PDA

View Full Version : Better all-time: Curry vs. Durant

Black and White
02-04-2016, 06:18 AM
ESPN listed Durant one spot over Curry, what does ISH think? do you have Durant or Curry higher all-time?

In my opinion, ESPN has ranked both of them way too high currently.

Im Still Ballin
02-04-2016, 06:21 AM
They are about the same for now

They'll face off in the WCF

pastis
02-04-2016, 06:58 AM
damn, it looks like the WCSF will be more interesting to watch than the ECF.

JtotheIzzo
02-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Curry and it isnt close.

Gone further
Has ring
Same # of MVPs
Bigger cultural impact

ESPN fails and trolls on purpose to stay in the conversation.

Its why they hire SAS, Skip, Jemele etc.

They'd have kept Cowherd, BS and Whitlock too if they could control them.

What a load of horse hockey!

Im Still Ballin
02-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Karl Malone > Charlie Barkley

Nash
02-04-2016, 07:12 AM
For now, Durant. He has had more years on the top.

plowking
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Curry and it isnt close.

Gone further
Has ring
Same # of MVPs
Bigger cultural impact

ESPN fails and trolls on purpose to stay in the conversation.

Its why they hire SAS, Skip, Jemele etc.

They'd have kept Cowherd, BS and Whitlock too if they could control them.

What a load of horse hockey!

This is probably true. Curry is a bigger household name now than Durant has ever come close to. He will have one more MVP by seasons end, already has more titles, and given how things are now will probably increase that gap...

Milbuck
02-04-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm gonna wait until after the playoffs. The stage is set for Durant to do some legendary shit. Dude is looking at a GOAT-level defense, perhaps the GOAT team, and Lebron back-to-back-to-back to win a championship. This is legacy cementing shit he has in front of him. I doubt he pulls it off but if he does it totally changes this discussion.

Im Still Ballin
02-04-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm gonna wait until after the playoffs. The stage is set for Durant to do some legendary shit. Dude is looking at a GOAT-level defense, perhaps the GOAT team, and Lebron back-to-back-to-back to win a championship. This is legacy cementing shit he has in front of him. I doubt he pulls it off but if he does it totally changes this discussion.
LEGENDARY post.

I mean... WOW. SENSATIONAL.

Dragonyeuw
02-04-2016, 08:28 AM
It's close. Curry has the ring/MVP argument, but he has a much better team around him that complements his talents. Durant and Westbrook are two of the most talented players we've ever seen, but I don't think they truly complement each other and are better individually( like we saw with Durant in 2014, Westbrook last year) than collectively where its a little too much 'my turn, your turn' between the two of them. But with how good Curry has been this year, we seem to have forgotten just how sick Durant was back in 2014, and starting to get back to that level over the course of this season.

It's also really difficult to understand the ESPN rankings because the criteria seems all over the place. What is being judged here? Careers? Peak value? Some arbitrary mix of the two?

dabigbaws
02-04-2016, 08:29 AM

Kevin Durant automatically moves into top 5 all time once he wins this year and once he beats currys absolutely STACKED team curry moves out of the top 100.