PDA

View Full Version : Better finishers on the fast break--MJ & Pip or Bron & Wade?

sportjames23
02-05-2016, 02:19 AM
Which duo is more than likely to score on a 2-on-1 or 2-on-2 fast break?

dubeta
02-05-2016, 02:21 AM
According to Madonna

1a Pippen

1b LeBron

3. Wade

4. jordan

Bankaii
02-05-2016, 02:36 AM
I'm pretty sure you've already made this thread before.
If you don't have a topic, just don't fkn post.

Lebron and Wade tho. Wade is a great slasher and prime Lebron is arguably the GOAT one man fast break scorer.

Micku
02-05-2016, 02:40 AM
I would assume Wade and LBJ. LBJ might be the GOAT finisher, and Wade is up there too. Especially in 2013. They were so in sync at that time. When Wade was healthy, they were dangerous. They both shot above 70% at the rim that year. Most of that stuff is fastbreaks/cherry picking. But if you get them running, then there was no stopping them. Like seriously.

We don't have the stats for Pippen and MJ. They were great as well from the games that I seen, but I dunno if they were better than LBJ and Wade. But this is eye test talking. They might've been just as good or better in the regular season.

But anyway, 2013 Wade and LBJ was the best in the open court or in 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 situations to me. Unstoppable when Wade was healthy. I think both LBJ and Wade shot 60% for an entire month. Most of that stuff was fastbreaks or and cherry picking. Amazing.

Straight_Ballin
02-05-2016, 02:40 AM
We talking 2010-2014 Wade?
Pippen and MJ. They were just too dominant in the open court and it's backed by the fact that 6/6 is > 2/4.

GrapeApe
02-05-2016, 03:51 AM
Pippen and MJ. They were just too dominant in the open court and it's backed by the fact that 6/6 is > 2/4.

Yeah, my guess is we're talking about the years that Wade and Lebron, ya know, like, played together. Just an assumption.

As great as MJ and Pippen were, 2011-2013 Wade and Lebron is the most deadly fast break duo ever. Along with being explosive in the open court and amazing finishers individually, their chemistry and passing was just unreal. They were 100% in tune with each other. That is what sets them apart imo. They routinely made lob connections that are normally reserved for all-star games. Playground stuff, and they made it look easy. As another poster alluded to, their chemistry peaked during the win streak in 2013. They made more fast break lob connections during that stretch than most duos make in a career. It was a thing of beauty.

SouBeachTalents
02-05-2016, 04:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjYzL6Dw2LA

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Bawkish
02-05-2016, 04:12 AM
Lebron/Wade - better fastbreak finishers

MJ/Pip - best half/full court pressers

robby712
02-05-2016, 04:27 AM
As a Heat fan, I can't wait for the All Star Game. I'm sure we'll see a couple of plays :bowdown:

GrapeApe
02-05-2016, 05:05 AM
As a Heat fan, I can't wait for the All Star Game. I'm sure we'll see a couple of plays :bowdown:

Even though it's only an exhibition it will be fun to see them playing together again. I bet the chemistry is still there. We'll also probably see Bosh on the court with them at some point for a Heatles reunion.

jstern
02-05-2016, 05:14 AM
This one goes to Lebron and Wade.

3ball
02-05-2016, 06:01 AM
This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball - in halfcourt, or transition.

MJ/Pippen played FAR better together - it's not even close.. Their goat chemistry resulted in 6/6, and they didn't have a 3rd option like 10-time all-star Chris Bosh.. Without this kind of supporting talent, their games had to foster far superior chemistry to yield the same production from lesser-talented teammates.

In contrast to MJ/Pippen's goat chemistry, it's a well-documented, statistical fact that the Heat were a worse team when Lebron and Wade were on the court together, rather than just one of them.

You guys should go back and watch some MJ/Pippen footage to refresh your memory - and if you do, understand you're watching THE difference between 2/4 and 6/6 - I hope you can see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOsRrvpnGc&t=1m10s

GrapeApe
02-05-2016, 06:10 AM
This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball.

MJ/Pippen played FAR better together - it's not even close.. Their goat chemistry resulted in 6/6, and they didn't have a 3rd option like 10-time all-star Chris Bosh.. Without this kind of supporting talent, their games had to foster far superior chemistry to yield the same production from lesser-talented teammates.

In contrast to MJ/Pippen's goat chemistry, it's a well-documented, statistical fact that the Heat were a worse team when Lebron and Wade were on the court together, rather than just one of them.

You guys should go back and watch some MJ/Pippen footage to refresh your memory - and if you do, understand you're watching THE difference between 2/4 and 6/6 - I hope you can see it:

What does any of that have to do with the topic? Their finals record, Chris Bosh, etc..... is completely irrelevant to this thread. This thread is about fast breaks and you didn't mention it once in your post.

And btw, your comment about the Heat being better with only one of Wade or Lebron on the court is patently false and a flat out lie. There were some exceptions, but the Heat played their best basketball (the streak is one example) when both were on the court. Their defense in particular was MUCH better. Stop making shit up.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Quite obviously Wade and LeBron. Didn't the dumbass OP make a similar thread earlier?

Spurs5Rings2014
02-05-2016, 06:11 AM
This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball - in halfcourt, or transition.

I like you defending Pippen and stanning for MJ/Pip both equally rather than just MJ. I know this won't last, but I'd just like share this moment in time forever.

:cry:

sportjames23
02-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Quite obviously Wade and LeBron. Didn't the dumbass OP make a similar thread earlier?

And here your dumbass is participating again.

aj1987
02-05-2016, 06:27 AM
And here your dumbass is participating again.
Mainly to point out that you're a dumbass. :cheers:

dubeta
02-05-2016, 06:28 AM

smalljames ethered :roll:

PP34Deuce
02-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I grew up in Chicago watching Jordan and Pip but on a fast break....

Bron and Wade easily struck more fear on a fast break.

Pippen used to trail on a 3 pointer which made created versatile fast break opportunities but Bron and Wade were next level.

How do you defend full court alley oops?
Bron is faster than Pippen and Wade compares to Jordan in agility...

aj1987
02-05-2016, 09:30 AM
smalljames ethered :roll:
Aww... Wasn't his big enough for you, beta?

lilandywiggins
02-05-2016, 09:32 AM
This might be one of the few things LeBron/Wade have slightly over MJ/Pippen.

Dresta
02-05-2016, 01:14 PM
I grew up in Chicago watching Jordan and Pip but on a fast break....

Bron and Wade easily struck more fear on a fast break.

Pippen used to trail on a 3 pointer which made created versatile fast break opportunities but Bron and Wade were next level.

How do you defend full court alley oops?
Bron is faster than Pippen and Wade compares to Jordan in agility...
This.

tmacattack33
02-05-2016, 02:09 PM
1. Lebron
2. MJ tied with Pippen
3. Wade

Lebron can score at a fastbreak just as well as MJ if not better, and can pass it up to his teammate running along with him just as well than Pippen.

riseagainst
02-05-2016, 03:06 PM
easily Wade and Lebron.

ShawkFactory
02-05-2016, 03:59 PM
I didn't get to see much MJ/Pip but it would be very difficult for me to imagine a duo being better on the break than Bron and Wade.

Two of the best passers and finishers your going to see. And both of them had insanely good BBIQs. Absolutely deadly for these types of situations.

97 bulls
02-05-2016, 05:02 PM
It's definitely Jordan and Pippen. How many seven footers has James dunked on? Lol. Alley oops......

JohnMax
02-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Lebron is the GOAT fastbreak player.

TheMan
02-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Fastbreak finishers ranking...

1 Jordan
2 James
3 Pippen
4 Wade

1 and 3 > 2 and 4

It would probably go to James/Wade if we're talking about 06 Wade but this was older Wade and he disappeared in too many playoffs games because he couldn't stay healthy...

dubeta
02-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Fastbreak finishers ranking...

1 Jordan
2 James
3 Pippen
4 Wade

1 and 3 > 2 and 4

It would probably go to James/Wade if we're talking about 06 Wade but this was older Wade and he disappeared in too many playoffs games because he couldn't stay healthy...

How the hell is Jordan ahead of LeBron? :roll:

Leave the discussion for the big boys

97 bulls
02-05-2016, 08:46 PM
How are you guys missing this? The question is who was the better FINISHER in the fastbreak? There's no way James and Wade are better than Pippen and Jordan. Who has James posterized? Some 5'11 journeyman? Come on. Pippen and Jordan were yachting on legit shot blocking 7 footers. And what's with this passing nonsense?

Fire Colangelo
02-05-2016, 10:05 PM
How are you guys missing this? The question is who was the better FINISHER in the fastbreak? There's no way James and Wade are better than Pippen and Jordan. Who has James posterized? Some 5'11 journeyman? Come on. Pippen and Jordan were yachting on legit shot blocking 7 footers. And what's with this passing nonsense?

Dunking = Finishing?

Layups around the rim also counts for 2 points the last time I checked.

Wade shot 54% on 2 pointers from 2011-2014 which is pretty close to what MJ did from 1990-1993. We all know MJ is the more efficient midrange shooter, wouldn't that automatically mean Wade was more efficient around the basket?

LeBron had seasons when he shot 60%+ on 2 pointers, again obviously MJ is the better midrange shooter, wouldn't that automatically mean LeBron is the better finisher around the basket?

If MJ is a better midrange shooter AND a better finisher, then why does LeBron shoot a higher %?

Even if he cherrypicks sometimes, it does NOT make up for a whole 10% of efficiency.

97 bulls
02-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Dunking = Finishing?

Layups around the rim also counts for 2 points the last time I checked.

Wade shot 54% on 2 pointers from 2011-2014 which is pretty close to what MJ did from 1990-1993. We all know MJ is the more efficient midrange shooter, wouldn't that automatically mean Wade was more efficient around the basket?

LeBron had seasons when he shot 60%+ on 2 pointers, again obviously MJ is the better midrange shooter, wouldn't that automatically mean LeBron is the better finisher around the basket?

If MJ is a better midrange shooter AND a better finisher, then why does LeBron shoot a higher %?

Even if he cherrypicks sometimes, it does NOT make up for a whole 10% of efficiency.
Dude. The question is fastbreak finisher. Who couldn't finish and open layup? Do you not know what this means? What a fastbreak is???? We got guys talking about taking jumpshots, passing. Perimeter percentage? ???? W-T-F?

Fire Colangelo
02-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Dude. The question is fastbreak finisher. Who couldn't finish and open layup? Do you not know what this means? What a fastbreak is???? We got guys talking about taking jumpshots, passing. Perimeter percentage? ???? W-T-F?

Are you retarded?

Fastbreaks aren't all about posterizing somebody, which is what you posted in your last post. LeBron and Wade are more deadly in transition because they shoot a higher percentage around the rim. Simple as that.

Papaya Petee
02-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Are you retarded?

Fastbreaks aren't all about posterizing somebody, which is what you posted in your last post. LeBron and Wade are more deadly in transition because they shoot a higher percentage around the rim. Simple as that.
That guy is mental. No point man.
Wade and Lebron on fastbreaks were legendary.

I think it was the 2013 Christmas game vs Lakers. Look at the 2 allys Wade to Lebron. Godly. Or the indiana 90 foot pass

Smoke117
02-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Are you retarded?

And how do you know that? Those numbers weren't kept till the early 2000s...whatever anybody wants to say about Pippen...he was one of the best finishers ever...and on the break? Pretty much unstoppable. All of these guys are great on the fast break and finishing in general...the two best would probably be Lebron and Scottie as they had the most power. (lebron by far the most and the best athleticism) Scottie used his length a lot to finish too and loved the figer roll...there's a play where he gets the ball at half court and does one dribble before he starts his lay up.

f0und
02-05-2016, 11:43 PM
i grew up watching the bulls and the mj/pip duo are clearly the better overall duo. but when it comes to transition basketball, its just as clear that wade/bron are better.

97 bulls
02-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Are you retarded?

What does overall finishing around the rim have to do with fastbreak finishing? The question centers around one particular aspect. FINISHING in transition. Not in a half court set or passing or taking jumpshots as a whole. My goodness you people need to get your basketball vernacular straight. It's just like people calling the best player on the team the "number one option".

hateraid
02-06-2016, 12:33 AM
In all honesty Lebron has a case all by himself. There are 2 players you don't want to stand in front of on a fast break when they are at top speed. Barkley, and Lebron. Add Wade trailing and you got the best fast break duo outside Magic and Worthy ( a different style of fast break)
If you are talk about posterizing them give it to Jordan and Pippen. They do that in half court. But fast breaking you can't deny Lebron is the second scariest player to stand in front of all time.

jstern
02-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Here's a Lebron Wade Alley Oop Mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjYzL6Dw2LA

Here's Jordan and Pippen with teh Gold Dust theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZAp9xDzTA

Dresta
02-06-2016, 04:08 AM
It's definitely Jordan and Pippen. How many seven footers has James dunked on? Lol. Alley oops......
Can't you read? How are full court fastbreak alley-oops not a part of 'finishing on the fast break' - dunking on 7 footers is not that only means of 'finishing on the fast-break.'

God damn man: you always seem to read and see only what you want, and ignore what's rights in front of your face

diamenz
02-06-2016, 09:21 AM
im prob biased but i'm going with mj & pipp. their fast break iq were something else and they just knew how to make it work.

97 bulls
02-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Can't you read? How are full court fastbreak alley-oops not a part of 'finishing on the fast break' - dunking on 7 footers is not that only means of 'finishing on the fast-break.'

God damn man: you always seem to read and see only what you want, and ignore what's rights in front of your face
I did read it. The poster asked who the best fastbreak finisher was. Alley-oops are not the end all be all. I feel dunking on guys is more impressive.

tmacattack33
02-06-2016, 01:50 PM

I'm pretty sure in basketball it is legal for Lebron to pass it to Wade and vice versa.

And LOL at Lebron not posterizing people...he just posterized some big from Charlotte and he didn't even break a sweat.

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2016, 04:52 PM
And how do you know that? Those numbers weren't kept till the early 2000s...whatever anybody wants to say about Pippen...he was one of the best finishers ever...and on the break? Pretty much unstoppable. All of these guys are great on the fast break and finishing in general...the two best would probably be Lebron and Scottie as they had the most power. (lebron by far the most and the best athleticism) Scottie used his length a lot to finish too and loved the figer roll...there's a play where he gets the ball at half court and does one dribble before he starts his lay up.

This is a Wade + Lebron vs Jordan + Pipprn thread... I'd much rather have LeBron and Wade on the break than Jordan and Pippen... That's all.

I know Pippen is a great finisher btw, but I rather have Wade and Lebron as the passer and receiver.

Fire Colangelo
02-06-2016, 04:55 PM
What does overall finishing around the rim have to do with fastbreak finishing? The question centers around one particular aspect. FINISHING in transition. Not in a half court set or passing or taking jumpshots as a whole. My goodness you people need to get your basketball vernacular straight. It's just like people calling the best player on the team the "number one option".

So are you saying LeBron and Wade are better finishers in the half court?

They're definitely not better mid range shooters than MJ.

And now they're not better at fast breaks.

They have to be better at something for them to have the same if not better 2pt field goal %, no?

GrapeApe
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM

They have to be better at something for them to have the same if not better 2pt field goal %, no?

But Wade and Lebron never dunked over Patrick Ewing.

Seriously though, I'd love to hear his response to this. MJ and Pippen are the greatest duo ever, the hardware speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean they were the best at everything. Wade and Lebron took open court play to a new level.

Dresta
02-06-2016, 05:35 PM

:confusedshrug:

Nah, tis some magical voodoo shit that makes Pippen and Jordan the absolute bestest and absolutely everything.

SugarHill
02-06-2016, 06:33 PM
:confusedshrug:

Nah, tis some magical voodoo shit that makes Pippen and Jordan the absolute bestest and absolutely everything.
:oldlol:

ShawkFactory
02-06-2016, 06:38 PM
When is yamming on 7 footers a thing on a fast break? Usually they're the last ones back..

97 bulls
02-06-2016, 06:40 PM
They're both better slashes than Pippen. But not Jordan . And a lot of their success (James and Wade) had to do with the rule changes. Which I'm sure you will conviently forget.

No they're not.

Not in my opinion. No

The offense that they played in was more conducive to them having a higher 2pt percentage. They cherry picked a lot and they both admitted to protecting their FG%.

James and Wade were definitely better at alley-oops.

hateraid
02-06-2016, 06:55 PM
They're both better slashes than Pippen. But not Jordan . And a lot of their success (James and Wade) had to do with the rule changes. Which I'm sure you will conviently forget.

No they're not.

Not in my opinion. No

The offense that they played in was more conducive to them having a higher 2pt percentage. They cherry picked a lot and they both admitted to protecting their FG%.

You also think both players are taller than Lebron and shorter than Wade if it fit your agenda. So your opinion don't matter. You still don't understand the concept of this thread

97 bulls
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
You also think both players are taller than Lebron and shorter than Wade if it fit your agenda. So your opinion don't matter. You still don't understand the concept of this thread
What is the concept?

GrapeApe
02-06-2016, 07:37 PM

What does that even mean? Are you saying their outstanding 2pt% was a result of Spo's genius system? Are you freaking kidding me?

They've never "admitted to protecting their fg%". That's a complete myth perpetuated by fans. First of all, they were high volume scorers so it doesn't even make sense. It's not as if they were taking an inordinately low amount of fg attempts. They talked about valuing efficiency. They talked about working to get the highest % shot.

Second of all, 3 pointers are the lowest % shot and we're only talking about 2pt%. It's nearly impossible to protect only your 2pt%. Wade and Lebron were criticized for not wanting to take full court heaves at the end of quarters (which they corrected and started taking). That's the only valid argument for them protecting their fg%, and those are 3pt attempts and irrelevant to the discussion.

97 bulls
02-06-2016, 09:23 PM
What does that even mean? Are you saying their outstanding 2pt% was a result of Spo's genius system? Are you freaking kidding me?
No. I'm saying that they RAN. Which nets easier opportunities for easy buckets transition buckets at the rim. They cherry picked a lot as well. The Bulls ran the triangle. Mainly to help the team get open shots.

They've never "admitted to protecting their fg%". That's a complete myth perpetuated by fans. First of all, they were high volume scorers so it doesn't even make sense. It's not as if they were taking an inordinately low amount of fg attempts. They talked about valuing efficiency. They talked about working to get the highest % shot.

Second of all, 3 pointers are the lowest % shot and we're only talking about 2pt%. It's nearly impossible to protect only your 2pt%. Wade and Lebron were criticized for not wanting to take full court heaves at the end of quarters (which they corrected and started taking). That's the only valid argument for them protecting their fg%, and those are 3pt attempts and irrelevant to the discussion.
They weren't protecting their FG% but by your own admonition, changed due to an accusation of them protecting their FG%. Sounds like they felt the accusation was valid.
Either way. We shouldn't base their ability to finish fastbreaks on two pt percenatges.

GrapeApe
02-06-2016, 10:41 PM
We shouldn't base their ability to finish fastbreaks on two pt percenatges.

Not entirely, but it's a tangible stat. The thread topic is of course an opinion and there's no way to 100% prove either stance, but 2pt% is quantifiable evidence that supports the argument of Wade and Lebron getting easier buckets. Does that necessarily mean they were better in transition? No, but it's a valid base on which to form an argument. Having a higher 2pt% correlates favorably to being more effective in transition.

I'm just having a hard time understanding why MJ and Pippen were better. Wade and Lebron were just as quick, athletic, explosive, and statistically as good or better finishing at the rim. It seems logical that if all else is equal you give the edge to the duo that has tangible statistical evidence on their side. You even acknowledged Wade and Lebron were better at connecting on lobs. That's not just a highlight reel thing, it's added dimension of open court effectiveness.

I know I'm not going to change your opinion, which is fine, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. All bias aside, If I truly felt MJ and Pippen were better I'd have no problem admitting it.

97 bulls
02-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Not entirely, but it's a tangible stat. The thread topic is of course an opinion and there's no way to 100% prove either stance, but 2pt% is quantifiable evidence that supports the argument of Wade and Lebron getting easier buckets. Does that necessarily mean they were better in transition? No, but it's a valid base on which to form an argument. Having a higher 2pt% correlates favorably to being more effective in transition.

I'm just having a hard time understanding why MJ and Pippen were better. Wade and Lebron were just as quick, athletic, explosive, and statistically as good or better finishing at the rim. It seems logical that if all else is equal you give the edge to the duo that has tangible statistical evidence on their side. You even acknowledged Wade and Lebron were better at connecting on lobs. That's not just a highlight reel thing, it's added dimension of open court effectiveness.

I know I'm not going to change your opinion, which is fine, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. All bias aside, If I truly felt MJ and Pippen were better I'd have no problem admitting it.
Thats fair. I think my bias got in the way this time. There isnt a right or wrong way to pick between these two duos under this scenario.

GrapeApe
02-06-2016, 10:59 PM
Thats fair. I think my bias got in the way this time. There isnt a right or wrong way to pick between these two duos under this scenario.

Yeah, it's splitting hairs either way. It's not like there's a clear cut answer. The only thing that's clear cut is they are the best transition duos ever.

Jasper
02-07-2016, 01:07 PM
mj and Pip hands down. They took no prisoners - EVER.

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 02:00 PM
MJ and Pip. And then LeBron and Wade. Two best ever.

andgar923
02-07-2016, 02:55 PM
MJ and Pippen

Not because they were better dunkers, but because they simply made better decisions which led to better efficiency.

Wade and Bron tried too hard in making highlight plays, and it cost them at times.

MJ and Pippen put efficiency before style.

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 03:11 PM
MJ and Pippen

Not because they were better dunkers, but because they simply made better decisions which led to better efficiency.

Wade and Bron tried too hard in making highlight plays, and it cost them at times.

You're acting like MJ and Pippen didn't have style or flair? LeBron and Wade we're more exciting off the alley oops and touch passes. But Jordan's creativity individually both with power and grace trumps all three from an entertainment perspective.

AirFederer
02-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I'd say it's very very close....
If I have to pick I'd might go for Wade/Bron, since both are better scorers than Pip... But it's really a draw.

ShawkFactory
02-07-2016, 07:22 PM
You're acting like MJ and Pippen didn't have style or flair? LeBron and Wade we're more exciting off the alley oops and touch passes. But Jordan's creativity individually both with power and grace trumps all three from an entertainment perspective.
So they were more effective? Tough to believe man.

Bron and Wade weren't just flashy. They were dominant in the open court. Like the hulk fighting regular people without guns.

Wades grace and lebrons power was unstoppable. And they both were faster than everyone on the court pretty much every time.

ShawkFactory
02-07-2016, 07:24 PM
MJ and Pippen

Can you back any of this up? That it costed them at times?

Were lebron and Wade dummies who were just athletic?

Holy shit.

Fire Colangelo
02-07-2016, 08:57 PM

No they're not.

Not in my opinion. No

So let me sum this up....

Jordan is a better slasher, midrange shooter, fastbreak finisher... yet he has the same 2pt FG% as Wade and lower 2pt FG% than LeBron.

And your only reason for that is Spo's genius offensive system (lol) and cherry picking.

We're talking about 25+ PPG scorers.... not Deandre Jordan. No amounts of cherry picking will net you 60%FG unless you were REALLY good at something.

andgar923
02-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Can you back any of this up? That it costed them at times?

Were lebron and Wade dummies who were just athletic?

Holy shit.
I don't have any stats, but I've seen them mess up a number of plays. Either by missing, turning the ball over or getting fouled as a result of poor spacing/decision making.

To top it of Bron is an awkward jumper and Wade can't go to his right.

Odinn
02-07-2016, 09:48 PM
I don't think there's much to discuss. James and Wade, both are among the greatest finishers, and can be compared to Jordan on this particular aspect.

ShawkFactory
02-07-2016, 10:07 PM
I don't have any stats, but I've seen them mess up a number of plays. Either by missing, turning the ball over or getting fouled as a result of poor spacing/decision making.

To top it of Bron is an awkward jumper and Wade can't go to his right.
And all of that plays a HUGE part when they're runing in transition?

Also Wade not bring able to go right is s joke

andgar923
02-07-2016, 10:51 PM
And all of that plays a HUGE part when they're runing in transition?

Also Wade not bring able to go right is s joke
It plays a part when compared to MJ and Pip.

it is a joke that Wade after all these years can't go right, I agree.

Bottom line as exciting as Wade and Bron were, they aren't as good at finishing as MJ and Pip.

97 bulls
02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
So let me sum this up....

Jordan is a better slasher, midrange shooter, fastbreak finisher... yet he has the same 2pt FG% as Wade and lower 2pt FG% than LeBron.

And your only reason for that is Spo's genius offensive system (lol) and cherry picking.

We're talking about 25+ PPG scorers.... not Deandre Jordan. No amounts of cherry picking will net you 60%FG unless you were REALLY good at something.
It doesn't take much. One or two transition buckets are HUGE!!!!! One shot is the difference between being 10/20 50% and 9/20 45%. The Heat (in particular Wade and James) were good for at least three easy buckets a night due to cherry picking. It just shows how how much people actually know about basketball. I remember a game in which Lebron James was playing the Buck and he may have went 6/11. And the guy that was guarding him said he did a good job on him. Then people on ISH quickly went to James FG% to show that the guy was wrong. First, he only took 11 shots. I believe 4 of his six makes were on fastbreaks. Which means that outside of those easy transition buckets, he was 2/7. Most of the posters that frequent this site don't know basketball. Plain and simple. You my friend, are included.

ShawkFactory
02-07-2016, 11:03 PM

Bottom line as exciting as Wade and Bron were, they aren't as good at finishing as MJ and Pip.
In the half court maybe I'd agree with you.

When it comes to them running in transition?

You are one of three people that says MJ/pip.

And all three of you are MJ d!ck riders. That's telling. Especially since there's people who have watched both that pretty clearly say Bron/Wade.

I know the impact he had...but really it's ok that he isn't the best at literally everything ever.

I feel like if there was a question posed asking who is a better duo between MJ and Kendrick Perkins on the fast break between Bron/Wade....the answer wouldn't change as long as MJ is involved.

And I totally get it. But come on now

ShawkFactory
02-08-2016, 12:04 AM

The thing is though..my he numbers don't back you up.

And the testimony of relatively impartial people doesn't back you up either.

tpols
02-08-2016, 12:39 AM
the main thing wade and bron were good for was fastbreaks.. stats show they were better off w/o one another as their time went on. Their defense --> fastbreaking/cherrypickin was a much bigger part of what made them great.