PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry but Curry is just the GOAT PG

Nick Young
02-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Curry's peak is short so far, but it is safe to call him the most dominant unguardable offensive PG of all time. No PG in basketball history can match this level of play.

Curry doesn't have the long resume but his peak is better than any PG's peak.

Spurs m8
02-10-2016, 12:18 AM
You're almost as bad as Swaggy P

COnDEMnED
02-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Magic

72-10
02-10-2016, 12:21 AM
It's pretty clearly Magic Johnson

Please stop

TheBigVeto
02-10-2016, 12:38 AM

Please stop

It is not Magic Johnson, but I'd still rank him over Curry. For now anyway.

72-10
02-10-2016, 12:40 AM
It is not Magic Johnson, but I'd still rank him over Curry. For now anyway.

OK. Who do you think is the greatest point guard?

MellowYellow
02-10-2016, 12:44 AM
stockton
curry
magic
nash
isaiah

Nick Young
02-10-2016, 12:50 AM

Please stop
Curry is offensively more unstoppable than Magic. Magic was a flashier passer and playmaker but in terms of overall production and offensive effectiveness Curry has him beat by a lot.

LoneyROY7
02-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Wardell transcends PGs.

72-10
02-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Curry is offensively more unstoppable than Magic. Magic was a flashier passer and playmaker but in terms of overall production and offensive effectiveness Curry has him beat by a lot.

Actually, it's Magic Johnson.

Magic: 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 11 apg on 52% shooting from the field, he led a team to five NBA championships and an NCAA championship
Curry's numbers while he's still in his prime: 22 ppg, 4 rpg, 7 apg on 48% shooting from the field, he has led a team to one NBA championship

Wow, Curry can shoot a three-pointer. That's great, but it's not an all-around offensive game.

red1
02-10-2016, 12:58 AM
*GOAT shooting PG and possibly offensive PG

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:00 AM

Magic: 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 11 apg on 52% shooting from the field, he led a team to five NBA championships and an NCAA championship
Curry's numbers while he's still in his prime: 22 ppg, 4 rpg, 7 apg on 48% shooting from the field, he has led a team to one NBA championship

Wow, Curry can shoot a three-pointer. That's great, but it's not an all-around offensive game.

To be fair, a few of those championships were butter.

With a team as good as his, he was beating 39 win teams in the conference finals. Not exactly hard work is it?

SugarHill
02-10-2016, 01:01 AM

Is Magic's edge as a passer greater than Curry's offensive gravity as well Curry's undeniable edge as a scorer?

LAZERUSS
02-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Get back to me when Curry takes his team's to nine Finals, and wins five rings...and in a span of 12 seasons.

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Get back to me when Curry takes his team's to nine Finals, and wins five rings...and in a span of 12 seasons.

That is an arbitrary requirement as to what Curry needs to do to be better.

Another 2 or 3 rings at this level will certainly have him in the conversation. In fact, there is a lot more parity and teams in general in the league, making it harder to dominate now.

PsychoBe
02-10-2016, 01:04 AM

With a team as good as his, he was beating 39 win teams in the conference finals. Not exactly hard work is it?

he beat dr. j's sixers and bird's celtics shut up

LAZERUSS
02-10-2016, 01:07 AM

How about Curry's playoff run last season? Didn't face a healthy team at all in the playoffs, and arguably the most injury-riddled finalist of all-time.

BTW, Magic's Lakers fared better against their Eastern foes than Bird's Celtics did.

72-10
02-10-2016, 01:10 AM

The West playoffs were kind of easy, but the Finals never were, he faced some of the best teams in history in the mid-80s 76ers and Celtics. The late 80s Pistons were one of the best defenses in history.

1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1988-89 Detroit Pistons

all three of these teams were among the Top 10 Teams in NBA History

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:10 AM
How about Curry's playoff run last season? Didn't face a healthy team at all in the playoffs, and arguably the most injury-riddled finalist of all-time.

BTW, Magic's Lakers fared better against their Eastern foes than Bird's Celtics did.

Completely different facing a 39 win team than it is a 55-60 win team with an injury here or there.

I'm not shitting on anyone, but there is no point comparing the two. We can all have our opinions on who is the better player. As much as you don't like to hear it, it isn't ridiculous to say that current Curry is a better player than Magic. Statistics, team wins, and advanced statistics all back it up.
So... yeah, we'll see what happens down the road, but as far as now, it isn't ridiculous.

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:11 AM
The West playoffs were kind of easy, but the Finals never were, he faced some of the best teams in history in the mid-80s 76ers and Celtics. The late 80s Pistons were one of the best defenses in history.

1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1988-89 Detroit Pistons

all three of these teams were among the Top 10 Teams in NBA History

Well another thing, we all know one of those championships were bullshit as well due to that call that KAJ got. :oldlol:

72-10
02-10-2016, 01:13 AM
Completely different facing a 39 win team than it is a 55-60 win team with an injury here or there.

I'm not shitting on anyone, but there is no point comparing the two. We can all have our opinions on who is the better player. As much as you don't like to hear it, it isn't ridiculous to say that current Curry is a better player than Magic. Statistics, team wins, and advanced statistics all back it up.
So... yeah, we'll see what happens down the road, but as far as now, it isn't ridiculous.

Going by this logic, there would be no question that the late 90s Bulls were better than this Golden State team would be even if they won like 74 games and swept the playoffs.

72-10
02-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Well another thing, we all know one of those championships were bullshit as well due to that call that KAJ got. :oldlol:

I am unfamiliar with that, but it must be the 1985 Finals since it went seven games against the Celtics.

Sarcastic
02-10-2016, 01:15 AM

And who did the Warriors beat last year that was better than any of the teams that Magic beat? The Cavs were missing 2 of their 3 best players in the finals.

Or are you just going off a 50 game sample this year?

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:17 AM
And who did the Warriors beat last year that was better than any of the teams that Magic beat? The Cavs were missing 2 of their 3 best players in the finals.

Or are you just going off a 50 game sample this year?

Funny how the same people who are now belittling Curry's comp are the same ones who yell "2/6" on here without context. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
02-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Funny how the same people who are now belittling Curry's comp are the same ones who yell "2/6" on here without context. :oldlol:

When do I yell "2/6"? And what does that have to do with Curry's competition?

But since you want to go there, how many series did Bran lose with HC throughout?

plowking
02-10-2016, 01:46 AM
When do I yell "2/6"? And what does that have to do with Curry's competition?

But since you want to go there, how many series did Bran lose with HC throughout?

I don't care about that. Just using it as reference to how things come full circle and then people change their argument. :oldlol:

Relinquish
02-10-2016, 02:25 AM

Let me know when Magic plays in an era where his stats aren't constantly inflated by statkeepers like Curry does. Even then, Curry is still more productive. :cheers: