PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real, if ESPN/SI did these lists one year ago, Curry wouldnt even be on them

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Now he's 31st on SI, in the top 25 on ESPN :lol

Nothing against Curry, dude's having a season for the ages, but there's literally nothing a player can do to justify having that kind of spike in an all time ranking in a calendar year

Akhenaten
02-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Facts

Prime_Shaq
02-09-2016, 11:07 PM
You can kinda justify it when you're the leader of a 67 win teams and possibly the greatest shooter in NBA history though, and that was just last season.

warriorfan
02-09-2016, 11:09 PM
two words

eye test

outbreak
02-09-2016, 11:11 PM
lets be real if they did this list 20 years ago kobe wouldn't even be on it
lets be real if they did this list 40 years ago jordan wouldn't even be on it

DonDraper
02-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Its like people forgot this little boy didnt even get a FMVP vote :lol

stalkerforlife
02-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Curry is having the greatest peak in NBA history.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-09-2016, 11:17 PM
two words

eye test

:cheers:

Lebron Fails the Eye test while players like Kobe,Steph,Bird,Mj,Magic obliterate it

I'm still relativley new to basketball and I don't really care for advance stats or know what most of them mean. I didn't really know what to call it until someone mentioned it here on ish on when you just know from watching a player that they have "it" People call it the "eyetest"

So, I was thinking if it was possible to create an advanced stat that ties in stats but also context or "The Eye Test" I know it might be subjective but an advanced stat that ties in context would be great because as much as good stats are nice to look at it doesn't mean anything if context is no applied to it.

Maybe it can tie in stuff like

1.traveling
2.bit- ching
3.lack of footwork
4.Lack of Jumpshot
5.colluding
6.fg% protection
7.coach killing
8.throwing teammates under the bus when you choke
9.blaming jersey sleeves for a poor shooting night
10/.handpicking teammates then quiting once they get hurt
11.stiffarming
12.lack of respect for coach
13.HGH
14.feeling the need to get hair surgery ,
15.having another player say that they hope your arena smells like alcohol and not do anything about it
16.having mom getting banged by someone 3 years older than you named the BigLambo?

Lelbron fails the Eyetest that much is evident

:banana: :banana:

Fire Colangelo
02-09-2016, 11:19 PM

Lebron Fails the Eye test while players like Kobe,Steph,Bird,Mj,Magic obliterate it

I'm still relativley new to basketball and I don't really care for advance stats or know what most of them mean. I didn't really know what to call it until someone mentioned it here on ish on when you just know from watching a player that they have "it" People call it the "eyetest"

So, I was thinking if it was possible to create an advanced stat that ties in stats but also context or "The Eye Test" I know it might be subjective but an advanced stat that ties in context would be great because as much as good stats are nice to look at it doesn't mean anything if context is no applied to it.

1.traveling
2.bit- ching
3.lack of footwork
4.Lack of Jumpshot
5.colluding
6.fg% protection
7.coach killing
11.stiffarming
13.HGH
15.having another player say that they hope your arena smells like alcohol and not do anything about it
16.having mom getting banged by someone 3 years older than you named the BigLambo?

bruh,

you're trying wayyyy too hard.

red1
02-09-2016, 11:27 PM

1.traveling
2.bit- ching
3.lack of footwork
4.Lack of Jumpshot
5.colluding
6.fg% protection
7.coach killing
11.stiffarming
13.HGH

legit zero out of ten

ISHGoat
02-09-2016, 11:28 PM
The poster you just negged? He's overdosing on creatine. The camwhore you just told to gtfo? She's sending nudes to whiteknights to feel loved. The OP you just called a *******? He's a *******. See the guy who doesn't even look like he lifts? He does crossfit, it's not his fault. The guy who just got modnegged? He's selling dick pics to get back into the green. That detective who ruined your life? He lives in his mothers basement waiting to lose his virginity. Put this as your status if you're aware. I bet 95% of you won't repost, but I'm sure the people with an avi and no life will.

He Strong
02-09-2016, 11:43 PM
This just shows how great he has been in the past year.

LoneyROY7
02-09-2016, 11:44 PM

Nothing against Curry, dude's having a season for the ages, but there's literally nothing a player can do to justify having that kind of spike in an all time ranking in a calendar year

Winning a title and being in the midst of greatest statistical season of ALL-TIME changes that, bud. :oldlol:

DonDraper
02-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Winning a title and being in the midst of greatest statistical season of ALL-TIME changes that, bud. :oldlol:

Already off the cp3 bandwagon? :lol

tmacattack33
02-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Um, well he got a ring last year and was a top 3 player in the regular season, and the second best player in the post-season, with a good Finals performance.

And he has already had the GOAT first half of a season that I've ever seen.

Nick Young
02-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Playing like the GOAT PG in basketball history will do that

LAZERUSS
02-10-2016, 12:42 AM

I have said it before, but if Curry were to get run over by a tractor pulling a combine tomorrow, where would his career rank?

HOoopCityJones
02-10-2016, 12:44 AM
I have said it before, but if Curry were to get run over by a tractor pulling a combine tomorrow, where would his career rank?

No where near Top 25.

MoBe1Kanobi
02-10-2016, 03:00 AM
The poster you just negged? He's overdosing on creatine. The camwhore you just told to gtfo? She's sending nudes to whiteknights to feel loved. The OP you just called a *******? He's a *******. See the guy who doesn't even look like he lifts? He does crossfit, it's not his fault. The guy who just got modnegged? He's selling dick pics to get back into the green. That detective who ruined your life? He lives in his mothers basement waiting to lose his virginity. Put this as your status if you're aware. I bet 95% of you won't repost, but I'm sure the people with an avi and no life will.

:biggums:

Are we just not gonna say anything about this post...?