtfoh...This is kinda true and it just shows you how biased people are.

When Harden dropped 50 on the Sixers earlier on in the season all you heard was "it doesn't count it was against the Sixers" and "lol he needed 50 just to beat the Sixers?".

But when Butler dropped 50 against the same team you had those same people riding his dick.

Double standards.

Smook A.
02-03-2016, 03:09 AM
This is kinda true and it just shows you how biased people are.

When Harden dropped 50 on the Sixers earlier on in the season all you heard was "it doesn't count it was against the Sixers" and "lol he needed 50 just to beat the Sixers?".

But when Butler dropped 50 against the same team you had those same people riding his dick.

Double standards.
This!

I was actually thinking about making a thread right after he scored 53 but I didn't because I knew I'd get the same old stupid responses. There were people here saying how he was the 2nd coming of Jordan for the Bulls and whatnot. When Harden did it, the posters here just found another way to trash him :wtf:

bobopenguin
02-03-2016, 04:20 AM
This!

I was actually thinking about making a thread right after he scored 53 but I didn't because I knew I'd get the same old stupid responses. There were people here saying how he was the 2nd coming of Jordan for the Bulls and whatnot. When Harden did it, the posters here just found another way to trash him :wtf:

when kobe downed multiple 50s back then, did u ever think he's god of basketball?

stalkerforlife
02-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Kobe...still.

dubeta
02-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Kobe...still.

He was never even top 3 :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
02-03-2016, 10:02 AM
This is kinda true and it just shows you how biased people are.

Double standards.

Very true.

Infact, I remember some saying that Harden's 50 point game vs the Sixers was the "worst 50 point game of all-time", while Jimmy needed OT and a huge comeback to pull a win vs the Sixers.

OmniStrife
02-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Dwayne Wade if healthy
Last time he was healthy, George W. Bush was still in office. :oldlol:

Dresta
02-03-2016, 01:22 PM
If I was older than you and on a message board I'd kill myself. Your gimmick is basically acting like a high school dork who uses a thesaurus every chance he gets on an assignment just to make himself feel smarter than what he actually is.
Stop contradicting yourself: you just called me 'kiddo' when you are quite clearly a teenager with lots of zits, no girlfriend and no life; hence why you post on here every passing hour of the day, insulting your betters in a desperate attempt to validate your pathetic existence (9000 posts in two years :lol - wow).

I don't have a 'gimmick' you bumbling imbecile. And i most definitely don't use a thesaurus to post on ISHs. You can't even come up with your own insults, so you just repeat the same ones that have been made against me for years, by the people on this site who have reading ages of about 12.

And you should kill yourself tbh: do the world a huge favour; one less bum to be looked after by the state.