PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone ever break Kobe's missed field goal attempts record?

72-10
02-07-2016, 02:29 AM
I mean his career record of 14,225 and counting. With the three-point line in existence, I don't think it will happen.

Not his single-game record of 30 (17-47, 0-8 3pt) on November 7, 2002.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2016, 02:35 AM
Will Jordan's awful performance at the 1990 3 point contest ever be duplicated?

72-10
02-07-2016, 02:37 AM
:lol

Jordan can't shoot threes. Not very original. Kind of like some of Kobe's moves.

Smoke117
02-07-2016, 02:39 AM
"In the last post, I examined different measures of variance in this generation’s Mt. Rushmore of wing players, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and Michael Jordan, all the while keeping in mind that it’s possible for inconsistent play to result in a few more wins on weak teams and fewer wins on good teams.

Of those four superstars, Kobe Bryant had the most games with “inefficient shooting” (under 50% True Shooting) and the fewest games with “efficient” shooting (over 60% True Shooting)."

ballinhun8
02-07-2016, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=Smoke117]In the last post, I examined different measures of variance in this generation

72-10
02-07-2016, 02:45 AM
[QUOTE=Smoke117]In the last post, I examined different measures of variance in this generation

72-10
02-07-2016, 02:46 AM
Really though, Jordan is not part of the same era.

Smoke117
02-07-2016, 02:51 AM
"In the last post, I examined different measures of variance in this generation’s Mt. Rushmore of wing players, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and Michael Jordan, all the while keeping in mind that it’s possible for inconsistent play to result in a few more wins on weak teams and fewer wins on good teams.

Of those four superstars, Kobe Bryant had the most games with “inefficient shooting” (under 50% True Shooting) and the fewest games with “efficient” shooting (over 60% True Shooting)."

It's easy to see why Kobe would have the most inefficient games (he's played the most by a good margin)....but how does he possibly have the least efficient games when he has played so many more games than every single one of these 3...yeah.

The main difference between MJ and Kobe besides the fact that MJ was just plain better....is that while they were both arrogant pricks...MJ never let that get in the way of playing good basketball on the court...Kobe on the other hand...has made a career out of that. Maybe it was him trying to live up to MJ...but he's in his 20th season a shell of his former self and still chucking up shots like he is 28...doesn't that say it all when it comes to Kobe Bryant and what is important to him as far as basketball goes? I can't stand Jordan as a personality...but you can say he always did what he did because HE WANTED TO WIN. Kobe Bryant on the other hand has always done everything because HE WANTED THE GLORY AND WANTED TO BE BETTER THAN MJ. Allen Iverson just had a bad basketball IQ...he didn't know better while he was chucking away...Kobe Bryant can't make that excuse...it's always been his narcissism that his driven what he does on the court.

I'm not that idiot dubeta or JT or GUS (if they are even different people)...I've never liked Kobe Bryant because he's never played basketball the right way. My favorite player is Scottie Pippen and who I think is the greatest coach of all time is Larry Brown...this kind of hero ball ego driven bullshit that Kobe is known for has never impressed me...and he's by far the worst at this kind of bullshit. JR Smith says Kobe Bryant is his hero...shouldn't that say it all? He clearly plays like he did...with half the skill or less...and that's why he's a league knucklehead. Hell I bet Gerald Green on the heat right now was a kobe fan too and that's why what he thinks he does is okay. If anything...Kobe Bryant has created a culture horrible for developing good fundamental basketball with his bullshit.

Akrazotile
02-07-2016, 02:53 AM
In all honesty, it's probably the most untouchable record in sports right now. I could even see Curry breaking a hundred if he gets super hot and D.I.K. are taking up a lot of defensive attention.

Kobe's missed shots record will be around long after we're gone.

SOD 21
02-07-2016, 02:59 AM
If somebody does break Kobe Bryant's record for most missed FGA's, it will clearly be an all-time great and future Hall of Famer that will do it.

Magic 32
02-07-2016, 02:59 AM
Kobe's missed shots record will be around long after we're gone.

Please don't wait with that.

Marchesk
02-07-2016, 03:01 AM
In all honesty, it's probably the most untouchable record in sports right now.

Are you saying Kobe is Wilt-like?

Mr Feeny
02-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Will Jordan's awful performance at the 1990 3 point contest ever be duplicated?

Why are we talking about one night?:lol We are talking about an entire career.

Kobe's field goal missed record will never be touched:roll:

Btw, he's dropping on the all time scoring list too. 25.0 ppg now if I'm not mistaken. Not top 10. Will keep dropping. Durant (the moment he becomes eligible ( will take a spot in the top 10 as well)

Here we go Curry! Another mvp and a fmvp and he passes Kobe and pushes him to 13th all time :hammertime:

tmacattack33
02-07-2016, 04:45 AM
17-47...on a team with Shaq? :facepalm

Apologies if Shaq was injured in that game.

ballinhun8
02-07-2016, 04:46 AM
Why are we talking about one night?:lol We are talking about an entire career.

Kobe's field goal missed record will never be touched:roll:

Btw, he's dropping on the all time scoring list too. 25.0 ppg now if I'm not mistaken. Not top 10. Will keep dropping. Durant (the moment he becomes eligible ( will take a spot in the top 10 as well)

Here we go Curry! Another mvp and a fmvp and he passes Kobe and pushes him to 13th all time :hammertime:

Another MVP and a Finals MVP and he passes LeBron too. I mean what would bran even have over him??

Mr Feeny
02-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Another MVP and a Finals MVP and he passes LeBron too. I mean what would bran even have over him??

Err 4 mvps?
Lebron is also 2nd all time in PER behind Jordan.
1st all tme in VORP and BPM (Jordan, 2nd but played less)
And 2nd all time in wsh/48 if I'm not mistaken.
Statistically there's nothing close to Lebron right now.

Curry on the otherhand is already a better player than Kobe, individually. He just needs the accolades. When he gets them in June, he passes Kobe and moves to top 11 possibly.

Then it's an uphill climb past Hakeem, Bird, Lebron and Shaq.

Gileraracer
02-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Maybe Lebron if he keeps bricking from beyond 5ft like he's doing right now