PDA

View Full Version : NBA announces JR Smith was incorrectly called for a foul in final 5 seconds

Gus Hemmingway
02-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Was one of the worst officiating games seen in quite a while on both sides.

imnew09
02-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Lebron choked for bricking fts and 3s

Fken choker

WorldWarriors
02-06-2016, 05:45 PM
JR vindicated.

navy
02-06-2016, 05:49 PM
If you watch Cavs games you'll notice that the refs hate Jr smith. He gets called for breathing on people.

I promise you he will get ticky tacky fouls in tonights game.

Dr Hawk
02-06-2016, 05:52 PM
LEbron James: 12/17 FT .706%

Could hit .90% if he wanted to though

GrapeApe
02-06-2016, 06:04 PM
If you watch Cavs games you'll notice that the refs hate Jr smith. He gets called for breathing on people.

I've actually noticed the same thing with Gerald Green. It may be a subconscious thing, but I think officials are harder on players who have a reputation for being stupid.

bluechox2
02-06-2016, 06:36 PM
this has to be an nba record this year for how many times they had to come out and clean up the referee's pussay

Adam Silver
02-06-2016, 06:55 PM

I have given my refs the green light to blow their whistles whenever they feel like it.

Hittin_Shots
02-06-2016, 07:54 PM
The hip check while Turner did a lay up? How bout they announce all the bs LeBron got away with.

Bond007
02-06-2016, 08:02 PM
The hip check while Turner did a lay up? How bout they announce all the bs LeBron got away with.

lebron has gotten away with so many offensive fouls its sad.

Adam Silver
02-07-2016, 05:11 AM
lebron has gotten away with so many offensive fouls its sad.
It keeps him marketable for the league.

Derka
02-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Worthless. I don't see any apologies for the countless offensive foul Lebron commits every game.

It was a ticky-tack call on JR, but he did bump him slightly and ET felt it and sold it. Celts have burned by stuff like that before too; everyone has.

Adam Silver
02-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Worthless. I don't see any apologies for the countless offensive foul Lebron commits every game.

It was a ticky-tack call on JR, but he did bump him slightly and ET felt it and sold it. Celts have burned by stuff like that before too; everyone has.
Again, we have to protect LeBron for financial gains. JR does not help with the bottom line.

smoovegittar
02-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I've actually noticed the same thing with Gerald Green. It may be a subconscious thing, but I think officials are harder on players who have a reputation for being stupid.

They sure have an agenda with complainers. Melo hardly ever gets a deserved call.

sd3035
02-07-2016, 05:44 PM
no comment on the horrible officiating in favor of Lebald? :lol

2swift4u
02-08-2016, 03:35 AM

this. I mean he's really comitted some incredible stupid fouls over the last years late in games and made himself a reputation for that but this guy really gets called for fouls for everything he does. That call late in the Boston game was not a foul. If that had been a foul than refs could call a houndred fouls every game.

Adam Silver
02-08-2016, 01:56 PM
this. I mean he's really comitted some incredible stupid fouls over the last years late in games and made himself a reputation for that but this guy really gets called for fouls for everything he does. That call late in the Boston game was not a foul. If that had been a foul than refs could call a houndred fouls every game.
You guys are getting too used to what I allow LeBron to get away with.

Optimus Prime
02-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Now will the NBA go back and apologize for all the phantom fouls against players guarding LeBeta or all the non-calls when Bran clearly commits a foul?

No? The NBA will only go out of its way to protect BabyBran at all costs?

Ok then.

:kobe:

sd3035
02-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Now will the NBA go back and apologize for all the phantom fouls against players guarding LeBeta or all the non-calls when Bran clearly commits a foul?

Ok then.

They have a lot invested in Lebald, business first

Akhenaten
02-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Should have just let him go by and get the basket, Cavs were up 4 with less than 4 secss left, JR Smith is a moron.

Coincidentally the moron on my team (Gerald Green) almost gave our game away by fouling a 3 point shooter up 5 with less than 10 secs left by biting on a pump fake :facepalm .

That was a foul BTW, it's one of those fouls that could easily have been let go but it was a foul, JR dumbass tried to sneak a little bump in..moron.

Adam Silver
02-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Ok then.

Of course not. Stars equal money. I must protect them. I've stated this many times.

WorldWarriors
02-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Of course not. Stars equal money. I must protect them. I've stated this many times.

:oldlol:

Lebronxrings
02-08-2016, 06:23 PM
cavs vs the world.

buddha
02-08-2016, 06:26 PM

if you watch the cavs you'll notice the refs love LeBron and Tristan Thompson. LeBron will be allowed to stiff arm people while Tristan Thompson will get his defender called for over the back fouls which Tristan Thompson instigates by holding his defenders arm and pulling them towards him.

CarlosBoozer
02-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Yo.... hook me up with a team, bruv.

Adam Silver
02-09-2016, 12:27 AM
Yo.... hook me up with a team, bruv.
What do you mean "hook" you up? Like give you a team? Again, this is about money. If you are willing to fork over $4 billion, I am willing to entrap an owner and reveal him as a racist to get that team to you.

sd3035
02-09-2016, 12:45 AM
What do you mean "hook" you up? Like give you a team? Again, this is about money. If you are willing to fork over $4 billion, I am willing to entrap an owner and reveal him as a racist to get that team to you.

:roll:

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 12:57 AM
Hip check? Really?

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/NBA-admits-officials-made-incorrect-call-against-Cavs-JR-Smith-43537428

He didn't even contest the layup.

The reason the NBA had to come out and admit the error isn't because of any bias for the Cavs, but because it was a horrendous call that led directly to a loss. Without that whistle, the game was essentially over. It was a 5-point swing with under 5 seconds left.

The officials couldn't have known the series of events that were to follow and I definitely don't think they had a vendetta against the Cavs (maybe JR though tbh), but for a game to completely swing on a call like that? Someone has to be held accountable.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

sd3035
02-09-2016, 01:18 AM
Hip check? Really?

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/NBA-admits-officials-made-incorrect-call-against-Cavs-JR-Smith-43537428

The reason the NBA had to come out and admit the error isn't because of any bias for the Cavs, but because it was a horrendous call that led directly to a loss. Without that whistle, the game was essentially over. It was a 5-point swing with under 5 seconds left.

The officials couldn't have known the series of events that were to follow and I definitely don't think they had a vendetta against the Cavs (maybe JR though tbh), but for a game to completely swing on a call like that? Someone has to be held accountable.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

Refs gave the Cavs many free points before that

Akhenaten
02-09-2016, 03:24 AM
Hip check? Really?

Yeah, that's precisely what the hip check is for, when you know you're beat and an outright contest of the shot would be an obvious foul. Chauncey Billups was a master at this, Gary Payton too...then if a ref was keen enough to catch the slick shit that's when you hit em with the aghast face while incredulously stating "I let him go"

Its some sneaky stuff, usually a ref will wait to see if the basket is made or not to decide whether they call it or not, typically they let it slide on a make and call it on a miss.