PDA

View Full Version : Can we all admit we were wrong about the post-Big 3/4 Celtics?

DMV2
02-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Ainge is stock piling draft picks, Boston's gonna rebuild for the next 5years - Everyone in summer 2013 after the Garnett/Pierce trade.

Rondo is wasting his career on a rebuilding team, he needs to be on a contender - Everyone after the Celtics went 25-47 during 2013-14 season.

LMAO! Rondo is only worth a bunch of scrubs (Jae, Jameer, Wright) and a couple of late 1st Round and a 2nd round pick now - Me after the Rondo trade

Wait...weren't the Celtics supposed to be rebuilding? - Everyone after the Celtics made the 2015 playoffs.

How good are the Celtics? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397515) - a thread on ISH because Boston is currently 3rd seed.

I'll admit that I was completely wrong about Crowder but like everybody else I was also wrong about the Celtics rebuilding. Ainge is looking like a genius now.

AnaheimLakers24
02-06-2016, 07:00 PM
They should trade for melo. They have plenty assest to make phil want to go for it.

Sportal
02-06-2016, 07:03 PM
I hope Boston manage to get the #1 pick tbh. Would make them very interesting.

AirBonner
02-06-2016, 07:04 PM
They should trade for melo. They have plenty assest to make phil want to go for it.
Why would they waste talent on melo?

Wally450
02-06-2016, 07:16 PM
They're in real good position right now. I thought the process would take much longer but we have a good group of guys and a solid load of picks to build on what we have.

DMV2
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
They're in real good position right now. I thought the process would take much longer but we have a good group of guys and a solid load of picks to build on what we have.
Boston need to do something about their PF-C. Sully, KO, Amir (I guess Zeller too) are all nice but if they can get a legit big for them(+ picks), then they'd have a mean roster.

Thomas-Bradley-Jae is a solid PG-SG-SF core. Add a couple of nice backups, they're set in this area but the PF-C really needs to be worked on.

imdaman99
02-06-2016, 07:28 PM
2 Words: Coach Stevens

Smoke117
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Ainge is stock piling draft picks, Boston's gonna rebuild for the next 5years - Everyone in summer 2013 after the Garnett/Pierce trade.

Rondo is wasting his career on a rebuilding team, he needs to be on a contender - Everyone after the Celtics went 25-47 during 2013-14 season.

LMAO! Rondo is only worth a bunch of scrubs (Jae, Jameer, Wright) and a couple of late 1st Round and a 2nd round pick now - Me after the Rondo trade

Wait...weren't the Celtics supposed to be rebuilding? - Everyone after the Celtics made the 2015 playoffs.

How good are the Celtics? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397515) - a thread on ISH because Boston is currently 3rd seed.

I'll admit that I was completely wrong about Crowder but like everybody else I was also wrong about the Celtics rebuilding. Ainge is looking like a genius now.

You have to run your offense around Rondo too much for that ever to happen. He will never be on a contender again until maybe he's old and a back up pg...no team on the cusp is going to trade for him and completely change their offense for him...we've already seen what a failure that was on the MAVS when he couldn't adapt.

Genaro
02-06-2016, 07:37 PM
It's a superstars league. Cs won't be contenders if they don't land one.

PS: Your avatar is ridiculous.

Smoke117
02-07-2016, 01:13 AM

That's true...look at the Warriors and look at the screens they let the Warriors get away with for Curry and Klay...you think that would ever happen for these players on the Celtics? Of course not...this league (for better or worse) is all about clout and the Celtics players have none.

Black and White
02-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Ainge has done an amazing job. He has built a near perfect launching platform, no need to rush into trading for/signing our "go-to-guy" right now, wait to see what happens with the pick first.

Coach Stevens is by far our most important asset.

Kvnzhangyay
02-07-2016, 02:40 AM

I really believe that the Celtics are one superstar away from contending

Prime_Shaq
02-07-2016, 04:32 AM
Brad fking Stevens.

DMV2
02-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Nobody is calling them contenders, far from it. But to do what they're doing right now is a whole lot better than being bottom-feeders/5year rebuilding team because they were piling up picks to 2020, many were projecting them to be.

And because of where they are right now, wouldn't they be an attractive place for a superstar to come to?

Clifton
02-07-2016, 10:18 AM
I really hope they get Simmons somehow.

That would make a great roster. He'd fit perfectly. Seems like a serious kid.

I still don't buy this team as anything more than something ripe for a blockbuster trade that will make them conference contenders. But that's important to have. The Lakers have failed to do it, the Celtics have succeeded. I think if they nail one big move they could challenge the Cavs.

Bandito
02-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Nobody is calling them contenders, far from it. But to do what they're doing right now is a whole lot better than being bottom-feeders/5year rebuilding team because they were piling up picks to 2020, many were projecting them to be.

And because of where they are right now, wouldn't they be an attractive place for a superstar to come to?
Hope the Lakers follow their rebuilding process and not the 2000's Knicks

JohnnySic
02-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Ainge is a great gm. :applause: He knows what he's doing. The Brooklyn trade may very well go down in history as one of the biggest jackings ever.

Getting Brad Stevens is perhaps Ainge's best move.

JtotheIzzo
02-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Ainge has done an amazing job. He has built a near perfect launching platform, no need to rush into trading for/signing our "go-to-guy" right now, wait to see what happens with the pick first.

Coach Stevens is by far our most important asset.

He is really your only championship asset, everyone else is tradeable.

Thomas is not a championship caliber player, but guys like Bradley, Crowder, Sullinger, Olynyk are all great bench guys for a championship team (well maybe one or two could start as 4th and 5th guys).

Celtics need the Nets pic to land a HUGE fish and they need to get another via trade/free agency, then we can talk about how great a job Danny has done, to this point he has made all the right moves but the hard work is still ahead, and if they sell the farm for a phony alpha like Kevin Love then it was all for nothing.

lilandywiggins
02-07-2016, 12:45 PM
I think the thing is, they don't have any huge names, so they were dismissed. Good team as a whole. Add a legit star, and they would be a beast of a team.

nba_55
02-07-2016, 01:06 PM
They are in good place right now, but they need a superstar, otherwise they'll turn like the Nuggets from a few years ago who had great potential, but didn't get anywhere without that superstar.

tontoz
02-07-2016, 01:11 PM

They were able to land KG years ago because they had quality young players to trade.

Ainge is definitely one of the best GMs.

Derka
02-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Central to everything is Brad Stevens. Any player, I don't care who it is, had better be ready to buy in to what he's selling. Its working: end of story. If you think your personal agenda is bigger than his, I don't want you here. No one wants you here. Been the Garden recently? The seats are full with or without a stud here.

Wyc has been vocal about the fact that we have enough space for two max deals this offseason, but I'm still not sure that "the answer" lies in free agency. Having the money, the coach and some good players around is nice but its still Boston and Boston is still NOT a free agency destination in this league and really never has been.

And as for the draft? Historically, not a place where luck has ever been on our side. We've been burned too many times by the ping pong balls to trust to that.

Its going to come down to trades. I don't think there's anything we can trade for right now that puts us in a position to beat Cleveland or Toronto in a seven-game series this year. Besides, we're all playing for the right to lose to either Golden State or San Antonio right now. Is it worth breaking this team up right now while they're playing like this for that? Unless its another robbery, I don't think so.

I think its gotta be the same way Danny built the KG/Ray/Pierce team: make the big trade that convinces another stud "Oh hey...these cats are serious. I want to be a part of this." I think then we have a shot at putting something together than puts us in the class of the East.

ballup
02-07-2016, 02:25 PM
They'll need a few things to contend.
1) An all star frontcourt player to anchor the offense.
2) An all star wing player who is excellent at creating his shot. They could do a remix of the Mavs with Isaiah as the Jet, but theyd need a supreme cast of role players.
3) Rim protection