PDA

View Full Version : Knicks are the worst franchise of all time

SexSymbol
02-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Can we all just agree on that?
Considering the potential that this team had over the years, all the money pouring in.
To only have a few rings and be as popular is a disgrace to the game of basketball and the gleaming gold standard of how not to run a team.

miggyme1
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Considering the potential that this team had over the years, all the money pouring in.
To only have a few rings and be as popular is a disgrace to the game of basketball and the gleaming gold standard of how not to run a team.

LAKERS ARE GAINING STEAM. HAVENT BEEN SH*T SINCE DR BUSS DIED AND WILL NEVER BE SH*T. YOU GOTTA HAVE THE VISION MAN. DR BUSS HAD THAT VISION.

Legends66NBA7
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Currently, Raptors are the worst on-court production (regular season and playoffs) franchise.

If were talking about branding, Timberwolves and Pelicans. Do the Bucks get a mention ?

Knicks are the most valuable team in thr league. Hardly a business problem. They haven't had a serious title contender since the 90's. Problem is they used to spend their money on the wrong players.

pastis
02-03-2016, 05:47 PM
what about brooklyn?

i just cant understand why they threw this max contract to joe johnson and d-will. and then pierce and garnett for every promising pick they had.

WayOfWade
02-03-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm going to letter the "prisoner of the moment" within me come out and say the Sixers. What they've been doing since 2012 is an absolute disgrace; not just to basketball, but to the human race

Marchesk
02-03-2016, 05:48 PM
I'm going to letter the "prisoner of the moment" within me come out and say the Sixers. What they've been doing since 2012 is an absolute disgrace; not just to basketball, but to the human race

But they do have two of the best teams of all-time and some great all-time players.

SexSymbol
02-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Currently, Raptors are the worst on-court production (regular season and playoffs) franchise.

If were talking about branding, Timberwolves and Pelicans. Do the Bucks get a mention ?

Knicks are the most valuable team in thr league. Hardly a business problem. They haven't had a serious title contender since the 90's. Problem is they used to spend their money on the wrong players.
Well that's the point, nobody expects great things from timberwolves and pelicans or raptors.
But Knicks should be on the same pedestal as Lakers and Celtics.
And they can't hold a candle to the spurs or bulls and even Heat shits on them.

Knicks, based on what they could've been, are the worst franchise.
Sort of like top gear chose one of the (spoiler) lexus cars as the worst all time, because they shoud've known better

pastis
02-03-2016, 05:50 PM

yea its quite horrible. but honestly, rebuilding is a process. normally you should count 3-4 years to become relevant again if you decide to rebuild.
look at the celtics, the bucks, the lakers, the wolves, KIngs, Hornets etc. pp

you are lucky if you have the chance to attract a superstar (big market) or to draft one (kings, Hornets). if you dont have either its going to be hard and long.

Sarcastic
02-03-2016, 05:53 PM
They've been poorly run for a decade, but are on the upswing. Despite a lousy decade, they're still the most valuable franchise. Kind of hard to be the worst when you make the most money, which at the end of the day is the most important thing for the NBA.

SexSymbol
02-03-2016, 05:55 PM
They've been poorly run for a decade, but are on the upswing. Despite a lousy decade, they're still the most valuable franchise. Kind of hard to be the worst when you make the most money, which at the end of the day is the most important thing for the NBA.
not for the all time ranking.
Seriously, the only thing they have going for them is merchandise and trying to prop up msg arena as something special which is just not.
Knicks fricking suck. And I used to like this franchise.

kennethgriffin
02-03-2016, 05:55 PM
i'd say the worst franchise is the clippers... if we're not counting the celtics history attached to them

like buffalo/clippers combined

Sarcastic
02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
not for the all time ranking.
Seriously, the only thing they have going for them is merchandise and trying to prop up msg arena as something special which is just not.
Knicks fricking suck. And I used to like this franchise.

Winning comes down to having top 5 draft picks. Pretty much every top 10 or even top 20 player all time was a top 5 pick. Other than Ewing, what picks have the Knicks had?

Pointguard
02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Far from that. The franchise is doing exceptionally well. The craze in the city is crazy. They haven't fielded a winning team since the 90's so the expectations have been low anyway.

Beastmode88
02-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Yet the franchise is worth the most. :rolleyes:

SexSymbol
02-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Yet the franchise is worth the most. :rolleyes:
That's the equivalent of calling some teenage hearth-throb talentless piece of shit and you responding with ur just jelouz coz he haz mor money than youuu.

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 06:05 PM

"Can we all just agree on that?"

No, we ****ing can't. Agreed that we've been poorly run for the last 25 years, but this team was once good and is on the way back to being so. Either you hate Phil Jackson and Kristaps Porzingis, or you haven't been paying attention this season. But hey! - hate all you want.

FreezingTsmoove
02-03-2016, 06:15 PM
The offseason they did to the players of the 50 win team a couple seasons back was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed. Had they kept that core and built around it they could have been Warriors lite

SexSymbol
02-03-2016, 06:16 PM
"Can we all just agree on that?"

No, we ****ing can't. Agreed that we've been poorly run for the last 25 years, but this team was once good and is on the way back to being so. Either you hate Phil Jackson and Kristaps Porzingis, or you haven't been paying attention this season. But hey! - hate all you want.
I love Phil and Porzingis, but all this on the way back talk has been here for the last decade.

Draz
02-03-2016, 06:26 PM
What "potential" are we talking about here? We never had true all-star worthy players, Amare was injury prone, the one star we had in Melo isn't surrounded with solid pieces. Management sucks, up until we acquired Phil Jackson. Ownership always sucked. Walsh always got himself involved in management. We NEVER had a decent coach, now we have a rookie coach who knows shit.

If we're talking about POTENTIAL, we're not talking about this Knicks organization. In terms of POTENTIAL, we're talking about the Grizzlies, Clippers, CLEVELAND, the list goes on and and on. The market is the only thing we have good, and no matter how much we lose it'll remain good. It's the brand "NEW YORK" that keeps us alive. It hasn't attracted much "all stars" and if it did, it practically killed their future and their reputation.

As of right now, here's where the true rebuilding starts. It started with Phil, Fisher was the WORST move we could of made, but after Fisher it's making moves with gaining solid players. Proz is in the picture. We need a solid PG.

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 06:31 PM
I love Phil and Porzingis, but all this on the way back talk has been here for the last decade.

You must consider the source. Until Jackson's hiring, our generous (and NBA knowledge lacking) owner held sway on all decisions. We hadn't been relevant since his father Charles owned the team. Up to this season, it's been about hoping and finger-crossing.

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 06:34 PM
The offseason they did to the players of the 50 win team a couple seasons back was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed. Had they kept that core and built around it they could have been Warriors lite

You typed this before; I'll address it again. Had Kidd not left us in the lurch, along with Sheed and Novak not being paid, we would have been fairly relevant.

That team was ill-conceived and not built to last. Hence the GM's firing. It got Phil here, I'll live with the results.

Legends66NBA7
02-03-2016, 06:35 PM

Huh ?

Who did they lose exactly ?

ralph_i_el
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
LAKERS ARE GAINING STEAM. HAVENT BEEN SH*T SINCE DR BUSS DIED AND WILL NEVER BE SH*T. YOU GOTTA HAVE THE VISION MAN. DR BUSS HAD THAT VISION.

The Lakers could never field a contender for the next 30 years and just of the strength of their resume would still be one of the greatest franchises.

Knicks aren't shit. Porzingis is a future beast though

FreezingTsmoove
02-03-2016, 07:11 PM
You typed this before; I'll address it again. Had Kidd not left us in the lurch, along with Sheed and Novak not being paid, we would have been fairly relevant.

That team was ill-conceived and not built to last. Hence the GM's firing. It got Phil here, I'll live with the results.

Dont underestimate the importance of Chemistry.

And trading a first round pick for Bargnani

FreezingTsmoove
02-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Huh ?

Who did they lose exactly ?

Chris Copeland, Steve Novak

And its more of the chemistry killers they gained over the off season that destroyed the team

They were the #1 3 point shooting team in the league (in attempts)

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Chris Copeland, Steve Novak

And its more of the chemistry killers they gained over the off season that destroyed the team

They were the #1 3 point shooting team in the league (in attempts)

You were watching. Sheed was HUGE for that team. When those threes were dropping, we were hard to beat. But factor in the average age on that team. Wasn't meant to last.

The chemistry came from the confidence that these vets had playing on the Olympic team and through the years. I prefer the chemistry that Phil is trying to build with youth and a few vets. This team is gonna be much more interesting next season.

FKAri
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Breaking News:

Knicks have acquired Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert in a 3 team deal that sees Kristaps Porzingis being dealt.

Draz
02-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Breaking News:

Knicks have acquired Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert in a 3 team deal that sees Kristaps Porzingis being dealt.
:roll: :roll: :roll: I'd kill myself that fat fck always comes back

Wiltside
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
This distinction still belongs to the Clippers, doesn't matter if they have a decent team now, because that team still hasn't done shit ultimately.

Wiltside
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Breaking News:

:roll:

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Breaking News:

They'd be lining up on the Williamsburg...

smoovegittar
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: I'd kill myself that fat fck always comes back

Careful - it would be his third go-round.

TheBigVeto
02-03-2016, 10:03 PM
But they got Porzingod now, so they should not be given that title.

imdaman99
02-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Not the worst, although they were run badly. Things are looking up, one can only hope.

Derka
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM
No.