PDA

View Full Version : Are the T-Wolves the team of the future?

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 09:13 PM
With a 20 year old Towns and Wiggins it seems inevitable that they will eventually be an elite team if they're able to hold on to them. when was the last time there was a team with two guys this young and this talented? They could potentially be very special.

Lebron23
02-06-2016, 09:16 PM
I smell a Filipino Here.

They need to make the playoffs first before we label them as the team of the future.

See late 1990's, and early 2000's Clippers, and the Current Pelicans.

Cocaine80s
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
I smell a Filipino Here.

They need to make the playoffs first before we label them as the team of the future.

See late 1990's, and early 2000's Clippers, and the Current Pelicans.
:biggums:

I thought you were philipino?

WayOfWade
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
It's a little early, but they are showing a lot of promise. Them and the Jazz seem to be the young teams on the rise, with the Jazz being the better current team but with the Wolves having more potential later on

Cocaine80s
02-06-2016, 09:19 PM
And no, Towns is a future bust while Wiggins is Rudy Gay 1.5

Lebron23
02-06-2016, 09:22 PM
:biggums:

I thought you were philipino?

I'm Talking about the OP, but the clown denied it.

And 2016 Bucks who were also labelled as the team of the future, but they are currently underachieving.

AngelEyes
02-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm Talking about the OP, but the clown denied it.

And 2016 Bucks who were also labelled as the team of the future, but they are currently underachieving.

Wtf are you talking about?

Black and White
02-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Don't forget the Celtics :rockon:

SwishSquared
02-07-2016, 12:04 AM
If they do a good job in the draft, sign the right FAs, and hire a coach like Thibs this team should be in great shape going forward.

JtotheIzzo
02-07-2016, 01:51 AM
And no, Towns is a future bust while Wiggins is Rudy Gay 1.5

The knowledge we have come to expect.:lol

Here is the deal:

Towns and Wiggins are already just below all star levels at their positions (if they handed out honorable mentions they would get them) and they are only 20 years old.

In the next 5 years we will see dramatic skill level drops (due to age) or retirement in the following star players (some already have one foot out the door):

LeBron
Melo
Wade
Dirk
Duncan
Kobe
Ginobili
CP3
Rose
Millsap
Aldridge
Bosh
Parker
Gasol
Gasol
Pierce
JJ
Zach
Harden
Rondo
Lowry
Noah
West
Chandler
Korver
Lopez
Love
Etc...

All the above have been all stars, someone needs to come and fill those shoes.

The whole argument that "they should be all stars now" is a bit off because when guys did so back in '04 there was less of a talent glut, the ASG rosters now are very veteran heavy.

Also, the idiot who compared the Wolves to the Clipps? Really? Odom, Miles ans Richardson is on par with Wiggins and Towns? The f@kk out with that.

These guys are 20, playing huge minutes with a bad coach and a lot of B rate teammates. It will get easier, percentages will go up, averages will go up (Wiggins ppg is up 25% from his rookie season).

One more high pick (someone who can be a top 15pg), the right trade and a real NBA coach and then this team will have a 5 year push to a ring.

Future is bright.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Ya, no doubt. Wiggins and Towns more than likely are the 2 best players from their drafts and both have superstar potential, they are not even old enough to drink but they are already borderline all-stars.

If Towns & Wiggins turn out to be elite players the sky is the limit for the T-Wolves.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Don't forget the Celtics :rockon:

Ainge has done a great job rebuilding that team, they already have their coach for the next 10 years or so and have lots of good young talent. Once they find that superstar they will be title contenders again.

NugzFan
02-07-2016, 02:15 AM
It's a little early, but they are showing a lot of promise. Them and the Jazz seem to be the young teams on the rise, with the Jazz being the better current team but with the Wolves having more potential later on

Jazz are ok but not a team of the future (in the sense of a top team a few years from now). I see them being a borderline playoff team at best for a while. Minnesota can be better than that.

Akrazotile
02-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Thunder once had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. They ended up making one finals and losing it.

It's not as simple as "Towns and Wiggins = Team of the Future!"

The successful teams are usually the ones that are deep and play smart basketball. There's no telling what the players around those 2 will look like in 2-3 years. Nor what other teams in the conference will look like.

Only team in the conference you can really count out going forward is the Lakers, because of how far back Kobe set them. But everyone else is gonna be in the mix. Wolves still have a lot of work to do.

FireDavidKahn
02-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Thunder once had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. They ended up making one finals and losing it.

It's not as simple as "Towns and Wiggins = Team of the Future!"

The successful teams are usually the ones that are deep and play smart basketball. There's no telling what the players around those 2 will look like in 2-3 years. Nor what other teams in the conference will look like.

Only team in the conference you can really count out going forward is the Lakers, because of how far back Kobe set them. But everyone else is gonna be in the mix. Wolves still have a lot of work to do.
Wow, such a failure:oldlol:

I would absolutely hate to have OKC's success ever since they moved.

Cocaine80s
02-07-2016, 02:36 AM
The knowledge we have come to expect.:lol

Here is the deal:

Towns and Wiggins are already just below all star levels at their positions (if they handed out honorable mentions they would get them) and they are only 20 years old.

In the next 5 years we will see dramatic skill level drops (due to age) or retirement in the following star players (some already have one foot out the door):

LeBron
Melo
Wade
Dirk
Duncan
Kobe
Ginobili
CP3
Rose
Millsap
Aldridge
Bosh
Parker
Gasol
Gasol
Pierce
JJ
Zach
Harden
Rondo
Lowry
Noah
West
Chandler
Korver
Lopez
Love
Etc...

All the above have been all stars, someone needs to come and fill those shoes.

The whole argument that "they should be all stars now" is a bit off because when guys did so back in '04 there was less of a talent glut, the ASG rosters now are very veteran heavy.

Also, the idiot who compared the Wolves to the Clipps? Really? Odom, Miles ans Richardson is on par with Wiggins and Towns? The f@kk out with that.

These guys are 20, playing huge minutes with a bad coach and a lot of B rate teammates. It will get easier, percentages will go up, averages will go up (Wiggins ppg is up 25% from his rookie season).

One more high pick (someone who can be a top 15pg), the right trade and a real NBA coach and then this team will have a 5 year push to a ring.

Future is bright.
Didnt read.

Wiggins is average af

JtotheIzzo
02-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Didnt read.

Wiggins is average af

obviously, far too many words for someone of your meager intellect.

keep making them salient points tho sport, its a good look, honestly.

Prime_Shaq
02-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I really like KAT but I think Wiggin's development is relatively slow compared to what I expected. I really expected him to come out with more hunger and aggressiveness ala KG.

FireMcFailPlease
02-07-2016, 12:24 PM
I really like KAT but I think Wiggin's development is relatively slow compared to what I expected. I really expected him to come out with more hunger and aggressiveness ala KG.
He has more signs of brilliance than his lulls...but its still only 1.5 seasons. You would think as he trends forward in his career, he'll pan out to be pretty good.

We're destined to get another good draft pick and a shot at Simmons. thatd be fun.

Gotta start with axing Mitchell first

JtotheIzzo
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM

This talk is so f*cking tired and wrong.

he increased his ppg 4 per game from 19 y.o. to 20 y.o., in his last 3 games he had back to back 30 point games, then COMPLETELY TOOK OVER Saturday night versus the Bulls in the last two minutes and turned a deficit into a win, but yeah, no hunger or aggressiveness. SMFH...Should he snarl or something, will that get the mouth-breathers believing?

Gileraracer
02-07-2016, 12:38 PM
I smell a Filipino Here.

Stop farting in your own room.

Kawhi
02-07-2016, 12:40 PM
The Warriors are the team of the present, and the future, to be quite honest. Their oldest star player is only 27..

BigTicket
02-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Towns is the real deal, but Wiggins is not that good, and the rest of the team is weak, so I don't see them becoming a championship team with the current cast.

Dave3
02-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Towns is the real deal, but Wiggins is not that good, and the rest of the team is weak, so I don't see them becoming a championship team with the current cast.
Honestly, when I watch the Wolves I have a tendency to think that too, but then I remember, Wiggins is only friggin 20. It's easy to expect more from him since he already won ROY, but the fact is, he's still young, and not everyone develops as quickly as LeBron or Durant. Some players do develop slow and steady. Melo in his second year was 21, 6, and 3 on 43/27/80. Wiggins right now 21/4/2 on 45/25/74. I have some faith that Wiggins' shot is going to improve just based on his form.

Not to mention they have a lot of good pieces around them. LaVine, Dieng, Muhammad, Rubio. There's also trade pieces like Pekovic and Martin. This team does seem a bit like the Portland Trailblazers right before Oden was perpetually injured. I do think they have franchise potential, but it's really only going to start if they get rid of Mitchell soon. They'll be in the lottery next year, and if they can get a solid piece plus Wiggins/Towns/LaVine/Dieng all a year older, they're a darkhorse for the 8th seed. (Again, assuming Mitchell is gone).

Fallen Angel
02-07-2016, 02:35 PM
As long as Sam Mitchell is on that team the Wolves will go nowhere fast. Strangely enough, there are more front office and coaching issues that have kept the Wolves from contending than player issues in the past decade.

kshutts1
02-08-2016, 06:43 PM
If they do a good job in the draft, sign the right FAs, and hire a coach like Thibs this team should be in great shape going forward.
I really, really like Galloway as a role playing PG. And I think the Knicks could do well with Rubio. Just dunno how to make that work.

kurple
02-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Wiggins is extremely meh and Towns while great isnt dominant enough to change a franchise by himself

new wave of big men aint much behind him (Porz, Turner, Jokic, Okafor etc)

Dr Seuss
02-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I smell a Filipino Here.

overwhelming lumpia+grease smell?

kshutts1
02-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Rubio and two second round picks for

Galloway, Seraphin, Afflalo.

Only works if the Wolves think they made a mistake signing Rubio to the contract that they did (12.5m per for the next 4). Picks were only included because Seraphin, Galloway and Afflalo (PO) are all FAs after this year.

Edit: Though Rubio being considered the better player should null out the need for the picks...

sfballa13
02-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Rubio and two second round picks for

Galloway, Seraphin, Afflalo.

Only works if the Wolves think they made a mistake signing Rubio to the contract that they did (12.5m per for the next 4). Picks were only included because Seraphin, Galloway and Afflalo (PO) are all FAs after this year.

Edit: Though Rubio being considered the better player should null out the need for the picks...

Wolves need to hit the reset button

Rubio + Pekovic + Martin

for

Joe Johnson + Shane Larkin + Bogdanovich

Nets get their all star PG for the penalty of taking on Pekovic's contract

Wolves get 27M in cap space but most importantly go all young

Lavine / Larkin - Tyus
Wiggins / Bogdanovich
Shabazz / Rudez
Garnett / Payne - Bjelica
Towns / Dieng