PDA

View Full Version : Will the Lakers trade anyone?

alexthegod
02-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I'd like to see Metta get traded so he can actually get on the floor.

Unfortunately I think the only players that get traded will be for 2nd round . Maybe Hibbert or Bass? I Dont expect anything major.

But we can always dream of the trade that comes out of left field a la Pau Gasol! and Chris Paul! lol.

SoCalMike
02-08-2016, 11:23 AM
lots of rumors out there.. don't expect the lakers to do anything that would help them improve this season. if they do anything, let's hope it is an investment for the future (i.e. a draft pick, injured promising player, etc). They definitely need to protect a top 3 pick at this point.

(then again, this is a Jim Buss driven team so who knows!!!)

:pimp:

alexthegod
02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
lots of rumors out there.. don't expect the lakers to do anything that would help them improve this season. if they do anything, let's hope it is an investment for the future (i.e. a draft pick, injured promising player, etc). They definitely need to protect a top 3 pick at this point.

(then again, this is a Jim Buss driven team so who knows!!!)

I am curious if Bass or Williams can really bring back anything of value for the future. Cant see anyone giving up a real assset for Hibbert.

Seriously they need to get lucky again with the ping bong balls....and stop winning games lol.

dd24
02-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I think it's going to be a pretty boring trade deadline in general. It doesn't seem like there's going to be any blockbusters out there.

alexthegod
02-09-2016, 10:03 PM
I think it's going to be a pretty boring trade deadline in general. It doesn't seem like there's going to be any blockbusters out there.

It is VERY quite for this late in the trade season for sure. I am very doubtful the Lakers can do anything significant this trade season.

SoCalMike
02-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Well, the Lakers used to be famous for keeing trades under wraps, so who knows....

Then again, Jim Buss is running the show... blah

alexthegod
02-15-2016, 04:54 PM
You had me until....

Then again, Jim Buss is running the show... blah

alexthegod
02-16-2016, 12:55 PM
they have no one worth trading

Lou Williams is a nice trade trip that makes sense to move. A 15 point a game scorer off the bench that can get to the line is valuable for a playoff team. He has a team friendly deal at 7 mil per season.

Clarkson has good value, will be a restricted free agent, so team control.

not much, but a little something!

dd24
02-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I could definitely see playoff teams wanting those two. Brandon Bass and Nick Young could help a team off the bench too. They wouldn't bring much back though. I think the best the Lakers could hope to do would be to get a few draft picks and try to stock pile some of those. This season the draft really doesn't look deep at all so it would hopefully be future picks.

ihatetimthomas
02-16-2016, 03:29 PM
As been said, Lou Williams has best value of guys Lakers would be willing to trade. Bass has some value too. But not enough value to get anything much in return. I would be happy with a couple of 2nd round picks for those guys. Those guys have no future with this core.

bladefd
02-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Honestly, I'm not a fan of 2nd round picks. They are too risky with many of them turning into busts. We know what Lou Williams brings to the table (consistent scoring and 3pt range off the bench). I would hold onto him rather than trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Only way I would trade Lou is if we can package him for a starter or get a mid/late 1st rounder or get a better bench scorer like Jamal Crawford.

dd24
02-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Nobody is going to give up a starter for him.

bladefd
02-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Nobody is going to give up a starter for him.

Not straight up, but I can see Lou packaged with Hibbert, and Nick Young or something. :confusedshrug:

alexthegod
02-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Yeah second rounders dont often turn into viable players. Maybe someone will part with a young player who wont be ready for a year or two for a veteran right now.

alexthegod
02-16-2016, 08:31 PM
NBA Trade Deadline: Which Laker is most likely to be traded?

Interesting "expert" opinions

I like the idea of moving Hibbert to give Black more minutes.

alexthegod
02-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Awesome blast!

Los Angeles Lakers

Record: 11-44

They need to trade Byron Scott, but since that's not happening, they should stand pat. There are little deals to be made with Roy Hibbert or Brandon Bass, but they won't get major upgrades without dealing the youngsters, and they badly need to hold onto the youngsters.

full article: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25485662/nba-trade-deadline-examining-the-needs-for-all-30-teams

SoCalMike
02-18-2016, 11:27 AM
the only thing i would hope for is if they do make a smaller move, that they get a nice draft pick out of it... focus on continued rebuilding.

SoCalMike
02-18-2016, 11:15 PM
No, they wont trade anyone....:roll:

dd24
02-19-2016, 02:12 AM
Haha, looks like most of us were right. It was a pretty slow trade deadline for the most part. I really didn't think any of those potential blockbuster trades would happen until the off season. Kevin Love and Carmelo will for sure be in the rumors again this summer. Unless of course the Cavs somehow win a championship lol. The Melo will be the name getting thrown around.

SoCalMike
02-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Haha, looks like most of us were right. It was a pretty slow trade deadline for the most part. I really didn't think any of those potential blockbuster trades would happen until the off season. Kevin Love and Carmelo will for sure be in the rumors again this summer. Unless of course the Cavs somehow win a championship lol. The Melo will be the name getting thrown around.

That is an interesting thought.. they will have tons of cap space (over $50M). What will be interesting is how they will blend their talented young prospects (including a really good potential top 3 - 1st round pick this year) with acquiring supporting pieces to develop a team for championships for years. This is huge and will be all on the front office to do it properly (which I have little faith in at this point).

I know there is the opportunity for tons of debate and philosophy around this topic.

SoCalMike
02-19-2016, 11:08 AM
And to add to the fuel of my post above, I don't see a player like Melo as a good fit for their strategy.

Younger "up and comers" are what they should be going after - build a strong and DEEP core of younger players... IMO :)

dd24
02-19-2016, 01:59 PM
I didn't mean Melo or Love to LA. I just meant in the trade rumors in general. Typically those superstar players aren't dealt at the deadline. It takes weeks to put those deals together. At the trade deadline everyone tries to hurry and make something happen in a few days. I think it will be the same Love to Boston, Melo to Cleveland type rumors. Then maybe some sign and trade stuff with Whiteside and Howard.

The Lakers are obviously going to try to sign Durant in the off season. That's a huge long shot. I would expect them to end up with some more B players this time around. It's a weak FA class.