PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Rookie of Year KAT !

Kingwillball
02-01-2016, 09:53 PM
This Kid is getting better and Stronger as the season progresses and is pulling away in Rookie of the year race. Averaging 24.5,12,3,2 over the last 4 games getting a bump in minutes shows the metrics of age 20 capability. He has been historically good for a rookie big and watching him play a lot this year he is so good its scary for such a young age. NO other big in the league has all the tools this kid possesses. His combination of Skill and athletisism will make him potentially the best Big man and a top 5 player in the league within the next 3 seasons. BTW he is also a great person on top of anything else. Really as complete a package as you can hope for on and off the court. I have seen him play since he was 14 years in NJ and its been fun seeing his progression over the years.

FKAri
02-01-2016, 09:58 PM
He was expected to have a tough transition. Okafor was supposed to be more NBA ready and the better player in year 1.

Now Okafor is in a worse situation than Towns but even in a vacuum Towns has been the better player.

raprap
02-01-2016, 10:07 PM
great draft class for bigmen

jimmy77x
02-01-2016, 10:15 PM
The new Kevin Love in Minny. NB4 countless years of nice stats and zero playoff appearances :roll:

Kingwillball
02-01-2016, 10:17 PM
The new Kevin Love in Minny. NB4 countless years of nice stats and zero playoff appearances :roll:

Not even Close he is a winner College and HS and is a player you can build around for years. Will be way better than Love ever was also.

jimmy77x
02-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Not even Close he is a winner College and HS and is a player you can build around for years. Will be way better than Love ever was also.

Kevin love 11' 26/13 and 13'-14' 26/12 and no playoffs, towns can match but will not average better than that.

Cocaine80s
02-01-2016, 11:56 PM
He didnt win shit in college, tf? You have him confused with Jahlil

And what star player hasnt won in high school lol

Kingwillball
02-02-2016, 12:23 AM
He didnt win shit in college, tf? You have him confused with Jahlil

And what star player hasnt won in high school lol

38-1 yeah that sucks....

Cocaine80s
02-02-2016, 12:29 AM
38-1 yeah that sucks....
Lol we finna applaud choking now?

Nick Young
02-02-2016, 12:30 AM
This Kid is getting better and Stronger as the season progresses and is pulling away in Rookie of the year race. Averaging 24.5,12,3,2 over the last 4 games getting a bump in minutes shows the metrics of age 20 capability. He has been historically good for a rookie big and watching him play a lot this year he is so good its scary for such a young age. NO other big in the league has all the tools this kid possesses. His combination of Skill and athletisism will make him potentially the best Big man and a top 5 player in the league within the next 3 seasons. BTW he is also a great person on top of anything else. Really as complete a package as you can hope for on and off the court. I have seen him play since he was 14 years in NJ and its been fun seeing his progression over the years.
You misspelled D'Angelo Russell.

Kingwillball
02-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Lol we finna applaud choking now?

Not his fault ..

Kingwillball
02-02-2016, 12:46 AM
You misspelled D'Angelo Russell.

Lakers fans so salty they got stuck with this kid instead of getting a future HOFer in Towns..

plowking
02-02-2016, 12:48 AM
The only thing I don't like about his game is that he doesn't go hard at times. He is such an athlete, and such a big body, that he needs to dunk more.

Warners0
02-02-2016, 03:39 AM
I think its a joke that Kristaps Porzingis get more pub than Towns.

Towns has better stats than any rookie across the board.

This is the best rookie year campaign since Lebron James.

FKAri
02-02-2016, 05:06 AM

Because Porz is shattering expectations and he is doing it with highlight plays. Go look at commentary around draft time. Many thought Porzingis might not even be able to play anything other than garbage time. Go look at Vegas odds at the start of the season on who would win rookie of the year and check how far down Porzingis was ranked.

Towns was the number 1 pick, is on a team that is still losing and is supposed to be far more NBA ready and is projected to be at least all-star level within a couple years. That being said he is still playing above what was expected but it's clearly not as big of a surprise.

La Frescobaldi
02-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Love went to Final Four. Won hs state championship.

Kingwillball
02-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Love went to Final Four. Won hs state championship.

Yes but in pros towns will be better especially on defense..

chocolatethunder
02-02-2016, 09:58 AM

Couple reasons for this. First, Porzingis, it was thought that he was gonna be a bust and was booed on draft night. Towns was expected to be the best player in the draft.

Second, the Knicks are in the playoff hunt w KP on their team and they were supposed to be awful this year. The Wolves were supposed to be much better this year and instead they are again one of the worst teams in the league.

Third, Towns is in Minny and KP is in NYC the biggest market in the country. Big difference there.

Oh course there is a novelty factor that KP is a white euro. Being white doesn't mean much for marketing tho. That stuff is hit or miss and there haven't really been any white players who have been hugely popular as pitchmen. Even the good white players like Dirk and Nash had nowhere near the visibility of other players. I'm not saying it's because they are white, what I'm saying is that although it would seem that the media is dying to have a white star to promote and that the fan base would eat it up, just being good and being white isn't going to make you equal to LBJ or Kobe or T Mac or whoever else in terms of marketing value. No sneakerhead was ever gonna be lining up to get the new Dirk or Nashes haha. I'm not complaining either, I'm just pointing out that just being good, regardless of color, doesn't mean you're going to be marketable even if you have a great personality. Anyway, with KP, he has just really got into some right time right place shit. KAT is a way better player right now but he plays in Minny and his team is shit. KP plays in NYC and the Knocks were so bad last year that their fan base was hopeless. Now they have a little hope for the future. This kinda stuff happens in all sports. There's a story that just kinda catches fire and takes off. This year, as far as rookies are concerned, is KP.

pegasus
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM

This is the best rookie year campaign since Melo.
Fixed.

ralph_i_el
02-02-2016, 12:58 PM

One plays in Minny and the other plays in NY.

If the teams were reversed, no casual fan would have even heard about Kristaps

lil jahlil
02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
He was expected to have a tough transition. Okafor was supposed to be more NBA ready and the better player in year 1.

Now Okafor is in a worse situation than Towns but even in a vacuum Towns has been the better player.
Jahlil does still need time, but he'll be fine.

swagga
02-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Fixed.

this fagqot still mad about lebron :oldlol:
rent free for 10 years .. must be a new record tbh.

swagga
02-02-2016, 02:39 PM
one plays on a playoff contending team, with hot trash besides melo, under insane media pressure.

the other plays on a top 4 lotto team, with andrew wiggins, with no pressure.

maybe, just maybe, basketball ability is more than raw stats.:rolleyes:

Town's Town
02-02-2016, 03:13 PM
one plays on a playoff contending team, with hot trash besides melo, under insane media pressure.

the other plays on a top 4 lotto team, with andrew wiggins, with no pressure.

maybe, just maybe, basketball ability is more than raw stats.:rolleyes:
Apparently Porzi plays with excuses as well. :rolleyes: