View Full Version : Trade idea - Oklahoma City/Orlando

Jameerthefear
02-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Orlando sends: Evan Fournier, Channing Frye
Orlando receives: Serge Ibaka, OKC's first rounder

OKC sends: Serge Ibaka, 2016 First Rounder
OKC receives: Evan Fournier, Channing Frye

Why?
If Orlando plans to keep Vucevic they need a shot blocking 4 that can protect the rim and knock down a 3 or two a game. Ibaka brings that role for them. Another pick sweetens it for them as Rob is a decent drafter. For OKC they get another shooter on the wing (39% from 3 on 53PA/g) who can play the 2 or 3 and a stretch 4 that can come off the bench.

TripleA
02-07-2016, 04:58 PM

Why?
If Orlando plans to keep Vucevic they need a shot blocking 4 that can protect the rim and knock down a 3 or two a game. Ibaka brings that role for them. Another pick sweetens it for them as Rob is a decent drafter. For OKC they get another shooter on the wing (39% from 3 on 53PA/g) who can play the 2 or 3 and a stretch 4 that can come off the bench.

Ibaka is regressing and probably 30. Fournier and Frye won't fix the Thunders problems.

Jameerthefear
02-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Ibaka is regressing and probably 30. Fournier and Frye are more valuable than that package.
:biggums: what?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-07-2016, 05:07 PM

Why?

Why Do u say such mean things JAM?

TripleA
02-07-2016, 05:08 PM
:biggums: what?
He is definitely not 26. I saw him at the Nike Hoop summit he was definitely was not 18 back then.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-07-2016, 05:10 PM
He is definitely not 26. I saw him at the Nike Hoop summit he was definitely was not 18 back then.

Foreigners tend to lie about age.

Jameerthefear
02-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Why Do u say such mean things JAM?
What are you talking about?

HylianNightmare
02-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Love this

outbreak
02-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Good for Orlando. OKC fans despite saying Ibaka is useless would want more though.

Jameerthefear
02-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Good for Orlando. OKC fans despite saying Ibaka is useless would want more though.
I feel like it's decently fair but I know they would have a HUGE hole at 4.

Mike smith
02-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Thunder could get more for ibaka. And he's definitely not 30

TiagoSimoes
02-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Foreigners tend to lie about age.
goos informed opinion:facepalm

what you mean is, there are many cases in which african players in sports lied about their age.

outbreak
02-07-2016, 10:10 PM
goos informed opinion:facepalm

what you mean is, there are many cases in which african players in sports lied about their age.

More specifically, a lot of people from areas like the congo, uganda or sudan don't accurately know their date of birth. We have refugees from those regions here and there's large groups who all have january 1st as their birth date because they don't have accurate records, they just estimate the year in some cases.

Ibaka if he is older than listed likely isn't for that reason though as I've seen a doco on him and he has a family and though he grew up poor it didn't seem as if he was from the war torn areas.