PDA

View Full Version : DMC made Kings get rid of "racist" shirts

Pages : [1] 2

aj1987
02-03-2016, 07:47 AM
The Sacramento Kings canceled a T-shirt giveaway Monday night after some in the organization, including star DeMarcus Cousins, found the shirts to be racially insensitive.

The Kings had placed black shirts adorned with a purple monkey as part of their Lunar New Year celebration on seats at Monday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. The Chinese Year of the Monkey begins Feb. 8.

However, Monday also marked the first day of Black History Month, and players and coaches were wearing shirts in honor of the annual commemoration.

Cousins criticized the giveaway of Year of the Monkey T-shirts. Bucks TV analyst and former player Marques Johnson described the situation on Facebook.

"I walk into the building and DeMarcus Cousins calls me over to an animated discussion he's having with Kings operations people," he wrote. "He ask me, 'Olskool, what you think about this T Shirt? Told him a little insensitive on 1st day of Black History Month'. They pulled the shirts..."

Staff gathered all the shirts before fans arrived at Sleep Train Arena.

"We all need a lesson in sensitivity," Kings president Chris Granger said, according to the Sacramento Bee. "In an effort to celebrate Chinese New Year, we had some concerns about the T-shirt giveaway, so we pulled them all before the doors opened. Certainly we don't want to offend anybody, and we acted as soon as we heard the concern."

Johnson took to Twitter to applaud Cousins for speaking out.

There is a leaguewide initiative this season for teams to commemorate the Chinese New Year, and the rest of the Kings' Lunar New Year celebration continued as scheduled, the Bee reported.

Cousins, who recently was named to his second All-Star Game, was out Monday night with a sprained left ankle.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14695362/sacramento-kings-scrap-planned-t-shirt-giveaway-demarcus-cousins-takes-issue

http://i65.tinypic.com/bhzm6r.jpg

What a bunch of sensitive idiots. :facepalm :facepalm

keep-itreal
02-03-2016, 08:01 AM
but doesn't this make DMC the racist for thinking black people look like monkeys?
:wtf:

Haymaker
02-03-2016, 08:04 AM
If was about timing. The Kings should've done black history month shirts instead.

dunksby
02-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Them racist Chinese man, why they gotta have a monkey year at the beginning of BHM? Why does everybody think black people look like monkeys?
PS: DMC is retarded.

BuffaloBill
02-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Do the Kings always do black Chinese New Year shirts?

handbanana
02-03-2016, 08:42 AM
cancer :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

MoBe1Kanobi
02-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Bunch of ignorant entitled fratboys ITT

:facepalm

HurricaneKid
02-03-2016, 09:14 AM
NBA is trying to continue to develop its resounding success in China and the Chinese new year is the biggest holiday of the year. Kings colors are purple. Shame on China for its racist 3000 year old traditions. Which is before anyone on the continent was likely even aware of the existence of blacks.

ISHGoat
02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Cousins jus insecure cos he looks and acts like a ****ing monkey

DMV2
02-03-2016, 09:30 AM
while it is ridiculous and racist to associate the Chinese "Year of the Monkey" to any racial connotation, if Cousins didn't bring it up, some idiot gossip talking head will bring it up.

nathanjizzle
02-03-2016, 09:33 AM
black people are the most racist and ignorant :facepalm

MoBe1Kanobi
02-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Everyone on ISH from what I now know is presumably white, holds racist views, and is bisexual

:biggums:

Im outta here

Wiltside
02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Congrats, you are the 3rd person to make this thread!

Spaulding
02-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Whoa another thread on this. Fail

raprap
02-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Racism will no longer be an issue if all the people stop being so sensitive.

PP34Deuce
02-03-2016, 11:15 AM
They nipped it in the bud. The only tough thing is CA has the largest Asian population and it essentially was pick your heritage...

They went with the super star player. _#datleveragetho

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 11:20 AM
The year of the monkey vs the month of the monkey.

Which side are YOU on?

aj1987
02-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Which side are YOU on?
How about the life of the ******? The side you are on.

SugarHill
02-03-2016, 11:23 AM
That's not true

miggyme1
02-03-2016, 11:28 AM
SHIRTS WERENT RACIST. IT WAS JUST BAD TIMING.

If this had of been January,march,april,may etc. no problem.

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 11:30 AM
How about the life of the ******? The side you are on.

homo phobe :facepalm

DMV2
02-03-2016, 12:02 PM

If this had of been January,march,april,may etc. no problem.
Chinese New Year is usually in Feb(occasionally in Jan.) too.

At least, now there won't be another issue until 2028 (next Year of the Monkey).

dunksby
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM

Bad timing? It's the lunar new year, when else should they celebrate it? And why is it bad anyway?

tontoz
02-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Bad timing? It's the lunar new year, when else should they celebrate it? And why is it bad anyway?

They roll out this t-shirt on Feb 1, the first day of Black History month. Yes it is bad timing since the Chinese new year doesn't happen until Feb 8.

SugarHill
02-03-2016, 01:59 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/12237309_1163062040373860_424403191_n.jpg

here he is with bape kicks. Isn't that racist?

MEB2kDeez
02-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Racism will no longer be an issue when people stop being assholes.

Bankaii
02-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Says the guy with a purple monkey as his avy. Racist:coleman:

FireDavidKahn
02-03-2016, 06:29 PM
How is this racist at all?

Cocaine80s
02-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Didn't notice this till now. I just spent $200 on a bape hoodie too

Feelsbadman

buddha
02-03-2016, 06:40 PM
#onlyblacklivesmatter

buddha
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtp1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/12237309_1163062040373860_424403191_n.jpg

here he is with bape kicks. Isn't that racist?

it isn't about the monkey you fool. it's because they aren't giving black people enough attention.

DeMarcus Cousins is saying the Kings are being insensitive to black people by snubbing them for asians. he's being racist as ***, can't even let a ninja shine.

outbreak
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Chinese New Year is usually in Feb(occasionally in Jan.) too.

At least, now there won't be another issue until 2028 (next Year of the Monkey).
Spurs better not do a rooster shirt next season if Bonner is around.

inclinerator
02-03-2016, 06:43 PM
naww

FreezingTsmoove
02-03-2016, 06:44 PM
If youre going to be a self entitled jackass to your franchise at least lead them to the playoffs once OR AT THE VERY LEAST 30 WINS :roll:

But seriously this boils my blood because the only jerseys I buy nowadays are the chinese new year jerseys. I have Klays and Hardens from last year. I really like the purple monkey design but it looks like because of the shitty ****ing racist Kings we wont be getting any chinese new year jerseys this year

I ****ing hate todays society

How a monkey even relates to a black guy I will never understand

Levity
02-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Which side are YOU on?

haha damn

dunksby
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
They roll out this t-shirt on Feb 1, the first day of Black History month. Yes it is bad timing since the Chinese new year doesn't happen until Feb 8.
Why is it bad to wish happy lunar new year a week before?

tontoz
02-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Why is it bad to wish happy lunar new year a week before?

Because the Kings are in the USA and Feb 1 is the first day of Black History month.

If you think honoring the chinese lunar year the week before is ok then why can't they do it the week after in the middle of the month? Or next month?

In March/April/May it will still be the year of the monkey but it won't be black history month.

9erempiree
02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

So a Black man is offended because a monkey is on a shirt that represents another minority's culture?

DMC is an idiot because he should know every year is a different animal.

:hammerhead:

bluechox2
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Because the Kings are in the USA and Feb 1 is the first day of Black History month.

If you think honoring the chinese lunar year the week before is ok then why can't they do it the week after in the middle of the month? Or next month?

In March/April/May it will still be the year of the monkey but it won't be black history month.

its their new years with a huge asian population in sactown...at the same time why yall force feeding black history down asian asses?

and whats also funny, instead of black folks at honoring their life and culture year round, they kindly accept the white mans self made black history "month"...yall do know the other 11 months are white history..right?? they even took mlk day from yall

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 08:59 PM

Black history month isn't a 'celebration.' And there's definitely no special commemoration for the first day of it. It's for... I'm not even sure exactly. Some token acknowledgement of black people throughout a random month, I guess.

It's not something you put on shirts and drink to and do theme shit for. Chinese New Year is. So for a t-shirt giveaway at a basketball game, makes more sense to go with Chinese new year.

It doesn't stop anyone from actually caring about black history throughout February. "Oh no, Kings gave away a tshirt for something else on Feb 1st! Black history month is RUINNEED!"

bluechox2
02-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Black history month isn't a 'celebration.' And there's definitely no special commemoration for the first day of it. It's for... I'm not even sure exactly. Some token acknowledgement of black people throughout a random month, I guess.

It's not something you put on shirts and drink to and do theme shit for. Chinese New Year is. So on a t-shirt at a basketball game, makes more sense to go with Chinese new year.

It doesn't stop anyone from actually caring about black history throughout February. "Oh no, Kings gave away a tshirt for something else on Feb 1st! Black history month is RUINNEED!"

i dont even think dmc went that far...he saw a "black" shirt with a picture of a "monkey" on it and put 2 together and thought of himself...
and white management was like..lets just really slowly back up cause the last thing they want is an issue

HOoopCityJones
02-03-2016, 09:09 PM
That's not true

:cheers:

TheBigVeto
02-03-2016, 10:37 PM
but doesn't this make DMC the racist for thinking black people look like monkeys?

Indeed. He dumb and racist.

tontoz
02-03-2016, 10:48 PM
its their new years with a huge asian population in sactown...at the same time why yall force feeding black history down asian asses?

and whats also funny, instead of black folks at honoring their life and culture year round, they kindly accept the white mans self made black history "month"...yall do know the other 11 months are white history..right?? they even took mlk day from yall

I am white btw. And you dodged the issue. If you think it is ok to bring out the tshirts a week early then what is the problem with bringing them out a week, or a month, later? It is still the year of the monkey next month.

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 11:07 PM
I am white btw. And you dodged the issue. If you think it is ok to bring out the tshirts a week early then what is the problem with bringing them out a week, or a month, later? It is still the year of the monkey next month.

The point is it was entirely a coincidence. Nobody thought "Gee, let's make sure this t-shirt giveaway isn't going to strangely align with the beginning of some arbitrary cultural awareness 'month'".

They just happened to pick this night to do the shirts. Completely by chance.

And Cousins apparently threw a sensitivity tantrum. And they had to go around the arena and round up all the shirts from all the seats after they just put them there.

It's pathetic.

tontoz
02-03-2016, 11:14 PM
The point is it was entirely a coincidence. Nobody thought "Gee, let's make sure this t-shirt giveaway isn't going to strangely align with the beginning of some arbitrary cultural awareness 'month'".

And Cousins apparently threw a sensitivity tantrum. And they had to go around the arena and round up all the shirts from all the seats after they just put them there.

It's pathetic.

No. It is pathetic that a public relations dept gave out tshirts with monkeys on them on the 1st day of Black History month.

The majority of the players in the league are black, not Chinese. They should have had more sense than that.

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 11:19 PM
No. It is pathetic that a public relations dept gave out tshirts with monkeys on them on the 1st day of Black History month.

The majority of the players in the league are black, not Chinese. They should have had more sense than that.

But dude, "the first day of black history month" is not a thing. It's not a holiday. It's not something anyone celebrates or acknowledges as "the big kick off." It's nothing whatsoever. Nobody actually cares about black history month, only a few sjw's pretend to. And the first day of it is not something anyone looks at as a day of any significance.

February first is just a day like any other. Cousins would have probably complained about this on any day of the year, JUST so he can complain about something. He used the coincidence of "the first day of black history munf" as some absurd justification for his offended-for-the-sake-of-being-offended tantrum.

DMC is always into some kind of monkey business.

tontoz
02-03-2016, 11:24 PM
But dude, "the first day of black history month" is not a thing. It's not a holiday. It's not something anyone celebrates or acknowledges as "the big kick off." It's nothing whatsoever. Nobody actually cares about black history month, only a few sjw's pretend to. And the first day of it is not something anyone looks at as a day of any significance.

February first is just a day like any other. Cousins would have probably complained about this on any day of the year, JUST so he can complain about something. He used the coincidence of "the first day of black history munf" as some absurd justification for his offended-for-the-sake-of-being-offended tantrum.

Black History month is "a thing" for black people. And Feb 1 has no relevance to the Chinese people.

KyrieTheFuture
02-03-2016, 11:33 PM

Feb 1 wasn't the start of the Chinese New Year.

I haven't read the thread, has anyone pointed out yet DMC didn't make them do this, he was just going around asking different people how they felt about it because he thought it would be seen that way? Dude didn't demand anything.

sd3035
02-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Cousins clearly equates black people with monkeys

Akrazotile
02-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Feb 1 wasn't the start of the Chinese New Year.

I know that. My post even said, "February 1st is just a day like any other."

tmacattack33
02-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Who else was confused as fukk reading the article?

I didn't know why Cousins thought it was racist while reading the article. I thought he was trying to say "hey, black history month is more important than chinese new year". And then I thought that that would be ridiculous, and Cousins is probably mad about it being BLACK shirt.

It was like a puzzle trying to figure out what the F was going on in the article.

And then finally i saw the shirt and the monkey and I then i understood. That's stupid though. It's just an animal mascot for the chinese new year or whatever. It makes Cousins more racist for being the one to notice it.

HeatFanSince88
02-04-2016, 02:07 AM
Shouldn't Demarcus Cousins be the one who is considered a racist since he is implying black people look like monkeys?

:lol

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:21 AM
I haven't read the thread, has anyone pointed out yet DMC didn't make them do this, he was just going around asking different people how they felt about it because he thought it would be seen that way? Dude didn't demand anything.

Cousins criticized the giveaway of Year of the Monkey T-shirts. Bucks TV analyst and former player Marques Johnson described the situation on Facebook.

"I walk into the building and DeMarcus Cousins calls me over to an animated discussion he's having with Kings operations people," he wrote. "He ask me, 'Olskool, what you think about this T Shirt? Told him a little insensitive on 1st day of Black History Month'. They pulled
the shirts..."

You think the Kings are going to take a chance? DMC was obviously upset about the shirts and the organization didn't want be labelled as being racist.

dunksby
02-04-2016, 05:53 AM

Just caught a racist here, you obviously associate black people with monkeys :facepalm
PS: You obviously donno what a new year celebration is, you don't celebrate it a month after it happens but a week or two before it happens, do you even brain?

bluechox2
02-04-2016, 06:02 AM
Just caught a racist here, you obviously associate black people with monkeys :facepalm
PS: You obviously donno what a new year celebration is, you don't celebrate it a month after it happens but a week or two before it happens, do you even brain?
his mom told him that everyday is his birthday

bluechox2
02-04-2016, 06:10 AM

put it this way...yea you have white and black fans in the greater Sacramento area, but then you got this potential Chinese market with a fairly large population that your just trying to tap into which would bring a good amount of revenue and new fans for the team base...wouldnt you try to appeal to "their" culture and try to PR some sort of way to appeal to this broad base....i get it 1st of black history, but you probably also scream foul all the way till the end of the month...so wheres the room to pander to this group if yall just running around crying foul all the time...

i can guarantee DMC had no clue about it haveing any conenction to chinese people..he saw a black shirt, with a monkey on it that was purple (its team color) and it has year of the monkeys written on it...and said..what the fu ck, why they calling "us players" monkeys for...dat racist foo"

tontoz
02-04-2016, 08:11 AM

I think you need a history lesson. Racists whites have referred to backs as apes/monkeys for decades, As DMC surely knows.

Do you celebrate New Years eve/day on Dec 28? :oldlol:

And you seem to be missing the part about the "YEAR of the monkey".

aj1987
02-04-2016, 08:14 AM
I think you need a history lesson. Racists whites have referred to backs as apes/monkeys for decades, As DMC surely knows.

Are you freaking retarded? Legit question.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Are you freaking retarded? Legit question.

Ad hominem, the fallback for someone who can't make a coherent argument.

I doubt anyone in this country celebrates new years before the last day in December.

9erempiree
02-04-2016, 08:36 AM

I don't celebrate New Years on Dec. 28 but I like to send out invitations to people before New Years just like the King's are giving shirts to the fans ahead of time so they can wear it on Chinese New Year's.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 08:38 AM

I doubt anyone in this country celebrates new years before the last day in December.

people prepare in advance retard

aj1987
02-04-2016, 08:40 AM

How did you take giving away T-Shirts as celebrating? :facepalm

Are you one of those dude who goes to every BML and feminist rallies?

9erempiree
02-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Also, one thing people forgot to mention....

Kings are on a 4 game road trip. Won't be back till Feb. 19

They had every right to give out those shirts.

Now it would be too late.

DMV2
02-04-2016, 09:14 AM
tontoz - it's called a promotional event so it doesn't have to be on the exact day. Plus, the Kings are in Cleveland on the 8th. Actually 5th-8th, they're on the road so the best dates they could have done it were the 1st or 3rd.

I think they could have done it and had it flew under the radar without people trying to associate the two and be up in arms. I think any rational person would realized this was a promotional night to recognized the Kings' Chinese/Asian fans. Nothing racist or malice intended by the promotion.

dunksby
02-04-2016, 09:15 AM

What type of stupid are you? :roll:

DMV2
02-04-2016, 09:19 AM

beat me to it. pretty much explains why they did it a week ahead.

again, promotional events aren't always on the exact date. it's like workplaces throwing a Christmas party a week or two before Christmas. even US holidays like President's Day or MLK Day aren't on the exact birthdays.

keep-itreal
02-04-2016, 09:52 AM
anyone thinks it's funny a white guy is vehemently defending black people over this issue on this forum?

http://www.hollilla.com/images/d/6/d/d6da0c65486b9d5e17affa8468e439cc_509851.JPEG

looks like he suffers from severe white guilt:roll:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 09:54 AM
How did you take giving away T-Shirts as celebrating? :facepalm

That is actually a good point. It is a T-shirt. What difference does it make when they actually get it?

If they are wearing that shirt in April is anyone going to ask them the exact date they got it? If they get it in March, so what?

I was simply responding to other people talking about celebrating the Chinese lunar year. Just look at the post right below mine lol. Or this one.

It's not something you put on shirts and drink to and do theme shit for. Chinese New Year is.

9erempiree
02-04-2016, 09:57 AM
If they are wearing that shirt in April is anyone going to ask them the exact date they got it? If they get it in March, so what?

It would mean that we would celebrate the year of 2016 in March or April.

Dr Hawk
02-04-2016, 09:59 AM
anyone thinks it's funny a white guy is vehemently defending black people over this issue on this forum?

looks like he suffers from severe white guilt:roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEiguYmgxA

aj1987
02-04-2016, 10:01 AM
That is actually a good point. It is a T-shirt. What difference does it make when they actually get it?

I was simply responding to other people talking about celebrating the Chinese lunar year. Just look at the post right below mine lol. Or this one.

Do you get it now? They wanted to do something nice for their Chinese fans. Ruined by DMC.

KelticForce1349
02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Wow! So...I saw the previous two threads about this issue, but this is the first time I have actually seen the shirts. I know there are still racist people out there, I see it on the internet. In my life personally, I am not aware of any racist White people I know. If they are racist, they are keeping it very well hidden.

I know that the term monkey was used as an insult to Black folks, but that term really seems even more outdated than other racist terms to my mind. Looking at that shirt...it HONESTLY disturbs me that anyone could possibly believe that it is insulting towards Black folks.

Before I saw the shirt I actually imagined the fuss was because some hybrid Monkey/Fat Albert looking thing was was dressed in sagging pants with a bunch of gold necklaces and carrying a Boombox on the shoulder while saying "Yo, go Kings." In my mind, I really envisioned some horrible shirt that was an open and shut case of a bad idea.

I have nothing but contempt for someone who uses the term Monkey to insult Black people. On the other hand, I have no empathy for any Black folks who still CHOOSE to see that word connected to their own lives. You can't correct everyone's heart, but you damn sure can clear your OWN mind of this type of nonsense.

Anyone who sees this shirt as offensive to Black people has to be miserable inside. No one can think that way so reflexively and be happy. Give yourself the power to let go of such bull$h!t and heal....and live a good life.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Do you get it now? They wanted to do something nice for their Chinese fans. Ruined by DMC.

So their Chinese fans wouldn't have been interested in the tshirts if they had gotten them a few weeks later?

Lets assume that DMC never said anything about the shirts and they were given out on the 1st. Would the people throw them away in the middle of the month? Would they throw them away in March?

They thought about their Chinese fans but not their black players. That is the problem.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 10:25 AM
So their Chinese fans wouldn't have been interested in the tshirts if they had gotten them a few weeks later?

Lets assume that DMC never said anything about the shirts and they were given out on the 1st. Would the people throw them away in the middle of the month? Would they throw them away in March?
Are you being dense on purpose or do you get into stupid arguments IRL as well?

Bandito
02-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Thats what I thought.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Are you being dense on purpose or do you get into stupid arguments IRL as well?

Again with the ad hominem because you can't make a coherent argument.

When you get a tshirt for whatever reason do you throw it away in a week? If the people liked the shirts would they stop wearing them in march?

aj1987
02-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Again with the ad hominem because you can't make a coherent argument.

When you get a tshirt for whatever reason do you throw it away in a week? If the people liked the shirts would they stop wearing them in march?
Holy shit, you're stupid.

1. Chinese New Year is on the 8th.
2. Kings do not play at home till the 19th.
3. You do not celebrate an event AFTER it's over.
4. BHM lasts a MONTH. It's not a specific day. It's for an ENTIRE month.

Do you dress up for halloween in November? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in December? Do you run celebrate New Years during the 2nd week of Jan?

Do you get it now?

dunksby
02-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Do you dress up for halloween in November? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in December? Do you run celebrate New Years during the 2nd week of Jan?

Do you get it now?
It's not even the dates, the problem is that he believes black people look like monkeys.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
It's not even the dates, the problem is that he believes black people look like monkeys.
Yep. I don't get why some of the people on here are getting offended. The shirt looks dope AF.

DMV2
02-04-2016, 10:52 AM
1. So their Chinese fans wouldn't have been interested in the tshirts if they had gotten them a few weeks later?

2. Lets assume that DMC never said anything about the shirts and they were given out on the 1st. Would the people throw them away in the middle of the month? Would they throw them away in March?

3. They thought about their Chinese fans but not their black players. That is the problem.
1. It's more than a t-shirt. It's promotional night to "celebrate" Chinese New Year to recognize their Chinese/Asian demographic of fans. It's supposed to be a fun night for the fans, the tshirt is just an added bonus. If it wasn't a tshirt, it could have been a bobblehead doll or some kind of "souvenir."

2. Again, it's not just a tshirt, it's a souvenir. Some might throw it away, some might keep it as a collection. I know it sounds ridiculous but fans do treat these things differently. Look at how many baseball fans run to grab a homerun baseball, some have even died from trying.

3. It's a promotion night. Do teams have bobblehead nights or tshirt nights for their players? No, they have them for their fans.

This was just a promotion event to celebrate Chinese New Year in recognition of their Chinese/Asian fan base. Nothing racist or malicious about it.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Do you get it now?

Originally Posted by aj1987

How did you take giving away T-Shirts as celebrating?

If the celebration is going on for a month then that means they are still celebrating until March 8 so it would be no problem for them to get the tshirts later.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
This was just a promotion event to celebrate Chinese New Year in recognition of their Chinese/Asian fan base. Nothing racial or malicious about it.

Working at a large company with many minorities I have to do mandatory training every year about discrimination in the workplace. The point they hammer home is that it doesn't matter what your intentions are. What matters is how your actions are perceived.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 10:56 AM

If the celebration is going on for a month then that means they are still celebrating until March 8 so it would be no problem for them to get the tshirts later.
You still can't read, I see. They're doing the AWARENESS for Chinese New Year's because people will celebrate it. If they give them after, what's the point.

Denser than a neutron star. :facepalm

sd3035
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Working at a large company with many minorities I have to do mandatory training every year about discrimination in the workplace. The point they hammer home is that it doesn't matter what your intentions are. What matters is how your actions are perceived.

good job, I wouldn't want you or your coworkers spitting in my burger

f0und
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
goddam do i hate this overly PC/sjw/feminism/safe space/etc movement. what the hell is going on? how did we get to this?

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
You still can't read, I see. They're doing the AWARENESS for Chinese New Year's because people will celebrate it. If they give them after, what's the point.

Denser than a neutron star. :facepalm

So you are saying that the Tshirts are worthless after Feb 8 and will get thrown away?

DMV2
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
How was it received? We actually don't know and wouldn't know because the event got nixed.

I'm pretty sure any rational and non-racist person wouldn't even associate a promotional night to celebrate Chinese New Year's Year of the Monkey to black. They'd see it from a cultural aspect first, as it's celebrating Chinese/Asian culture- who happens to have a large demographic in area.

I work at the largest employer in my county, mostly white employees, we still have diversity compliance reviews annually, so what's your point?

aj1987
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
If the celebration lasts a month then why do they have to give out the tshirts a week before? Why can't they give them out two weeks from now?

Stop posting, dude. You're just embarrassing yourself.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:09 AM

Again lets assume they did give the tshirts out on the 1st. Would people throw them away on the 9th?

Or would they continue to wear the shirts off an on for a year to honor the YEAR of the monkey?

aj1987
02-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Again lets assume they did give the tshirts out on the 1st. Would people throw them away on the 9th?

Or would they continue to wear the shirts off an on for a year to honor the YEAR of the monkey?
They're doing the AWARENESS for Chinese New Year's because people will celebrate it. If they give them after, what's the point.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:14 AM
How was it received? We actually don't know and wouldn't know because the event got nixed.

I'm pretty sure any rational and non-racist person wouldn't even associate a promotional night to celebrate Chinese New Year's Year of the Monkey to black. They'd see it from a cultural aspect first, as it's celebrating Chinese/Asian culture- who happens to have a large demographic in area.

I work at the largest employer in my county, mostly white employees, we still have diversity compliance reviews annually, so what's your point?

We do know how it was perceived by DMC. It isn't a reach to think other blacks would be offended by it.

As a while guy it isn't my place to tell black people how they should feel. I perceive things differently than they do. For example I was disgusted by the OJ verdict and a lot of the blacks I knew celebrated it.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:17 AM
They're doing the AWARENESS for Chinese New Year's because people will celebrate it. If they give them after, what's the point.

The point is that in march/april/may/june/july/aug/sept/oct etc it is still the year of the monkey

And you still haven't answered the question about whether or not they would still wear the tshirts after Feb 8. I wonder why.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 11:18 AM
The point is that in march/april/may/june/july/aug/sept/oct etc it is still the year of the monkey
New Year's, you ****ing idiot. You don't celebrate it in March or April or May.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 11:19 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:20 AM

So does that mean they would throw away the tshirts on Feb 9? Are you too stupid to understand the question?

Would you go to a new years party/dinner wearing a tshirt you got at a game? I am sure your gf, assuming you have one, wouldn't be very impressed.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 11:22 AM
So does that mean they would throw away the tshirts on Feb 9?

Would you go to a new years party wearing a tshirt you got at a game?

Do you throw away all of your Christmas presents on December 26th?

aj1987
So does that mean they would throw away the tshirts on Feb 9?

Would you go to a new years party wearing a tshirt you got at a game?
:facepalm :facepalm

DMV2

Some may throw it away but some will treat it like a souvenir. Fans like to collect shit, whether it be a tshirt, a jersey, booblehead doll, poster or even a baseball.

This "Year of the Monkey" tshirt would have easily been adored by their fans. Plus, to have a fun celebration night.

We do know how it was perceived by DMC. It isn't a reach to think other blacks would be offended by it.

As a while guy it isn't my place to tell black people how they should feel. I perceive things differently than they do. For example I was disgusted by the OJ verdict and a lot of the blacks I knew celebrated it.
If DeMarcus Cousins is the voice for black people, then black people got bigger issues than this. :lol

DMV2
02-04-2016, 11:23 AM
:roll:

sd3035
02-04-2016, 11:24 AM
If DeMarcus Cousins is the voice for black people, then black people got bigger issues than this. :lol

The fact that he even has a voice is a huge problem :lol

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:27 AM

No and that is the point that aj is avoiding.

If the people liked the tshirts they would likely wear them off and on over the year of the monkey. It isn't that hard to grasp.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 11:28 AM

If the people liked the tshirts they would likely wear them off and on over the year of the monkey. It isn't that hard to grasp.

what's your point? I can use Christmas presents all year but I don't celebrate it in June

aj1987
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM

IT IS A SYMBOL TO PROMTE AWARENESS, SO THAT PEOPLE WILL CELEBRATE CNY.

what's your point? I can use Christmas presents all year but I don't celebrate it in June
The guy just doesn't get it. I'm done here.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:38 AM

I didn't say he was the voice of black people. But it isn't the place of white people to tell blacks how they should feel.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
IT IS A SYMBOL TO PROMTE AWARENESS, SO THAT PEOPLE WILL CELEBRATE CNY.

The guy just doesn't get it. I'm done here.

LOL

So the Asian people in Sactown wouldn't celebrate CNY without the tshirt? OK

DMV2
02-04-2016, 11:42 AM
I didn't say he was the voice of black people. But it isn't the place of white people to tell blacks how they should feel.
Says the white guy "speaking on behalf" of black people through out this thread. :roll:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Says the white guy "speaking on behalf" of black people through out this thread. :roll:

DMC spoke for himself. I didn't speak for him.

DMV2
02-04-2016, 11:47 AM
LOL

So the Asian people in Sactown wouldn't celebrate CNY without the tshirt? OK
Dude. It wasn't solely for the Asians in Sactown. It was for the entire Kings fan base/community to celebrate/promo the upcoming Chinese New Year. It's like a cultural appreciation event kinda thing.

And the Kings are away from the 5th-19th. So they had to do it a week ahead.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Dude. It wasn't solely for the Asians in Sactown. It was for the entire Kings fan base/community to celebrate/promo the upcoming Chinese New Year. It's like a cultural appreciation event kinda thing.

And the Kings are away from the 5th-19th. So they had to do it a week ahead.

So do you think there are any people in Sactown who won't celebrate CNY because they didn't get the tshirts?

Had the tshirts been given out on the 1st do you think people wouldn't wear them after the 8th?

DMV2
02-04-2016, 11:57 AM
So do you think there are any people in Sactown who won't celebrate CNY because they didn't get the tshirts?

Had the tshirts been given out on the 1st do you think people wouldn't wear them after the 8th?Why are you asking these stupid questions?

Chinese New Year will still be celebrated by Chinese/Asian residents in Sacramento regardless. This particular event was a Sacramento Kings-produced event. The Kings organization did this to recognize their Chinese/Asain fanbase. This is way for the Kings to show their community appreciation.

It doesn't even matter if it's a tshirt, could have been a poster, or a coffee mug, or booblehead...there's usualy some kind of item/souvenir giveaways during these promotional nights.

Why is it hard to understand?

tontoz
02-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Why are you asking these stupid questions?

Chinese New Year will still be celebrated by Chinese/Asian residents in Sacramento regardless. This particular event was a Sacramento Kings-produced event. The Kings organization did this to recognize their Chinese/Asain fanbase. This is way for the Kings to show their community appreciation.

It doesn't even matter if it's a tshirt, could have been a poster, or a coffee mug, or booblehead...there's usualy some kind of item/souvenir giveaways during these promotional nights.

Why is it hard to understand?

It is a tshirt, and it is something that people would wear over the course of a year to honor the year of the monkey if they liked it.

They aren't going to wear it for a day and then throw it out after the 8th. It isn't that big of a deal if they don't have it on the 8th. As you said these people will celebrate cny regardless of whether they have the tshirt.

DMV2
02-04-2016, 12:42 PM
It is a tshirt, and it is something that people would wear over the course of a year to honor the year of the monkey if they liked it.

They aren't going to wear it for a day and then throw it out after the 8th. It isn't that big of a deal if they don't have it on the 8th. As you said these people will celebrate cny regardless of whether they have the tshirt.
What part don't you get that it's a Sacramento King-made event for CNY? This is their way of showing community appreciation, showing cultural and diversity appreciation. The t-shirts are a bonus souvenir, as you might not know but fans love getting giveaways.

Even the Washington wizards had a Chinese new year night last night. I don't know what their giveaway was but they too were celebrating it ahead of schedule.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
What part don't you get that it's a Sacramento King-made event for CNY? This is their way of showing community appreciation, showing cultural and diversity appreciation. The t-shirts are a bonus souvenir, as you might not know but fans love getting giveaways.

Even the Washington wizards had a Chinese new year night last night. I don't know what their giveaway was but they too were celebrating it ahead of schedule.

DMC didn't complain about an "event" for CNY. he only complained about the tshirt with a monkey on it. If they had their "event" without the tshirt we wouldn't be talking about this.

DMV2
02-04-2016, 12:51 PM
DMC didn't complain about an "event" for CNY? he only complained about the tshirt with a monkey on it. If they had their "event" without the tshirt we wouldn't be talking about this.
It had a monkey because it's the Year of the Monkey. :wtf:

dunksby
02-04-2016, 12:56 PM
No, it had a monkey because black people = monkeys, Kings wanted to do a racist event and DMC stopped it.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 12:59 PM

They could have held an event without the tshirt with a monkey on it. And they could give out tshirts at a later date very easily since it will still be the year of the monkey next month, and the month after that, and the month after that and so on.

A year has 365 days, not one day.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 01:06 PM
They could have held an event without the tshirt with a monkey on it. And they could give out tshirts at a later date very easily since it will still be the year of the monkey next month, and the month after that, and the month after that and so on.

A year has 365 days, not one day.

I guess we should celebrate New Year's in September :applause:

sd3035
02-04-2016, 01:07 PM
I guess NBA champs don't need their rings until March of the following year

dunksby
02-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I'd rather do it in spring break, imagine the parties :eek: :eek:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 01:11 PM

I think you have your countries confused.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 01:13 PM
I guess NBA champs don't need their rings until March of the following year

GS won the championship in june. They got their rings in October.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
I think you have your countries confused.

I didn't mention any countries in that post, I think you're high :lol

ralph_i_el
02-04-2016, 01:19 PM
They should close down the primate exhibit at the National Zoo all February, in the name of sensitivity :roll: Don't want anyone's feelings getting hurt.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 01:27 PM
I didn't mention any countries in that post, I think you're high :lol

Let me help you out.

Year of the Monkey

New Year's Day

Hope that helps

aj1987
02-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Let me help you out.

Year of the Monkey

New Year's Day

Hope that helps
They're not celebrating monkey's, you utter idiot. They're celebrating New Year's and it happens to be the year of the money.

Please tell me you're drunk/high. No one can be this stupid.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
They're not celebrating monkey's, you utter idiot. They're celebrating New Year's and it happens to be the year of the money.

lol, I'm just keeping this thread going to see what his next idiotic response is

Just2McFly
02-04-2016, 01:49 PM

It's pathetic.

He stood for what he believed in and he was justified. That's horribly stupid to equate business decisions like this to coincidence. The Kings flubbed the launch of this terribly to be honest. This is something that the board room should have seen coming from afar, as it is their job to eliminate cause for backlash and eradicate these "coincidences" you speak.

You sound like a man that has never been a position of real power, a man that has never had to face the consequences of his decisions.

Just2McFly
02-04-2016, 01:50 PM
It's like anytime a black person takes offense, he or she should suck it up or else he's being sensitive. :coleman:

sd3035
02-04-2016, 01:53 PM
It's like anytime a black person takes offense, he or she should suck it up or else he's being sensitive. :coleman:

So you think black people are monkeys?

Just2McFly
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM
So you think black people are monkeys?
I just know history. Apparently something that people forget here.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Exactly. the YEAR of the monkey, not the day of the monkey you blithering idiot.

If you go to Chinatown in April you can buy all the year of the monkey souvenirs you can carry. Why is that, idiot? Maybe you should tell the Chinese that the celebration is only for feb 8. LMAO

Hey idiot, do you realize that they are still selling year of the goat souvenirs? Why is that, idiot?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&sout=1&q=chinese+new+year+2015+year+of+the+goat+souvenirs

aj1987
02-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Exactly. the YEAR of the monkey, not the day of the monkey you blithering idiot.

If you go to Chinatown in April you can buy all the year of the monkey souvenirs you can carry. Why is that, idiot? Maybe you should tell the Chinese that the celebration is only for feb 8. LMAO

Hey idiot, do you realize that they are still selling year of the goat souvenirs? Why is that, idiot?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&sout=1&q=chinese+new+year+2015+year+of+the+goat+souvenirs
1. People celebrate New Year's on the day. Not the next month or 3 months after the day.
2. The Kings are trying to spread awareness about Chinese New Year.
3. It just happens to be the year of the monkey and it has nothing to do with spreading awareness about CNY.
4. Go kill yourself, you literal retard.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 02:32 PM
1. People celebrate New Year's on the day. Not the next month or 3 months after the day.
3. It just happens to be the year of the monkey and it has nothing to do with spreading awareness about CNY.
4. Go kill yourself, you literal retard.

Hey retard, maybe I should step aside and let you argue with yourself. Contradict much?

Hey retard, are we in the US still selling new years day souvenirs in September? The Chinese do it every year. Why is that, retard?

aj1987
02-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Hey retard, maybe I should step aside and let you argue with yourself. Contradict much?

Hey retard, are we in the US still selling new years day souvenirs in September? The Chinese do it every year. Why is that, retard?
1. Does it really matter that it's the year of the money, ******?
2. They're not spreading awareness about the year of the monkey, ******.
3. They're trying to spread awareness about Chinese New Year, ******.
4. You have the comprehension skills of a 4 year old, ******.
5. Now please go kill yourself, ******. :cheers:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 02:46 PM
1. Does it really matter that it's the year of the money, ******?
3. They're trying to spread awareness about Chinese New Year, ******.
4. You have the comprehension skills of a 4 year old, ******.
5. Now please go kill yourself, ******. :cheers:

I think I will let you argue with yourself.

it has nothing to do with spreading awareness about CNY.

So are you going to tell the Chinese they shouldn't be selling year of the monkey souvenirs in September?:lol

aj1987
02-04-2016, 02:50 PM
I think I will let you argue with yourself.

So are you going to tell the Chinese they shouldn't be selling year of the monkey souvenirs in September?:lol
Retard.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Retard.

Let me get this straight. Are you really trying to say the Year of the Monkey has nothing to do with the CNY?

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 02:56 PM
He stood for what he believed in and he was justified. That's horribly stupid to equate business decisions like this to coincidence. The Kings flubbed the launch of this terribly to be honest. This is something that the board room should have seen coming from afar, as it is their job to eliminate cause for backlash and eradicate these "coincidences" you speak.

You sound like a man that has never been a position of real power, a man that has never had to face the consequences of his decisions.

You think this wasnt a coincidence? You think the team's marketing department conceived of the idea to subtly align the giveaway of chinese new year shirts with the "first day of black history month" because it happens to be year of the monkey and what a hilarious joke that would be????

If that HAD occurred to them, then why would they do it?? To create more work for themselves when some oversensitive idiots get butthurt?

This is nothing but black people acting offended in order to feel empowered when an establishment changes things in accordance to their complaints and caters to them.

This is not about monkeys, racism, offense, etc. It's about the feeling of making the establishment change something bc black people said so. Thats what the vast majority of this political correct shit is. Just a leverage ploy. A way to manifest and exercise power under the guise of "justice."

aj1987
02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Let me get this straight. Are you really trying to say the Year of the Monkey has nothing to do with the CNY?

Stop being such a drooling retard, ******.

sd3035
02-04-2016, 03:01 PM
It's a little cartoon purple monkey with a white face, it's not like they put a realistic ape on the shirt dribbling a basketball and eating cornbread

tontoz
02-04-2016, 03:04 PM

Stop being such a drooling retard, ******.

So the year of the monkey tshirt isn't meant to spread awareness about the year of the monkey?

:biggums:

aj1987
02-04-2016, 03:04 PM
It's a little cartoon purple monkey with a white face, it's not like they put a realistic ape on the shirt dribbling a basketball and eating cornbread
Maybe they should put tontoz's face on one and call it "retard awareness". I doubt DMC would object to that.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 03:15 PM
According to AJ the monkey tshirt isn't about the year of the monkey. Can't get much dumber than that.

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
According to AJ the monkey tshirt isn't about the year of the monkey. Can't get much dumber than that.

The shirt is about celebrating the Chinese New Year. The Chinese are the ones who picked the monkey as the symbol for this year, not the Sacramento Kings.

Youre trying too hard to be offended bro. Thats all it boils down to.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 03:24 PM
The shirt is about celebrating the Chinese New Year. The Chinese are the ones who picked the monkey as the symbol for this year, not the Sacramento Kings.

Youre trying too hard to be offended bro. Thats all it boils down to.

It doesn't offend me at all. But saying the tshirt with the monkey on it isn't about the year of the monkey is idiotic.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 03:29 PM
It doesn't offend me at all. But saying the tshirt with the monkey on it isn't about the year of the monkey is idiotic.
That's not what they're trying to propagate, retard. Do you think if it was the year of the sheep this year, the Kings wouldn't do it with a picture of a sheep on the shirt?

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 03:29 PM

A shirt with a little horse-mounted polo player isnt about the horse or the polo player.

It's about Ralph Lauren.

The picture is just a symbol. The Star of David on a flag is not about stars and astronomy. It represents Israel.

The monkey is just the symbol of this year's Chinese New Year. The holiday has nothing to do with actual monkies. Either does the shirt. It's just a random symbol my man. One that the Chinese picked.

Kings did nothing wrong. This was about Cousins getting upset in order to get attention as a sjw. Thats all it was. Nothing here was remotely offensive to any sane, objective party.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 03:38 PM
A shirt with a little horse-mounted polo player isnt about the horse or the polo player.

It's about Ralph Lauren.

The picture is just a symbol. The Star of David on a flag is not about stars and astronomy. It represents Israel.

The monkey is just the symbol of this year's Chinese New Year. The holiday has nothing to do with actual monkies. Either does the shirt. It's just a random symbol my man. One that the Chinese picked.

Kings did nothing wrong. This was about Cousins getting upset in order to get attention as a sjw. Thats all it was. Nothing here was remotely offensive to any sane, objective party.

The trademark of immature people is to disregard viewpoints other than their own. This thread is a classic case of it.

The tshirt doesn't offend me in the slightest. But if a black guy objects to giving away a shirt with a monkey on it on the first day of BHM, I can understand it. If they had given them away on march 1 I doubt DMC would have said anything.

For the record I am definitely not a fan of DMC.

Part of being in a workplace is understanding viewpoints other than your own. Too many immature clowns like AJ are incapable of that.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 03:55 PM
The trademark of immature people is to disregard viewpoints other than their own. This thread is a classic case of it.

The tshirt doesn't offend me in the slightest. But if a black guy objects to giving away a shirt with a monkey on it on the first day of BHM, I can understand it. If they had given them away on march 1 I doubt DMC would have said anything.

Part of being in a workplace is understanding viewpoints other than your own. Too many immature clowns like AJ are incapable of that.
Probably because I live in the actual world, shit like a free shirt to celebrate a cultures festival doesn't offend me.

As I asked you earlier do you go to all BML and feminist rallies? Do you put up decorations in front of your house to celebrate gay pride, just so you won't hurt their feelings? FOH with that retarded ass sensitive shit. The Kings wanted to do something nice for the Chinese and DMC and you basically decided to have your periods at the same time.

You really strike me as the person who would celebrate Christmas in February if some other shit came up. Again, for the last time, BHM is a celebration of black history for the ENTIRE month. Chinese New Year is on the 8th and that day ALONE.

BTW, what kind of ***** ass ******y place do you work at? Tell your co-workers to man the **** and grow a set and to stop being such butthurt sensitive and cowardlyfags. "Oooh! They hurt my feelings because they are giving out free shirts!" :cry:

Crybaby retards. The world would be so much better if all the PC libtards are eradicated. Or just move them to France and stuff them there.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Probably because I live in the actual world, shit like a free shirt to celebrate a cultures festival doesn't offend me.

As I asked you earlier do you go to all BML and feminist rallies? Do you put up decorations in front of your house to celebrate gay pride, just so you won't hurt their feelings? FOH with that retarded ass sensitive shit. The Kings wanted to do something nice for the Chinese and DMC and you basically decided to have your periods at the same time.

You really strike me as the person who would celebrate Christmas in February if some other shit came up. Again, for the last time, BHM is a celebration of black history for the ENTIRE month. Chinese New Year is on the 8th and that day ALONE.

BTW, what kind of ***** ass ******y place do you work at? Tell your co-workers to man the **** and grow a set and to stop being such butthurt sensitive and cowardlyfags. "Oooh! They hurt my feelings because they are giving out free shirts!" :cry:

Crybaby retards. The world would be so much better if all the PC libtards are eradicated. Or just move them to France and stuff them there.

I couldn't care less about feminism, gay rights or whatever. That doesn't mean that they aren't legit issues.

You don't get offended by the monkey so nobody else should either? Simple minded nonsense. The confederate flag doesn't offend me at all. That means nobody should be offended by it since my values are the only ones that matter. Right?

You are a blithering idiot. You think the world revolves around you and that you are the one who decides what people are supposed to think. Obviously you are a legend in your own mind but in reality your are just a clown throwing around insults on a message board.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
You don't get offended by the monkey so nobody else should either? Simple minded nonsense. The confederate flag doesn't offend me at all. That means nobody should be offended by it since my values are the only ones that matter. Right?
It's a ****ing monkey, retard. DMC and you are the ones comparing black people to monkey's. SMDH!

How are you comparing the confederate flag to a freaking monkey? I'm a Hindu and I have a couple of Swastikas in my place. You think I'm going to take them down because it might hurt the sentiments of Jewish people?! **** no! They need to learn to deal with it.

You are a blithering idiot. You think the world revolves around you and that you are the one who decides what people are supposed to think. Obviously you are a legend in your own mind but in reality your are just a clown throwing around insults on a message board.
Sensitive ***** ass libtard retards like yourself is the reason why America is going to shit. As I said, round everyone up and isolate them somewhere. Will probably die off because plants have feelings as well!! :oldlol:

Just2McFly
02-04-2016, 04:17 PM
As a black man I commend cousins for that move , it's not even the eighth , that shit is in poor taste

aj1987
02-04-2016, 04:21 PM
As a black man I commend cousins for that move , it's not even the eighth , that shit is in poor taste
They don't play at home till the 19th. A full 10 days AFTER the New Year.

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 04:22 PM

Theres a tough balance to find, I agree. Yes, in general workplaces want to be sensitive to their employees and customers. On the other hand, Cousins reflects a broader trend among the younger generations of expecting to have their feelings always catered to at all times in every facet of life. Giving in to this stuff and changing it every time someone raises an objection is not doing kids much of a favor IMO. It breeds a different kind of immaturity, and entitlement.

Sometimes you have to prioritize and pick your battles in life. The culture of bending over backwards to rearrange something every time someones sensibilities are offended is getting out of hand. This is what really touched a nerve with Demarcus out of all the issues out there? I really doubt it. Again, a lot of this PC stuff is about power. People like seeing big establishments bow to their will if they say so, and thats what motivates a lot of this complaining about insensitivity. Not truly being offended, but watching a big, white-owned business scramble and apologize bc a black person claimed offense. People like seeing that. But a lot of the rest of us find it pretty pathetic when businesses actually do that. It's just sad and pathetic.

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 04:23 PM

So you dont take context into account for anything. Ok.

So you are equally offended when a rapper raps the word n1gga and a white guy says "fukk off n***er" bc just like a monkey in any context whatsoever, offensive is offensive.

Seems reasonable. :rolleyes:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
It's a ****ing monkey, retard. DMC and you are the ones comparing black people to monkey's. SMDH!

How are you comparing the confederate flag to a freaking monkey? I'm a Hindu and I have a couple of Swastikas in my place. You think I'm going to take them down because it might hurt the sentiments of Jewish people?! **** no! They need to learn to deal with it.

Sensitive ***** ass libtard retards like yourself is the reason why America is going to shit. As I said, round everyone up and isolate them somewhere. Will probably die off because plants have feelings as well!! :oldlol:

That is the point you are too stupid to see. There is a big difference between something in your house and something at the workplace.

Nobody has the right to tell you that you can't have your swastikas in your house. But try and put a couple on your desk at work and see what happens. It doesn't surprise me that you can see the difference.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:26 PM
i dont even think dmc went that far...he saw a "black" shirt with a picture of a "monkey" on it and put 2 together and thought of himself...
and white management was like..lets just really slowly back up cause the last thing they want is an issue
That's DMC's problem, he tries to think.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:26 PM
That is the point you are too stupid to see. There is a big difference between something in your house and something at the workplace.

Nobody has the right to tell you that you can't have your swastikas in your house. But try and put a couple on your desk at work and see what happens. It doesn't surprise me that you can see the difference.
Nothing would happen because it would be religious discrimination.:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
I couldn't care less about feminism, gay rights or whatever. That doesn't mean that they aren't legit issues.

That isn't even a remotely close analogy.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Nothing would happen because it would be religious discrimination.:oldlol:

You don't have the right to swastikas at work. They sure wouldn't last long here at Aetna.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
That isn't even a remotely close analogy.

Yes it is. The monkey is a symbol and the confederate flag is a symbol.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to put it in my workplace either, but I work in India and it's my business. I would LOVE to see a ***** like yourself walk up to someone and ask them to take down THEIR RELIGIOUS objects from their PERSONAL space.

Funny how you ignored the rest of the post, retard. Your dumbass and DMC are the ones comparing black people to monkey's. If DMC didn't bring that up, no one would've even thought twice about it.

Monkey is a symbol for black people? Please jump off a cliff.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Errr. The Confederate flag was a symbol of a nation that fought for the right to keep slaves.

The use of the monkey in the Chinese new year calendar has nothing to do with black people or slaves:facepalm

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:35 PM
You don't have the right to swastikas at work. They sure wouldn't last long here at Aetna.
Again, Aetna would get sued out of their ass if they fired someone because they brought in swastika's that were related to their Hindu religion.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Again, Aetna would get sued out of their ass if they fired someone because they brought in swastika's that were related to their Hindu religion.

Dude probably is a janitor or something like that. OH wait! "Facilities maintenance technician". Don't want to hurt the feelings of janitors now. :cheers:

bluechox2
02-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Relax guys , no one picked up on trontronz is trolling
Plus he's canadian

Just2McFly
02-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Errr. The Confederate flag was a symbol of a nation that fought for the right to keep slaves.

The use of the monkey in the Chinese new year calendar has nothing to do with black people or slaves:facepalm

Black trials and tribulations are actually jokes to you guys . To many people the confederate flag is a symbol of state assisted hate /tyranny , damn near genocide and you are rationalizing this shit. As if the people committing atrocities weren't flying this flag and terrorizing and killing innocent people . I think it's the stale air in your bubble that's not allowing your brain to function to its full capacity .

You really expect a player in a league is majority black during the first day of black history month wants to play at home with a bunch of people wearing a shirt with a monkey on it ? It's not that hard to understand , once the Kings were informed of his feelings they rectified it right away .

aj1987
02-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Black trials and tribulations are actually jokes to you guys . To many people the confederate flag is a symbol of state assisted hate /tyranny , damn near genocide and you are rationalizing this shit. As if the people committing atrocities weren't flying this flag and terrorizing and killing innocent people . I think it's the stale air in your bubble that's not allowing your brain to function to its full capacity .

You really expect a player in a league is majority black during the first day of black history month wants to play at home with a bunch of people wearing a shirt with a monkey on it ? It's not that hard to understand , once the Kings were informed of his feelings they rectified it right away .
:roll: :roll:

That's what he's saying, idiot. How does that compare to a freaking monkey? What DMC is basically saying is that all black people are monkey's.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:41 PM

You are just wrong.

While there are no general laws that ban the display of offensive symbols, they are prohibited in certain circumstances. Significantly, this is in the workplace

Since you haven't been specific about the nature of the offensive symbol, some examples might be:
•displaying a swastika
•displaying sexually offensive material
•displaying racially offensive material

http://law.stackexchange.com/questions/4000/are-there-any-laws-in-the-us-that-ban-the-display-of-offensive-symbols

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:46 PM

Yes it is hard to understand since THE MONKEY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACK PEOPLE. No one is trivialization the symbolism of the ****ing Confederate flag.

At the same time, people taking issue with this are essentially saying all Chinese are racists against blacks.:facepalm :sleeping

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:48 PM
You are just wrong.

http://law.stackexchange.com/questions/4000/are-there-any-laws-in-the-us-that-ban-the-display-of-offensive-symbols
That isn't talking about religious symbols at all.:facepalm

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Yes it is hard to understand since THE MONKEY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACK PEOPLE. No one is trivialization the symbolism of the ****ing Confederate flag.

At the same time, people taking issue with this are essentially saying all Chinese are racists against blacks.:facepalm :sleeping

That is just nonsense.

The monkey is a symbol just like the confederate flag is a symbol, they are just symbols of different things. And I didn't see DMC actually say the monkey tshirts was racist but I can certainly understand you and the op would say that. You want to pretend you are making sense.

If the Kings brought out the tshirts at any time other than BHM I doubt the players would have even noticed.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
That isn't talking about religious symbols at all.:facepalm

it specifically mentioned the swastika genius. :facepalm

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:55 PM
http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

[QUOTE]Title VII protects all aspects of religious observance and practice as well as belief and defines religion very broadly for purposes of determining what the law covers. For purposes of Title VII, religion includes not only traditional, organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, but also religious beliefs that are new, uncommon, not part of a formal church or sect, only subscribed to by a small number of people, or that seem illogical or unreasonable to others. An employee

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 04:55 PM
it specifically mentioned the swastika genius. :facepalm
Again, not in the context of a religious object, moron.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Derpity ****ing derp. End of discussion.
Stack exchange vs a government website with ACTUAL laws? Hmm...let me think.

:roll: :roll:

Dude has the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader. What do you expect?

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Jesus you are dumb. A swastika is a swastika. It doesn't matter if you are Hindu or not. You don't have the right to display that at work. Period.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Jesus you are dumb. A swastika is a swastika. It doesn't matter if you are Hindu or not. You don't have the right to display that at work. Period.
Do you even know what a Swastika is in religious context?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Derpity ****ing derp. End of discussion.

Do you really think a swastika has the same protection that other religious symbols do? Does the word genocide ring a bell?

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Do you even know what a Swastika is in religious context?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

If someone displayed this at work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#/media/File:HinduSwastika.svg

I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. But if they used the Nazi symbol.... different story.

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Ok. And so are flags associated with Africa then. Far more slavery and genocide has happened on that continent than anywhere. This offends me as a human.

If anyone represents Africa in speech, in clothing, flags, etc, Im as offended as you are by Confederate representation.

Now let's ban both so neither of us is offended.

Fair?

Jameerthefear
02-04-2016, 05:09 PM
:applause: DMC stays winning. Blacks win. I WIN.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:10 PM

I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. But if they used the Nazi symbol.... different story.
I'm pretty sure sensitive libtard SWJ's like yourself would.

https://www.thefire.org/cases/george-washington-university-jewish-student-suspended-for-displaying-souvenir-indian-swastika/

Jameerthefear
02-04-2016, 05:11 PM
aj stays losing
we win

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:13 PM
aj stays losing
we win
How are you winning? You're applauding a dude who compared black people to monkey's. That Alabama education system.... :facepalm

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty sure sensitive libtard SWJ's like yourself would.

https://www.thefire.org/cases/george-washington-university-jewish-student-suspended-for-displaying-souvenir-indian-swastika/

I am not a liberal and it doesn't bother me at all. If someone displayed the swastika from the wiki page at work I doubt there would be a problem but that is just my opinion. I am not Jewish. A jew might see it a bit differently.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:15 PM
How are you winning? You're applauding a dude who compared black people to monkey's. That Alabama education system.... :facepalm

Please quote the section in the link where DMC said the shirt was racist or where he compared black people to monkeys.

I won't hold my breath.

AnaheimLakers24
02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
I never saw a resemblence with blacks and chimps but now that booger did this, i could.

dumbass booger chimp

Akrazotile
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
I never saw a resemblence with blacks and chimps but now that booger did this, i could.

dumbass booger chimp

Better not let him hear you say that bro. He's bound to go ape.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Please quote the section in the link where DMC said the shirt was racist or where he compared black people to monkeys.

I won't hold my breath.
That is what is implied.

Jameerthefear
02-04-2016, 05:21 PM
nah he doesn't
you whites do though
we win

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Since the story has been a bit distorted I think I will repeat this part of it.

"We all need a lesson in sensitivity," Kings president Chris Granger said, according to the Sacramento Bee. "In an effort to celebrate Chinese New Year, we had some concerns about the T-shirt giveaway, so we pulled them all before the doors opened. Certainly we don't want to offend anybody, and we acted as soon as we heard the concern."

Johnson (former player) took to Twitter to applaud Cousins for speaking out.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
No it isn''t and yes it does matter.:facepalm 6

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:29 PM

:roll: No we are resorting to wikipedia instead of the EEOC:oldlol:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
That is what is implied.

No that is just you making crap up to pretend you are making sense.

All DMC said was that it was " a little insensitive".

STFU idiot.

outbreak
02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I still don't get why people think black people as a whole look like monkeys and started that as an insult to begin with? Maybe it's because I'm from Australia but i had a hard time seeing resemblance between nearly all black people and monkeys. George bush looks more like a chimpanzee than DMC imo.

Is it racist to say westbrook looks like a turtle or duncan looks like a sad puppy dog? Or is it just the monkey bit that's racist?

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:31 PM
http://media.dallas.city.cx/sites/70/2013-11/jtdsviWJ.jpg

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:31 PM
:roll: No we are resorting to wikipedia instead of the EEOC:oldlol:

AJ is the one who posted the Wiki link. I was just responding to him about the image on that page.

RIF

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:33 PM
AJ is the one who posted the Wiki link. I was just responding to him about the image on that page.

RIF
You're the one who has gotten assblasted so hard that you relented and have said "I'd accept this swastika, but not that one":roll:

outbreak
02-04-2016, 05:36 PM
http://media.dallas.city.cx/sites/70/2013-11/jtdsviWJ.jpg
Wait Gus Hemingway is a chimp?

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:37 PM
You're the one who has gotten assblasted so hard that you relented and have said "I'd accept this swastika, but not that one":roll:

The two symbols are very different. If I saw the one from the Wiki page on someones desk I probably wouldn't give it a second glance. The Nazi symbol is shaped differently and doesn't have the 4 dots.

It doesn't surprise me that you can't see the differences between the two symbols.

And the point stands that you don't have the right to display the Nazi swastika at work.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:39 PM
The two symbols are very different. If I saw the one from the Wiki page on someones desk I probably wouldn't give it a second glance. The Nazi symbol is shaped differently and doesn't have the 4 dots.

It doesn't surprise me that you can't see the differences between the two symbols.

And the point stands that you don't have the right to display the Nazi swastika at work.

And you're right you don't have the right to display the NAZI swastika. You can, however, display the Hindu Swastika (which looks exactly the same and doesn't always have the 4 dots!)

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:39 PM
I still don't get why people think black people as a whole look like monkeys and started that as an insult to begin with? Maybe it's because I'm from Australia but i had a hard time seeing resemblance between nearly all black people and monkeys. George bush looks more like a chimpanzee than DMC imo.

Is it racist to say westbrook looks like a turtle or duncan looks like a sad puppy dog? Or is it just the monkey bit that's racist?

That is why you don't get it. It wasn't a question of physical resemblance it was meant more as an insult to their alleged inferior intelligence.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
The Hindu one doesn't always have the 4 dots and otherwise is the same.:sleeping

I guess your inability to distinguish the different shapes explains your inability to read.

aj1987
02-04-2016, 05:41 PM

RIF
http://www.himalayacrafts.com/pic/Swastika.jpg
http://s18.postimg.org/xgwhos1bd/main_qimg_bd947e2d234c1e803c6731639abefe5a_conve.j pg

Not all Swastikas have dots, you retard. That second one is a HINDU TEMPLE.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM
http://s18.postimg.org/xgwhos1bd/main_qimg_bd947e2d234c1e803c6731639abefe5a_conve.j pg

Nope, Nazi. They time traveled and became Hindu's:sleeping

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:45 PM

The second picture isn't showing up for me. The first picture wouldn't be allowed at work.

The Nazi symbol is all straight lines and right angles. The symbol on Wiki isn't.

Lebron23
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
DC is so sensitive. He's the best big man in the NBA right now.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
The second picture isn't showing up for me. The first picture wouldn't be allowed at work.

The Nazi symbol is all straight lines and right angles. The symbol on Wiki isn't.
Hey, guess what?:oldlol:

tontoz
02-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Hey, guess what?:oldlol:

Again not showing up.

And keep in mind I am just guessing that the Wiki image, which is obviously different from the Nazi symbol, would be ok. I could be wrong.

I know for a fact the Nazi symbol wouldn't be allowed.

FireDavidKahn
02-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Again not showing up.

And keep in mind I am just guessing that the Wiki image, which is obviously different from the Nazi symbol, would be ok. I could be wrong.

Again, guess what?

bluechox2
02-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Again not showing up.

thats a religious symbol for hindus

DMV2
02-04-2016, 09:16 PM
The Kings are in Cleveland on the 8th, and also they're on the road for the remainder until after the all-star break.

You really expect a player in a league is majority black during the first day of black history month wants to play at home with a bunch of people wearing a shirt with a monkey on it ? It's not that hard to understand , once the Kings were informed of his feelings they rectified it right away .You're seriously comparing this to the history of black oppression? :facepalm

This is what the black struggle has come down to now? Other minorities and ethnicity groups aren't even allowed to be appreciated or promoted if it "offense" black people. There is nothing offensive about this Year of the Monkey celebration until DMC made it out to have racial undertones. The Kings organization was only trying to show appreciation to their Chinese/Asian fanbase but this is somehow oppressing and discriminating black Americans because it's the Year of the Monkey?

Black Lives Matter, police brutality, renting/leasing discrimination, drug-related prison sentences, etc...these are actually real black struggles you guys should be fighting for. T-shirts of Year of the Monkey to celebrate Chinese New Year is not one of them.

tontoz
02-04-2016, 10:46 PM
thats a religious symbol for hindus

Do you really think that would matter to a Jew?

aj1987
02-05-2016, 05:17 AM
Do you really think that would matter to a Jew?
Oh, so religious freedom doesn't matter anymore? Freedom of speech?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eurdk9.jpg

SugarHill
02-05-2016, 05:26 AM
on a ligher note, the actual shirt design is pretty nice. 6/6 would rock

tontoz
02-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Oh, so religious freedom doesn't matter anymore? Freedom of speech?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eurdk9.jpg

There is no freedom of speech at work idiot. You say something they don't like they can fire you. If you post something they don't like on facebook/twitter they can fire you.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 07:41 AM
There is no freedom of speech at work idiot. You say something they don't like they can fire you. If you post something they don't like on facebook/twitter they can fire you.
Not when it comes to religion, retard.

[QUOTE=FireDavidKahn]http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

[QUOTE]Title VII protects all aspects of religious observance and practice as well as belief and defines religion very broadly for purposes of determining what the law covers. For purposes of Title VII, religion includes not only traditional, organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, but also religious beliefs that are new, uncommon, not part of a formal church or sect, only subscribed to by a small number of people, or that seem illogical or unreasonable to others. An employee

tontoz
02-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Not when it comes to religion, retard.

And that's coming from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Not form some random dude on stack exchange.

And it doesn't mention swastikas retard. A swastika isn't just a religious symbol. It is also a symbol of something else.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 08:13 AM
And it doesn't mention swastikas retard. A swastika isn't just a religious symbol. It is also a symbol of something else.
It has been a religious symbol for over 3,000 years, you uneducated shit.

You want them to specify each and every religious symbol and object? They expect the common person to be smarter than you.

Clifton
02-05-2016, 08:35 AM
He's right to pull the shirts, because of the unfortunate coincidence. No you don't release that shirt on Feb 1st because everyone knows about Black History Month but few will make the connection and see that it's really about Chinese New Year. (Is the Chinese community in Sacramento that significant? Is it bigger than... people who care about black history month? Doubt it. I'm white and I care about Black History Month.)

But I hate seeing grown men going around saying things like "We all need a less in sensitivity," when they didn't even do anything wrong. They had no ill intent, didn't realize the coincidence of the timing, and pulled them the moment they realized. No big deal.

I think it's a bad thing that everyone in a position of any authority is running around scared that a PC riot will break out and they'll be professionally ruined and socially outcast if they do even the slightest thing wrong. That's what I hear here and it's stupid. Not only stupid but kind of nasty and dysfunctional.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 08:40 AM
He's right to pull the shirts, because of the unfortunate coincidence. No you don't release that shirt on Feb 1st because everyone knows about Black History Month but few will make the connection and see that it's really about Chinese New Year. (Is the Chinese community in Sacramento that significant? Is it bigger than... people who care about black history month? Doubt it. I'm white and I care about Black History Month.)

But I hate seeing grown men going around saying things like "We all need a less in sensitivity," when they didn't even do anything wrong. They had no ill intent, didn't realize the coincidence of the timing, and pulled them the moment they realized. No big deal.

I think it's a bad thing that everyone in a position of any authority is running around scared that a PC riot will break out and they'll be professionally ruined and socially outcast if they do even the slightest thing wrong. That's what I hear here and it's stupid. Not only stupid but kind of nasty and dysfunctional.
http://i64.tinypic.com/eape3c.jpg

I know that all Asian's are not Chinese, but that's a significant number.

robert de niro
02-05-2016, 09:03 AM

tontoz in september be like
https://img1.etsystatic.com/065/0/8223026/il_570xN.788648953_2gwt.jpg

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:08 AM
It has been a religious symbol for over 3,000 years, you uneducated shit.

You want them to specify each and every religious symbol and object? They expect the common person to be smarter than you.

It doesn't matter how long it has been a religious symbol idiot. What matters is what it symbolizes now.

And an idiot like you probably doesn't know that a typical big company puts all new employees on probation during their first year, typically lasting at least 4 months. They can fire you without cause during that time. If they want to fire you for displaying religious objects of any kind they absolutely can, and there is nothing you can do about it.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:14 AM
It doesn't matter how long it has been a religious symbol idiot. What matters is what it symbolizes now.
The vast majority of the world considers them to be a Hindu symbol. Try traveling once in a while instead of being cooped up wherever you are.

And an idiot like you probably doesn't know that a typical big company puts all new employees on probation during their first year, typically lasting at least 4 months. They can fire you without cause during that time. If they want to fire you for displaying religious objects of any kind they absolutely can, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Well:

[QUOTE=FireDavidKahn]http://eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:18 AM
The freaking U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission disagrees, shit for brains.

No they don't disagree idiot. What part of "without cause" do you not understand? they can fire you when you are on probation without saying why.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:29 AM
No they don't disagree idiot. What part of "without cause" do you not understand? they can fire you when you are on probation without saying why.

Really, you're way out of your depth here. Stick to cleaning toilets at your insurance company.

dunksby
02-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Monkeys symbolize black people? Damn you are one sick Mfer.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Monkeys symbolize black people? Damn you are one sick Mfer.

Feel free to point to any post made by anyone that says monkeys symbolize black people.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Really, you're way out of your depth here. Stick to cleaning toilets at your insurance company.

Literal ****ing retard you are, tontoz.

Do you not understand English? They can fire you without saying why.

You can't claim religious discrimination when they don't give a reason why you were fired dumbass.

How many janitors work on a computer all day dumbass?

dunksby
02-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Feel free to point to any post made by anyone that says monkeys symbolize black people.
Anybody who thinks a shirt with a monkey on it is offensive to black people is saying that. You are a racist asshole, stop rationalizing your sick beliefs.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Anybody who thinks a shirt with a monkey on it is offensive to black people is saying that. You are a racist asshole, stop rationalizing your sick beliefs.

So in other words you are just making stuff up to pretend you are making sense. OK

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Do you not understand English? They can fire you without saying why.

You can't claim religious discrimination when they don't give a reason why you were fired dumbass.

How many janitors work on a computer all day dumbass?
I don't think I've ever seen a company do that. Ever. Don't know how it works in that retarded PC libtard company of yours, but it figures that they'd hire your dumbass.

dunksby
02-05-2016, 09:44 AM
So in other words you are just making stuff up to pretend you are making sense. OK
You have been making a case for a shirt with a monkey on it being offensive to black people in this thread the whole time, it's time to stop posting man, you don't even know what you are arguing at this point.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:49 AM
You have been making a case for a shirt with a monkey on it being offensive to black people in this thread the whole time, it's time to stop posting man, you don't even know what you are arguing at this point.

Like I said you are just making stuff up. Nobody in this thread ever claimed monkey's symbolized black people.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a company do that. Ever. Don't know how it works in that retarded PC libtard company of yours, but it figures that they'd hire your dumbass.

It doesn't matter whether you know about it or not. I expect there are a lot of things that are common knowledge to other people that you don't know about. And I think most people that get fired aren't that eager to talk about the experience.

I think companies do it to protect themselves in case someone falsified their references or maybe something comes up on a backround check that they don't like.

After the probationary period is up the pendulum swings the other way, in favor of the employee. My boss right now wants to fire someone but can't because the system is protecting the employee.

Small companies are a different matter.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:55 AM
It doesn't matter whether you know about it or not. I expect there are a lot of things that are common knowledge to other people that you don't know about. And I think most people that get fired aren't that eager to talk about the experience.

I think companies do it to protect themselves in case someone falsified their references or maybe something comes up on a backround check that they don't like.

After the probationary period is up the pendulum swings the other way, in favor of the employee. My boss right now wants to fire someone but can't because the system is protecting the employee.

Small companies are a different matter.
So basically your dumbass company does this and you assume EVERYONE does? Also, can you provide proof? :facepalm :facepalm

tontoz
02-05-2016, 09:55 AM
So basically your dumbass company does this and you assume EVERYONE does? Also, can you provide proof? :facepalm :facepalm

I have worked for several companies and know other people that have worked at several big companies, dumbass.

Going to a meeting now so play amongst yourselves.

dunksby
02-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Like I said you are just making stuff up. Nobody in this thread ever claimed monkey's symbolized black people.
Yes, you did, you also personally associate black people with monkeys, that's why you are arguing in favor of what DMC did. Closet racist confirmed.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I have worked for several companies and know other people that have worked at several big companies, dumbass.

Going to a meeting now so play amongst yourselves.
Cleaning toilets =/= meeting. You're just going to clean up parts of your brain.

dunksby
02-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Cleaning toilets =/= meeting. You're just going to clean up parts of your brain.
Dude has 70 posts in this thread, more than anybody and tries to play the I'm so busy card :roll:

KelticForce1349
02-05-2016, 10:36 AM
1) Black trials and tribulations are actually jokes to you guys .

2) You really expect a player in a league is majority black during the first day of black history month wants to play at home with a bunch of people wearing a shirt with a monkey on it ?

1) No. This t-shirt situation is something that normal people can't take seriously.

2) First of all, it should be of no difference how many Black players are in the NBA. I suppose you are saying majority rules, or even might makes right....unless of course you are outnumbered.

So how about if the majority of the Kings ticket-holders or fans are White? Or Asian? You still want majority rules at all costs?

Why would you choose to see a connection between a Monkey and a human being that is Black? Don't say history. Live in this current moment and answer that question honestly please.

coin24
02-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Is it because of the porch monkey saying??

Does anyone actually associate blacks as being monkeys? What year is it in America :oldlol:

PC gone mad.. It's funny how people will go batshit crazy over something stupid and meaningless like this, yet sit back with no opinion or clue of there own country going down the toilet as the corrupt governments are run by corporations:oldlol:

tontoz
02-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Yes, you did, you also personally associate black people with monkeys, that's why you are arguing in favor of what DMC did. Closet racist confirmed.

Please quote the post where I associated black people with monkeys.

Obvious stupidity confirmed.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 11:16 AM

You want proof? Check giyf.com idiot.

Hittin_Shots
02-05-2016, 11:35 AM
The name Tontoz offends me ands its being plastered all over this public forum, I would like for it to be removed.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 11:41 AM
The name Tontoz offends me ands its being plastered all over this public forum, I would like for it to be removed.

This isn't a workplace.

But if it really offends you can probably block my posts.

Clifton
02-05-2016, 04:46 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/eape3c.jpg

I know that all Asian's are not Chinese, but that's a significant number.
The community where I grew up was 20% asian too. Probably half of those 20% were Korean. Very few were Chinese, and most of those who were thought of Chinese New Year the way everyone else does: a fun sideshow with fireworks that takes place downtown.

Black History Month, and everything it's about, is a major factor on the cultural radar of most Americans, and almost everyone in cities. Racial demographics aside, it's obvious that the shirt is a misfire. Most people will think nothing at all; the few who do will think, "Boy, that was a really unfortunate and oblivious misfire. Wasn't that a racial slur once upon a time?" Maybe two or three people will be genuinely offended.

tontoz
02-05-2016, 04:51 PM
I doubt anyone believes the Kings had any bad intentions here. Cousins himself only said it was "a little insensitive". Seems to me he was more like :wtf: as opposed to being really offended.