PDA

View Full Version : How many titles does Bran need to pass Hakeem on the GOAT list?

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:29 AM
Hakeem was a much better defender, had better team achievement with far less help, was far more skilled, put up 33, 12, 6, 2 blocks, 2 steals in a 4-0 sweep in the finals against Shaq, etc.

I say Bran needs 4 to have a chance to pass Hakeem.

Real talk.

Black and White
02-02-2016, 02:31 AM
To me LeBron is ahead of Hakeem, 4 league MVPs and multiple accolades cannot be glossed over.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:34 AM
To me LeBron is ahead of Hakeem, 4 league MVPs and multiple accolades cannot be glossed over.

What a joke.

Hakeem won back to back titles with the worst supporting cast in the history of the NBA relative to back to back champions.

You didn't watch prime Hakeem.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 02:34 AM
Hakeem is above him imo. Dude above me says Lebron's 4 mvps cannot be glossed over, neither can his horrible finals record. He could of been a 7 time NBA champion by now, but he lost 5 times in the Finals. That's a little excessive, imo. Not to mention if we look at mvps from this era as a big arguing point, shouldn't 2 time mvp Steve Nash be in the top 15 then? Why is it that no one has Nash top 50, yet he has 2 mvps?

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 02:35 AM
What a joke.

Hakeem won back to back titles with the worst supporting cast in the history of the NBA relative to back to back champions.

You didn't watch prime Hakeem.

2013 Heat says hi.

Angel Face
02-02-2016, 02:36 AM
His current 2 rings is made in china, shit value. He needs two more.

livinglegend
Hakeem is above him imo. Dude above me says Lebron's 4 mvps cannot be glossed over, neither can his horrible finals record. He could of been a 7 time NBA champion by now, but he lost 5 times in the Finals. That's a little excessive, imo. Not to mention if we look at mvps from this era as a big arguing point, shouldn't 2 time mvp Steve Nash be in the top 15 then? Why is it that no one has Nash top 50, yet he has 2 mvps?

It's much better to lose in the 1st round :roll: :roll: :roll:

SyRyanYang
One more. 3>2 simple maths.

JohnFreeman
Ish already voted on this and LeBron was top 10

Kobe was not.

dubeta

livinglegend
His current 2 rings is made in china, shit value. He needs two more.

He is retired dumbass

Angel Face
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
He is retired dumbass

Lebron retired?

Bosnian Sajo
2013 Heat says hi.

Yea, right. At the time everyone was saying how stacked they were, don't even try flipping the script now :rolleyes:

1987_Lakers
LeBron has already surpassed Hakeem.

I can't see an arguement being made for Hakeem > LeBron

dubeta
02-02-2016, 02:38 AM
OP still fuming that Kobe is officially the 18th best player in NBA History :lol :lol

Angel Face
02-02-2016, 02:39 AM
He is retired dumbass

Oh, I forgot, he retired every 4th q of 2011 finals.

kennethgriffin
02-02-2016, 02:40 AM
LeBron has already surpassed Hakeem.

I can't see an arguement being made for Hakeem > LeBron

2 > 1* from a lockout + 1* from a bail out

?

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 02:41 AM
It's much better to lose in the 1st round :roll: :roll: :roll:

What you don't understand is that we are talking about all time great players, you have to take notice when someone is a career underachiever in big games. That's why Jerry West, Wilt, etc. are all rated lower. Wilt would be GOAT if he had 2-3 more championships, instead of just 2 (hellloooo Lebron). And it's not like Lebron is averaging 50ppg to be top 5, he is going to finish alltime top 15 at worst, but he shouldn't be above Kobe or Hakeem.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 02:42 AM
Oh, I forgot, he retired every 4th q of 2011 finals.

lamest joke of the day:oldlol: :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:43 AM
Hakeem won two DPOY awards as well as being a top 5 offensive talent in NBA history.

You just don't get it.

TWO DPOY AWARDS...DROPPED 33, 12, 6, 2, AND 2 ON SHAQ IN A SWEEP IN THE FINALS.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 02:43 AM
What you don't understand is that we are talking about all time great players, you have to take notice when someone is a career underachiever in big games. That's why Jerry West, Wilt, etc. are all rated lower. Wilt would be GOAT if he had 2-3 more championships, instead of just 2 (hellloooo Lebron). And it's not like Lebron is averaging 50ppg to be top 5, he is going to finish alltime top 15 at worst, but he shouldn't be above Kobe or Hakeem.

the first round games are as important as the finals games. If you lose 4 games, you re out.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 02:44 AM

Yet it's something that people will remember, it will get in the way when having the alltime great discussions. I'm telling you, it is what it is.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Dream led the NBA in rebounding twice and blocks three times.

Top 5 all time defender.

Angel Face
02-02-2016, 02:45 AM

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron-james-2011-nba-final-4q.jpg

:confusedshrug:

Bosnian Sajo

Top 5 all time defender.

People didn't see him play, automatically Lebron is better for this baby gap generation.

dubeta

Top 5 all time defender.

You finally admit Dream >> Kobe?

:applause:

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 02:47 AM
Yet it's something that people will remember, it will get in the way when having the alltime great discussions. I'm telling you, it is what it is.

Yeah they will remember.
1-9 will also be remembered.
And Hakeem's first round exits will also be remembered.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:47 AM
You finally admit Dream >> Kobe?

:applause:

Bran's not nearly as good as Kobe.

So your point is moot.

1987_Lakers
02-02-2016, 02:49 AM
2 > 1* from a lockout + 1* from a bail out

?

Hakeem got 2 because Jordan decided to take a break.

2 > 0

Black and White
02-02-2016, 02:52 AM

My man, if you've seen my posts on this forum, you will know I don't like LeBron James and Hakeem is one of my favourite players of all time, however I don't see any case for him over LeBron. We all like to throw around 2/6 etc which is fair, but LeBron has the hardware and accolades to back him up, he's been a dominant force in this era. I think a fair spot for him is anywhere from 8 to 12 now (personally have him higher than Hakeem), things can change of course as his career isn't over.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:55 AM
My man, if you've seen my posts on this forum, you will know I don't like LeBron James and Hakeem is one of my favourite players of all time, however I don't see any case for him over LeBron. We all like to throw around 2/6 etc which is fair, but LeBron has the hardware and accolades to back him up, he's been a dominant force in this era. I think a fair spot for him is anywhere from 8 to 12 now (personally have him higher than Hakeem), things can change of course as his career isn't over.

That makes zero sense.

Hakeem won b2b titles with the worst supporting cast in the history of any repeat champion. Dream has two DPOY awards. Dream didn't collude in his prime two separate times to form super-teams with superstars. Etc. Etc. Etc.

You make zero sense.

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 02:56 AM
Only an idiot would put Hakeem over LeBron. No disrespect to the other posters here.

Hakeem was eliminated 8x in the first round of the playoffs.

He already surpassed Kobe, and Hakeem when LeBron won his 2nd Finals MVP in 2013.

4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP > 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

LeBron's stats (Regular Season, Playoffs and Finals) > Hakeem Olajuwon's

1987_Lakers
02-02-2016, 02:57 AM

Spot on.

LeBron has pretty much everything over Hakeem in terms of career accomplishments, I don't see how this is a debate.

A prime Hakeem didn't get past the 1st round for like 5 years in a row, could you imagine how much shit LeBron would get around here if that happened to him?

stalkerforlife
Only an idiot would put Hakeem over LeBron. No disrespect to the other posters here.

Hakeem was eliminated 8x in the first round of the playoffs.

He already surpassed Kobe, and Hakeem when LeBron won his 2nd Finals MVP in 2013.

But you never saw Hakeem play.

And you're a Branvestite.

Black and White
That makes zero sense.

Hakeem won b2b titles with the worst supporting cast in the history of any repeat champion. Dream has two DPOY awards. Dream didn't collude in his prime two separate times to form super-teams with superstars. Etc. Etc. Etc.

You make zero sense.

You use context for your argument against LeBron but you fail to use it in respect to Hakeems career? The fact that Jordan wasn't in the league.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 02:58 AM
Spot on.

LeBron has pretty much everything over Hakeem in terms of career accomplishments, I don't see how this is a debate.

A prime Hakeem didn't get past the 1st round for like 5 years in a row, could you imagine how much shit LeBron would get around here if that happened to him?

Hakeem didn't play in the east.

WTF?

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 02:58 AM

None taken, fat ass.

Lebron never surpassed Kobe :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 02:59 AM
None taken, fat ass.

It can definitely be argued that LeBron is better than Kobe, and it has.

1987_Lakers
02-02-2016, 03:00 AM
That makes zero sense.

You make zero sense.

The league as a whole was pretty underwhelming in talent throughout the mid 90's. The Knicks team in '94 that they beat didn't have much talent, Orlando in '95 was a very inexperienced team.

And are we going to ignore that the best player in the world in Michael Jordan wasn't even in the league at the time?

If you want to talk about supporting casts look at the 2013 Heat, dominated in the regular season, but the supporting cast vanished in the playoffs, LeBron pretty much carried that team to a title.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 03:01 AM
None taken, fat ass.

It was a done deal after 2012. Lebron has surpassed kobe long before.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:01 AM
It can definitely be argued that LeBron is better than Kobe, and it has.

It can be argued all you want, to say Lebron has already surpassed Kobe (according to lb230, after Lebron's 2nd MVP) is idiotic.

Not even Lebron himself thinks he is above Kobe, idk what yall are trying to accomplish.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:02 AM
It can be argued all you want, to say Lebron has already surpassed Kobe (according to lb230, after Lebron's 2nd MVP) is idiotic.
Why is that idiotic? Kobe has two fmvps so does LeBron?

stalkerforlife
You use context for your argument against LeBron but you fail to use it in respect to Hakeems career? The fact that Jordan wasn't in the league.

Guess who was in the league...Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Robinson, Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc.

Hakeem did THIS against a PRIME David Robinson in the west finals...

35, 13, 5, 4 blocks, on 56%.

Young X
I don't really have a "list" but Bron might already be higher.

You can argue whose peak was better or whose title runs were better but Bron clearly has an advantage outside of those few years.

Bron from '06-'11 and '14-current >> Hakeem from '86-'92 and '96-'97.

Basically he's consistently played at a dominant level for just as long if not longer while piling up 3 more MVP's, more All-NBA 1st teams, and more winning seasons/deep playoff runs.

Bosnian Sajo
It was a done deal after 2012. Lebron has surpassed kobe long before.

Naah.

Lebron23
The league as a whole was pretty underwhelming in talent throughout the mid 90's. The Knicks team in '94 that they beat didn't have much talent, Orlando in '95 was a very inexperienced team.

And are we going to ignore that the best player in the world in Michael Jordan wasn't even in the league at the time?

If you want to talk about supporting casts look at the 2013 Heat, dominated in the regular season, but the supporting cast vanished in the playoffs, LeBron pretty much carried that team to a title.

This

1987_Lakers just ended this thread.

1987_Lakers
02-02-2016, 03:03 AM
Hakeem didn't play in the east.

WTF?

So that gives Hakeem a pass for not making it past the 1st round for 5 years in a row????

LeBron carried a bunch of bums to 60+ wins and past the 1st round in '09 & '10.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 03:03 AM
Best argument for hakeem:
He couldn't make the finals. He is better. :roll:

dhsilv
02-02-2016, 03:04 AM

Yeah...it's much better to loser early than make the finals. There is something seriously wrong with anyone who actually believes losing in the finals is worse than losing in the first round. Or missing the playoffs. Or losing in the second around or the conference finals.

stalkerforlife
So that gives Hakeem a pass for not making it past the 1st round for 5 years in a row????

HAKEEM DID NOT PLAY IN THAT TYPE OF CONFERENCE AT ANY POINT IN HIS CAREER.

The east has been a JOKE since Bran was a rookie.

Lebron23
Yeah...it's much better to loser early than make the finals. There is something seriously wrong with anyone who actually believes losing in the finals is worse than losing in the first round. Or missing the playoffs. Or losing in the second around or the conference finals.

That's a terrible logic. A Losers logic.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:05 AM
Why is that idiotic? Kobe has two fmvps so does LeBron?

I'm sorry, is that what we are looking at to determine this list? In that case, Steph Curry is no where near the top 200, no fmvp, no exceptions.

Thank you for opening up my eyes, forget about Kobe's 5 chips and Lebron's countless runner ups...Lebron is a 2 time fmvp! Same as Kobe, but better because...well, because!

JohnFreeman
It's like saying, it's better to come last in the Olympics than get Silver

It's just a retarded logic

livinglegend

yet, 2012 celtics gave him more trouble than the west champion.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry, is that what we are looking at to determine this list? In that case, Steph Curry is no where near the top 200, no fmvp, no exceptions.

Thank you for opening up my eyes, forget about Kobe's 5 chips and Lebron's countless runner ups...Lebron is a 2 time fmvp! Same as Kobe, but better because...well, because!
3 rings as the backup to Shaq

what an achievement :roll:

stalkerforlife
http://s12.postimg.org/fiwmzsvn1/CIu6g_DI.jpg

1987_Lakers

The East was actually decent in 2009 & 2010, same time when LeBron carried scrubs to 60+ wins.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:09 AM
3 rings as the backup to Shaq

what an achievement :roll:

You say that as if it's something to be ashamed about :facepalm

Damn right he won 3 as Shaq's wing man, who else won 1 title with Shaq, let alone 3? Only Wade, and he doesn't have multiple. Only time Shaq was a true champion was with Kobe by his side.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 03:10 AM
You say that as if it's something to be ashamed about :facepalm

Damn right he won 3 as Shaq's wing man, who else won 1 title with Shaq, let alone 3? Only Wade, and he doesn't have multiple. Only time Shaq was a true champion was with Kobe by his side.

Who else had the chance to play with peak shaq?

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 03:11 AM
ESPN needs to update that stats

They Beat the 60 wins Hawks, and 50 wins Bulls last year.

And this season we have plenty of soon to be 50 wins teams in the Eastern Conference.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:12 AM
Who else had the chance to play with peak shaq?

Uhm, Penny? Shaq was dominant for quite some time, have you ever seen any Orlando Shaq footage?

I hope your daddy has some tapes in the basement he can show you.

Black and White
02-02-2016, 03:12 AM
Guess who was in the league...Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Robinson, Shaq, Penny, Ewing, etc.

Hakeem did THIS against a PRIME David Robinson in the west finals...

35, 13, 5, 4 blocks, on 56%.

I'm not trying to undermine Hakeems greatness, I'm just saying LeBron James was better, is that a crime?

You can't tell me that the league wouldn't have been different if Jordan hadn't retired.

If you want to debate peaks, fine, there's definitely an argument there, but looking at their whole careers so far? LeBron James.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Uhm, Penny? Shaq was dominant for quite some time, have you ever seen any Orlando Shaq footage?

I hope your daddy has some tapes in the basement he can show you.

PEAK!

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:16 AM
PEAK!

So if we were discussing the showtime Lakers, all the credit goes to Magic and none to Kareem?

Boston Celtics, all the credit goes to Russell, none to his teammates (jones, cousy, etc.)?

Bird's celtics, none of the credit goes to McHale?

Miami Heat, Lebron gets all the credit? Lmao, Lebron would only have 1 ring if it wasn't for Chris Bosh and Ray Allen, foh.

Philly, all the credit goes to Moses Malone, none to Dr. J?

Celtics again, all the credit goes to Pierce, KG and Ray were merely role players, right?

Do we even count Wilt's 2nd ring, considering he was a shell of his former self?

Such an asinine argument..

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:17 AM
So if we were discussing the showtime Lakers, all the credit goes to Magic and none to Kareem?

Boston Celtics, all the credit goes to Russell, none to his teammates (jones, cousy, etc.)?

Miami Heat, Lebron gets all the credit? Lmao, Lebron would only have 1 ring if it wasn't for Chris Bosh and Ray Allen, foh.

Things only count if they help Bran.

livinglegend
02-02-2016, 03:18 AM

Do we even count Wilt's 2nd ring, considering he was a shell of his former self?

Who said all the credit goes to Shaq?
Phil played a big part in it.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:18 AM
But nobody is saying Bosh or Mchale are in the top 10

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:21 AM
But nobody is saying Bosh or Mchale are in the top 10

Because when Bosh played as the man, he didn't make the playoffs much.

Mchale has never been the man of his team.

When Kobe was the man of his team, he led his team to 3 straight finals appearances (Shaq led the Lakers to 4) and won 2 back to back (Shaq won 3 back to back to back).

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:21 AM
Who said all the credit goes to Shaq?
Phil played a big part in it.

Don't forger about Fish.

dhsilv
02-02-2016, 03:22 AM
http://s12.postimg.org/fiwmzsvn1/CIu6g_DI.jpg

What's interesting is that Hakeem through his age 30 season had exactly 1 series win over a 50 win team.

Now he would go on to win back to back titles and go through some solid competition. That said he only beat 10 50 win teams over his 18 year career.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:22 AM
SO he only won two rings as the man?

thanks

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:23 AM
What's interesting is that Hakeem through his age 30 season had exactly 1 series win over a 50 win team.

Now he would go on to win back to back titles and go through some solid competition. That said he only beat 10 50 win teams over his 18 year career.

Proof?

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:24 AM
SO he only won two rings as the man?

thanks

And when he wasn't the man, he was averaging 30ppg on a championship team.

There is a reason why it is renown that Shaq and Kobe are the best tag team in NBA history.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Meh, not top 10

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:28 AM
True, top 5.

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:29 AM
I have Kobe at about 13

Prime Wade >

RoundMoundOfReb
02-02-2016, 03:30 AM

LeBron is already the GOAT.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:30 AM
So all this time I've been arguing with a guy who has Wade in the top 10 alltime...great :roll:

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Quote the post where I said Wade was top 10 all time

I will wait.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:33 AM
Sorry, top 12. See? 2 doesn't make a difference at all :pimp:

JohnFreeman
02-02-2016, 03:34 AM
Quote the post where I said Wade was top 12 all time.

I'll wait.

dubeta
02-02-2016, 03:34 AM
This Bosnian f*ggot is pathetic :roll:

kamil
02-02-2016, 03:35 AM
That ship sailed in 2011. LeBron* is never going to surpass Hakeem.

Let that sink in, fanboys.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:38 AM
Don't gotta quote, you can read back. This niga more forgetful than a goldfish, goldfish ass *****.

Don't ever play yourself.

dhsilv
02-02-2016, 03:38 AM
Proof?

basketball-reference.com

???

This is easy stuff to look up man. Took me all of 3 minutes.

AirBonner
02-02-2016, 03:39 AM
That ship sailed in 2011. LeBron* is never going to surpass Hakeem.

Let that sink in, fanboys.
Based on what? first round exits? agree. Bron is light years ahead.

Bosnian Sajo
basketball-reference.com

???

This is easy stuff to look up man. Took me all of 3 minutes.

And you didn't wanna link it for stalker? Fckin douchebag, smh. Johnfreeman alt confirmed.

JohnFreeman
I win, cheers.

Lebron23
How about those lockout season teams that LeBron and the Heat have defeated? Same with Timmy D and the Spurs in the 1999 NBA Season.

2012 Thunder, 2012 Pacers, and 2012 Celtics were 50 more wins team If they were playing 82 games,

They only played 66 games due to the lockout season.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:40 AM
Goldfish ass nikka...aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:42 AM
2012 Thunder, 2012 Pacers, and 2012 Celtics were 50 more wins team If they were playing 82 games,

But that's just an assumption, not a fact.

AirBonner
02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
They were good teams and they beat them. That is a fact.

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 03:44 AM

Lockout season.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:45 AM
They were good teams and they beat them. That is a fact.

But were they 50 win teams?

Lockout season.

AirBonner
02-02-2016, 03:46 AM
Lockout season.
maybe you should translate that to Bosnian :lol

SpaceJam
02-02-2016, 03:47 AM
If including lockout seasons then can add another to Kobe and a couple more to Duncan for 1999

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:48 AM
If including lockout seasons then can add another to Kobe and a couple more to Duncan for 1999

Na bro, that shit don't help Lebron, so what's the point?

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Last year LeBron and the Cavs beat the Hawks and the Bulls

7 + 2 + 3 = 12 - 50 or more teams.

Lockout season > Sidekick and role players beating 50 wins teams

Besides Kobe was not even a top 2-3 option in 1996-1998

SpaceJam
02-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Also inb4 'Kobe didn't do anything in 1999'

dhsilv
02-02-2016, 03:50 AM
And you didn't wanna link it for stalker? Fckin douchebag, smh. Johnfreeman alt confirmed.

What? I went to basketball reference, and went through their playoff games each season of his career. I don't have a pretty picture of graph for you. He posted a damn picture without even so much as a time stamp to know if it was at the start or end of the playoffs last year.

86 Lakers
94 Suns
94 Jazz
94 knicks
95 Jazz
95 Suns
95 Spurs
95 Magic
96 lakers
97 Sonics

Those are the 50 win teams hakeem beat.

if you want a source....
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/olajuha01.html

Just click on the rockets and go through every season and look at the results. God you people are lazy.

AirBonner
02-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Na bro, that shit don't help Lebron, so what's the point?
And you blatantly hate LeBron so what's the point?

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:52 AM
maybe you should translate that to Bosnian :lol

Only thing that dude can translate is calories into pounds.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 03:53 AM
And you blatantly hate LeBron so what's the point?

I don't hate him, I just think less of him than I do of Hakeem and Kobe. As does Shaq.

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 03:55 AM
Also inb4 'Kobe didn't do anything in 1999'

They got swept by the Spurs in the 2nd round. Kobe averaged a then career high 19.9 ppg in the regular season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1999-nba-western-conference-semifinals-lakers-vs-spurs.html

SpaceJam
Last year LeBron and the Cavs beat the Hawks and the Bulls

7 + 2 + 3 = 12 - 50 or more teams.

Lockout season > Sidekick and role players beating 50 wins teams

Besides Kobe was not even a top 2-3 option in 1996-1998

Okay then remove that ONE series they beat a 50+ win team those two years :oldlol:

Wade's Rings

Bron's '09 & '10 Teams weren't bums.

Bron's '09 & '10 Teams were much better than the Teams they faced in the 1st Round.

SpaceJam
02-02-2016, 03:56 AM
They got swept by the Spurs in the 2nd round. Kobe averaged a career high 19.9 ppg in the regular season.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1999-nba-western-conference-semifinals-lakers-vs-spurs.html

They eliminated a Rockets team who had 'potential' to be a 50+ win team

Lebron23
02-02-2016, 04:00 AM
And this season the Cavs are beating plenty of 50 wins teams.

Raptors, Heat, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics are winning 50 games this year.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 04:00 AM
They eliminated a Rockets team who had 'potential' to be a 50+ win team

2 + 2 + 28 = 32 50 win teams - Lebron's 12 x 2/6 = Kobe > Lebron

Trust me, I did the math.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 04:02 AM
And this season the Cavs are beating plenty of 50 wins teams.

Raptors, Heat, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics are winning 50 games this year.

We should just count 5 more 50 team wins for Lebron, just because of the potential those teams have.

Great contribution, lb230 :applause:

Go post another pic in the "post a pic" thread, and then delete it before anyone sees.

dhsilv
02-02-2016, 04:06 AM
Bron's '09 & '10 Teams weren't bums.

Bron's '09 & '10 Teams were much better than the Teams they faced in the 1st Round.

Through Hakeem's age 30 season. He entered the league at 22 so clearly this is an 9 year sample, but it's just funny that it matches lebron's career age to date. Clearly hakeem was at least offensively in his prime in his 31 and 32 season (he was a 1/4 step off his late 80's defensive speed but nobody could sustain that).

Anyway, he had a playoff series record of 5-8. He'd made it out of the first round 3 times and missed the playoffs once (in 92 and I'm not gonna lie, that roster might not be great, but it's hardly horrible).

houston
02-02-2016, 04:35 AM
he already has pass him up

this board with all this hakeem love is funny as hell

sportjames23
02-02-2016, 04:47 AM
he already has pass him up

this board with all this hakeem love is funny as hell

:oldlol:

aj1987
02-02-2016, 05:17 AM
Hakeem >> Wilt and ~30 other players > West? While we're at it, lets kick Magic out of the top 5 and put him at ~9. KAJ should be around 7.

You're using some whack ass logic.

Gileraracer
02-02-2016, 06:50 AM
7 more, so 21 more finals appearances. impossible

riseagainst
02-02-2016, 01:18 PM
2013 Heat says hi.

you the mean same "bad" supporting cast that bailed Lebron out in game 6?
okay.

:lol

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 01:28 PM
The consensus seems to be 4.

6 to pass Kobe.

4 to pass Dream.

I think he can do it; we'll see.

ShawkFactory
02-02-2016, 03:19 PM
The consensus seems to be 4.

6 to pass Kobe.

4 to pass Dream.

I think he can do it; we'll see.
One person looking for attention =\= consensus.

Quite the opposite actually.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:22 PM
One person looking for attention =\= consensus.

Quite the opposite actually.

You're a Branvestite.

I'm not a Dream stan.

I have no horse in this race.

Let that sink in.

ShawkFactory
02-02-2016, 03:26 PM
You're a Branvestite.

I'm not a Dream stan.

I have no horse in this race.

Let that sink in.
Don't get upset...I'm just stating facts.

You're one person who "thinks" that bron needs 4.

And you're just looking for attention.

So really there's zero people that think bron needs 4. Not the consensus.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Don't get upset...I'm just stating facts.

You're one person who "thinks" that bron needs 4.

And you're just looking for attention.

So really there's zero people that think bron needs 4. Not the consensus.

You obviously didn't read this thread.

ShawkFactory
02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
You obviously didn't read this thread.
Of course not..why the fvck would I waste my time doing that? :lol

It's a fair assumption that you/alts are the only ones who "believe" that (again with the quotes because I know you don't actually believe it).

Mr. Jabbar
02-02-2016, 03:38 PM
He cant, lol.

Ppl need to understand you dont get to collude the way he has in that shit conference and climb greatness rankings with it. It doesnt work like that.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Of course not..why the fvck would I waste my time doing that? :lol

It's a fair assumption that you/alts are the only ones who "believe" that (again with the quotes because I know you don't actually believe it).

Zero alts.

Your agenda is rejected.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
He cant, lol.

Ppl need to understand you dont get to collude the way he has in that shit conference and climb greatness rankings with it. It doesnt work like that.

It just hurts my basketball soul that people actually think he's an all time great.

ShawkFactory
02-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Zero alts.

Your agenda is rejected.
Who's also said 4 then?

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Who's also said 4 then?

Read the thread.

I'm not your thread slave. :lol

ShawkFactory
02-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Read the thread.

I'm not your thread slave. :lol
So no one then :lol

Your opinion is as invalid as any 'bransvestite'

sdot_thadon
02-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Zero, he's already passed Hakeem on most lists I've seen.

As somebody who got to see pretty much Hakeems entire run it makes me cringe a bit when people say you didn't see him play live and then say he won with the worst cast ever. Maybe worst of all time accolade wise but it's not like they were a lotto team. He had scrappy defenders all over the roster shooters and so many clutch role players. Maybe the most ever on the same roster. Over the back to back run so many of the "scrubs" he played with had big moments of their own. Also when declining Clyde got here amazingly he probably was still in better condition than Wade was from 2012 on for the heat.