PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott is a ****ing idiot and destroying Russell's confidence

Nick Young
02-02-2016, 12:33 AM
MacLean later said Russell "might be the best passer I've ever seen, and I think he's still playing tentative because he's looking over his shoulder. He's coming off the bench. And if Byron Scott would just say, 'You know what, D'Angelo? I don't care if you turn it over 15 times tonight, you're going to play 35 minutes. Go for it, and go for it,' [Russell] will figure it out. He really will."

Then, speaking of Russell, Scott said, "You don't let a guy go out there and just almost embarrass himself or kill himself by playing 35 minutes and creating 10, 12, 15 turnovers. I mean, the one thing it can do is self-destruct him as an individual."

Good to know that Scott has confidence in his players. I am sure that Russell feels like Scott believes in him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14693995/byron-scott-says-dangelo-russell-limited-pt-los-angeles-lakers-precautionary

SwayDizzle
02-02-2016, 12:34 AM
i hate byron scott

Akrazotile
02-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Scott is right.

If you cant play 35 minutes without turning it over 15 times, sit on the bench. Work on your shit in practice and in whatever playing time you get and once you prove you deserve more time youll get it.

Why tf would you let him go out and develop shitty habits knowing he'll never be accountable??

SpaceJam
02-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Don MacLean in response to Byron Scott: "Just because you choose to coach doesn't mean you're a good coach."

Nick Young
02-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Scott is right.

If you cant play 35 minutes without turning it over 15 times, sit on the bench. Work on your shit in practice and in whatever playing time you get.

Why would you let him go out and develop shitty habits knowing he'll never be accountable??
I personally believe that Russell is capable of completing 35 minutes without 15 turnovers. He might have a few bad games, but he is not going to consistently be putting up 10+ TOs a game. Scott isn't even giving him a chance.

ALSO Lakers need to tank. If Russell does turn it over that many times a game IT'S A GOOD THING. He will learn from his mistakes. It won't destroy his confidence. He's a pro-athlete, he's not a sheltered baby. You don't get to where Russell is if your confidence is destroyed that easily.

The one thing that MIGHT destroy Russell's confidence is his coach saying shit like this to the media.

Akrazotile
02-02-2016, 12:51 AM
I personally believe that Russell is capable of completing 35 minutes without 15 turnovers. He might have a few bad games, but he is not going to consistently be putting up 10+ TOs a game. Scott isn't even giving him a chance.

ALSO Lakers need to tank. If Russell does turn it over that many times a game IT'S A GOOD THING. He will learn from his mistakes. It won't destroy his confidence. He's a pro-athlete, he's not a sheltered baby. You don't get to where Russell is if your confidence is destroyed that easily.

The one thing that MIGHT destroy Russell's confidence is his coach saying shit like this to the media.

If you had a guy who was clearly very mature and discplined and hard on himself, you might say ok go play and work out your mistakes.

A guy like Russell getting carte blanch I feel like will only inflate his ego and give him a sense that however he wants to do it will be good enough. Obviously I dont know for sure. But I wouldnt be surprised if that's Byron's thinking. I think there may be a feeling he needs a lesson in earning it.

Cocaine80s
02-02-2016, 12:53 AM
:biggums:
Scott is a great coach

Russel is just playing like a ****ing scrub, they shouldve taken Okafor

Nick Young
02-02-2016, 12:54 AM
If you had a guy who was clearly very mature and discplined and hard on himself, you might say ok go play and work out your mistakes.

A guy like Russell getting carte blanch I feel like will only inflate his ego and give him a sense that however he wants to do it will be good enough. Obviously I dont know for sure. But I wouldnt be surprised if that's Byron's thinking. I think there may be a feeling he needs a lesson in earning it.

I'm pretty sure Byron Scott's history as a shitty NBA coach implies that he doesn't know how to develop talent.

Smoke117
02-02-2016, 12:54 AM
meltdown

dubeta
02-02-2016, 12:55 AM
Kobe deserves more blame

buddha
02-02-2016, 12:57 AM
stupid ass entitled generation of people who feel like they don't have to earn or work for anything and it should just be given to them.

you're part of them OP ya bish

Jameerthefear
02-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Scott's right. The Magic let Dipo play like a meme for 2 years and now we have to re-teach him and shit. Russel gets a good amount of minutes. Reps are good, but sometimes you can teach bad habits by just letting a player play for the f*ck of it.

Haymaker
02-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Lakers will unleash him next season, pad his stats and trade his undisciplined, entitled ass out of LA. Clarkson is better than that idiot.

lilteapot
02-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Scott's right. The Magic let Dipo play like a meme for 2 years and now we have to re-teach him and shit. Russel gets a good amount of minutes. Reps are good, but sometimes you can teach bad habits by just letting a player play for the f*ck of it.
You don't know where you're talking about. There have been numerous instances this season where Russel is playing extremely well and Scott pulls him out in crunch time for absolutely no reason.

Jameerthefear
02-02-2016, 08:45 AM
You don't know where you're talking about. There have been numerous instances this season where Russel is playing extremely well and Scott pulls him out in crunch time for absolutely no reason.
Russel is #3 in minutes played among rookies you goober. Don't make me put my balls in your face again

lilteapot
02-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Russel is #3 in minutes played among rookies you goober. Don't make me put my balls in your face again

That doesn't mean he's getting playing time in the clutch you worthless dick sucking sack of dog shit

DMV2
02-02-2016, 08:48 AM
i think it's Kirby who's destroying Dlo's confidence. he's playing with a so-called leader/captain who can't even make 30% of his shots in most nights.

very discouraging.

Jameerthefear
02-02-2016, 08:50 AM
That doesn't mean he's getting playing time in the clutch you worthless dick sucking sack of dog shit
He does. You're wrong again. My balls are in your face boy :oldlol:

lilteapot
02-02-2016, 09:22 AM
He does. You're wrong again. My balls are in your face boy :oldlol:
Your balls need to drop before you can put them in anyone's face you little turd burglar.

Combat Wombat
02-02-2016, 09:54 AM

That would imply that you actually took them out of your sisters mouth for once, you sick f#ck.

SpursAllDay
02-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Your balls need to drop before you can put them in anyone's face you little turd burglar.
Salty...

swagga
02-02-2016, 11:15 AM
i think it's Kirby who's destroying Dlo's confidence. he's playing with a so-called leader/captain who can't even make 30% of his shots in most nights.

very discouraging.

probably prefers to give it to the other team than to give it to kobe for another brick. Can't blame him tbh, i'd probably do the same.

coin24
02-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Doesn't really matter at this point. Scotts a horrible coach and the lakers roster is complete shit..
If by some miracle the lakers keep the top 3 pick and land a decent rookie they need an actual coach. (Yeah right they'll draft another scrub:lol )

IGOTGAME
02-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Russell is my least favorite Laker in the last 15 years. Regardless of how he turns out as a player, guy is emo and annoying.

pastis
02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3xYWpeh.gif

hiphopfan777
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Very good coach. Made two straight finals. You hatin because he is black

PP34Deuce
02-02-2016, 01:11 PM
The issue is on both sides.

Byron Scott is not the best people person for a head coach. He's like George Karl without the brilliant mind so it's hard for him to get away with being like that.

Dangelo also seems to be very cocky and sure of himself despite some of his limitations. That said, he's a talented player that I believe could be a very good starter in the Jarrett Jack mold ( 16 PPG 5 and 6-7 assists)

LA needs a new coach that's patient. I actually believe Blatt would be good and have that team in a better spot than Scott. Thibs is too old school.

scm5
02-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Did anyone just read "might be the best passer I've ever seen"?

Exaggeration?

IGOTGAME
02-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Did anyone just read "might be the best passer I've ever seen"?

Exaggeration?

Been hearing similar silly stuff for the few months ... Absurd

kennethgriffin
02-02-2016, 02:21 PM
theres this thing called "per 36 min stats"

and per 36 minutes russell averages 3.3 turnovers per game

not anywhere near 15 a game

:roll:

lilteapot
02-03-2016, 01:51 AM
oh guess what another game going down to the wire that russel isnt playing in

Lakers Fan
02-03-2016, 02:07 AM
Other than Kobe, Nance and Bass, the rest of the team seems to dislike DLO, so he disrupts the offense which is a joke anyway. Randle, I truly believe, hates DLO with a passion

bobopenguin
02-03-2016, 02:42 AM
Other than Kobe, Nance and Bass, the rest of the team seems to dislike DLO, so he disrupts the offense which is a joke anyway. Randle, I truly believe, hates DLO with a passion

seriously? how so?

Lakers Fan
02-03-2016, 02:55 AM
seriously? how so?

Just take a look at their body language on the floor. DLO is the PG but they look for any option other than him to pass off to, even passing it inbound. Sometimes he'll be the only outlet, but his teammates are still looking for any other option, like " damn, isn't there someone else I can pass it to". And then there the respect given after he extends a high five after a shot made, they seem really unenthusiastic about reciprocating. Even on the bench, most of the players don't really talk to him. Nance, Kobe and Bass, Brown too, seem work alright with DLO, the rest don't.

I feel kind of bad for him. But he's more talented than all of them except Kobe, so I know he'll get the last laugh.

Nick Young
02-03-2016, 03:10 AM
Just take a look at their body language on the floor. DLO is the PG but they look for any option other than him to pass off to, even passing it inbound. Sometimes he'll be the only outlet, but his teammates are still looking for any other option, like " damn, isn't there someone else I can pass it to". And then there the respect given after he extends a high five after a shot made, they seem really unenthusiastic about reciprocating. Even on the bench, most of the players don't really talk to him. Nance, Kobe and Bass, Brown too, seem work alright with DLO, the rest don't.

I feel kind of bad for him. But he's more talented than all of them except Kobe, so I know he'll get the last laugh.
I don't see that at all, Russell and Randle are the next Stockton and Malone.

dazzer87
02-03-2016, 03:14 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lGD193bwLXK6gE/giphy.gif

ImKobe
02-03-2016, 03:16 AM

Yeah #3 overall because honestly this draft did not produce many players who could instantly start for a team on a consistent basis...Russ himself is coming off the bench and I'm surprised he's #3 (if that stat is correct cbf to check up right now)

Byron is the perfect coach for tanking as he's inept to coach the game of basketball but him not playing Russ more is infuriating... I guess he's trying to be hard on the kid because it worked with Kidd and CP3 but at this point he should just let him play as much as possible...Clarkson IIRC was starting at this point last yr and he was a 2nd round pick.

NugzFan
02-03-2016, 03:24 AM

:roll:

Optimus Prime
02-03-2016, 12:44 PM
If D'Bustalo's fragile little ego is upset by comments made by placeholder coach Scott then he really is a whiny emo baby. :kobe:

Wiltside
02-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Kobe Bryantis a ****ing idiot and destroying Russell's confidence
Fixed.

DukeDelonte13
02-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Byron never had any issues with minutes for Kyrie, TT, Dion, and Tyler Zeller in their respective rookie seasons.

He destroyed their confidence by not coaching them at all on the defensive end. He used to have tyler zeller in his rookie year trying to protect the rim with 0 help. :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
02-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Personally, I believe he doesn't like the kid. Coaches that take things personal would do this.

I don't know much about Deangelo, I just know he's having a tough transition from being a superstar in college to average maybe slightly above average NBA Player.

It's going to take the kid 2 more years for us to see what he really is. I see him as an all around PG that gives you 16ppg 5 rebounds and 7 assists. I don't see a Brandon Roy type 21 5 and 5 guy.

He's a better passer and playmaker than Jordan Clarkson(who should be a 6th man)

lilandywiggins
02-03-2016, 03:37 PM
You don't let a guy go out there and just almost embarrass himself or kill himself by playing 35 minutes and creating 10, 12, 15 turnovers.

Yet Scott is willing to play Kobe while he shoots 18 times to get 8 points.