PDA

View Full Version : Is Kobe's half court game still better than Lebron's?

NBASTATMAN
02-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I believe it is.

Tonight should provide food for this debate. BTW Lebron is no longer a top 5 player in the league..

Mass Debator
02-10-2016, 01:04 PM
It's been a long time since the top 5 in PER reflects the top 5 players. Lebron is the 4th best player right now. And yeah, Kobe's half court game is still better than Lebron's.

tontoz
02-10-2016, 01:05 PM
2pt shot %

Kobe 40.4%
Lebron 56.1%

Ghay thread.

Mass Debator
02-10-2016, 01:15 PM
2pt shot %

Kobe 40.4%
Lebron 56.1%

Ghay thread.
I wouldn't be surprised if those are cherry picking percentages too.

Kobe = chucker Lou, rook, rook, trash can, iggy's bf, fillers
Lebron = Kyrie, Love/3pt champ, elite defender, 6MOTY, elite rebounder, Mo all-star, etc

tontoz
02-10-2016, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if those are cherry picking percentages too.

Kobe = chucker Lou, rook, rook, trash can, iggy's bf, fillers
Lebron = Kyrie, Love/3pt champ, elite defender, 6MOTY, elite rebounder, Mo all-star, etc

LeBron played with some weak supporting casts his first 7 years and never shot that bad inside the arc. His worst two years were 43.8% his rookie year and 49.9% his 2nd year.

They both suck from 3 obviously.

Kobe has been terrible this year.

HOoopCityJones
02-10-2016, 01:29 PM
LeBron played with some weak supporting casts his first 7 years and never shot that bad inside the arc. His worst two years were 43.8% his rookie year and 49.9% his 2nd year.

Kobe is two major injuries deep into retirement. What's Lebron excuse as a in his prime 15 year vet still shooting so horribly?

He's shooting worse than Kobe from 3.

ImKobe
02-10-2016, 01:30 PM

inside the arc - he mostly scores in the paint (at least when he was younger), his jump shooting stats have never been that impressive

Kobe takes long 2s and fadeaways in the post if he's not chucking 3s.. he shouldn't be playing at this point but injuries robbed him of a couple seasons, 37 yrs old obviously isn't going to be playing anywhere near as good as his prime self. People wonder why he's shooting so poorly but look at the statistics, over 80% of his shot attempts are jump shots, he has a total of 735 FGA with 313 coming from 3, where he's shooting around 28% from..

Still, Kobe is shooting basically the same percentage as Lebron on jump shots with almost twice as many attempts from 3 :oldlol:, still 5% better than Bran from 10-16 FT.

pauk
02-10-2016, 01:30 PM
Production wise and team impact wise based on what they had to work with around them says otherwise unfortunately.... but sometimes its better to believe what you want to believe, feels better...

HOoopCityJones
02-10-2016, 01:33 PM
inside the arc - he mostly scores in the paint (at least when he was younger), his jump shooting stats have never been that impressive

Kobe takes long 2s and fadeaways in the post for the most part... he shouldn't be playing at this point but injuries robbed him of a couple seasons, 37 yrs old obviously isn't going to be playing anywhere near as good as his prime self.

Still, Kobe is shooting basically the same percentage as Lebron on jump shots with almost twice as many attempts from 3 :oldlol:, still 5% better than Bran from 10-16 FT.

That's a damn shame. :coleman:

Fire Colangelo
02-10-2016, 01:41 PM

Kobe takes long 2s and fadeaways in the post if he's not chucking 3s.. he shouldn't be playing at this point but injuries robbed him of a couple seasons, 37 yrs old obviously isn't going to be playing anywhere near as good as his prime self. People wonder why he's shooting so poorly but look at the statistics, over 80% of his shot attempts are jump shots, he has a total of 735 FGA with 313 coming from 3, where he's shooting around 28% from..

@ bolded is that supposed to be a good thing? :lol

ImKobe
02-10-2016, 01:44 PM
@ bolded is that supposed to be a good thing? :lol

Just saying Kobe's on a rebuilding team with terrible coaching where he chucks up bad shots all game with zero lift and he's still basically shooting the same percentage as prime Lebron on jump shots...that's my point.. I remember a year or two ago people would say how Lebron could be a better shooter than prime Kobe and MJ :roll:

Fire Colangelo
02-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Just saying Kobe's on a rebuilding team with terrible coaching where he chucks up bad shots all game with zero lift and he's still basically shooting the same percentage as prime Lebron on jump shots...that's my point.. I remember a year or two ago people would say how Lebron could be a better shooter than prime Kobe and MJ :roll:

He was... two years ago.

Then his jumpshot somehow disappeared last year, doesn't mean he wasn't a good shooter in 2013-2014.

I know you're trying to prop up Kobe, but you're basically saying Kobe has low BBIQ chucking up those shots.

I don't really mind since this is his last season... I say he deserves to chuck it up all he wants and enjoy the rest of his year. But don't blame it on rebuilding and coaching lol.

tontoz
02-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Kobe is two major injuries deep into retirement. What's Lebron excuse as a in his prime 15 year vet still shooting so horribly?

He's shooting worse than Kobe from 3.

OP asked if Kobe's half court game is better than Lebrons. Kobe's age/injuries are not relevant to that question.

Sure Lebron is shooting .07 worse from 3. But he is shooting 15.7% better on 2s.

He Strong
02-10-2016, 02:01 PM
Both are overrated.

DonDraper
02-10-2016, 02:04 PM
No, LeBron still holds a significant advantage in mid range shooting

NBASTATMAN
02-10-2016, 03:34 PM

I agree with everything except that this is prime Lebron... Bron is no longer in his prime. In his prime Lebron was a good shooter. His three point percentages and midrange were both good. In his prime Lebron would still be the best player in the league.. Steph would be better offensively but Lebron was a great defender in his prime..