PDA

View Full Version : WOJ: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

J Shuttlesworth
02-02-2016, 04:06 PM
No thread?

[QUOTE]The Golden State Warriors

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 04:09 PM
If Durant signs with the Warriors, I might take a break from watching NBA basketball.

This would be a parody of the "heatles" :lol

ScalsFan21
02-02-2016, 04:11 PM
I don't see it because Durant joining what will likely already be the greatest regular season team ever would miserably usurp any other "ring-chasing" that has happened across all NA pro team sports. He saw the reaction to LeBron's move, which was much more justifiable than that. Sure he'll be smart enough not to do a "decision", but joining the probable 2-time defending champions with the most transcendent offensive force in the game today who are coming off like 140 wins across 2 years?

That level of patheticism would likely go unmatched for however long the NBA lasts.

Fallen Angel
02-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Why would the Warriors do this? Dubs can't get any better than they are now.

scm5
If Durant signs with the Warriors, I might take a break from watching NBA basketball.

This would be a parody of the "heatles" :lol

KD on the Warriors would fit in so well. If it happens, I don't think anyone could stop them.

Curry
Klay
KD
Green

These guys are arguably the best shooters at their respective positions in the NBA.

MellowYellow
Not a single idea given as to how they are going to unload enough salary to afford him

BlazerRed
02-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Shitty journalism. I'll believe it when WOJ tweets it. ATM it's just pure speculation that the Warriors are putting themselves in a position to sign him.. not that Durant has given any hint that he will.

ScalsFan21
02-02-2016, 04:14 PM
But I will say this. While that would only further serve to cement Durant's beta legacy in incomprehensibly shocking ways, that team could literally go above .500 vs. an actual East all-star team.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 04:14 PM
It'd be hilarious and Bran would deserve it.

NO MORE TITLES FOR YOU.

Young X
02-02-2016, 04:15 PM
If this happens, I blame Lebron 100%. He opened the doors for this.

I can see this happening if the Spurs win this year or something. The players of this current era just have a different mentality.

Kblaze8855
I don't see it because Durant joining what will likely already be the greatest regular season team ever would miserably usurp any other "ring-chasing" that has happened across all NA pro team sports. He saw the reaction to LeBron's move, which was much more justifiable than that. Sure he'll be smart enough not to do a "decision", but joining the probable 2-time defending champions with the most transcendent offensive force in the game today who are coming off like 140 wins across 2 years?

That level of patheticism would likely go unmatched for however long the NBA lasts.

He also saw Lebron lifting two trophies. You think those dudes give a shit was someone on the internet thinks? They get to see rings on their resume and nobody can do anything about it. He can sign for 150 million dollars and win rings....think he wont consider it because of how it "looks"?

pastis
no way.

this warriors team will already be branded as one of the stackest team of all time. that could disparage currys 2nd ring and first fmvp.

if durant would join.....wtf? would a title win even count?

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
He also saw Lebron lifting two trophies. You think those dudes give a shit was someone on the internet thinks? They get to see rings on their resume and nobody can do anything about it. He can sign for 150 million dollars and win rings....think he wont consider it because of how it "looks"?

LMAO

Bran went back to Cleveland because he DOES care.

He thought he could fool people with his BS letter, and apparently he DID fool YOU.

:roll:

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 04:18 PM
no way.

this warriors team will already be branded as one of the stackest team of all time. that could disparage currys 2nd ring and first fmvp.

if durant would join.....wtf? would a title win even count?

It would count just as much as the Heat titles and a Cavs one.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 04:18 PM

You would be naive to think players don't care what their fans and/or critics say.

LeBron literally conjured up a "villain" role because of the backlash he received from the decision.

ISHGoat
02-02-2016, 04:19 PM
It'd be hilarious and Bran would deserve it.

NO MORE TITLES FOR YOU.

What's hilarious is how much Bran stays on your mind. Even in a thread about Warriors (Curry) and Kd, you somehow manage to demonstrate your obsessive hatred for an athlete that wouldn't bat an eyelash if you happen to leave this world.

Bosnian Sajo
If it ain't broke...

Done_And_Done
Why would the Warriors do this? Dubs can't get any better than they are now.

Sarcasm?

TemporaMutantur
02-02-2016, 04:20 PM
That team would be so good, it would be detrimental to basketball.

When does Curry's contract term end? Because this is probably only feasible because of how little he's getting right now, and with the impending salary cap increase, damn.

I can **** with a

CP3
JJ
KD
???
DJ

lineup though to challenge GS.

uber
This would be even worse than Lebron to Miami.

scm5
Not a single idea given as to how they are going to unload enough salary to afford him

http://*********.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/17/8447839/nba-salary-cap-projection-free-agency-2016-2017

Next season I believe the salary cap is projected to be $89 mil.

The Warriors are at $74m without bringing back Barnes and Ezeli.

That's a cool $25m left for KD to sign for.

I'm not sure if they can still bring back Ezeli and Barnes with Bird rights or whatever after they sign KD, but I'm sure they could also move Iguodala if it meant getting KD.

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 04:22 PM
This would be even worse than Lebron to Miami.

How?!?!

Wade and Curry are on the same tier.

Who is on the same tier as Bosh? Bosh has led HIS OWN team while putting up 25 and 11 and making all-star teams.

You think ANYONE on the Warriors other than Curry can lead THEIR OWN teams? Please.

Mr. Jabbar
02-02-2016, 04:22 PM
bran pulls this shit every few years with not 1 but 2 other superstars :lol

other difference being this one aint happening :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Next season I believe the salary cap is projected to be $89 mil.

The Warriors are at $74m without bringing back Barnes and Ezeli.

That's a cool $25m left for KD to sign for.

89-74=15, not 25. The Warriors would have to abandon Barnes/Ezeli and still trade contracts to sign Durant...honestly it's just not worth it. For what reason? The Warriors are by far the best team in the NBA, with the best player in the NBA and best supporting cast. Complete team. Sure, Durant might make them better, but why take the chance, the risk when you are already at the top??

And it's not like your players are getting too old, you have a team in place that will be in the playoffs for the next 10 years. Don't **** this up like the Thunder did with Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

Kblaze8855
02-02-2016, 04:23 PM
You would be naive to think players don't care what their fans and/or critics say.

LeBron literally conjured up a "villain" role because of the backlash he received from the decision.

He couldnt have cared that much....or he wouldnt have done it. He cares more for the accolades than anyones opinion. They probably all do. THe rings and praise that comes with them? The cheers drown out the hate. You win everybody loves you.

Wiltside
02-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Must be a slow news day. This has been talked about for some time now.

Rocketswin2013
02-02-2016, 04:25 PM
i'd laugh

Wiltside
02-02-2016, 04:25 PM
LMAO

He thought he could fool people with his BS letter, and apparently he DID fool YOU.

Nah, he went back because Wade can't stay healthy and Bosh didn't like him anymore, while the Cavs had Irving and a #1 pick that could be traded for an all-star.

Inferno
02-02-2016, 04:26 PM
:biggums:

stalkerforlife
02-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Nah, he went back because Wade can't stay healthy and Bosh didn't like him anymore, while the Cavs had Irving and a #1 pick that could be traded for an all-star.

That, too. :roll:

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 04:28 PM
He couldnt have cared that much....or he wouldnt have done it. He cares more for the accolades than anyones opinion. They probably all do. THe rings and praise that comes with them? The cheers drown out the hate. You win and BUMS WILL love you.

fixed that for you. depends on how you win. Durant teaming up with arguably the best team in nba history? nah I cant love that.

with Durant on the warriors that would be like some 2k myteam shit. hell no...why would you watch the nba??? you already know who winning the ship. hell that team would be so good kd could play 25 percent of the scheduled games and sit out the first two rounds of the playoffs and they would still breeze by the league. nah ill pass. nope cancelling my league pass. I want no parts of this shit. NFL REDZONE HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warriorfan
02-02-2016, 04:29 PM
what

a

time

uber
02-02-2016, 04:29 PM
How?!?!

Wade and Curry are on the same tier.

Who is on the same tier as Bosh? Bosh has led HIS OWN team while putting up 25 and 11 and making all-star teams.

You think ANYONE on the Warriors other than Curry can lead THEIR OWN teams? Please.
because this is an already established championship team .. possible b2b champions .. if KD cares about any kind of legacy he has to lead his own team to victory

Bosh has led his own team to where exactly? I give you Wade but the rest of the team was nowhere on the level of the current warriors .. i can't believe i'm defending Lebron here :hammerhead:

choppermagic
02-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Exactly this. Lebron isn't running back to Cavs if the Heat didn't look like they were dumped on in the Finals and the Cavs were young and loaded, with Love on the way. Lebron didn't go back to forsake winning. he went back to try and pump up his legacy even more and playing the savior role..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 04:31 PM
He couldnt have cared that much....or he wouldnt have done it. He cares more for the accolades than anyones opinion. They probably all do. THe rings and praise that comes with them? The cheers drown out the hate. You win everybody loves you.

LeBron never imagined he would have gotten so much flack, especially announcing his decision at a charity event.

Obviously he cares more about the accolades and titles, but dude still kept tabs on everything social media AND said as much. His "haters" practically turned him emo. :oldlol:

Mawly-G
02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Where's David Stern when you need him? lol

Holy sh!t this would break the league.

:facepalm

Kblaze8855
02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
You dont have to love it. Hes gonna be on the cover of every magazine with Steph, hes winning 65 games for the next 7-10 years, might retire with 4 rings, and have entire NBA blu rays dedicated to his team in the future. He would be on the era defining team. The praise would be unending.

He would have haters....but his name goes down as much more significant than otherwise. Just depends on what hes after.

Achilleas
02-02-2016, 04:37 PM
so you are telling me that fudge will support warriors :lebronamazed:

Young X
02-02-2016, 04:38 PM
This would only ruin Durant's "legacy" if they don't win which is something that probably won't happen.

They win, all the backlash and criticism will slowly start to disappear.

Winning changes everything. We've seen this happen time after time.

If OKC doesn't win this year, I hate to say it but he should consider this as a possible option. It's terrible for competition but it's smart.

warriorfan
02-02-2016, 04:40 PM
KD is naturally a shy beta so pairing him with a true Alpha like Curry will be a great fit for chemistry

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 04:42 PM
If the Warriors win b2b titles, just before Durant happens to sign with them, nobody that isn't a casual basketball fan would take the subsequent titles seriously.

This would literally be the exception to "winning cures everything". Keep telling yourselves otherwise though.

Dragonyeuw
02-02-2016, 04:45 PM
That would break the NBA if that happened. The best player, arguably second best player( 3rd at worse), best or 2nd best shooting guard, who are basically the 3 best shooters in the league, plus Green and crew? Nope, that would have to be nixed 'for basketball reasons'.

ArbitraryWater
02-02-2016, 04:46 PM
If the Warriors win b2b titles, just before Durant happens to sign with them, nobody that isn't a casual basketball fan would take the subsequent titles seriously.

This would literally be the exception to "winning cures everything". Keep telling yourselves otherwise though.

yup.. it would be a lot more tolerable move, if the Cavs had a few more bounces go their way last year, win, GSW on 'revenge' tour this year (feels like it anyway), break regular season record, again lose in playoffs... then KD comes. It would still be unfair though. Unseen and never before we'd have had such a thing.

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 04:52 PM
You dont have to love it. Hes gonna be on the cover of every magazine with Steph, hes winning 65 games for the next 7-10 years, might retire with 4 rings, and have entire NBA blu rays dedicated to his team in the future. He would be on the era defining team. The praise would be unending.

He would have haters....but his name goes down as much more significant than otherwise. Just depends on what hes after.

youre high if you think the praise would be unending. he will be become a villain. And you keep looking at steph...just steph....you do know if Durant joins them we pretty much looking at 5 hall of famers (potentially) playing together right???????????

That's what u want the league to become a league where the best players team up and crush the league every 10 years? **** outta here

I thought LeBron going to south beach was bad....damn....the heat wasn't shit before bron got there lets be honest....this is just bad...bad for the brand...but for the coaches...bad for the players...bad for mankind

Fallen Angel
02-02-2016, 04:53 PM
How much of the Warriors roster would have to be gutted out just to fit Kevin Durant's max contract?

Young X

This would literally be the exception to "winning cures everything". Keep telling yourselves otherwise though.People were saying the same shit in the summer of 2010...3 years later Lebron went from being the most hated athlete in the world to being universally accepted as the king of the league and a top 10 all time player. You actually had people downgrading his supporting cast to boost up those rings.

I'm telling you, winning is all that matters.

I was saying the same thing you're saying now about Lebron 6 years ago and people were telling me it wouldn't end up mattering. And they were right.

Kblaze8855

And since when do non casual fans determine ones legacy?

I know Bob Petitt . Casual fans don't. He isn't coming up in best pf talks. Maybe on ISH....not day to day in the real world.

casual fan are who determine how history sees you. Do you think the world gives a shit what I think about Bob McAdoo?

casual fans care about the big story. The obvious flashy story lines in players. There's no way Kevin Durant will go down as significant in history scoring more and losing in Oklahoma than winning a handful of titles on the Warriors.

you and I can think whatever we want about how he won them. If dude retires with two or three MVPs and a fist full of rings he's been ranked all time great and a lot higher then youmight like.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Kblaze I disagree whole heartedly. Not gonna continue debating a hypothetical though.

People were saying the same shit in the summer of 2010...3 years later Lebron went from being the most hated athlete in the world to being universally accepted as the king of the league and a top 10 all time player. You actually had people downgrading his supporting cast to boost up those rings.

I'm telling you, winning is all that matters.

I was saying the same thing you're saying now about Lebron 6 years ago and people were telling me it wouldn't end up mattering. And they were right.

This would make the decision look like childs play.

At least with Miami they were never a contender before LeBron signed. Bosh had never won anything and Wade was on and off with injuries. Totally different scenario. Trust me on this. :lol

scm5
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
89-74=15, not 25. The Warriors would have to abandon Barnes/Ezeli and still trade contracts to sign Durant...honestly it's just not worth it. For what reason? The Warriors are by far the best team in the NBA, with the best player in the NBA and best supporting cast. Complete team. Sure, Durant might make them better, but why take the chance, the risk when you are already at the top??

And it's not like your players are getting too old, you have a team in place that will be in the playoffs for the next 10 years. Don't **** this up like the Thunder did with Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

Oh my bad. You're right.

I think if they move Iguodala (kinda redundant w/ KD since they play the same position) they should be able to sign KD. Iggy will be an expiring and he'll be pushing 33.

The Warriors FO will obviously give up anyone but Curry, Klay, and Green in their attempts to sign KD.

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
This would make the decision look like childs play.

At least with Miami they were never a contender before LeBron signed. Bosh had never won anything and Wade was on and off with injuries. Totally different scenario. Trust me on this. :lol

my point exactly. this shit would be bad for the game

Ariza4three
02-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Dunno how I should feel.

On one hand, he won't be working for Clay Bennett
On the other hand, he will be taking the easy way out.

dazzer87
02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
horrible MOVE.....by GSW here..... They dont need another great Free Throw shooter....What is curry shooting now over 90%? Horrible move imho

outbreak
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
If the warriors win this season do they still even want to do this? Sure they get one of the best guys in the league but if they have a working formula would they want to mess with it?

Also it's hard to compare to lebron's decision, sure it'd impact Durant's legacy and everyone would put an asteriks on his future rings but at the same time part of why lebron had so much overwhelming hate was the way he handled it. I understand his announcement was for charity but he could have politely told the cavs management first that he was leaving and he didn't need to carry on the way he did with all the "not 1 not 2" and "this gonna be easy" shit that he did. He played up to the villain role like he was a character on a reality tv series during those early days on the heat.

Jyap9675
02-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not a fan of this at all. There's only one ball.

Wiltside
02-02-2016, 05:24 PM
If the warriors win this season do they still even want to do this? Sure they get one of the best guys in the league but if they have a working formula would they want to mess with it?

Also it's hard to compare to lebron's decision, sure it'd impact Durant's legacy and everyone would put an asteriks on his future rings but at the same time part of why lebron had so much overwhelming hate was the way he handled it. I understand his announcement was for charity but he could have politely told the cavs management first that he was leaving and he didn't need to carry on the way he did with all the "not 1 not 2" and "this gonna be easy" shit that he did. He played up to the villain role like he was a character on a reality tv series during those early days on the heat.
Even championship teams look to improve to stay ahead of the curve. They have to try and make it an unstoppable dynasty if possible. If they pass on Durant and then lose, they'd kick themselves even more for passing up such an opportunity.

D. Toretto
02-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Funny how these proclaimed "GOAT"s Bron and Durant must go to another team to win a ring.

bdreason
02-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Don't want him. Ring chase somewhere else.

outbreak
02-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Even championship teams look to improve to stay ahead of the curve. They have to try and make it an unstoppable dynasty if possible. If they pass on Durant and then lose, they'd kick themselves even more for passing up such an opportunity.
agree but bringing in durant is going to change the offence. I think you probably have to do it but it's an interesting question imo

warriorfan
02-02-2016, 05:29 PM
if someone thinks they should sign harrison barnes to a max over kevin durant they need to get taken out back and shot

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 05:31 PM

they can make it unstoppable without Durant...you do understand that right???? you prolly don't. if they win this year thatll be back to back titles WITHOUT Durant right? so therefore they can win titles WITHOUT Durant right? of course players age and you have to keep young,fresh,great players waiting in the wings but Durant isn't the answer. you wanna beat Durant to win rings not have him on your team ALONG potentially 3 OTHER HALL OF FAMERS.

ITS BAD FOR THE LEAGUE

Dresta
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
You're always making this nonsense point, as if context is irrelevant when it comes to rings. If the Warriors were to win two straight rings and Durant join them, if they didn't win a chip it would be pure embarrassment for him, and if they did, why would anyone care about Durant's contribution considering they managed the same feat without him?

You're living in a fantasy world if you think such things don't matter at all.

Fallen Angel
02-02-2016, 05:35 PM
There are better ways to make your roster better than just gutting it to fit a max player.

Golden State's core can and will stay at the top of the league for the next five years, they can improve themselves by bettering their depth at the wing and at PF.

Just to fit Durant would mean parting ways with at least two players from their main rotation that have proven themselves to be vital pieces to this team.

outbreak
02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
There are better ways to make your roster better than just gutting it to fit a max player.

Golden State's core can and will stay at the top of the league for the next five years, they can improve themselves by bettering their depth at the wing and at PF.

Just to fit Durant would mean parting ways with at least two players from their main rotation that have proven themselves to be vital pieces to this team.
Look at what happened to dallas when they let guys go to try and land a star.

Terahite
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
KD on the Warriors would fit in so well. If it happens, I don't think anyone could stop them.

Curry
Klay
KD
Green

These guys are arguably the best shooters at their respective positions in the NBA.

:bowdown:

HoopologyPhD
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Doubt he does it unless he hates money, CA has some of the worst taxes in US.

Bosnian Sajo
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
youre high if you think the praise would be unending. he will be become a villain. And you keep looking at steph...just steph....you do know if Durant joins them we pretty much looking at 5 hall of famers (potentially) playing together right???????????

That's what u want the league to become a league where the best players team up and crush the league every 10 years? **** outta here

I thought LeBron going to south beach was bad....damn....the heat wasn't shit before bron got there lets be honest....this is just bad...bad for the brand...but for the coaches...bad for the players...bad for mankind

Are you dumb? The team has been assembled, these dudes have been playing together for a while. It's only 1 guy changing teams, not multiple players from different teams. How would this possibly be as bad as Miami? Miami practically got rid of their entire team so they could sign Bosh, James, and Miller. Only players that were left were Wade, Haslem, and Chalmers.

I'm not saying I want Durant to join the Warriors, I personally think the Warriors will be successful with or without him, but this in no way would be looked at as "evil" by anyone other than OKC fans and a few Lebron fans, purely because of jealousy.

outbreak
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Isn't Durant on a 300 million dollar 10 year shoe deal?

warriorfan
02-02-2016, 05:45 PM

yea, **** women weed and weather

better to just squirrell away an extra million or two as you rot away in oklahoma fuccing city

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

houston
02-02-2016, 06:03 PM

yup you see the bigger picture

Kblaze8855
02-02-2016, 06:08 PM
You're always making this nonsense point, as if context is irrelevant when it comes to rings. If the Warriors were to win two straight rings and Durant join them, if they didn't win a chip it would be pure embarrassment for him, and if they did, why would anyone care about Durant's contribution considering they managed the same feat without him?

Dude...what is...people not caring? How does that look in your head? The Warriors would be the most popular team in the NBA....by a lot. Millions of fans new and old. Hes scoring 25-30 a game winning multiple rings. What to you...is the world not caring? I'll tell you what it is it reality....

Its so called "real" fans ranking him lower than his accomplishments on irrelevant online polls and casual fans doing what they always have.....counting rings and watching highlights.

Like some 17 year old Warriors bandwaggoner gives a shit how Doctor J won his ring as opposed to Kevin Durant...

Normal people...are not us.

Hardcore fans always overestimate the emotional connection causal fans have to whats "right" in our eyes. I was telling people here Lebron would be beloved when he won....he won...most popular athlete in the world....I was telling people Lebron goes back to the Cavs...they would accept him and Cavs fans would embrace him. Im told people are smarter than that....that hes an outcast for life...redandblack was telling me hed abandon the team.

Every word of what I said would happen happened....the instant him returning was even rumored. These dudes camping outside his moms house...

Normal fans are not as judgmental as hardcore forum posters are.

They have loved every winner...they would love Durant. We would make topics full of rolling emoticons...then 60 thousand people show up at the champions parade 20 thousand of them in Durant jerseys as ESPN makes montages and he gets twice the endorsements.

You never go wrong assuming the worst of casual fans. Thats a winning bet.

Inferno
02-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I doubt this happens :oldlol:

buddha
02-02-2016, 06:12 PM
KD wont be a villain if he leaves OKC. that city doesn't even deserve a franchise, they're never gonna win a championship. I hope KD and Westbrook leave their hill billy asses.

KD to GS and Westbrook to The Lakers to play with Ben Simmons and D'Angelo Russell.

Derka
02-02-2016, 06:29 PM
LMAO

What are you on about? He cared after he won his two rings.

miggyme1
02-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Are you dumb? The team has been assembled, these dudes have been playing together for a while. It's only 1 guy changing teams, not multiple players from different teams. How would this possibly be as bad as Miami? Miami practically got rid of their entire team so they could sign Bosh, James, and Miller. Only players that were left were Wade, Haslem, and Chalmers.

I'm not saying I want Durant to join the Warriors, I personally think the Warriors will be successful with or without him, but this in no way would be looked at as "evil" by anyone other than OKC fans and a few Lebron fans, purely because of jealousy.

im dumb??? b*itch I hope your an infant. how is the heat joining up not worse than this????? you really asked that dumb ass question even though I stated why??? f*ck outta here and stop wasting my time f*cking bum

Nash
02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Woj specials are the worst, he doesn't know shit. Everything that isn't official from the league he has no clue about.

also he has this podcast up that he's trying to promote

Cocaine80s
02-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Nah, he's coming to Cleveland

FLDFSU
02-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Exactly this. Lebron isn't running back to Cavs if the Heat didn't look like they were dumped on in the Finals and the Cavs were young and loaded, with Love on the way. Lebron didn't go back to forsake winning. he went back to try and pump up his legacy even more and playing the savior role..

So if that is true, that the Cavs were "young and loaded, with Love on the way" why didn't Carmelo Anthony visit the Cavs when he was a free agent? Why didn't Wade or Bosh?

How come Lebron James was the only one that knew the Cavs were "young and loaded" and were a potential championship team?

Does Lebron have a special ability to see into the future or some expert knowledge that the rest of the NBA does not have?

plowking
02-02-2016, 08:41 PM

No. They would count, and your opinion wouldn't matter.

People act like this shit didn't happen before and all this other bullshit. Yes, it did.

Wilt joined a Lakers team that had West and Baylor after coming off what most considered his best season ever at Philly.
West was averaging 26/6/6 the previous year, and Baylor was putting up 26/12/5. This is the stacked team Wilt joined.

Charles Barkley joins Houston after averaging 23/12/4... lol.
Drexler joins after averaging 22/6/5... And we all know what kind of form Hakeem was in. What makes this any more justifiable? Because they're slightly older?

Lets talk about Magic "I'll only leave college if I get to play with the best player in the league" Johnson. Dude was "colluding" straight out of college. :oldlol:

I'm guessing Moses Malone didn't just join Philly because he liked the city too. You know... Dr J, Mo Cheeks. Andrew Toney, etc.

It is only wrong, and titles only don't count when this era of players do it.

Funnily enough, funny how the guys who were most in uproar about this kinda stuff happening were the ones that actually did it throughout their careers. :oldlol:
Charles and Magic were the most vocal about how back in the day this wasn't the norm... :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
No. They would count, and your opinion wouldn't matter.

People act like this shit didn't happen before and all this other bullshit. Yes, it did.

Wilt joined a Lakers team that had West and Baylor after coming off what most considered his best season ever at Philly.
West was averaging 26/6/6 the previous year, and Baylor was putting up 26/12/5. This is the stacked team Wilt joined.

Charles Barkley joins Houston after averaging 23/12/4... lol.
Drexler joins after averaging 22/6/5... And we all know what kind of form Hakeem was in. What makes this any more justifiable? Because they're slightly older?

Lets talk about Magic "I'll only leave college if I get to play with the best player in the league" Johnson. Dude was "colluding" straight out of college. :oldlol:

I'm guessing Moses Malone didn't just join Philly because he liked the city too. You know... Dr J, Mo Cheeks. Andrew Toney, etc.

It is only wrong, and titles only don't count when this era of players do it.

Funnily enough, funny how the guys who were most in uproar about this kinda stuff happening were the ones that actually did it throughout their careers. :oldlol:
Charles and Magic were the most vocal about how back in the day this wasn't the norm... :oldlol:

Obviously they would count, but how much they do is what we're discussing.

Golden State winning another ring this season, and KD signs up in the summer? You're telling me you'll value his ring like you did with LeBron's first in Miami?

Every player and scenario you listed pales in comparison. lol @ using a quote from Magic in college. The Lakers weren't even a championship caliber team before he was drafted there anyway, but yea, good point dude.

plowking
02-02-2016, 08:50 PM

Who is to say they win a title next season if they win one now without him? Teams that stay stagnant in terms of roster changes are the ones that eventually fall off and fall behind.

Being proactive is the right approach. Even if they lose with Durant next season, who is to say they wouldn't have lost without him?

A ring is a ring. Context is important. Then again, do we ever hear that one of Bird's rings is worth less than someone else's because he didn't win FMVP?
All we hear about is how amazing Magic and Kareem were, etc. Do we hear about how they only had to beat a 39 win team to make the finals?
We don't hear about the shitty competition for Magic, or some average performances for Bird, or how watered down the league was when Jordan won, etc. Hell, we don't even hear about how Kobe missed a game in the finals and only averaged like 16ppg in his first one. All we hear is 5 rings.
Even the biggest Lebron haters on here rarely mention "collusion" rings anymore.
Most people realize how hard it is to win a championship on average, in a given season.

plowking
02-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Obviously they would count, but how much they do is what we're discussing.

Golden State winning another ring this season, and KD signs up in the summer? You're telling me you'll value his ring like you did with LeBron's first in Miami?

Every player and scenario you listed pales in comparison. lol @ using a quote from Magic in college. The Lakers weren't even a championship caliber team before he was drafted there anyway, but yea, good point dude.

Sixers were in the finals a few times before Moses came along...
We all know what Hakeem was doing a year before Clyde and Barkley got there.

The Lakers were a 47 win team, and a 2nd round team in the playoffs, with the best player in the league before Magic came... They were clearly a big time threat to most teams, and on the verge of improving/adding one more piece to compete. To put that into perspective. Imagine a pick the caliber of Bron or Melo as a rookie going to the someone like the 02-03 Lakers. :oldlol:
Similar amount of wins, and a 2nd round exit team. :oldlol:

Draz
02-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Seems like the Clippers are willing to sign & trade for Durant with Blake

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Sixers were in the finals a few times before Moses came along...
We all know what Hakeem was doing a year before Clyde and Barkley got there.

The Lakers were a 47 win team, and a 2nd round team in the playoffs, with the best player in the league before Magic came... They were clearly a big time threat to most teams, and on the verge of improving/adding one more piece to compete.

Again, the Lakers weren't a championship caliber team and hindsight is always 20/20. Nobody knew they were going to the finals and that Magic would win FMVP right outta the gate. Get real.

It also wasn't talked about because Magic hadn't established himself as an MVP caliber player. Dude was a f*cking rookie. :oldlol:

Barkley, Hakeem and Clyde? All out of their primes. Just watch a few games from that season. Next year they added Pippen, and Barkley resembled an oompa loompa. :oldlol: I'll give you the Sixers and Moses Malone. That is one I can't explain away or really even excuse. Definitely one of the most lopsided trades in history. Philly ended up going over the hump with Moses in place of Dawkins though, and had never won a title w/ that group up until that point.

Assuming what I say happens, as Golden State are clearly favorites to win this years title, how much would you value Durant winning a chip over there? You're obviously huge on context, so how and where do you rate it next to LeBron's in Miami?

TheMarkMadsen
02-02-2016, 09:29 PM
If it ain't broke...

EXACLTLY THIS

why you would want to add another guy who will want to take 20+ FGA per game on a team that is built around Curry and ball movement is beyond me

Thunderfan86
02-02-2016, 09:58 PM
KD wont be a villain if he leaves OKC. that city doesn't even deserve a franchise, they're never gonna win a championship. I hope KD and Westbrook leave their hill billy asses.

KD to GS and Westbrook to The Lakers to play with Ben Simmons and D'Angelo Russell.
Say bro.....you need to watch your fvcking mouth. :mad:

plowking
02-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Again, the Lakers weren't a championship caliber team and hindsight is always 20/20. Nobody knew they were going to the finals and that Magic would win FMVP right outta the gate. Get real.

It also wasn't talked about because Magic hadn't established himself as an MVP caliber player. Dude was a f*cking rookie. :oldlol:

Barkley, Hakeem and Clyde? All out of their primes. Just watch a few games from that season. Next year they added Pippen, and Barkley resembled an oompa loompa. :oldlol: I'll give you the Sixers and Moses Malone. That is one I can't explain away or really even excuse. Definitely one of the most lopsided trades in history. Philly ended up going over the hump with Moses in place of Dawkins though, and had never won a title w/ that group up until that point.

Assuming what I say happens, as Golden State are clearly favorites to win this years title, how much would you value Durant winning a chip over there? You're obviously huge on context, so how and where do you rate it next to LeBron's in Miami?

I would rate it the same as a Lebron ring if he does it as the best player on the team. Or any other for the main guy on the team in that case.
A championship is a championship. Context? Context is saying one guy played the best basketball you've seen in a final, eg Shaq or Wade for example. Context is saying a team could have won if not for injuries, eg Cavs last year, Lakers in 2004, or the Bird's Celtics in 87.

People love raving on how Hakeem won against all odds, yet his 2 aren't worth any more than anyone elses. No one has Hakeem above Bird or others. Why? Because he wasn't as good as Bird.

People are acting as if a championship is guaranteed if Durant goes to GSW. It isn't.

So what happens if they win next year with Durant? We pretend it didn't happen and no one really gained anything? No. Durant has a ring at the end of the day, and we continue to watch basketball.
I support it too. As a team you want to constantly get better. Durant gives them that opportunity. You are proactive, not letting your team slip, a guy with motivation to win comes in, etc.

Some of you are almost saying "you can get good, but don't get too good" with how teams try and build their teams.

plowking
02-02-2016, 10:42 PM
EXACLTLY THIS

why you would want to add another guy who will want to take 20+ FGA per game on a team that is built around Curry and ball movement is beyond me

He could make them even better? Who is to say they would win the next season without him?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I would rate it the same as a Lebron ring if he does it as the best player on the team. Or any other for the main guy on the team in that case.
A championship is a championship. Context? Context is saying one guy played the best basketball you've seen in a final, eg Shaq or Wade for example. Context is saying a team could have won if not for injuries, eg Cavs last year, Lakers in 2004, or the Bird's Celtics in 87.

People love raving on how Hakeem won against all odds, yet his 2 aren't worth any more than anyone elses. No one has Hakeem above Bird or others. Why? Because he wasn't as good as Bird.

People are acting as if a championship is guaranteed if Durant goes to GSW. It isn't.

So what happens if they win next year with Durant? We pretend it didn't happen and no one really gained anything? No. Durant has a ring at the end of the day, and we continue to watch basketball.
I support it too. As a team you want to constantly get better. Durant gives them that opportunity. You are proactive, not letting your team slip, a guy with motivation to win comes in, etc.

Some of you are almost saying "you can get good, but don't get too good" with how teams try and build their teams.

Just like you rate players on their production why ignore supporting casts and help? We would know that without Durant, Golden State already had (potentially) THE greatest record in NBA history coming off back-to-back titles.

Not even arguing from a GM's vantage point.

I'm simply talking about how we analyze, judge and historically rank these players with the context we're given. Durant's ring(s) would definitely count, although given the information above, save for casuals not many would value them the same as, say, LeBron or Jordan's rings.

Hakeem's 2 titles which featured a limited supporting cast, is a MAJOR reason dude is even in top 10 discussions to begin with. Just saying.

Ca$H
02-02-2016, 10:56 PM
I don't think renouncing Rush would be necessary. His cap hold is small. They should re-sign him using bird rights. Sign Pau for the MLE. Re-sign Barbosa for the minimum.

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Barbosa
Durant/Rush
Draygod/Looney
Gasol/Ezeli

:applause:

dabigbaws
02-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Once durant wins this year all this talk will be over

TheMarkMadsen
02-02-2016, 11:33 PM
He could make them even better? Who is to say they would win the next season without him?

or he could make them even worse. This isn't 2k, team building doesn't work like that.

They would have to change up a lot of what they do offensively and there is really no reason for that.

plowking
02-02-2016, 11:36 PM
or he could make them even worse. This isn't 2k, team building doesn't work like that.

They would have to change up a lot of what they do offensively and there is really no reason for that.

They could lose next season without him. We saw what happened to the Heat when they didn't make significant roster changes; they got found out.

warriorfan
02-02-2016, 11:36 PM
nah durant would have an 80% TS if he played next to steph curry

KD shooting open gym shots and driving wide open lanes all day...it would be unstoppable

Klay there spacing the floor as well

If Steph, Klay, Durant all played together and were not greedy and just took shots within the flow of the game they would have the best offense in the history of the game

Fallen Angel
02-02-2016, 11:46 PM
I don't think renouncing Rush would be necessary. His cap hold is small. They should re-sign him using bird rights. Sign Pau for the MLE. Re-sign Barbosa for the minimum.

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Barbosa
Durant/Rush
Draygod/Looney
Gasol/Ezeli

They can't afford to keep Ezeli or Barnes if they bring in Durant. To sign back their other role players you'd be asking them to take minimum offers just for a piece of ring. Those players like Barbosa already have a ring, so they're better off focusing on their money instead of their legacy.

TheMarkMadsen
02-02-2016, 11:55 PM
They could lose next season without him. We saw what happened to the Heat when they didn't make significant roster changes; they got found out.

why are you talking about next season as if this season is already finished?

The Warriors are young and barely even hitting their prime. They literally get better every year. Jordan's bulls were pretty consistent in their separate runs. 80's Celtics and Lakers had the same nucleus.

houston
02-03-2016, 12:54 AM
plowking is right on the money

great players want to play with great players. You always want to increase your chances of winning.

Every team in the NBA has done this through trades and sign free agents.

the 82 Lakers won the championship and had number 1 draft pick the following year. Rockets tank back 2 back seasons to get Hakeem and Sampson that why they made the lottery in the first place. Moses did the same thing Lebron did in the 80's. Zeke colluded with his boy Aguirre to come to the Pistons. Hell Hakeem colluded with his boy Drexler come to the Rockets:oldlol:

Ca$H
02-03-2016, 12:57 AM
They can't afford to keep Ezeli or Barnes if they bring in Durant. To sign back their other role players you'd be asking them to take minimum offers just for a piece of ring. Those players like Barbosa already have a ring, so they're better off focusing on their money instead of their legacy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-warriors-can-afford-to-sign-kevin-durant-043710075.html

Nope.

HOoopCityJones
02-03-2016, 01:16 AM
Just funny how shit works.

Ni99as give Kobe and Lebron shit all day about who've they've managed to win with now we gonna act like if KD Teams up with currently the hottest Team in the NBA along with arguably the best player, post two NBA championships, and his legacy wont be tainted forever?

Looking back years from now KD could be the new Bob McAdoo. He lead the league in scoring a few times as well and won an MVP before joining the premiere Team in the league and look how people view his legacy.

All this will do is open up a whole new can of worms for Durant. "Can't win without Steph" Is already being put on Memes everywhere.

But I do agree with Kblaze that he would be a fool not to go through with it if given the chance, especially if OKC craps out again. KD went from next up to being frog leaped as the heir apparent to Lebron overnight , when people look back on his career does he really want the highlight to be when they lost to Miami in the Finals in 2012 and image of him crying on his Mother's shoulder?

Because if he never wins one, that's where he's at right now. Damned if you do, damned if ya don't.

dazzer87
02-03-2016, 01:18 AM
Once durant wins this year all this talk will be over
win what? Most FTA?

Kblaze8855
07-04-2016, 01:39 PM
as I said he doesn't care anymore. just wants the rings. and half the people so outraged have nobody to blame but themselves because they are the ones who have been pushing this argument that nothing matters except the ring count.

you try to boil basketball down into how many titles a player has this is the kind of shit we end up with.

Players who want to win no matter what because a huge segment of the population at like they suck until they do

RRR3
07-04-2016, 01:40 PM
as I said he doesn't care anymore. just wants the rings. and half the people so outraged have nobody to blame but themselves because they are the ones who have been pushing this argument that nothing matters except the ring count.

you try to boil basketball down into how many titles a player has this is the kind of shit we end up with.

Players who want to win no matter what because a huge segment of the population at like they suck until they do

It's like Dr. Frankenstein. Creating something and then whining about how it turns out.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Theres a lot of that these days. dudes paying all this money to the league via cable packages, jerseys, licensing deals for video games and expensive ass seats and hotdogs....and mad that the players are paid so much.

All the "Until he wins...he isnt shit" posters just need to lie in te bed they made. Or at least....made up. This rings>all bullshit has gotten deeper and deeper and now the players know...they get no credit for being great without the ring....so they want it by any means.

This is what we are left with.

ZenMaster
07-04-2016, 08:53 PM

Nice post.

Kblaze8855
07-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Dude has spent years reading/hearing shit like this from old topics:

Going back on topic, KD is having a hell of a regular season, but just like Lebron before 2012, until he wins a ring he will not have a place in all-time discussions.

Until KD wins a title & a Finals MVP he doesn't belong in the same sentence with Kobe. Period.

Can't be the face until he wins.

We had a topic on Skip Bayless in Durants MVP season saying Wade(at the time), Kobe(at the time), Harden, and Damian Lilliard were better in his eyes....and when people were astonished...he asked what KD had won to differentiate him from those players. He and Lilliard were equally ringless he said...so its a fair comparison.

People wil lliterally act like you arent great....due to not having a ring. They wont evaluate your game. Wont credit you for anything of significance.

Ringless.....not that great. We beat it into these people day and night...is it a wonder they start to see rings as a measuring stick and not their ability?

We dont seem to give a shit about basketball....why try to prove yourself by playing basketball well?

We can watch you play it as well as top 10-15 all timers ever did then call you top 70...

Cleverness
07-04-2016, 09:19 PM
https://youtu.be/ZPGDfjPjdWg?t=3s

Ben Simmons
07-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Dude has spent years reading/hearing shit like this from old topics:

We had a topic on Skip Bayless in Durants MVP season saying Wade(at the time), Kobe(at the time), Harden, and Damian Lilliard were better in his eyes....and when people were astonished...he asked what KD had won to differentiate him from those players. He and Lilliard were equally ringless he said...so its a fair comparison.

People wil lliterally act like you arent great....due to not having a ring. They wont evaluate your game. Wont credit you for anything of significance.

Ringless.....not that great. We beat it into these people day and night...is it a wonder they start to see rings as a measuring stick and not their ability?

We dont seem to give a shit about basketball....why try to prove yourself by playing basketball well?

We can watch you play it as well as top 10-15 all timers ever did then call you top 70...

Jerry West dropped his finals record on him

http://theundefeated.com/features/strength-in-numbers-convinced-kevin-durant-to-join-warriors/

Stringer Bell
07-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Well said. Look many times we have heard "2-4" before this year's finals...or "Kobe will never get his 6th ring to match Jordan".

Now there's people with their "LeBron has 3 but not Kobe's 5".

Since I'm a Warriors fan I am very happy about his signing, but people are indeed ridiculous when it comes to the "all or nothing, rings are everything" mentality.