PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Greatest Games: 38 Points, 21 Rebounds vs Cavs (1990 ECR1 G1)

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 01:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUWn3jk3Mo

:applause:

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Not as good as Karl Malone

89-90 Malone > Any Barkley, ever

31 points on 19 shots

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 01:41 PM
:no:

feyki
02-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Real mvp of 1990 :applause: .

Barkley was basketball version of El Fenomeno in his prime . He looks like beast :bowdown: .

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 02:01 PM

Barkley was basketball version of El Fenomeno in his prime . He looks like beast :bowdown: .

tmacattack33
02-06-2016, 02:54 PM
I love his handles for a PF. We need someone like that in today's game.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 02:59 PM

Jordan should have been MVP in 1989 and 1990. He was undoubtedly the best, most complete player in the league and he was putting up enormous stats. In 1990 his team won more games and got further into the post season than Barkley. Pippen and Grant were still very raw in 1990, yet he was within a game of going to the NBA finals.

feyki
02-06-2016, 04:00 PM
AngelEyes ;

Mvp is team based award . Jordan hadn't good teams until 1990 . 1990 mvp voting is debatable . Jordan,Barkley,Magic , all have case for that award .

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Jordan and Magic had way better supporting casts than Barkley. Sir Charles was by far the 1990 MVP.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Jordan and Magic had way better supporting casts than Barkley. Sir Charles was by far the 1990 MVP.

Scottie and Grant were still underdeveloped. Plus Michael was just flat out better than Barkley. He was dominant everywhere, offense and defense. Barkley maybe should have finished 2nd or 3rd, probably 2nd right behind Jordan. Anybody claiming that Barkley was more valuable in any way than Jordan is just dreaming.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 07:20 PM

By far the MVP? What a joke. Scottie nor grant was a finished product and Armstrong was only in his second year. Cartwright was still being acclimated to the offense. Jordan also had to deal with a coaching change and change in offensive philosophy. Despite this he put up better numbers than Charles, was the far better all around player between the two, his team won more games and he beat him in the playoffs.

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Stop the nonsense! both Grant and Pippen where much better than any of Chucks teamates at that point :rolleyes: . Infact, Pippen was an all star that year and Grant was growing into one of the best defensive pfs. Charles had more 1st place votes aswell.

Smoke117
02-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Stop the nonsense! both Grant and Pippen where much better than any of Chucks teamates at that point :rolleyes: . Infact, Pippen was an all star that year and Grant was growing into one of the best defensive pfs. Charles had more 1st place votes aswell.

Seriously...Pippen wasn't "raw" anymore as that Jordan stan is wont to say and way better than anybody on Philly that Chuck had in the 90 season.

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Seriously...Pippen wasn't "raw" anymore as that Jordan stan is wont to say and way better than anybody on Philly that Chuck had in the 90 season.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Dude I love Chuck and I am not a Jordan stan. I meant that they were raw in the sense of what they would ultimately become. I understand that Pippen was a reserve in the all star game that year, he was very good. The Bulls definitely had a better supporting cast but I don't think Chuck deserved it just because hie had a dominant year and had worse teammates than MJ. Jordan was clearly better than Chuck and Magic in 1990.

Round Mound
02-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Dude I love Chuck and I am not a Jordan stan. I meant that they were raw in the sense of what they would ultimately become. I understand that Pippen was a reserve in the all star game that year, he was very good. The Bulls definitely had a better supporting cast but I don't think Chuck deserved it just because hie had a dominant year and had worse teammates than MJ. Jordan was clearly better than Chuck and Magic in 1990.

Nobody is saying Chuck is better than Jordan: he just deserved the 1990 MVP that all. It should be wins, plus, taking into account the level of teamates each player has.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Nobody is saying Chuck is better than Jordan: he just deserved the 1990 MVP that all. It should be wins, plus, taking into account the level of teamates each player has.

Jordan's team didn't win enough games along with his dominance for him to win MVP? you make a good argument for Barkley and I think he would have been a deserving MVP that year. I will say though that I think Jordan was robbed in 1989. Pippen and Grant were definitely raw that year and dragged them to game 6 of the conference finals.

Round Mound
02-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Jordan's team didn't win enough games along with his dominance for him to win MVP? you make a good argument for Barkley and I think he would have been a deserving MVP that year. I will say though that I think Jordan was robbed in 1989. Pippen and Grant were definitely raw that year and dragged them to game 6 of the conference finals.

They did but Pippen and Grant where better players than Chucks supporting casts thats indeniable (Pippen was an All Star and Grant a very good defender). True i agree, if the MVP was designed by wins plus level-of-teamates then Jordan would have won more MVPs (prior to Pippen and Grant) and so should Hakeem (1988 unwards). Agree with your point there.

Dragonyeuw
02-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Not as good as Karl Malone

89-90 Malone > Any Barkley, ever

31 points on 19 shots

Barkley 25ppg on 14.9 shots,66 ts%, next leading scorer 18.5ppg, all 5 starters scoring in double figures

Malone 31ppg on 19.8 shots, 62.6 ts%, next leading scorer Stockton 17.2 ppg, 2 starters scoring in single digits

PHILA
02-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Barkley at the rim may have been the most potent offensive weapon of all time. Especially considering he was shooting over 80% FG in that area, with an incredible foul drawing rate & relentless work on the boards.

Round Mound
02-07-2016, 12:47 AM
Barkley at the rim may have been the most potent offensive weapon of all time. Especially considering he was shooting over 80% FG in that area, with an incredible foul drawing rate & relentless work on the boards.

AngelEyes
02-07-2016, 12:48 AM

He was like a football player playing basketball. So physical and intense.