PDA

View Full Version : charles barkley or david robinson?

references
02-05-2016, 02:07 AM
espn has barkley higher on their list than david robinson. imo that is ludicrous

AngelEyes
02-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Very reasonable considering Barkley had the better career and was the more dominant player.

dubeta
02-05-2016, 02:12 AM
I'd take both of them over this guy

https://i.imgflip.com/yn76b.gif

references
02-05-2016, 02:17 AM
Very reasonable considering Barkley had the better career and was the more dominant player.

mvp
2x champ
4x 1st team
defensive player of the year
4x defensive 1st team in an era of all-time great defensive centers
4x defensive 2nd team
led the league in scoring, blocks and rebounds (wilt type stuff)

21/11 (3 blocks) career

how did barkley have a better career?

AngelEyes
02-05-2016, 02:20 AM
mvp
2x champ
4x 1st team
4x defensive 2nd team

21/11 (3 blocks) career

I don't give a shit how many championships Robinson won as an older player riding Duncan's coattails. If Barkley had Duncan on his team he would have won at least two. Barkley was more of a prime time player than Robinson. Robinson shrunk often when the lights got too bright.

kennethgriffin
02-05-2016, 02:21 AM
I'd take both of them over this guy

https://i.imgflip.com/yn76b.gif

i would too

38 year old kobe wouldn't be a good power forward or center in the 1990's

kennethgriffin
02-05-2016, 02:22 AM
mvp
2x champ
4x 1st team
4x defensive 2nd team

21/11 (3 blocks) career

this ^

barkley had the better stats.. thats about it

Kobe_6/8
02-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Charles is better on offense, David is better on defense. Charles is kind of short for a 4, Robinson is a true 5. I would take Robinson for his superior defense and blocking, but Charles is not a bad choice. Charles is more alpha.

references
02-05-2016, 02:25 AM
this ^

barkley had the better stats.. thats about it
he didn't even have better stats. 30/11/5 (2 steals and 3 blocks :wtf: ) is better than any season that big headed obese tool ever had

Straight_Ballin
02-05-2016, 02:28 AM
Give me the guy that didn't ride the excercize bike during Suns practice while eating McDonalds pancakes....

Collie
02-05-2016, 02:30 AM
I think longevity also played a factor. D Rob really only had 7-8 "superstar" seasons, while Barkley had 11-12 in which you could consider him a superstar.

AngelEyes
02-05-2016, 02:30 AM
he didn't even have better stats. 30/11/5 (2 steals and 3 blocks :wtf: ) is better than any season that big headed obese tool ever had

I'm supposed to take you seriously when you're calling one of the GOAT power forwards a big headed obese tool? Barkley accomplished more in a year than your lineage has in its entire history.

references
02-05-2016, 02:31 AM
I don't give a shit how many championships Robinson won as an older player riding Duncan's coattails. If Barkley had Duncan on his team he would have won at least two. Barkley was more of a prime time player than Robinson. Robinson shrunk often when the lights got too bright.
barkley tried to ride 2 hall of famers and couldn't get it done :applause:

references
02-05-2016, 02:34 AM
I'm supposed to take you seriously when you're calling one of the GOAT power forwards a big headed obese tool? Barkley accomplished more in a year than your lineage has in its entire history.
does he have a big head? yes. is he obese? clearly. is he a tool? does he say stupid stuff on national television? does he sound like a moron? yes! is barkley your father? if not then why are you going so hard for some man who does not know you exist? because you saw him play when you were a kid? :oldlol:

AngelEyes
02-05-2016, 02:36 AM
barkley tried to ride 2 hall of famers and couldn't get it done :applause:

He didn't ride shit. Drexler and Olajuwon were even older than Barkley and they both declined rapidly.

AngelEyes
02-05-2016, 02:37 AM
does he have a big head? yes. is he obese? clearly. is he a tool? does he say stupid stuff on national television? does he sound like a moron? yes! is barkley your father? if not then why are you going so hard for some man who does not know you exist? because you saw him play when you were a kid? :oldlol:

Dude you're insulting one of the greatest players of all time on the internet like a petulant child. It's a bad look.

references
02-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Dude you're insulting one of the greatest players of all time on the internet like a petulant child. It's a bad look.
he's just a man like you or I. quit putting him on a pedestal because you sound like a vag

Harison
02-05-2016, 02:47 AM
I would take DRob over Barkley, easily.

* Dominant two-way player >> dominant one way player.

* David's conditioning was superb, Barkley's... lets not open this door. :lol

* David was a perfect teammate (did a wonderful job mentoring Duncan too), Barkley was a basket case.

* Center is more valuable position than PF.

I literally cant think of why would anyone pick Barkley over DRob.

$LakerGold
02-05-2016, 02:51 AM
Reminds me of Kobe in Game 7's. But I have yet to see it from an analytical standpoint (from what kind of shots he takes, where & how he takes these kind of shots, the % of every Mamba tendencies) of how & why he apparently chokes every do or die moments -- No, I'm not talking about being clutch during crunch times.

Someone give it to me.

Kobe_6/8
02-05-2016, 02:53 AM

* David was a perfect teammate (did a wonderful job mentoring Duncan too), Barkley was a basket case.

This is important...Robinson was often a beta when the lights got bright. Dennis Rodman said David got stage fright all the time.

Harison
02-05-2016, 03:05 AM
This is important...Robinson was often a beta when the lights got bright. Dennis Rodman said David got stage fright all the time.
DRob's performance on the biggest stage in his prime was hardly worse than Barkley's offensively, and much, much better defensively.

Thats fine if David isnt the closer, plenty of wings to fill that spot. Do YOU want Barkley anchoring the defense? :lol Selection of All-time great defensive bigs is much more rare than great offensive wings.

houston
02-05-2016, 03:10 AM
barkley the better player but I'll take robinson for defense

Spurs5Rings2014
02-05-2016, 03:29 AM
Barkley wasn't even better offensively than D. Rob (30 PPG with 5 assist PEAK), but then you look at defense and there's a monstrous gap there. Outside of that, I believe people are saying Robinson shrank in big moments mainly because of that one Hakeem series, but if you actually look at their career H2H you'd see that they are actually very even. It's a shame that The Admiral won't ever get the credit he deserves because of one series when his peak form was one of the most complete and dominant basketball players of all time.

:coleman:

houston
02-05-2016, 03:33 AM
Barkley wasn't even better offensively than D. Rob (30 PPG with 5 assist PEAK), but then you look at defense and there's a monstrous gap there. Outside of that, I believe people are saying Robinson shrank in big moments mainly because of that one Hakeem series, but if you actually look at their career H2H you'd see that they are actually very even. It's a shame that The Admiral won't ever get the credit he deserves because of one series when his peak form was one of the most complete and dominant basketball players of all time.

:coleman:

Other series he shrink too but people acting like Barkley was clutch player though. Dude lost against the rockets even though he had way better team lol.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-05-2016, 03:35 AM
Other series he shrink too but people acting like Barkley was clutch player though. Dude lost against the rockets even though he had way better team lol.

Didn't he lose when he was up 3-1 or some shit? Not sure if the same series, but I know he lost some series' when he should of won.

Kobe_6/8
02-05-2016, 03:42 AM
DRob's performance on the biggest stage in his prime was hardly worse than Barkley's offensively, and much, much better defensively.

Thats fine if David isnt the closer, plenty of wings to fill that spot. Do YOU want Barkley anchoring the defense? :lol Selection of All-time great defensive bigs is much more rare than great offensive wings.

Agreed lol, David's defense is much more valuable than anything Charles offers

Wade's Rings
02-05-2016, 03:44 AM
Didn't he lose when he was up 3-1 or some shit? Not sure if the same series, but I know he lost some series' when he should of won.

He lost in '94 after being up 2-0 with Games 3 & 4 at Home. He lost in '95 after being up 3-1 with Games 5 & 7 at Home. Barkley was a better Playoff Performer IMO but those were 2 massive chokes and if he wins 1 of those series he potentially has a Ring.

Robinson's Regular Season Numbers were great but his play dipped in multiple Playoff Series.

houston
02-05-2016, 03:45 AM

Both 94 and 95 series they was up. 94 they was up 2-0 and 95 3-1. Barkley had 3 game losing streak in each of those series. Plus lost a game 7 on his home floor:oldlol: The Suns just won the West with the same core in 93.

JtotheIzzo
02-05-2016, 04:52 AM
Kids dont get it.

Barkley was on a different level than Robinson his entire career, being compared to MJ, Robinson was battling with Ewing for shine.

This comparison is laughable and a great example of how statistics and how a player ends his career can confuse those who weren't around to see it.

Barkley was second only to MJ in his prime.

references
02-05-2016, 05:04 AM
Kids dont get it.

Barkley was on a different level than Robinson his entire career, being compared to MJ, Robinson was battling with Ewing for shine.

This comparison is laughable and a great example of how statistics and how a player ends his career can confuse those who weren't around to see it.

they were both top 5 in MVP voting throughout their primes and came out with one apiece. robinson in a six year stretch was top 3 in MVP voting. Barkley was more or less the same in a six year stretch. they were of similar standings in the league at worst.

barkley was a worse player than jordan, hakeem and robinson at the very least

Finger Roll
02-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Barkley NBA Superstars (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJuINS6WZyA)

Lebron23
02-05-2016, 06:01 AM
he's just a man like you or I. quit putting him on a pedestal because you sound like a vag

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2016, 06:18 AM
Kids dont get it.

This guy is a heavy Barkley fan

Malone is better than the round one.

swagga
02-05-2016, 06:36 AM
espn has barkley higher on their list than david robinson. imo that is ludicrous

ESPN don't like defense and teamplay.
also before people jump on robinson for his rings with duncan just remember
barkley-erving-moses-cheeks for multiple years
olajuwon-drexler-barkley
barkley-ainge-kevin jonson-majerle - barkley- chambers-ceballos
talk about stacked.

Barkley had a lot more help, plus he was a clown so the media loved him and people remember him for his offensive dominance not for his lack of professionalism (fighting with teammates :facepalm, missing practice) and colluding ass and kevin love level defense.

In before CHARLES BARKLEY stats

swagga
02-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Kids dont get it.

defense

Finger Roll
02-05-2016, 06:41 AM
ESPN don't like defense and teamplay.
also before people jump on robinson for his rings with duncan just remember
barkley-erving-moses-cheeks for multiple years
olajuwon-drexler-barkley
barkley-ainge-kevin jonson-majerle - barkley- chambers-ceballos
talk about stacked.

Barkley had a lot more help, plus he was a clown so the media loved him and people remember him for his offensive dominance not for his lack of professionalism (fighting with teammates :facepalm, missing practice) and colluding ass and kevin love level defense.

In before CHARLES BARKLEY stats

Very true. Robinson just came in and got it done like a dude on shift work who never asked for anything or expected praise. Laid the foundation for the team the Spurs still are today.