PDA

View Full Version : Can Michael Jordan and His Bulls Team beat Any of Russell Team's in the NBA Finals?

Lebron23
02-08-2016, 10:18 AM
What do you guys think?

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0529/espndb_1957nbachamp_576.jpg

https://pristineauction.s3.amazonaws.com/13/130884/main_1.jpg

Dr Hawk
02-08-2016, 10:21 AM
They would beat every single one of them

Lebron23
02-08-2016, 10:26 AM

Let's us give some major credit's to Russell Teams. They won 8th straight NBA titles in the late 1950's to the mid 1960's.

On papers and in real life they were a very stacked team.

The_Pharcyde
02-08-2016, 03:01 PM
I have all the respect for Russells celtics, But i feel the game changed too much from then to the 1990's

I think the bulls teams would take care of them fairly easily, the game had evolved so much from then

Real Men Wear Green
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
It's not necessarily an immense gap but players evolve and have gotten better over time. A guy like Russel I could see still having a high level of defensive impact but on the other hand Bob Cousy was shooting under 40% as a major scorer. MJ and Pip would be extremely hard to contain as they would be a little bigger and a lot more athletic than Havlicek and Jones. Not totally sure that Pippen would shut Havlicek down but I don't think Havlicek ever had to deal with a defender with the combo of wingspan and athleticism that Pippen had. Pippen was about as big as the C's 4, Tommy Heihnson, who would have had a hard time as well with Rodman.

Major x-factor: One team played with a three-point line, the other did not. We don't have any idea whether or not those Celtics would have been good from distance.

TheBigVeto
02-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Not if David Stern is not the commish.

imnew09
02-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Sure. But Lebrons team would surely fail because it was tough basketball back then.

Lebron flopping/whining wont work

diamenz
02-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Sure. But Lebrons team would surely fail because it was tough basketball back then.

he'd be forced to shoot jumpers with russell's interior d.

gg.

Psileas
02-09-2016, 01:45 AM
It's not necessarily an immense gap but players evolve and have gotten better over time. A guy like Russel I could see still having a high level of defensive impact but on the other hand Bob Cousy was shooting under 40% as a major scorer. MJ and Pip would be extremely hard to contain as they would be a little bigger and a lot more athletic than Havlicek and Jones. Not totally sure that Pippen would shut Havlicek down but I don't think Havlicek ever had to deal with a defender with the combo of wingspan and athleticism that Pippen had. Pippen was about as big as the C's 4, Tommy Heihnson, who would have had a hard time as well with Rodman.

Major x-factor: One team played with a three-point line, the other did not. We don't have any idea whether or not those Celtics would have been good from distance.

Why do you take for granted that they play in Bulls' era? What if they don't? And what if they both have the same level of basketball evolution, which is way more realistic a scenario than time travel, which argument people only use because it makes their comparisons easier?

Btw, how come "basketball has changed" from Russell's era to Jordan's, but, somehow, it supposedly hasn't changed from Jordan's era to nowadays and it's a given that the Bulls would still have dominated today the same way they did back then? Can anyone place side by side a game from the 90's (especially early 90's) with a game from 2016 and conclude this is the same type of game?

ClipperRevival
02-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Of course you would have to favor the Bulls but any team with Russell, Havlicek and Jones is dangerous. You have to at least give these legends some respect. But Bulls all day.

Bawkish
02-09-2016, 02:45 AM
Of course. Different era doe

jongib369
02-09-2016, 03:16 AM
If they overlapped for a decade, with the same changes the Bulls wouldn't get 6 rings IMO...But could they beat them for a few? Yes

I'm not saying this is how it would happen, but for a hypothetical chips by year

Celtics-Celtics-Bulls-Bulls-Celtics-Celtics-Bulls-Celtics-Celtics-Celtics

How would this change your ranking of Jordan, if at all?

SyRyanYang
02-09-2016, 05:33 AM
If they overlapped for a decade, with the same changes the Bulls wouldn't get 6 rings IMO...But could they beat them for a few? Yes

I'm not saying this is how it would happen, but for a hypothetical chips by year

Celtics-Celtics-Bulls-Bulls-Celtics-Celtics-Bulls-Celtics-Celtics-Celtics

How would this change your ranking of Jordan, if at all?

More like
Bulls-Bulls-Bulls-Bulls-Celtics*-Celtics*-Bulls-Bulls-Bulls-Bulls

*Jordan retires to play baseball

aj1987
02-09-2016, 05:39 AM
More like

:applause: :applause: :applause:

he'd be forced to shoot jumpers with russell's interior d.

gg.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Spurs m8
02-09-2016, 05:42 AM

This

jongib369
02-09-2016, 11:18 AM
More like

Celtics VS any team during that time is a hypothetical...Jordan didn't play until 99, and I'm not giving the bulls the nod over a team they couldn't beat in 90. The Russell led Celtics played until 69, so if anything it'd look like this

Pistons-Bulls-Bulls-Celtics-*Celtics-*Celtics-Bulls-Celtics-Celtics-Spurs

Though I think the Celtics could beat the Pistons/Spurs

feyki
02-09-2016, 12:13 PM
In my mind , Every legend team would beat other legend teams in their era . So ? Put 96 Bulls in 1965 with 1965 rules,culture ; Celtics would win , easily . But other side . Put 65 Celtics in 1996 , Bulls would win , easily .

If we want to compare legend teams , that must like 01 LA vs 96 Bulls or 67 Sixers vs 65 Celtics . Same rules , same culture .