PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings to fire George Karl

Dr. Cheesesteak
02-08-2016, 11:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14744059/sacramento-kings-planning-fire-coach-george-karl-coming-days

Kings staying dysfunctional despite new owner. New owner is an impatient idiot and the minority owners want him out and rightfully so.

Anyway. Maybe they'll get Thibs next season. If Vivek is smart and stays hands-the-****-off and lets Vlade act as a real GM.

JohnFreeman
02-08-2016, 11:56 PM
I hope the NBA steps in and sorts out Vivek

Guy is a joke

He Strong
02-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Crazy day for coach firings.

coin24
02-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Horrible hire in the first place.. Karl is an old fart that hates any star player..

With the roster the kings have they should be in the 6-8 spot

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:07 AM
George deserved so much better than this.

Stay healthy, champion.

You've got a friend in me.

outbreak
02-09-2016, 12:08 AM
new coach won't fix how dysfunctional that organization has become. They'll fire him, win a couple in a row then go right back to finding someone else to blame when they start losing again.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2016, 12:10 AM
I never liked the Karl hiring

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 12:11 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14744059/sacramento-kings-planning-fire-coach-george-karl-coming-days

Kings staying dysfunctional despite new owner. New owner is an impatient idiot and the minority owners want him out and rightfully so.

Anyway. Maybe they'll get Thibs next season. If Vivek is smart and stays hands-the-****-off and lets Vlade act as a real GM.
I really cannot see Cousins coexisting with Thibs. You want to talk about culture shock? He will not hesitate to put you on the bench if he senses visual frustration negatively impacting your team or loafing defensively.

Maybe that is what Cousins needs, but he is such a wildcard, I would be less surprised if it was a trainwreck... unless the plan is to unload Cousins, snatch up a bunch of assets and allow Thibs to build something. In that case, the hiring would make sense.

Seems to me Thibs would have a lot of options though. I don't really know why he'd take on that titanic challenge with easier rosters to mold into a winner and that are likely to be calling on him.

bobopenguin
02-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Kings should have take no.2 pick + Randle + fillers for cousins before the season started.

Stay losing.

L8krH8tr
02-09-2016, 12:12 AM
Rondo and cousins are wannabe thugs

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:12 AM
new coach won't fix how dysfunctional that organization has become. They'll fire him, win a couple in a row then go right back to finding someone else to blame when they start losing again.
Yep

They need to clean the house. Cousins is insanely talented, but it'll never work in Sacramento for him. He needs to go somewhere that'll peg him down to totem poll a bit. We just let him dictate a franchise over a HOF coach that has made the playoffs 26/28 times, despite multiple teams, multiple players, stars or no stars. We should have given him the keys to the car. He has the success, he has the reputation, he has the resume. Cousins has nothing comparable to that.

Dr. Cheesesteak
02-09-2016, 12:13 AM
I loved the Karl hiring. I disliked the Cousins slobbering by Vivek. He is not an untouchable player. And Vivek needs to stfu or gtfo.

Karl is a HoF coach. Cousins is a great talent who's never been on a 30W team in his 5 seasons. Whom would you rather have?

outbreak
02-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Kings should have take no.2 pick + Randle + fillers for cousins before the season started.

Stay losing.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bust1.gif

plus their pick could be going elsewhere and at the start of the season seemed more likely so which would have made it hard to trade at that time.

Dr. Cheesesteak
02-09-2016, 12:16 AM
I really cannot see Cousins coexisting with Thibs. You want to talk about culture shock? He will not hesitate to put you on the bench if he senses visual frustration negatively impacting your team or loafing defensively.

Maybe that is what Cousins needs, but he is such a wildcard, I would be less surprised if it was a trainwreck... unless the plan is to unload Cousins, snatch up a bunch of assets and allow Thibs to build something. In that case, the hiring would make sense.

Seems to me Thibs would have a lot of options though. I don't really know why he'd take on that titanic challenge with easier rosters to mold into a winner and that are likely to be calling on him.
Bolded = what I'm praying for.

But yeah, on the surface, Thibs and Cousins seems like a bad match. But if Thibs can get W's, Cousins wont care about his personality. Heck, Cousins was temporarily jovial w/ Karl when they won 5 in a row.

outbreak
02-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Bolded = what I'm praying for.

But yeah, on the surface, Thibs and Cousins seems like a bad match. But if Thibs can get W's, Cousins wont care about his personality. Heck, Cousins was temporarily jovial w/ Karl when they won 5 in a row.

None of us know the guy but Cousins seems like if someone doesn't let him do what he wants he'll run to all the other players and refuse to play until they are fired. Need strong management to reign him in and call his bluffs or need to send him elsewhere where he doesn't have control of management or the other players.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Horrible hire in the first place.. Karl is an old fart that hates any star player..

With the roster the kings have they should be in the 6-8 spot
The coaching carousel in Sacramento indicates that the problem is probably not the guy sitting on the bench and drawing up plays in the huddle. It's a dysfunctional organization, yes.... but is there any coach out there who can reach Cousins?

He has been in the league for six years now and the Kings' improvement has been marginal, at best.

They went 38-44 in 2008, just two years before Cousins was drafted with their go-to guys being John Salmons, Brad Miller and Ron Artest... and Reggie Theus was their head coach.

That's 9 games better than any of the teams Cousins has been a part of since coming out of Kentucky.

The guy is obviously a great talent, but I question whether or not he has the mental fortitude, drive, and flat-out love for basketball to be a primary piece on a good team.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:23 AM
The problem plain and simple is we've got a career loser masquerading as an elite player (due to stats) leading our team. He creates the culture. He fails to inspire his team. The greatness about Karl is he grants freedom to the player. It requires winners and leaders.

JohnFreeman
02-09-2016, 12:23 AM
This team is far from good

Rondos defense is atrocious and clearly he is playing for his contract
Rudy turns up about once every 5 games

everyone else sucks

1987_Lakers
02-09-2016, 12:27 AM
I think Karl is just coaching in the wrong era. He has been feuding with players since his Denver days, and for some reason there is a trend of players calling Karl a "snake" on twitter.

Andre Iguodala, Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins, J.R. Smith, & Ty Lawson were the players who called him a snake.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:33 AM
I think Karl is just coaching in the wrong era. He has been feuding with players since his Denver days, and for some reason there is a trend of players calling Karl a "snake" on twitter.

Andre Iguodala, Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins, J.R. Smith, & Ty Lawson were the players who called him a snake.
He likes to use his assistants

Those brothers probably interpret as not being "real"

Prime_Shaq
02-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Should never have fired Malone

raprap
02-09-2016, 12:35 AM
mike malone rn :banana:

Mr. Jabbar
02-09-2016, 12:36 AM
that pos is a terrible coach. good riddance

Dr. Cheesesteak
02-09-2016, 12:38 AM
I will add, to all the ppl saying Cousins is the reason the coaches get fired, I'm not completely sold on that.

Since the Vivek regime, Cousins grew to love Malone and openly admitted feeling guilt that Malone was fired due to Cousins being injured. He also implied Corbin was given a raw deal.

I think Cousins has only really disliked Karl, but again, when they were briefly winning, things were good. Cousins' attitude is determined by team success, imo, believe it or not. I mean, he'll always be a whiny child, but if the team wins, he doesn't care who his coach is.

The coaches before Vivek? The Magoofs were fire happy, just like Vivek is, and I believe loved Tyreke more anyway. Honestly, if Cousins played for an organization who had a real vision and was patient, he'd probably not be considered a cancer in the locker room. If he played for OKC or SA or Boston, etc, he'd just be an on-court diva only.

Instead he goes to an organization owned by the Maloofs, then Vivek Ranadive. Terrible mix.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:38 AM
that pos is a terrible coach. good riddance
?

His coaching career is comparable to Pop, Don Nelson. P-Jax and the greats.

raprap
02-09-2016, 12:40 AM
The coaching carousel in Sacramento indicates that the problem is probably not the guy sitting on the bench and drawing up plays in the huddle. It's a dysfunctional organization, yes.... but is there any coach out there who can reach Cousins?

He has been in the league for six years now and the Kings' improvement has been marginal, at best.

They went 38-44 in 2008, just two years before Cousins was drafted with their go-to guys being John Salmons, Brad Miller and Ron Artest... and Reggie Theus was their head coach.

That's 9 games better than any of the teams Cousins has been a part of since coming out of Kentucky.

The guy is obviously a great talent, but I question whether or not he has the mental fortitude, drive, and flat-out love for basketball to be a primary piece on a good team.
Well the Kings were doing good last year with Mike Malone until Cousins got hurt. Then they decide to fire the only coach that seems to get to their star and sign a coach who has history with bad relationships with players. :confusedshrug:

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:44 AM
Don't overrate the legendary 9-6 start to last year under Malone. Karl had stretches this year that were just as good.

The culture spearheaded by Cousins, is weak to confrontation and will fold at the first sign of indifference.

FireDavidKahn
02-09-2016, 01:51 AM
All these coaches have been fired...the one constant?

DMC

thefatmiral
02-09-2016, 02:17 AM
I wanted to like the kings. But now ****em. Karl is a great coach.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 02:34 AM
All these coaches have been fired...the one constant?

DMC
Sadly this is the reality. He's an insane talent, but you can't have him as the leader of a franchise. Atleast not in Sacramento. He needs to go to somewhere like Boston, LA or Miami. Somewhere where a big timer like P-Jax or Pat Riley are there to keep him in his place. This franchise has bent over backwards for him.

GoRapz
02-09-2016, 03:14 AM
I am still baffled as to why the Kings fired Malone last season :confusedshrug:

no pun intended
02-09-2016, 03:27 AM
Crazy day for coach firings.
More like crazy season...

bobopenguin
02-09-2016, 03:32 AM
Can't we use this chance to hijack cousins? Surely by now Kings wouldn't mind the package of dangelo + Randle.

theaussieguy
02-09-2016, 03:36 AM

he doesn't, he is the Nick Kyrgios of the NBA (who conversely is the DMC of tennis). Deep down all he really cares about is getting recognized as some kind of bad boy, pretending to care and be all about winning just adds to his fake wannabe image of a badass. Ironically he also likes to be thought of as some kind of social justice warrior (probably browses reddit).

I can look at a mans face and instantly determine their demeanor. Its obvious at first sight he hasn't grown past the mental age of 14.

poido123
02-09-2016, 05:14 AM

What have the Cavs achieved more than the Kings?

Did they not just fire a coach too? And what about the Andrew Bynum debacle and the run in with coaching staff? The bungled Anthony Bennett pick? The list goes on.

Pot meet kettle

tontoz
02-09-2016, 07:40 AM
I never liked the Karl hiring

Dumb move firing Malone in the first place. He was doing fine. Another dumb move hiring Karl.

Vivek needs to stop pretending he has a clue about basketball.

Sarcastic
02-09-2016, 07:46 AM
mike malone rn :banana:

He already has a job. Karl's old job actually as coach of the Nuggets.

kurple
02-09-2016, 10:04 AM
?

His coaching career is comparable to Pop, Don Nelson. P-Jax and the greats.
Nellie maybe, but PJax and Pop? Gthoh

kurple
02-09-2016, 10:06 AM
He already has a job. Karl's old job actually as coach of the Nuggets.
:hammertime:

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Nellie maybe, but PJax and Pop? Gthoh
Pop and Jackson massively respect Karl. Real recognize REAL. If Karl had Tim Duncan or Mike Jawdan he'd probably have many rings too. But I guess he'll have to settle for an immaculate record over near 30 years, making the playoffs 90%+ the time, with and without star players, multiple teams in different conferences in different eras.

Magic Man Karl turned the 17-25 Nuggets and finished the season 32-8

Denver wished they never fired him

HOLLER SANCHO RAMIREZ.

Haymaker
02-09-2016, 10:31 AM
The whole league is moving forward, hiring college based coaches, even ex players or assistant coaches. Karl was a good coach back then but the game has evolved and he was never one to command respect/attention.

kurple
02-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Pop and Jackson massively respect Karl. Real recognize REAL. If Karl had Tim Duncan or Mike Jawdan he'd probably have many rings too. But I guess he'll have to settle for an immaculate record over near 30 years, making the playoffs 90%+ the time, with and without star players, multiple teams in different conferences in different eras.

Magic Man Karl turned the 17-25 Nuggets and finished the season 32-8

Denver wished they never fired him

HOLLER SANCHO RAMIREZ.
Karl is the most overrated coach ever. He has always coached teams full of talent, but always finds a way to lose in the 1st round. even as a 1st seed

Billups said he was shocked when he came to denver because we only had 2 inbound plays. How do you only have two inbound plays in the NBA?

and ironically enough, Billups carried us past the 1st round with one of the best shooting preformances ever against CP3 and the Hornets. But they ended up losing in the WCF because of two faild inbound plays

Karl literally got outcoached every single playoff matchup ive seen of him

Jameerthefear
02-09-2016, 11:45 AM
What have the Cavs achieved more than the Kings?

Did they not just fire a coach too? And what about the Andrew Bynum debacle and the run in with coaching staff? The bungled Anthony Bennett pick? The list goes on.

Pot meet kettle
:roll: :roll:
Why is everything you say so ****ing stupid?

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 11:47 AM
So much talent that as soon as he left you went from 57 wins to YAHTZEE

Karl gives freedom to the players. It requires a certain level of responsibility and accountability.

Battle tested bro. One of the greatest coaches of all time.

DukeDelonte13
02-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Karl is the most overrated coach ever. He has always coached teams full of talent, but always finds a way to lose in the 1st round. even as a 1st seed

Billups said he was shocked when he came to denver because we only had 2 inbound plays. How do you only have two inbound plays in the NBA?

and ironically enough, Billups carried us past the 1st round with one of the best shooting preformances ever against CP3 and the Hornets. But they ended up losing in the WCF because of two faild inbound plays

Karl literally got outcoached every single playoff matchup ive seen of him

This. George Karl is super overrated. He's good for a first round exit. Can't connect with his players either.

With that being said i have a soft spot in my heart for the Kings. They remind me so much of my beloved Cleveland Browns. They are the Browns of the NBA.

I know it sounds bad and crazy but they gotta just blow it the f*ck up with their new coach. Trade Cousins and rebuild from the ground up. That organization is not stable enough to reign his ass in and teach him to reach his full potential. He's a headcase. If your team's best player is an assh*le, that mentality is going to permeate through the lockerroom. Trade him while his value is high and bite the bullet and do a rebuild the right way.

DukeDelonte13
02-09-2016, 12:22 PM
And now windhorst tweets that the Cavs have been shopping Mozgov to the Kings.

WTF is that all about?

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2016, 12:30 PM
This. George Karl is super overrated. He's good for a first round exit. Can't connect with his players either.

With that being said i have a soft spot in my heart for the Kings. They remind me so much of my beloved Cleveland Browns. They are the Browns of the NBA.

I know it sounds bad and crazy but they gotta just blow it the f*ck up with their new coach. Trade Cousins and rebuild from the ground up. That organization is not stable enough to reign his ass in and teach him to reach his full potential. He's a headcase. If your team's best player is an assh*le, that mentality is going to permeate through the lockerroom. Trade him while his value is high and bite the bullet and do a rebuild the right way.

[QUOTE]

miggyme1
02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
how come this guy cant keep a job. one of the best coaches ever. I feel like he is easy to make a scapegoat or something.

Took the nuggets from mediocre to title contending...yes they lost in the first round to the WARRIORS but I think anybody would have lost to the warriors in the first round that year...gallinari was hurt as well.

Im not even gonna mention his stints in seattle and Milwaukee. I just wonder what the problem is

Miles and Miles
02-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Just kidding now they aren't. Vlade GM came out today and said they are keeping Karl.

DukeDelonte13
02-09-2016, 03:20 PM
George Karl has lost in the first round literally 9 out of his last 10 trips.

The NBA isn't the same as it was when he was coaching the sonics. He may have been an all time great coach, which i doubt, but he surely hasn't done anything noteworthy lately.

Miles and Miles
02-09-2016, 03:21 PM
George Karl has lost in the first round literally 9 out of his last 10 trips.

The NBA isn't the same as it was when he was coaching the sonics. He may have BEEN an all time great coach, which i doubt, but he surely hasn't done anything noteworthy lately.

The Kings would have a parade if they lost in the first round.