PDA

View Full Version : The Bucks have a serious problem, who is their "go to guy"

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Middleton or Giannis or Parker? :confusedshrug:

Why isn't Kidd using Jabari more often. The kid is just a freak of nature. He can blow by anyone with his quickness and has a decent to deadly mid-range game. He can post up and defense has room for improvement.

2 shot attempts in 3 quarters is not gonna cut it. :banghead: :facepalm

Fallen Angel
02-03-2016, 12:45 AM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/basketball/nba/players/170x170/1755186.png

Milbuck
02-03-2016, 12:46 AM
We don't need a go-to guy yet. We have been running iirc literally the youngest rotation in the league as of recently and the average age of our starting 5 is 22 years old.

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2016, 12:51 AM
We don't need a go-to guy yet. We have been running iirc literally the youngest rotation in the league as of recently and the average age of our starting 5 is 22 years old.
Why is Middleton taking more shots than Giannis or the #2 pick of the 2014 draft? :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
02-03-2016, 12:53 AM
Why is Middleton taking more shots than Giannis or the #2 pick of the 2014 draft? :confusedshrug:
Because he's really really good? He's having a crap night but over the past two months he's been playing at a borderline all-star level. Giannis is getting his, I don't see a problem. Kid has like 20/7/4 tonight through 3 quarters.

Jabari is still working his way back. He's not ready to lead the team yet. Gotta be patient. Next season is when I'd expect him to be putting up 18-20+ nightly.

The guy that has to go is Monroe. He is just a terrible fit.

k0kakw0rld
02-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Because he's really really good? He's having a crap night but over the past two months he's been playing at a borderline all-star level. Giannis is getting his, I don't see a problem. Kid has like 20/7/4 tonight through 3 quarters.

Jabari is still working his way back. He's not ready to lead the team yet. Gotta be patient. Next season is when I'd expect him to be putting up 18-20+ nightly.

The guy that has to go is Monroe. He is just a terrible fit.
How is Kidd managing the team this year compared to last year?

Brandon Knight still needed or is MCW convinced you already?

livingby3's
02-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Here, take Knight.

ClipperRevival
02-03-2016, 02:20 AM
I thought MIL would take a positive step this year. They are young, long and athletic as hell. I always look at the box score of every game and wonder why Giannis isn't more impactful. But I guess his bball skills and feel for the game just isn't matching his raw talents because if they do, this guy is going to be beasting. Freakish length and athleticism.

MCW also has all the tools to be very impactful but it again appears like the mental aspect of the game just isn't all there.

Milbuck
02-03-2016, 02:25 AM
I thought MIL would take a positive step this year. They are young, long and athletic as hell. I always look at the box score of every game and wonder why Giannis isn't more impactful. But I guess his bball skills and feel for the game just isn't matching his raw talents because if they do, this guy is going to be beasting. Freakish length and athleticism.

MCW also has all the tools to be very impactful but it again appears like the mental aspect of the game just isn't all there.
Box scores are meaningless. The impact stats will always be skewed with how flawed, imbalanced and flat out mediocre this team is. Kid is a big impact player and without him we would be around Philly-LA level. His bball skills and feel for the game are terrific. Dude is averaging 16/7/3 a night with us going to him like half as much as we should. If we traded the plodder Monroe and morons like MCW and Bayless for an actual point guard, Giannis could easily be putting up 18-20+ a night this year. Not to mention his fantastic defense.

tsforthrees
02-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Duh doy, they don't have one. These dudes would rather deflect to jerryd Bayless or oj mayo than risk failing in the spotlight.

Disclaimer: Middleton has the talent but not the attitude, Giannis has the talent but tries too hard to be that guy without actually trying if that makes sense, and Monroe made a massive mistake signing with a team that didn't have a clear cut number one. Dude would have been money with Melo and Zinglord in NY

ClipperRevival
02-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Box scores are meaningless. The impact stats will always be skewed with how flawed, imbalanced and flat out mediocre this team is. Kid is a big impact player and without him we would be around Philly-LA level. His bball skills and feel for the game are terrific. Dude is averaging 16/7/3 a night with us going to him like half as much as we should. If we traded the plodder Monroe and morons like MCW and Bayless for an actual point guard, Giannis could easily be putting up 18-20+ a night this year. Not to mention his fantastic defense.

I'm just coming from the angle that a guy blessed with this much freakish length and athleticism should be more impactful. His 7.1 rpg is ok but I want to see more than 1.0 spg given his physical traits. But I just think his skills and feel for the game hasn't caught up to his talents. But I've only watched a few Bucks games. I mean most NBA players would kill to have his length, body and athleticism. You can't teach length.

What are your thoughts on his game?

tsforthrees
02-03-2016, 02:42 AM

Could easily be putting up 18-20 but doesn't. Deflects to vets. Says more about him than is probably comfortable for Bucks fans to admit

Prime_Shaq
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Giannis should be their main man but if they need a last second shot I might give it to Middleton instead. Jabari still needs some development.

ImKobe
02-03-2016, 08:29 AM
They are still in the developing stage, gonna take a few more seasons but Parker and Giannis will be a nice duo for years to come. Right now I'd say Middleton is their go-to guy.

golden24boy
02-03-2016, 08:34 AM
They should trade for Teague in my opinion...some three team deal with MCW,Bayless,Plumlee