:roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Swap kobe and Lebron and your list is accurate.

Top12Be

pastis
02-10-2016, 05:06 PM
good list, except the lebron ranking. i think he is top 10....not top 5 tough. do you seriously believe tahat he is just 13-15?

G0ATbe
02-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Kobe too low, Wade too low, LeBald too high, Jordan too high. And if Rodman makes the list, where the hell is Pippen? And where's Curry?

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:10 PM
good list, except the lebron ranking. i think he is top 10....not top 5 tough. do you seriously believe tahat he is just 13-15?
I think he can be argued in as high of a 12th spot at best.
I just don't think that we can write off Mikan who has 5 championships and dominated the competition. Yes, he obviously lacks longevity, but for what he did in his time, it's pretty spectacular.
Take into account that I count erving's ABA career too, as we should.
I can explain every choice on this list logically if you want me to

FKAri
02-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Are these the 30 best basketball players ever or the 30 guys with the longest wikipedia article? I realize that it is very difficult to form an objective list without simply comparing carer accomplishments but it's a far less interesting discussion. I'm not going to praise guys for being in the right place at the right time.

If Dirk had played even better in the 2011 finals but his team lost he'd be even lower in people's "ranking". Nah **** that logic. When I go to war I want my unit to have the best guys not the nigguhs with the most medals.

pastis
02-10-2016, 05:15 PM
I think he can be argued in as high of a 12th spot at best.
I just don't think that we can write off Mikan who has 5 championships and dominated the competition. Yes, he obviously lacks longevity, but for what he did in his time, it's pretty spectacular.
Take into account that I count erving's ABA career too, as we should.
I can explain every choice on this list logically if you want me to

please explain, why you have rather rodman than pippen? why malone and barkley behind wade?
willis reed?

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2016, 05:16 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/a6dc00cc0dff963471d002ed540777bc.png

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Are these the 30 best basketball players ever or the 30 guys with the longest wikipedia article? I realize that it is very difficult to form an objective list without simply comparing carer accomplishments but it's a far less interesting discussion. I'm not going to praise guys for being in the right place at the right time.

If Dirk had played even better in the 2011 finals but his team lost he'd be even lower in people's "ranking". Nah **** that logic. When I go to war I want my unit to have the best guys not the nigguhs with the most medals.
soldiers don't get medals for nothing.
Winning is the sole reason of playing basketball, there's no other valuable measurement of success.

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
please explain, why you have rather rodman than pippen? why malone and barkley behind wade?
willis reed?
Rodman, in my mind, is the greatest defender ever and the greatest rebounder ever. He tends to get underrated by people who love flash over substance, but the man has 5 rings for a reason.
I also believe that Pippen underperformed in the playoffs more often than not and after his bulls days was more or less a joke of a player and a character.

Wade has arguably the greatest finals performance under his belt and three rings.
Meanwhile barkley and malone have none, and it's not like they haven't had their chances.
And what's wron with willis reed? Man is a two time finals mvp for god's sake.

feyki
02-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Rodman :roll: :roll:

FKAri
02-10-2016, 05:21 PM
soldiers don't get medals for nothing.
Winning is the sole reason of playing basketball, there's no other valuable measurement of success.

Then where is Sam Jones on your list? You know the leading scorer on 3 titles teams as well as the best wing defender. Has 10 rings in total. Hit countless game winners and was at times was the quickest guard in the league.

Why is Dennis "wtf?" Rodman over him?

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Then where is Sam Jones on your list? You know the leading scorer on 3 titles teams as well as the best wing defender. Has 10 rings in total. Hit countless game winners and was at times was the quickest guard in the league.

Why is Dennis "wtf?" Rodman over him?
That's a good one, I forgot Sam Jones, ought to put him in over someone right now.

EDIT: Dropped Stockton down one spot, dropped rodman to 31st

Mr Feeny
02-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Take this
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Swap kobe and Lebron and your list is accurate.

Top12Be

:roll: :roll:
This is hillarious

FKAri
02-10-2016, 05:31 PM
That's a good one, I forgot Sam Jones, ought to put him in over someone right now.

EDIT: Dropped Stockton down one spot, dropped rodman to 31st

Look at my descriptions of Sam Jones and compare it to Isiah Thomas. Isiah Thomas doesn't even come close. You could argue Isiah played in a tougher era but then why is Bill #1? Too many contradictions.

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Look at my descriptions of Sam Jones and compare it to Isiah Thomas. Isiah Thomas doesn't even come close. You could argue Isiah played in a tougher era but then why is Bill #1? Too many contradictions.
Sam Jones was a 2nd-3rd guy on many championship teams.
Isiah was the main guy on two championship teams with a few legendary performances. And I'd say his competition was a little better
Main guy on a championship team carries a lot of weight.
I tend to take whole career into account here, even little things like mvps count just a tad bit here

pastis
02-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Sam Jones was a 2nd-3rd guy on many championship teams.
Isiah was the main guy on two championship teams with a few legendary performances. And I'd say his competition was a little better
Main guy on a championship team carries a lot of weight.
I tend to take whole career into account here, even little things like mvps count just a tad bit here

did you take toughness of conferences into account? serious question

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:40 PM
did you take toughness of conferences into account? serious question
I try to take everything that I know into account.
I may change a few places if a proper argument comes as with sam jones.

Fallen Angel
02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
OP, just admit you know little to nothing about the NBA pre-Magic & Bird.

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:46 PM
I'd like to think I know more that most people here, I used to go on 30-40 page discussions about who between russell and Wilt were better and why willis reed and people like unseld, pettit and mikan were underrated by today's fans.
I'm not lazarus or cavsftw level of crazy over oldies, but I have a decent stroke from the non existent three point line.

DonDraper
02-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Kobe isnt even a top 5 SG all time, let alone top 5 all time in OPs list

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:49 PM
ok

Mr Feeny
02-10-2016, 05:51 PM

Hahaha Kobe fanboys are gonna hang themselves:roll:

Mr Feeny
02-10-2016, 05:52 PM

Pre magic? He knows nothing pre 2008. Whats pre Magic got to do with anything :roll:

Hey Yo
02-10-2016, 05:53 PM
:applause: :applause:

Who ranks players they've never seen play??

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Hahaha Kobe fanboys are gonna hang themselves:roll:
do your other alts feel the same way?

ShawkFactory
02-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Other than people who rank players the exact same way you do...I don't think there's a person dead or alive that will agree with you that Isaiah Thomas was better than Oscar Robertson.

Mr Feeny
02-10-2016, 06:00 PM
do your other alts feel the same way?

Melting down and embarrassed in his own thread:roll:
:lebronamazed:
12thBe indeed

SexSymbol
02-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Melting down and embarrassed in his own thread:roll:
:lebronamazed:
12thBe indeed
Respectable opinion, care to share your own top 30?
Have you even seen 30 players play?

feyki
02-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Anyway , let's talk real .

Beside of Wilt , good list .

But Isiah and Reed have no case for top 25 . Put Wilt to number four . And put Ewing,Barkley,Elgin to top 25(or close ) . That would great .

ShawkFactory
02-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Anyway , let's talk real .

Beside of Wilt , good list .

But Isiah and Reed have no case for top 25 . Put Wilt to number four . And put Ewing,Barkley,Elgin to top 25(or close ) . That would great .
Way too much stock purely on rings.