PDA

View Full Version : The reason why curry will never pass jordan

You Cant Ban Me
02-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Not only was jordan the best offensive player on the court at all times he was also the best defender on any court he stepped on.Until curry starts taking pride on defense he will never be in the goat conversation.Right now he is just in the class with a iverson

you can't ban me has spoken.

Dr Hawk
02-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Not only was jordan the best offensive player on the court at all times he was also the best defender on any court he stepped on.Until curry starts taking pride on defense he will never be in the goat conversation.Right now he is just in the class with a iverson

:wtf: :wtf:

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Anyone insinuating he's anything more than a more efficient Iverson both in game, position, our popularity of his no physicality era is being media brain washed. The guy plays on literally the most stacked team in the league. Offensively and defensively. As well as the most versatile.

tmacattack33
02-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Anyone insinuating he's anything more than a more efficient Iverson both in game, position, our popularity of his no physicality era is being media brain washed. The guy plays on literally the most stacked team in the league. Offensively and defensively. As well as the most versatile.

Anyone trying to compare a slasher with maybe the best quickness the game has ever seen to a shooter who is not very athletic is not making a good comparison.

And by the way, a more efficient Iverson would indeed be the GOAT offensive player, especially once you give him Curry's passing vision.

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Anyone trying to compare a slasher with maybe the best quickness the game has ever seen to a shooter who is not very athletic is not making a good comparison.

And by the way, a more efficient Iverson would indeed be the GOAT offensive player, especially once you give him Curry's passing vision.
I'm not making a literal comparison. What they represent to their era is very similar.

tontoz
02-07-2016, 03:18 PM

First of all it is debatable whether Jordan was even the best defender on his own team. Secondly comparing Curry, the most prolific 3 point shooter in league history, to a guy who shot 31% for his career from 3 is pretty lame.

It is true that Jordan was a better defender than Curry, but let's not pretend that Curry is a bad defender. The GS defense is consistently better when he is on the court. He is currently 3rd among pgs in DRPM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1

Straight_Ballin
02-07-2016, 03:18 PM

I said this last year. :sleeping

Spurs m8
02-07-2016, 04:02 PM
You can guarantee anyone saying Curry is better than Jordan was born after 1991.

Kids these days...I tell ya...

Marchesk
02-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Secondly comparing Curry, the most prolific 3 point shooter in league history, to a guy who shot 31% for his career from 3 is pretty lame.

But then you can just go and look at all the 30+ point seasons Jordan had, and compare his playoff scoring average to Curry's.

Jordan also is 6-6 in FMVPs.

tontoz
02-07-2016, 04:09 PM
You can guarantee anyone saying Curry is better than Jordan was born after 1991.

Kids these days...I tell ya...

Have use seen any examples of people saying Curry was a better overall player than Jordan, or are you just making stuff up?

G-Funk
02-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Jordan was not the best defensive player on the court. Pippen was.

Hopper15
02-07-2016, 04:11 PM
No one will pass Jordan.

WorldWarriors
02-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I really hate that Curry gets compared to Jordan. No he won't pass Jordan but he's very good in his own right. I'm happy with that. Jordan won't be passed for a very long time. Every great player that comes along doesn't have to be the next Jordan or better than Jordan. Geez

tontoz
02-07-2016, 04:18 PM
But then you can just go and look at all the 30+ point seasons Jordan had, and compare his playoff scoring average to Curry's.

The post you quoted from me was referring to Iverson. Jordan was a career 33% shooter from 3 and didn't shoot them often.

Marchesk
02-07-2016, 04:25 PM
The post you quoted from me was referring to Iverson. Jordan was a career 33% shooter from 3 and didn't shoot them often.

I see.

warriorfan
02-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Curry isn't the defensive player Jordan was

Jordan wasn't the offensive player Curry is

AnaheimLakers24
02-07-2016, 04:42 PM
73-9
3 jordans homers are so scared :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
LMAO @ MJ being the best defender on any court he stepped on

he was never close to the Robinson, Hakeem, Ewing, Zo etc level bigs on defense

Spurs m8
02-07-2016, 04:48 PM
73-9

6/6

6 FMVP

Yep

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Jordan wasn't the offensive player Curry is
And now Curry stans are in a more hideously stupid place than Kobe or LeBron stans ever were. Wow. Jesus Christ, wow.

You Cant Ban Me
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM
73-9
whether the warrior break the record or not at the end of the day you're still only packing 4 inches down there anaheim...

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Jordan was not the best defensive player on the court. Pippen was.
That's not true either. Jordan shouldered more offensive load but from an ability perspective. Particularly man to man defense, Jordan was definitely superior. If you're talking versatility due to size than it's Scottie.

All Net
02-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Nobody is saying he will

diamenz
02-07-2016, 10:51 PM
i don't think curry will ever be on a goat defensive lvl because of his lack of length. he certainly has huge potential on the iq lvl though, and he's already showcased that.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-08-2016, 12:04 AM

What is Wilt?

plowking
02-08-2016, 12:12 AM
And now Curry stans are in a more hideously stupid place than Kobe or LeBron stans ever were. Wow. Jesus Christ, wow.

Based on this season alone it is true.

SamuraiSWISH
02-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Based on this season alone it is true.
Based on just over half of a season, you're comfortable co-signing a moron who proclaimed Curry being a by far and away better offensive player than Michael Jordan ever was? I know you like being contrarian, but seriously?!

plowking
02-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Based on just over half of a season, you're comfortable co-signing a moron who proclaimed Curry being a by far and away better offensive player than Michael Jordan ever was? I know you like being contrarian, but seriously?!

So far, he has been amazing. One of, if not the best offensive displays halfway through a season.

Fair enough of an assessment?

The only reason I come off contrarian on here is because people on here love narratives instead of what actually is. I'm surprised Peyton isn't being called the GOAT right now, but maybe the American media is finally catching on that you can in fact play poorly and still win games in sports.

Dictator
02-08-2016, 12:44 AM
The curry nonsense is definitely getting out of hand.

SamuraiSWISH
02-08-2016, 12:55 AM
So far, he has been amazing. One of, if not the best offensive displays halfway through a season.

Fair enough of an assessment?
He's been amazing, no doubt. But I know you hate 90s ball, especially when it comes to Jordan love.

But to say Curry in 40 some odd games is better offensively than basically the greatest offensive weapon from the guard position or otherwise EVER WAS is a bit absurd, no? Something like that as a rational fan should piss you off much more.

And wouldn't it be fair enough assessment to acknowledge all the offensive talent, pace, and space along side Curry that has assisted in such impressive numbers.

Curry is the best shooter in the league, probably of all time. But everyone on that team shoots well. In Klay's case another top three shooter in the league. The Warriors are loaded. Three all stars. Most versatile big man this side of LeBron.

And IDK what or why you're talking about the American sports media. They've already moved on from LeBron. They pretty much are marketing Curry is the best player in the game. Which too is just absurd. And they have been acknowledging Mannings horrendous drop off a cliff production and physical limitations the past 2 years. Broncos have been winning with him and not because of him. He is a game manager at this point. Basically a better Trent Dilfer was to the 2000 Ravens.

How can you judge American media when you live in Australia, bro? Lol.

ImKobe
02-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Why do people keep trying to compare Curry to Jordan like he ever has a chance of being in his tier?? Stats-wise he can put up big numbers on the offensive end but he's not going to touch Jordan Finals numbers...and then there's defense. Curry is not an elite defender. You saw the OKC game, right? Curry doesn't even have to guard the best PGs in the game as he has Klay do it for him.

DonDraper
02-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Why do people keep trying to compare Curry to Jordan like he ever has a chance of being in his tier?? Stats-wise he can put up big numbers on the offensive end but he's not going to touch Jordan Finals numbers...and then there's defense. Curry is not an elite defender. You saw the OKC game, right? Curry doesn't even have to guard the best PGs in the game as he has Klay do it for him.

But can he crack the top 12? :wtf:

sportjames23
02-08-2016, 02:39 AM

This is why you can't ban this bruva. :pimp: :cheers:

DonDraper
02-08-2016, 02:40 AM
This is why you can't ban this bruva. :pimp: :cheers:

He wasnt even a top 2 defender on his team

Pippen, Rodman >>>

Chadwin
02-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Steph has enough time left to get to number 2 all time and his game isn't highly dependent on athleticism. He'll never beat Jordan's insane playoff stats.

ImKobe
02-08-2016, 10:38 AM
But can he crack the top 12? :wtf:

I bet if ESPN told you to jump off a cliff, you would actually do it :facepalm

Lebron23
02-08-2016, 10:58 AM
He needs to win a Finals MVP before you compared him to Jordan.

Mass Debator
02-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I can overlook that Curry will never pass Jordan on the all-time list because it takes too much of the right circumstances to do so. But, I'll already put him up there with Jordan as a GOAT top talent of all-time when considering his position and impact.

lilandywiggins
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM

Nobody expects him to surpass Jordan.

lilandywiggins
02-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Also, Curry has already surpassed AI.

Asukal
02-08-2016, 01:20 PM
We really have to do this shit now? :confusedshrug:

Why don't we wait till Curry sustains this performance over multiple seasons first and win titles on the way? :confusedshrug:

OP is an idiot. :facepalm

Straight_Ballin
02-08-2016, 01:40 PM

Why don't we wait till Curry sustains this performance over multiple seasons first and win titles on the way? :confusedshrug:

Not everyone got to watch MJ play live.

Some of these kids are hungry to witness greatness also so they are excited about Curry's future and are speculating.

Don't fault them for wanting what I already experienced.

lilandywiggins
02-08-2016, 01:44 PM

Agreed.

Optimus Prime
02-08-2016, 02:30 PM
So Curry has an amazing 1.5 seasons (but not even FMVP...) in a super soft league that babies jump shooters, and he's getting compared to Jordan? Really? :hammerhead: :banghead: :facepalm

It's like kids haven't even watched Jordan. They just know him as a crying face meme or a logo on sneakers. It's beyond ridiculous.

And being compared to Iverson is no insult. AI was a tremendous player who gave it his all every night, but he just had an awful attitude and was extremely unwise with how he led his life off the court. Additionally, if AI was surrounded with half the talent Curry has had around him in GS, I have no doubt that AI would have a ring or two (just not against the Lakers :D).

:kobe:

G-Funk
02-08-2016, 02:45 PM
That's not true either. Jordan shouldered more offensive load but from an ability perspective. Particularly man to man defense, Jordan was definitely superior. If you're talking versatility due to size than it's Scottie.
Do you now remember Magic busting Jordans ass in the 91 Finals. Which forced Pippen to lock down Magic the rest of the series.

riseagainst
02-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Do you now remember Magic busting Jordans ass in the 91 Finals. Which forced Pippen to lock down Magic the rest of the series.

this

r0drig0lac
02-08-2016, 02:47 PM
He needs to win six Finals MVP before you compared him to Jordan.

agree

Cali Syndicate
02-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Unless curry carries this unprecedented level into the playoffs season after season while winning multiple championships, there is no argument to even be made. 1 season of elite play, that isn't even over, won't cement anything other than that it was an amazing top tier season ... Seriously its like none of y'all even watch to enjoy the game.

tontoz
02-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Not exactly. The first game they switched Pippen on Magic it worked. After that the Lakers were ready for it and it didn't work so Phil went away from it.

Mass Debator
02-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Unless curry carries this unprecedented level into the playoffs season after season while winning multiple championships, there is no argument to even be made. 1 season of elite play, that isn't even over, won't cement anything other than that it was an amazing top tier season ... Seriously its like none of y'all even watch to enjoy the game.
Describe elite because I've had him as an elite player since 2013.

SamuraiSWISH
02-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Stop making shit up. Jordan got into foul trouble one game and they switched. Jordan guarded him for more possessions in the series than Scottie did. Factually. And Jordan clearly frustrated him, as did Scottie ... as evident in his dips in FG%.

plowking
02-08-2016, 08:36 PM
How can you judge American media when you live in Australia, bro? Lol.

This is why everyone thinks Americans are dumb and ignorant. :oldlol:

TheBigVeto
02-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Curry got pwned by Delly. Jordan never did.

diamenz
02-08-2016, 11:32 PM
This is why everyone thinks Americans are dumb and ignorant. :oldlol:

you've got us confused with the politicians of america.